1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Here are the pics of my Hotwheels spree at Big W.

PC140188 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The HW Imagination cars. There are a Retro Active, Mad Splash, Super Stinger and a Scorpedo.

PC140192 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The HW Stunt cars. There are a Snow Ride, HW 450F, Citroen Rally, 24/Seven, Da Kar and a Quicksand.

PC140194 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some HW Racing cars. There are a Super Blitzen, Tarmac Attack, Torque Twister, Nitro Doorslammer and a pair of Hollowbacks.

PC140195 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some more HW Racing cars. A Vandetta, F1 Racer, 13 Mustang and a 69 Chevelle.

PC140203 by commodoreben, on Flickr
My First 2013 Treasure Hunt.

PC140209 by commodoreben, on Flickr
I had to get an extra Gasser to open.

PC140210 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The Showroom cars. Corvette Stingray Concept, Corvette ZR-1, Hotwheels Camaro and a 70 Monte Carlo.

PC140212 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some more Showroom cars. A Lamborghini Aventador, Golf GTI, 458 Spider, Classic Nomad and a Aston DBS.

PC140213 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A 64 Lincoln, Custom 56 Ford F-100, 72 Grand Torino and a 69 Mercury Cougar.

PC140215 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The last of the Showroom cars. A Purple Passion, Nissan Titan, Ferrari Enzo, 71 Plymouth Roadrunner and a BMW 2002.

PC140217 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Some City cars. A Wheel Loader, a pair of Cadillac Sixteens and a Subaru WRX.

PC140218 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The last of the cars. A trio of AE-86’s, 70 Camaro SS and a Porsche Carrera GT.

1) $4.
2) Can you not see the Canadian flag under my avatar? :P Shipping shouldn't exceed $10.

I can now that I am on my computer! :dopey:
Anyway, I would send you the F40 and the GB car but I really would like to hang onto the Jag.

Go or no go?

Oh screw you and all of your '13 cars, Ben. Geez. :grumpy:

Hopefully it won't be long until I start seeing them around here.

Good luck, Jarrod. :lol:
Obviously fate so I had to buy it.

Ya, that's it. :lol:
I collect Legos as well as diecasts and dvds/blurays. You should check out the Lego thread if you want to see some of my collection.
Stay away from me, bro!

Just found that Vector in the previous page. Target Acquired.
........I guess it's way too late for you! Welcome aboard on the crazy train. :D
Can ya'll take a guess as to what it is?:sly:
Don't tease us. Let's have it!

Stopped by WalMart tonight. Picked up:

- Tyrrell P34 TH (available for sale, trade)
- Honda Civic Si Juke Box Series (this is the new Decades replacement)

Boy, that Tyrrell's an oldie!

Edit: I wish somebody would buy this Kyosho CRX. Considering the scale, I'd think it's as perfect as it gets. :drool: It's on sale for roughly $20 in the U.S.

Last edited:
Don't tease us. Let's have it!
About time somebody responded! :lol: Well, ya'll probably know what rhyme's with Sune Saddy....

Dune Daddy!
2012-12-14-130811_zps0b3c78a6.jpg

Yep!:dopey: Your eyes do not deceive you!;) That is a near-mint 1975 Red Line Dune Daddy with flowers on the hood!:drool: Got it as a Christmas gift at my college!:dopey: I had wanted this one for a while.:) Just had to put it in red ink.:sly:

And here is an Action Pack I also got today!:dopey: Seen this on Amazon for only $0.50 (not even joking), found out my friend at college had an Amazon, so i gave the money for it and he ordered it and I got it today!:dopey: Hope to get plenty more.:sly: These sets are perfect for photographers who love making dioramas! You hear me Photonrider?
2012-12-14-130611_zps2f1431ec.jpg

The vehicles included are as follows...
2012-12-14-130710_zps8408b0ce.jpg

Here are my purchases from last week I meant to post:

Ferrari 308 GTS (Corgi). Thought I would never find any more Corgi's again, but walked in Kit Kringle, found this right off!:drool: I had just been thinking about how awesome it would be if I found it and then the next I know I find it!:dopey:
2012-12-14-205158_zpse2416ded.jpg

Lexus SC400
2012-12-14-205211_zps8e2c5b7b.jpg

Mercedes Benz 380SEL
2012-12-14-205230_zps73318636.jpg

Cockney Cab II to complete my collection.:)
2012-12-14-205245_zps476cad5a.jpg

Edit: Reuploaded since I no longer need Photobucket.

Last edited:
My Walmart near home slightly updated their Boulevards with a couple 442s, Ford trucks, Civic Si's, and three Bel Airs. I bought all three of the Bel Airs; two for wheels, one to keep carded.
They also had all the Holiday Cars apart from the motorcycle. I got the Bread Box and Ford Delivery for my girlfriend and left the others behind.
They had those horrid graffiti cars too.
Oh, and I picked up another 918 to keep carded as well as a blue BMW 2002 for the same reason. I also came across the Harley from this year, so I bought that too. Those three were at Target.

Those Red Bel Air's must be extra stock that Mattel had laying around, because they were supposed to be Mix 2 in Boulevard, and here they are showing up with the new stuff...

Yeah, I knew something peculiar was up when I saw them after Kevin(?) got one at Walmart as well. It was funny to still see two 914s in the back. :lol:
That's still better than the Walmart down by school; they haven't had Boulevards for months. :grumpy:

Damn, some nice scores, SonyGamma972! I've been aware of those action packs. There are couple of them I've been somewhat after, but some other priority seems to always comes up, and I haven't had the chance to order them yet.
What have you got against lego:lol:
While I don't think I'll ever get into collecting Legos, I didn't think I'd start collecting Hot Wheels at my age either.

I'm not taking any chances!

Question for a6m5: Do you have this green car - a.k.a. Spin King - and if you do..koff, ahem, errr . . . any thing moves, slides, pops-up, so on, in it?

It was a blue one I had, Harry:

old pic......

IMG_0655.jpg

It's still in packaging....... :P I discovered the photo when I was looking for the pics I took of the Tomica 86 to compare with the one that Kakashi just got.

Question for a6m5: Do you have this Spin King - and if you do..koff, ahem, errr . . . any thing moves, slides, pops-up, so on, in it?

Since this Asian decided not to answer you, I will. ;)

The Spin King doesn't have moving parts. I've taken one apart.

One of the rivets holds down the gold plastic, the other holds down the tinted window. Therefore, everything is fastened firmly to the chassis.

Yellow light; before we proceed any further, what other cars do you want to hand onto and what are you willing to sell to me? Better yet, can I interest you in a lot of cars I probably no longer want?

You should understand I have little idea of what any of them are worth or what I would want. Not up for paying $10 for shipping but I'd be happy to sell to you if that's what you want. Because you asked, not me! :)

Hey hey, lookie what I have here. :dopey:

I have wanted to take it apart very much for its wheels but I can't bring myself to do it because the first Quaker State & Lube restaurant is very close to where I live.
I don't know if any of you are familiar with that restaurant or not but I know it's pretty famous for the relatively small number of locations it has.

I'm pretty sure I have a few of those. :sly: A few paint chips here and there too IIRC.

Back