1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
So my ebay shipments arrived today. The Ecto-1 practically popped out of the case when picking it up. I was a little disappointed it was already opened, but the car was flawless and I was planning on opening it anyways... so I opened KITT and the Adam West Batmobile as well.

Red Baron meanwhile has yellowing plastic... but a damn near mint card... so I'm torn on whether to open it or not.

Then I made a late night stop at the Safeway grocery store and dug through the Hot Wheels there. Didn't find anything major aside from the Black/Yellow Renault and Red Li'l Red Express pickup which I had been wanting for awhile. Also picked up the awesome Pink AAR Cuda, another Arkham Asylum Batmobile, a Grey Greased Gremlin, and the white '11 Jaded.

Just so you guys know, the 3-spoke, 5-hole and 7-spoke wheels will no longer be used on newer cars. They have officially been discontinued by Mattel.

Oh screw you and all of your '13 cars, Ben. Geez. :grumpy:
Seconded. :grumpy:

...................These sets are perfect for photographers who love making dioromas! You hear me Photonrider?

What? What?!!! I heard you screaming all the way from up here at the North Pole for chrissakes! MG, I need those! :crazy:

It was a blue one I had, Harry:

Hm. Still in the packaging, eh. Canooooooooo!!

................. I've taken one apart.
everything is fastened firmly to the chassis.

Thanks, AOS- it looked like there was some kind of swivelling or sliding mechanism to it, and I nearly busted my fingers try to pry it apart.

My 86s so far:

Nice work, Kakashi. Glad you decided to join the gang here. :) 👍

a6m5, we're here for ya bud. We've all stepped on a LEGO before. You're not alone. :lol:

Oh! Poor guy. Abused as a kid by Dangerous Dan, too. There, there!
*patting a6m5 on head sympathetically.
Is it Mega Bloks you like now? They have a real nice Halo collection.

In other news:
Got myself a prussian blue Lotus Espirit, red Eclipse convertible, black Cadillac LMP, and teal-blue Murcielago, (all HWs) as well as a new bunch of MBs, including a nicely detailed black Z4 convertible.
Pics up sooner or later.

Just so you guys know, the 3-spoke, 5-hole and 7-spoke wheels will no longer be used on newer cars. They have officially been discontinued by Mattel.

These three?

FOc1r.jpg

Hs2Tp.jpg

TWUqb.jpg

Sonygamer455
About time somebody responded! :lol: Well ya'll probly know what rhymn's with Sune Saddy....

Dune Daddy!

Yep!:dopey: Your eyes do not decieve you!;) That is near mint 1975 Red Line Dune Daddy with flowers on the hood!:drool: Got it as a christmas gift at my college!:dopey: I had wanted this one for a while.:) Just had to put it in red ink.:sly:

And here is a Action Pack i also got today!:dopey: Seen this on Amazon for only $0.50 (not even joking), found out my friend at college had a Amazon, so i gave the money for it and he ordered it and i got it today!:dopey: Hope to get plenty more.:sly: These sets are perfect for photographers who love making dioromas! You hear me Photonrider?

The vehicles included are as follows...

Here are my purchases from last week i ment to post:

Ferrari 308 GTS (Corgi). Thought i would never find anymore Corgi's again, but walked in Kit Kringle, found this right off!:drool: I had just been thinking about how awesome it would be if i found it and then next i know i find it!:dopey:

Lexus SC400

Mercedes Benz 380SEL

Cockney Cab II to complete my collection.:)

Wait, What?! A action pack? :eek:

And man that 380SEL brings back memories when I was a kid. I had at least two of them, same color but different wheel variations.

RCKakashi14
Oh, what a great weekend! Today, I bought this:

A GT86/FR-S?! Nice, but hand it over bro. ;):P

McZachenF1138
a6m5, we're here for ya bud. We've all stepped on a LEGO before. You're not alone. :lol:

I know that feeling..... Lego blocks being thrown by crazed minifigures or Lego People who rebel against your rules of your cities and towns. So they plan to throw blocks at you and make you rage like a wild man and use monster trucks to bash down their houses, buildings, stores, schools, offices and malls, but you demolish them all and then you fall in shame that you have did more chaos than you would do in GTA, and you make a vow never to touch Legos again......... Except getting Lego People for dioramas.

It happened to me, true story.....:crazy::lol:

R1600Turbo

Woah, I thought that they stopped making the 3-spoke and 5-spokes a long time ago, like back in the early-mid 2000s.

But I'm gonna miss my 3-spoke aka "Cyclones" rims and 7-spokes. But the Cyclones, they were the 90's man! :(

SVX
They still use those (at least the first two)?! :eek:
True. :lol:

IMG_1549.jpg

This Walmart had like five F40's. Maybe they are starting to flood the market! Unfortunately for me, nothing else cool really. :grumpy:
Onry the first part, which wasn't the real question. :P
Don't you start with the Engrish. That's all I get from the bastards at work. Besides, I did give Harry an answer. "It's still in packaging" i.e. "I can't be bothered with this". :P

*Insert numerous old age jokes here*
Weird thing is, most collectors I run into are ancient. They are grandpas!

That is so funny. I just touched this in the "Real Guns" thread, just few days ago. :lol:
So my ebay shipments arrived today. The Ecto-1 practically popped out of the case when picking it up. I was a little disappointed it was already opened, but the car was flawless and I was planning on opening it anyways... so I opened KITT and the Adam West Batmobile as well.
That sucks about the Ghostbusters car. Since you were opening it, no harm done, I guess......
I have no idea what they are, but why would they discontinue them completely? :crazy:
Canooooooooo!!
If this is Canooo, where the paddles? :dopey: *see below for reference.

"If this is escape, where the pod?"

Ahh! Why you the onry one to not ship internationally?! I need those F40s! :indiff:

They've stopped years ago......

Anyone interested in last year's Holiday Hot Rods? I've come across thousands of them at Ollie's for 88¢.

A tad late on this subject, but here's how I place most of my loose cars. Parents were kind enough to give me a left over shelf that my brother had in college. Was organized, but after buying and opening many more cars, I started to run out of space.
IMG_0645_zpsc7f87081.jpg

Anyways, I stopped by that other flea market. Mostly disappointed with the amount of scale models inside the building. But one vendor...outside had an entire shipping container! Scale models and everything along with plastic model kits! His helper wasn't able to help him move stuff out of the container, so I was only able to go halfway into the container to look at the stuff. The guy said he had many boxes of Hot Wheels as well. But I was only able to buy these that were out on his display. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the containers. Corgi models and other old stuff that...you guys would like. Anyone want to come to Maine to help me out? :P
IMG_0644_zps4f4ffe51.jpg

I'll miss the 7-spoke. Will hoard them like mad now and buy donors whenever I find them.

It sounds like a real find. Is it enough of one to justify driving that far from where I live?
I'm kinda serious too. :lol:

Also, on the off chance you guys find stuff at Tuesday Morning, how easily would you say it is?

How easily to find stuff?

Not sure. I only check after I see someone on HWC post that they found something there. My local store still has a Garage set for $40. Waiting for it to drop, if it doesn't sell by then.

Edit: Heads up guys, Boulevard set on Clearance at Wal-Mart.com

Last edited:
Hmmm.... good tip, but I already have nearly all of the Boulevards I want. Only one that I'm missing's probably the Camaro.

Medigo: I like the cars you bought, but what is the one on the bottom-right?

Ahh! Why you the onry one to not ship internationally?! I need those F40s! :indiff:
It's internationarry, you rookie. :P

Well, it's a good sign though. It seems to be more common around my area now. It's like total of seven I've come across in a week(at two Walmart stores).

Whatever guys, whatever.

:lol:

I played GT5 when it came out. Dropped out shortly after, just like with the GT4. GT3's the last Gran Turismo game I really played.

Sometimes, I think only people who truly win on eBay are the carriers like USPS, FedEx, UPS...... :lol:

Quote of the year right there! 👍

Edit: Today's pickups and more. :)

Some Holiday Hot Rods from Ollie's. There were literally millions of them.

I quite like this little Buick and the IndyCar is fantastic! :drool:

I knew for a long time that 25th and 30th anniversary models were not worth much at all so I finally opened mine.

You can see how the paint on the Deora is coming off, so I think I'll use this for a modern take on an old redline and give it a respray and detail.
And as for the Red Baron (one of my favorite castings ever), I think its wheels will be used for a future custom of a new model made into a redline.

Last edited:
Back