1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
So here's Version 1.0 of the picture frame tutorial. Each page is a different "Step" with a few instructions. The blank spot on each page at the bottom will house photos to go with those instructions once I am finished.

Let me know if it reads ok, and let me know if you would change anything to make it sound better.

Attachments

• Display Frame How-To.pdf
    89.5 KB · Views: 21
So here's Version 1.0 of the picture frame tutorial. Each page is a different "Step" with a few instructions. The blank spot on each page at the bottom will house photos to go with those instructions once I am finished.

Let me know if it reads ok, and let me know if you would change anything to make it sound better.

Is the RIBBA Frame $20 or $10 and you bought two of them? It says online they're $10...

Never mind. I can't visualize the number 1 apparently.

Last edited:
Where I put most of my 1/64s:

8276925771_cb1f9c1379_n.jpg

Finally getting around to counting my collection.

42 carded
399 loose, which includes Hot Wheels, Matchbox and other various brands.

This doesn't include any of the NASCAR diecast that I have at the 1:64 scale.

Do I need to find you and smack some sense into you? :mad:

Read what you just typed! That's sacrilegious!

*mumbles* ...chopping up a Red Baron... *mumbles* ...spare parts... *mumbles* :grumpy:

Don't listen to him, kill it!

Off of Lamley's facebook page. Quite atrocious...

Word.

I'll check out the PDF as soon as I finish work. Thanks 1600.

Oh, I get it. :crazy:

I think I forgot to report that I did see those cars, also the Flying Customs at Walmart. They had a pretty good selection.

I passed. I passed on all of them. I might buy that Civic though. I don't know.

Dunne Daddy, got dammit.
Yep indeed!;) Curious but what do you know about this particular one i have?
Damn, some nice scores, SonyGamma972! I've been aware of those action packs. There are couple of them I've been somewhat after, but some other priority seems to always comes up, and I haven't had the chance to order them yet.
Not sure where the 972 is coming from but oh well.:lol: Me and my brother have known about them for a while as well, we have organized the ones we want evenly and plan to get a bunch more later.;) Man i love these things!:eek::drool:
What? What?!!! I heard you screaming all the way from up here at the North Pole for chrissakes! MG, I need those! :crazy:
Yea i thought you would like that.;):lol:
Just so you guys know, the 3-spoke, 5-hole and 7-spoke wheels will no longer be used on newer cars. They have officially been discontinued by Mattel.
Not surprised, haven't seen many castings with those wheels anymore.:indiff:
Wait, What?! A action pack? :eek:
Yep! Your eyes do not decieve you!;) That is the 1998 Snow Plowers Action Pack.:sly: I was just waiting for your reaction. :lol: I got even better ones coming soon...:sly:
And man that 380SEL brings back memories when I was a kid. I had at least two of them, same color but different wheel variations.
Yea i knew would like that one.;) Them Benz's from the 90's are all so classy!:eek:

No comments to the Dune Daddy?!?!:indiff:
I knew for a long time that 25th and 30th anniversary models were not worth much at all so I finally opened mine.

You can see how the paint on the Deora is coming off, so I think I'll use this for a modern take on an old redline and give it a respray and detail.
And as for the Red Baron (one of my favorite castings ever), I think its wheels will be used for a future custom of a new model made into a redline.
Nice finds!👍 I have that Red Baron!;) Got it with a Toy Story strip set back when it came it out.;) Just got through restoring it recently.:dopey:

Curious but what do you know about this particular one i have?

Dune Daddy!
2012-12-14-130811_zps0b3c78a6.jpg

Yep!:dopey: Your eyes do not decieve you!;) That is a near mint 1975 Red Line Dune Daddy with flowers on the hood!:drool: Got it as a christmas gift at my college!:dopey: I had wanted this one for a while.:) Just had to put it in red ink.:sly:

It's like a 1975-76 release, Flying Colors era, so it isn't as valuable as you might think, being one of the most common redlines of that time. I'd give you 5 to 7 bucks for it considering it's condition and desirability. If it was a Spectra-era car, or a rare solid-enamel car, it would be something else. Iff I remember correctly, it was also called Sand Crab at some point.

This is the P4 from the ferrari five pack. Second favorite.
2012-12-16125923.jpg

This one is the FXX, this is my favorite.
2012-12-16125852.jpg

I really like this one, 3rd favorite. It is the 512M.
2012-12-16125748.jpg

This one is the 308 GTS.
2012-12-16125723.jpg

This one is separate. Dodge Coronet Super Bee.
2012-12-16125810.jpg

This is the last of the 5-pack. We all know the F430 Challenge!
2012-12-16130906.jpg

Well, what do you guys think? Did I get a good buy for eight dollars? :dopey:

I can be honest, or brutally honest about this......

:P

$8 for six standard cars are too much, but I think some of the very members in here bought the Ferrari pack, probably because of the cars that are not available from the standard release.

I'm not a multi-pack guy, but I do think the cars are nice. 👍
I think he's telling you to look at the wheels on the ones at your Walmart dummy. :P
Don't you call him a dummy!

I just thought of something. Next time I see those Civics, I should see which wheels they come with!

a6m5
I can be honest, or brutally honest about this......

:P

$8 for six standard cars are too much, but I think some of the very members in here bought the Ferrari pack, probably because of the cars that are not available from the standard release.

I'm not a multi-pack guy, but I do think the cars are nice. 👍
Thanks, yeah they aren't exactly the cheapest at Albertsons, but they were worth it.

The one on the bottom. MC5 wheels.

Edit: Keeping an eye on THIS. Wonder if I can snipe in and steal it for a good price...

And don't you brats sneak in and take it. :P

Edit: Keeping an eye on THIS. Wonder if I can snipe in and steal it for a good price...

And don't you brats sneak in and take it. :P
Steal it? It's twenty five bucks. :odd: Just how much is that thing supposed to be worth?

P.S. If you don't want unwanted attention, keep it on a down low!

I'm OK with somebody buying this. $20! If nobody buy it, I get the feeling I'll get around to it, eventually.......

Back