1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,498 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Someone please tell me how the Chevrolator is a Track Star.
I bet that thing will go around a loop as good as a Tail Dragger.

You bastard, I forgot you have them all.
It's a shame though that they all have size two'rs on the back.
Hot Wheels really ought to make 1 and 3/8 rear wheels. :yuck:

Size 2s in the back make them look FAST. But again, only works for certain cars. It doesn't work good on the Porsche for example, but is barely noticeable on the GT40 comparatively.

Display #2 finished. PDF Instructions attached below.

DSCN52711_zps837ab88d.jpg

DSCN52741_zps8c422c3b.jpg

Attachments

• Display Frame How-To.pdf
    433.3 KB · Views: 14
R1600, can I have pics or something of the Shadowbox frame? I'm thinking I won't be able to find one of those over here, but I'd like to see if I can find something equivalent without having to resort to custom-made stuff. I'd love some of these to display only the customs. It would be cool to put a "before" shot of the restored car right behind it.

I can get some tomorrow. Did you see the link I posted earlier of the product page from IKEA? There's more info there, all dimensions, etc.

Edit: Oh, stopped at my local Dollar Tree today, they didn't have any Hot Ones. I know you wanted some Cano.

Also, I will be putting in a white background on mine, just need to get some poster board.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I too stopped at Dollar Tree on Friday for the same reason, and they didn't have any Hot Ones either.
But I was surprised to see some A and B case 2013 mainlines.

photonrider
Does it come out Black on your screen? Adjust your colour, man! What colour does my text look like? Ebony? :lol: Actually the best way I can describe the colour is that it looks (under natural light) like a Prussian Blue, or Deep Sapphire. Of course, it looks different under Halogen, Tungsten or Flourescent. Not sure what the official 'marketing' name of the colour is. Babblingbrook Blue?

Couldn't agree with this more. That's one of the most valuable things to me about these two games.
Never mind the lovely 'screen saver' effects! 👍

I also mentioned previously that I acquired a red Eclipse - and this is one HW that does come with wing mirrors. :)

More Blue Lotus:

What? I thought Kevin's Esprit is black, or is it me? Dunno... :dunce::boggled::lol:

And I'm with ya there on GT and FM. 👍

And your Lotus is a cross between the Nataulis Blue and a deep Sapphire Blue metallic also ;). I'll get that 5 pack soon, I have seen several of them in some stores.... Now where's my British Racing Green and Orange?

a6m5
Nice Z4, Harry. 👍 ....sexy mirrors.

Ben, Falcon's looks are on cheap side, but it still has this cool(and probably exclusive) paint job:

http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh580/a6m5/?action=view&current=IMG_0888.jpghttp://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh580/a6m5/?action=view&current=IMG_0886.jpghttp://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh580/a6m5/?action=view&current=IMG_0885.jpg

Phil, I sold my X360 years ago. :lol:

That Falcon is making me envious here!!! Such a perfect green, I'll even put it on a real XB Falcon! I wonder if they sell those still, especially stores that always have older cars on the pegs.

He's a PS3 person guys!!! :P:lol:

Follow the ways of the Skyline GTR..... ;)

RCKakashi14
Where I put most of my 1/64s:

O_o :eek:

That's all I have to say.....

MedigoFlame
Off of Lamley's facebook page. Quite interesting...

Hmmm..... I'll keep my eyes out, three please cause I smell a custom with neon lights under the car. 💡

Sonygamer455
Yep! Your eyes do not decieve you!;) That is the 1998 Snow Plowers Action Pack.:sly: I was just waiting for your reaction. :lol: I got even better ones coming soon...:sly:

Yea i knew would like that one.;) Them Benz's from the 90's are all so classy!:eek:

No comments to the Dune Daddy?!?!:indiff:

Yep, I'm totally shocked when I saw that action set! I haven't seen anything like it in ALL of the stores in Vegas back in the 90's, seriously! :eek:

Even though it's a set to be used, wonder how much those could be on eBay as we speak.

Probably around $70-200 dollars....

Oh yeah, nice Dune Daddy btw. I was taken away from it because of the Lexus and the Benz.. That always happen with the 80's and 90's cars.

R1600Turbo
The one on the bottom. MC5 wheels.

Edit: Keeping an eye on THIS. Wonder if I can snipe in and steal it for a good price...

And don't you brats sneak in and take it. :P

A brat?! ME WANT R32 NAO!!!!!! :P

Spacegoat
Z4 and Esprit are nice. 👍

Don't play Forza either, I only own a PS3. Actually it's my second one after my first decided to stop working, a couple of years back. :ouch:

:lol:

Yep, my laser on my fatty went bye-bye after 5 years running. It's fixed now and a slim PS3 is in the lineup.

He's another PS3 guy, he's in the green or should I say, blue. :P:lol:

MedigoFlame
Stopped by the same vendor at the flea market today. And bought these for $3 each. :D

Edit: Took some rather bad pictures of the inside of the shipping container... Flash isn't working on the camera. And yes, one of them has a picture of me in it, probably the best you'll see of me. :P Scale models included.

You still need help in that flea market? ;) That place is a freaking goldmine full of cars!!! But I live across the country, in the West Coast, so nope :(.

You and Zach..... I'm jelly once again! :mad:

BTW, nice Lan Evo VII GSR in Dandelion Yellow Solid. 👍

AOS-
30" x 20" x 1/8" for $1.25.

40" x 32" = 1280sq in. @ $5.99.

30" x 20" = 600sq in. @ $1.25.

1280/600 = 2.13...

$1.25 x 2.13... = $2.66...

$5.99 - $2.66 = $3.33

-> I pay $3.33 less for the same amount of foamboard you pay for. *fixes glasses* :P

Jason, you got owned also :lol:! Andy got me way back when I was doing some number work on the total price on some cars I was asking him about with $10-20 USD for buying and shipping..

I was close I tell ya, close! ;):P

GTPorsche
Only good on a track that's flat. :lol:

Yep, no Ring, Spa or Suzuka for that whatever-or-something car.... Not even the twisty roads in the Alps. :lol:

AOS-
Since Hot Wheels Wikia didn't have the Road Racers on their Racing Series page. I added them in myself :) http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Wheels_Racing_2012

Already owning once again.... :eek::lol:

R1600Turbo
Display #2 finished. PDF Instructions attached below.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks. 👍

Went out and the stores around where I live have a few good cars, but they were the same ones I had and the rest I'll get later. No good 10 packs in Walgreens either :grumpy:.

But at least I'm going to the bigger side, got a 1:24 Maisto GTS Viper '13 in Viper Red :D. I've already typed it up in the other thread.

I can get some tomorrow. Did you see the link I posted earlier of the product page from IKEA? There's more info there, all dimensions, etc.

Edit: Oh, stopped at my local Dollar Tree today, they didn't have any Hot Ones. I know you wanted some Cano.

Did not see the link and can't find it (went up to page 649 looking for it), so please post the stuff.

Also, crash </ /3 at the Hot Ones. Ah, well.

EDIT: Dear God, i know they are rare, but all those skylines are really, REALLY ugly. Sorry.

EDIT: Dear God, i know they are rare, but all those skylines are really, REALLY ugly. Sorry.
No offense taken. I'm only really partial with the Sweet Rods one. Everything's just perfect on that (yes, even the Torq-Thrusts on it). :lol: Only gripe with it is the chrome interior.

Good job on the shadowbox, Jackson. 👍

I was thinking of making a really stylized one which would kill the existence of rows and columns, and consume more space, but I don't think it's really worth it.

Did not see the link and can't find it (went up to page 649 looking for it), so please post the stuff.

Also, crash </ /3 at the Hot Ones. Ah, well.

It's within the last couple pages, in response to Snaeper.

From the land of crazy... eBay

Backpack edition Targa porsche

If you click on the sellers other items, he has the Sierra, Ferrari and BMW from the same 5 pack and they are going for a few bucks, but $30 for this one?? Each car was only released in this particular set so the same number of each are out there. Gotta love eBay where the true value of items it found.

backpack.jpg

STD values each car at just $3-4 loose...

I think STD needs more $$ to keep the database current. I realize they cannot be fluid, but to just be a year off in valuation would be acceptable.

Last edited:
Nope. I'm still waiting on Theace. Surely by now he's recovered from Sandy. I have cars waiting to be shipped out but my patience is getting low.

Diabolic Jammers
Case #12

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Another Jammer case filled! These are some of the cars I gathered in the last few months. I posted most of them individually previously, but as they've reached the Jammer stage, I thought it alright to post again. I may end up moving one of the treasure hunts, but presently, I'm liking them together.

Mmmmm, seeing quite a bit of my childhood cars there.
Pontiac Salsa, candy cars, Sharkcruiser, the speckled one, and the one with the colored wheels just to name a few. :D

Back