1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
still winning lickety

EDIT: 🤬 snipers jumped it $80 in 3 seconds!

Reminds me of an eBay sale I made several years ago. I had some Dukes of Hazzard 1:144 scale cars by Racing Champions still in their packages. Put them on eBay for some low amount, it was at like $25 with a few minutes to go and by the time the auction was over it had been sniped up to $92. :lol:

Employee Vector

Hey Cano, remember way back when, perhaps one of my first ever posts in this thread, I showed a case with ultra hots in it and you pointed out this car a Vector I had that was rare. I look it up from time to time...here's the first one I've seen at auction

Employee Vector

Hey Cano, remember way back when, perhaps one of my first ever posts in this thread, I showed a case with ultra hots in it and you pointed out this car a Vector I had that was rare. I look it up from time to time...here's the first one I've seen at auction

I saw one the other day but it was 400 bucks lol.

So, dude, want a white Lickety or not?

I owned a Toyota Corona myself once - awesome car - it was an absolute workhorse - 21r motor, tan top, bamboo green, gold lace wheels -

For some reason I read this as, tan top, bamboo wheels. :lol: :boggled:
Anyone heard of these new Flying Customs? It seems like they're similar to (or replacing) The Hot Ones.

Thanks for posting that, I'll keep an eye out for them. 👍

Last edited:
I think I might sell off a lot of my mainlines after I retake pictures of each car. I have very little container space to store anymore cars now. I was thinking of doing a Shadow Box display, but in a form of stacking trays rather than wall displays. This way I can still present them without having to hang anything on walls.

No dibbing. I might sell it in packs or I might just auction the entire thing off.

Make up your mind man! :P

Edit: Oh, and my HWC Super Nova (the Nova Gasser) that I ordered a long time ago is finally shipping tomorrow. 👍

Post a picture

I have much too trade. :D

I just saw this.

I have to look for it to snap a picture, but I'll describe it to you. It's missing one front axle and the rear axle is REALLY bent. It's paint is almost mint, chrome is mint, and of course, has the made in Mexico seal. I'd need to take it appart to install a new axle and get the rear one straightened. It'd display awesomely once done.

Interested?

I still need a picture. If I'm interested, it could be sent along with the ONE car I did when from dreamer_rom. Perhaps you have other 80s stuff available that could be sent along as well??

I have tomica with your name on it. :D

If you pm'd me pictures...

Last edited:
This Flying Customs series sounds interesting, but how much do they go for?(sorry if I missed it) I hope I see them in stores soon...
I owned a Toyota Corona myself once - awesome car - it was an absolute workhorse - 21r motor, tan top, bamboo green, gold lace wheels - the engine was so damn smooth it was unbelievable. Later on my wifey got a Tercel - manual - tight as a drum, reliable as a rock, OMG - we just thrashed that car to bits but it wouldn't die short of taking a shotgun to it.

Anything more to say?
Toyotas are damn fine cars.
I've never owned one, but all the ones I've driven were so rock solid, I feel like they really know how to put them together. 👍
Question for a6m5: Do you have this green car - a.k.a. Spin King - and if you do..koff, ahem, errr . . . any thing moves, slides, pops-up, so on, in it?
I think it's a blue one, but I can check later.
The blue and yellow Manga look kinda alright. I wish they used another wheel variation instead, but I'll get one for my bozo collection.
I guess I'll reserve judgement until I have one in my hand. :D
I really like Hot Wheels and I have a few sealed ones...
Is this anything like collecting LEGO? And what's the most important single thing I should know about this whole thread thing?

Didn't know people collected LEGOs, but don't start on Hot Wheels. Run while you still can.

There were quite a lot of the Chevy's, so I suppose it's stocking up what they had in the back for a while or something? Still wish I didn't miss out on the boulevard Delorean and Grand National. :grumpy:
I still see both of those cars occasionally.

This Flying Customs series sounds interesting, but how much do they go for?(sorry if I missed it) I hope I see them in stores soon...

Walmart had them for a rather preposterous $2.88. But I've grown fond the Hot Ones and Flying Customs styles... so I purchase them.

Speaking of, Target had the Hot Ones ten packs on sale for $17. In the time that I stood there examining cars, two of the five were put in carts and swept away.

Walmart had them for a rather preposterous $2.88. But I've grown fond the Hot Ones and Flying Customs styles... so I purchase them.

Speaking of, Target had the Hot Ones ten packs on sale for $17. In the time that I stood there examining cars, two of the five were put in carts and swept away.
Meh. There are few Hot Ones I like, but I'll never buy those multi-packs, or even if they were at Dollar Tree, I'd only handpick the very few I'd actually want. Most of them are just overpriced, I just don't dig them.

Flying Customs might be the same for me, but I'll check them out. Thanks for the info. 👍

Paint, tampos and wheels are different. It's different enough to warrant its own series.

I'm surprised you weren't certain with that info. You really don't know much about the Hot Ones?

The hot ones are more expensive because of the metal base for one. I think the tampos might be different than the mainline too.
Yeah, that came out wrong. I do prefer metal base, but I'm just not into that old school-throwback hot wheels as the next guy(Cano lol), especially for the added cost. Don't get me wrong. Even then, some are really genuinely awesome. 👍

If they actually had those VW Vanagon, Rabbit, Toyota Hilux, Supra, Brat available to us, I'd actually buy them. It's pretty sad that there are that many cars I would love to pay the money & own, but I've only seen them on internet, like they are some kind of limited edition. :crazy:
Paint, tampos and wheels are different. It's different enough to warrant its own series.

I'm surprised you weren't certain with that info. You really don't know much about the Hot Ones?
No, I knew that they were built the old way(more expensive way). I also agree that it should be it's own sub-series. I should have just said that I'm not crazy about them at their price point.

Now, Flying Customs, I know nothing about them.

I kinda expected you did considering how you know quite a bit about the other series as well. But then I remembered you don't collect US cars.

Anyway, I'm treating the Flying customs like the Hot Ones... made to look like the old casts- repackaged. I honestly am not big on the Hot Ones but you guys flip out crazy about them so I ended up doing it too.

As for saving Dooblewasaurus, a very good way to keep yourself in the hobby without spending a fortune is to strictly limit what you won't collect. If you get too carried away by everything you see, you'll end up grabbing way too many cars and recolours, and regret it later. If you want to save your money, then you should really tighten up your restrictions; be picky about the castings you see. If you don't like a certain colour on a certain car, don't buy it. Hate that livery print it has? Don't buy it. Don't like the car whatsoever? Don't buy it. Too much than you're willing to spend? Don't buy it.

This year, call it a new year's resolution, I'm going to be even more strict on what I'm buying. I've been buying recolours of a lot of castings all year, only to end up with a pile of cars with shabby colours and liveries. Once I take photos of all my cars, I'm going to write up a blacklist of cars I have a bunch of colours of, but going to cut off the "2013-and-later" list. I've already cut off the Retro-Active recently, and will continue to cut more cars off. It's going to be super difficult to cut off next casts considering how spotting and buying new castings has become intuitive to me. I might just create a count of how many cars I pick up and put down starting January.

As far as purchasing Hot Wheels goes and limiting yourself, I have found that a process of elimination works absolutely the best for me.
I go through every car on the pegs and usually pick out a dozen I like. Then I go through the ones I picked out, and separate the ones I need. By then, I have about half as many cars as I started with. Then finally, I end up thinking about it again as I'm walking to the checkouts and walk back and put a couple more back. More times than not, I leave with only two or three mainlines.
I'm quite happy that I am able to do that with Hot Wheels.

Or just know what's coming out so you know exactly what you need when it hits the pegs and when you find them you just grab and go. For me lately that's been about 2-3 cars from each new case code.

$20 on the Veyron, 3 minutes left.

Edit: SOLD for $20.50

Pretty good outcome on a 45 cent car!

EDIT:

freaking want:
New10001.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back