1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
And if anyone's got an Hachi-Roku... I'm looking for one.

Hit your local Target stores. Chances are you'll find one.

Edit: Heads up to everyone, Dollar Tree stores are getting Hot Ones assortments in. In case anyone is interested in Hot Ones for $1. ;)

Last edited:
Edit: Heads up to everyone, Dollar Tree stores are getting Hot Ones assortments in. In case anyone is interested in Hot Ones for $1. ;)

1) quoting so people see it.
2) Sorry for double post but, NEW CARS.

2013 Treasure Hunt #6 is...
New0001.jpg

More 2013 Recolors + $uper Buick (gotta have STi!)
New0002.jpg

More recolors + New Nova wagon + New dirt track racer?
New0006.jpg

New0005.jpg

...and this Custom Cadillac Fleetwood (new model)
New0003.jpg

And I must say, Damn you Mattel. I don't want to collect muscle cars, and then you hit me with this Cuda sporting a must-have Falken livery. :grumpy:
New0004.jpg

I'll take the Cuda and the Cadillac, thank you!
That Treasure hunt wouldn't look too bad with a new set of wheels too.

Interesting mix. Looks like they are getting closer on the Subie. :lol:
Showoff time.
I can't believe they are Hot Wheel brand! Too bad we can't admire the paint job in person, but the detail on those cars are fantastic. Near perfection for, considering, very low price. 👍
Veyron up to $10.50.
How much time left?
Picked up these three today.

DSC00332.jpg

2011 Ken Block Ford Fiesta
Nissan 370Z
Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R (This is one of my favorites overall.)
You must also have the Back to the Future DeLorean. Very, very cool cars, all three of them........ wait for it........ from last year! :P All three were very popular in this community, but it's been sometime since we got excited about them. We also agree on the "Kenmeri" Skyline. Awesome car. 👍
And if anyone's got an Hachi-Roku... I'm looking for one.
At this rate, you might see them next year. Good news is, new Hachi Roku(main line), or the 80's decade series, neither are at all rare. Try the Walmart stores in your area. 👍
What's that?, more you say? Then, I've found exactly what the Doctor...NessyMagic Johnson...ordered. :P Click

You are welcome. No charge. :P

Hit your local Target stores. Chances are you'll find one.

I want! Can you? (:

And I must say, Damn you Mattel. I don't want to collect muscle cars, and then you hit me with this Cuda sporting a must-have Falken livery. :grumpy:
New0004.jpg

Oh dear God the Cadoo. Oh my. Oh.

Yeah the Cuda. But THE CADOO.

Casting of the year fighting with the 55 Chevy? We'll have to see once it's out.

It rains in Arizona? :eek: :lol:

I so want this car, but I just can't bring myself to commit another $20(yes, I've spent that much, lately):

TOMICA LIMITED TL 0008 TOYOTA SOARER 2800GT

I think at least one member here might appreciate it(Medigo lol). I doubt they sold it outside Japan, but this was an AWESOME car. I think it was the grown-up, cruiser counterpart to Supra(same platform). One of my all-time favorite Toyota.

800px-1988-1991_Toyota_Soarer.jpg

800px-1988-1991_Toyota_Soarer_rear.jpg

JDM JDM

Bonus:

Soarer generation following that was this. You recognize that one. :D

I just did.

I actually forgot which was was the TH. My bad. But if you do come across an extra Mini or Impreza, can you please grab those for me? I reckon I'll see them at my stores eventually, but there's no telling how long I have to wait or whether or not it'll get all bought out. Remember how I told you guys how I never saw a single Hakosuka all year? I was only lucky to find them in a bin Fall 2012.

I'll try. I only go out searching on weekends mainly unless it's a store that is on my immediate route to/from work. Like tonight I stopped at the 99 Cent store and they finally put out their Hotwheels dump bin. Found 3 TH Willy's, but no $upers. :grumpy:

I left the TH's and walked out with nothing. :(

Edit: Veyron is up to $13.75 with 23 hours left.

I think at least one member here might appreciate it(Medigo lol). I doubt they sold it outside Japan, but this was an AWESOME car. I think it was the grown-up, cruiser counterpart to Supra(same platform).

...............and other off-topic conversation, including;

Bonus:

I owned a Toyota Corona myself once - awesome car - it was an absolute workhorse - 21r motor, tan top, bamboo green, gold lace wheels - the engine was so damn smooth it was unbelievable. Later on my wifey got a Tercel - manual - tight as a drum, reliable as a rock, OMG - we just thrashed that car to bits but it wouldn't die short of taking a shotgun to it.

Anything more to say?
Toyotas are damn fine cars.

Now - talking about diecast cars . . . not that I'm a collector and all like some of you . . koff, DVAs, but something new drove into my miniature garage today . . . see? Can you spot it? Obviously it's something you've never seen before, else I wouldn't be talking about it.

IMG_0846.jpg

Anyone heard of these new Flying Customs? It seems like they're similar to (or replacing) The Hot Ones.

QtcoJ.jpg

EDIT: From the looks of things the list of cars is going to be pretty impressive. Nissan 2000GT-R, Porsche 914-6, Tyrrell P34, Porsche 935/78, Lincoln Futura Concept, Turbo Mustang (possibly another SVO?), Datsun 510 Bluebird (this one's for you Jason) among many others.

I left the TH's and walked out with nothing. :(

And you didn't think to ask me if I wanted one? 👎:grumpy:

Last edited:
Hm. Interesting Vega variation.

Question for a6m5: Do you have this green car - a.k.a. Spin King - and if you do..koff, ahem, errr . . . any thing moves, slides, pops-up, so on, in it?

IMG_0860.jpg

a6m5
I don't like it, but yeah, I am getting one. And that link earlier on 2013 Hot Wheels, it showed it as a single pack.

It wasn't even the real Transformers. It was a series called Rescue Bots for toddlers.

The blue and yellow Manga look kinda alright. I wish they used another wheel variation instead, but I'll get one for my bozo collection.

Oh, I though it was the REAL Transformers.... Oops. :dunce::lol:

R1600Turbo
Supposed to rain this friday, so chances are there will be no meet.

Aww man! It should be raining here in Vegas this weekend for me so no walking to the stores to see what they have. :(

MedigoFlame
Just a random note...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/12/hot-wheels-advertises-microcars-with-life-size-monuments/

Some interesting interactive advertising, where you can park up your own car in the package. But there's one thing I'm sure will annoy the collectors... Everyone's parking their cars the wrong way in the package!

Nice..... But there are HW 1:1 Special Editions and they are....... Errors..... Errors=$$$$$$ am I right. ;)

R1600Turbo
1) quoting so people see it.
2) Sorry for double post but, NEW CARS.

2013 Treasure Hunt #6 is...

More 2013 Recolors + $uper Buick (gotta have STi!)

More recolors + New Nova wagon + New dirt track racer?

...and this Custom Cadillac Fleetwood (new model)

That Falken Cuda..... FOUR Please!!!! And I'll take the Scooby STi, Nova Wagon and that WRC Mini!!! :eek:👍

a6m5
It rains in Arizona? :eek: :lol:

I so want this car, but I just can't bring myself to commit another $20(yes, I've spent that much, lately):

TOMICA LIMITED TL 0008 TOYOTA SOARER 2800GT

I think at least one member here might appreciate it(Medigo lol). I doubt they sold it outside Japan, but this was an AWESOME car. I think it was the grown-up, cruiser counterpart to Supra(same platform). One of my all-time favorite Toyota.

JDM JDM

Bonus:

I WANT...... NAO!!! :D

@Cano: GIMMIE THOSE MOPARS!!!!! Those are some impressive premium Hot Wheel pieces I have seen in a long time.... I'm jelly.

I'll take whatever THs you find if you don't mind.

They're old enough I figured nobody wanted them. In fact, I'm pretty certain I wasn't the first one to go through it (hence no $TH) and they left them behind like I did.

And you didn't think to ask me if I wanted one? 👎:grumpy:

See above. I can swing by this morning and see if they are still there...

Back