1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
OK, I've bought three AMAZING cars(at least IMO). One of the three showed up today.

First, two really good cars(but not AMAZING!):

11.jpg

Speed Machines Lotus Sport Elise + "Greenlight Auction Block Series 1970 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T"(same one Jason has).

Now, to the main showcase:

111.jpg

1-1.jpg

GMP Corvette C5R 1/64 *clear securing strap still attached.

I was googling something when I stumbled onto this thing. I go on eBay(big surprise), $20 w/free shipping. I was like "are you 🤬 me!? SOLD!!!". Don't get me wrong, I love some of the Super Treasure Hunts I own? But this thing flipping pwns. I don't even like Corvettes. :lol:

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:
I'm sorry man. I did say no offense. :lol:
I'm gonna guess $18, final.
Am I the only one that thinks that it looks spray painted? :odd:
Agreed. It's either repainted, or they did have crappy original paint job as Cano implied. :lol:

Last edited:
Just...WOW on the Corvette!! :eek:

As for the Dub City packs, how much do they go for...? I really want an R33 diecast model. But of course, the R32, R34 and Datsun 510 do it well for me. :D

As for the Dub City packs, how much do they go for...? I really want an R33 diecast model. But of course, the R32, R34 and Datsun 510 do it well for me. :D
If I wasn't buying all these cars, I would've been interested in that Datsun/Nissan set.

GMP builds some fine models. I've seen their larger diecasts, but this hot wheel sized car blew me away. I wish they'd get into this size models full-time. 👍

P.S. Two more incoming cars are Tomicas. Stay tuned. :D

GMP Corvette C5R 1/64

That is indeed amazing. I'll look into that :0

Agreed. It's either repainted, or they did have crappy original paint job as Cano implied. :lol:

They are that crappy. Here is mine, in the same orange paint as the Maverick, as you can see, it looks like crap:

IMG_4029.jpg

Coincidentially, the auctions for Rodrigo's Mongooses just finished. I wanted to see how much my cars could really fecth. Here are the results:

Green (common, more than 5 cars known) Mongoose: $310

Metalic Blue (the most common color for the car) Mongoose, just like mine: $200.

However, mine still has the original stickers:

IMG_4033.jpg

So that should up the value quite a bit. Maybe even another hundred bucks (saw it a few minutes ago with a pair of Porsche 917s, one with stickers, the other without). Talk about tempting. Specially the orange car, which is like the second or third known. I'm sure it'd fetch in the realm of 400-500 bucks, like this cousin right here. I wouldn't say 500 because the Snake had stickers, but still, 400 for it would be possible.

Ugh.

That is indeed amazing. I'll look into that :0
#'d to 2,508. If you see it for a good price, don't hesitate!
Talk about tempting.
I recently sold some basketball cards I used to collect. We are talking about 90's basketball cards, which you'd think be worthless. By my experience through that, I've found that some of the truly coveted items, it is unaffected by economy, they will stay STRONG in holding, or gaining value. It was a amusing experience, and rather enjoyable finally cashing in on a hobby I lost interest in long ago. :D

The stars of the show are now on. The Superfine Turbines, considered one of the holy grails of Cipsas, and of redline collecting in general.

Chocolate enamel SFT: Almost 1,700 bucks.

The mustard Yellow SFT went for a good $612 bucks.

And finally, the unique, only-one-in-that-color-known enamel green SFT sold for a mind-bending $4,670, almost as much as the stil--carded mustard yellow SFT, the only known carded Cipsa, which went for 5k.

This last one was a surprise even for me. I never thought it would get so close to the carded car. Amazing.

What kind of profit would you say your friend's making on this sale? I'm guessing he's getting at least double in return?

Yeah, maybe. I mean, I know he has picked up some of these for a buck or two, just like I found mine, but for example, the red Cord I posted in my previous post cost him around 2,500 bucks, so he came up pretty even on that one. I saw him pay upwards of a thousand bucks several times, so don't really think he's wrapping himself in money. Well ok he is, but he did put a lot of money in these. I'm really sad to see them disband like this after these much years. We all learned a hell of a lot from these cars and this collection, and now poof, gone.

With my basketball cards, it was very easy to auction off all these cards once I so passionately collected. Sometimes, it just gets old, or you just gradually lose interest. And of course, greedy 🤬 like me, after collection gets to certain level, you start thinking about how much they might be worth if liquidated. :P

Just won a mixed lot from fxtoys
----
Bidding on 31 items
----
winning 18 of them
---
to the tune of $285+
---
---
---
(ring ring ring....ring ring ring)

"Yes, is this Dr. Nessy? I'm Diabolic and I may...cough cough... probably do have a problem."

What I bought for today:

KYOSHO 1:64 FERRARI F50 GT

8265431507_6bd6a4d028_c.jpg

8265431339_7238da6332_c.jpg

8266499670_e66fbc0684_c.jpg

8266499486_1298eb4332_c.jpg

Apparently, I posted this in the Customizing Thread. My apologies....

Last edited:
I'm sorry man. I did say no offense. :lol:

It's all good, I was only teasing. :P

And holy 🤬 the detail on the Corvette is incredible for a 1.64.:drool: Don't know how much they normally retail for, but $20 w/free shipping is a great deal if you ask me.
a6m5
P.S. Two more incoming cars are Tomicas. Stay tuned

👍

I went to Target last night. And D-cases are iiiinnnnn! :D

I got a 918, Chevrolet SS, black Camaro to complete the pair, and an NSX.
I also finally got a black Z4 race car and a Canyon Carver at Walmart.

I also spotted a matte black Aventador in a nine-pack.
Here's a good listing of the D-case if any of you don't already know.

Woah, real Gulf scheme on that Fish whatever. Too bad it's on a fantasy car.

I don't want to bid till the end, but I'm eying the bw warpath, that UH XJS, white w/ red tampo J2000, datsun 200sx, long shot and MAYBE the le car. I sell quite a bit this time of year, so I'm hoping to put the extra $ towards these. I'm certainly getting something as another won't ever come around. Already bidding on a new vintage case to display them.

...probably getting ahead of myself

But what are hopes for?

Do you mind some competition on that UH XJS?

At 1ness
TBH, i don't actually wrap up every diecast.. just the one's that i want to take good care of. When i was really young, i was the complete opposite... used to just shove them into a huge pile in the corner of my room, looked like a scene from Katamari damacy... bits of lego, felt-tip pens, all kinds of 🤬 all mixed together in a pile of diecast. :lol:

PS. Give up the rapping, you're no Moka Only/Ron Contour. :lol:

Yep, same with me when I was a kid. I always put the cars inside my boxes with my Lego and blocks and it looks like the end of the world with everything out of place and piled upon each other.

But now, I would layer my cars in my shoeboxes with plastic sandwich/freezer bags on top of the cars so the wheels don't rub on the top of cars' roofs at the bottom. Works really well IMO.

a6m5
Never seen that Bousozoku car(whatever the official name was), and what is that prisoner transport bus? Never seen that casting, ever. Niiiice photography, by the way. 👍

No, it's "meh", because it's a Treasure Hunt. If it was mainline........ they should have just filled the spot with another overproduced casting with different color. :lol: With cars like Torino, Cudas & Challengers, I am so reminded of the Skylines in the Gran Turismo games. :lol: Fiesta's nice. 👍

I don't hate the Transformers, just how hard this thing was to find. It took me couple of weeks to find it. I don't even want to guess how much it cost me in gas! I was originally going to order one from Amazon, they raised the price from $15 to $30. I passed, and spent more in gas, but I did get to say "🤬 them" in the end. :D

Yep that blue and yellow Mad Manga is seen in several multipacks from 3 up to the 10 packs. I think it will come out in the newer cases as a individual car.

But you need all of the color variations to be a true collector :P.

Oh ok, I know that feels. Since I put my cash to HWs and other things, I'm gonna go crazy with the Transformers, especially the Revenge of The Fallen and Darkside of The Moon series! eBay here I come. :ouch:

Snaeper
I... I didn't go out and buy a Hot Wheel today... and I'm still here! I'm still alive! I don't need to buy Hot Wheels to live any more!

But seriously, that's been my week, I've bought at least one Hot Wheel a day.

EDIT: Never mind. Keep reading, you'll find out.

I can't even count on my hands how many cars I passed when I take a pitstop from collecting. But you'll find them again easily though or go back to the stores the next day and boom, they're still there. I have stories of finding that same car when I was cooling off my wallet a day or two ago and then, that same car is there just waiting for me. True story.

R1600Turbo
I see the KITT all the time, think I've seen a few A-Teams. Never seen the Ecto that I know of, but there's always something new each week. :)

You do?! :eek: How many KITTs do they have? If you find any this Friday, let me know. :)

RCKakashi14
Barchetta? or Superamerica?

(Both are 1:64 scale Kyoshos)

I'm jelly! The Convertible and Tagra version of the 550!!! :eek:

McZachenF1138
I went to Target last night. And D-cases are iiiinnnnn! :D

I got a 918, Chevrolet SS, black Camaro to complete the pair, and an NSX.
I also finally got a black Z4 race car and a Canyon Carver at Walmart.

I also spotted a matte black Aventador in a nine-pack.
Here's a good listing of the D-case if any of you don't already know.

Well, time to get out of the pits and back on the track. That 918 IS MINE!!!!!!

MedigoFlame
Stopped by Walgreens and bought myself two more Kenmeri Skylines. Not sure why I did it, but...just bought it on impulse.

Speaking of Skylines...I still need to get the Jada Initial D Skyline GT-R R32 from my friend who doesn't want it. :ouch:

Get every Skyline out there!!!! I made a vow I need yo get every type of Skyline/GTR that I see and increase my Nissan collection.

Oh........ *calls Dr. Nessy.

MedigoFlame

I know right? That C5R is...... Amazing! And a impressive detail on the engine and the rest of the car, A6 just struck gold! :eek:👍

Dude, you need to make a vow on getting every Skyline out there..... Get that R33!

Cano
The stars of the show are now on. The Superfine Turbines, considered one of the holy grails of Cipsas, and of redline collecting in general.

Chocolate enamel SFT: Almost 1,700 bucks.

The mustard Yellow SFT went for a good $612 bucks.

And finally, the unique, only-one-in-that-color-known enamel green SFT sold for a mind-bending $4,670, almost as much as the stil--carded mustard yellow SFT, the only known carded Cipsa, which went for 5k.

This last one was a surprise even for me. I never thought it would get so close to the carded car. Amazing.

Look at those prices :eek:, these cars can be even more for your buddy if he kept them. Maybe in several years, busting into the 7-10k region? Sorry he has to get rid of them though. :(

RCKakashi14
What I bought for today:

KYOSHO 1:64 FERRARI F50 GT

Apparently, I posted this in the Customizing Thread. My apologies....

You.......YOU......

I'm speechless. O_o

Got some new 2013 cars yesterday at Walmart. Here's what I got:

Two Nissan Skyline GTR R34s

One BMW 2002Ti

One M3 E92

One S2K AEM (in another color. looks like a pearl effect raspberry.)

And the new 1st gen Toyota Celica TA!! :D

Man that Celica made my day same with the R34s and the SRT Viper! :D

Last edited:
And holy 🤬 the detail on the Corvette is incredible for a 1.64.:drool: Don't know how much they normally retail for, but $20 w/free shipping is a great deal if you ask me.
I've been wondering about the MSRP myself. Yes, that kind of quality for $20, I'd like to buy more from them!

All those Boulevards, and not a single F40 was on the peg. :grumpy:
I've seen them just once.

Yep that blue and yellow Mad Manga is seen in several multipacks from 3 up to the 10 packs. I think it will come out in the newer cases as a individual car.

But you need all of the color variations to be a true collector :P.
I don't like it, but yeah, I am getting one. And that link earlier on 2013 Hot Wheels, it showed it as a single pack.

Oh ok, I know that feels. Since I put my cash to HWs and other things, I'm gonna go crazy with the Transformers, especially the Revenge of The Fallen and Darkside of The Moon series! eBay here I come. :ouch:
It wasn't even the real Transformers. It was a series called Rescue Bots for toddlers.

Showoff time. These are Hot Wheels RLC Legend of past or something like that, a series of very detailed Muscle cars in 1:43 scale, available trough RLC only at first. I had been chasing the Spectraflame Green 71 GTX for years and it finally fell, and it included it's Cuda brother for good measure. Got them both for 15 bucks plus like 7 for shipping, a steal.

IMG_0730.jpg

First the 71 'Cuda in Spectraflame purple, the paint is a freaking mirror. The car is all stock, right down to the Wide-Oval bias ply tires on Mopar Rallies, and has cool stuff like the optional rear window slots, Go-Wing, Shaker hood and even passenger-door mirror.
IMG_0732.jpg

The undercarriage is very very detailed, with painted subframes and exhaust system.
IMG_0734.jpg

License plate included:
IMG_0737.jpg

And now the really cool one, the street-freak 71 GTX in Spectraflame Green, also a freaking mirror finish, with a cool 70s-style rake with big & little tires over Cragars. Check out those rear meats. Also, the taillights are separated clear red plastic pices.
IMG_0736.jpg

Plus, it... opens!
IMG_0742.jpg

Underhood features a well-detailed Wedge 440-Six Pack big block; the headlamps are also clear plastic.
IMG_0745.jpg

Now I have to chase the others. I really like the 70 Chevelle. Too bad the others are all stock, the GTX is the only hot-rodded car in the bunch.

Well, they are missing their acrilyc display and box, I bought them "loose" so to speak. New they are like 30-35 bucks, all the way to 50, depending on which car you want.

Picked up these three today.

DSC00332.jpg

2011 Ken Block Ford Fiesta
Nissan 370Z
Nissan Skyline H/T 2000GT-R (This is one of my favorites overall.)

And if anyone's got an Hachi-Roku... I'm looking for one.

Back