1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,496 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
too busy individually wrapping HW's. :dopey:

People at work say I'm a good wrapper... I drop them lines like I drop babies; with a strong impact and brutally heart-piercing words.

In all seriousness though, it's not that it's too much work, it's just a huge waste of materials IMO. What's the point of mummifying it for? You're not going to look at them again? If you are you're going to have to undo the wrap and then wrap it up again once you're ready to bury it once more.

Has anyone else seen the new working rigs Fire Striker (might be wrong name) but I'm going to have to find one. Im not huge fan of those 4 package of police, fire or space but they could add some better lineups.

People at work say I'm a good wrapper... I drop them lines like I drop babies; with a strong impact and brutally heart-piercing words.

In all seriousness though, it's not that it's too much work, it's just a huge waste of materials IMO. What's the point of mummifying it for? You're not going to look at them again? If you are you're going to have to undo the wrap and then wrap it up again once you're ready to bury it once more.

TBH, i don't actually wrap up every diecast.. just the one's that i want to take good care of. When i was really young, i was the complete opposite... used to just shove them into a huge pile in the corner of my room, looked like a scene from Katamari damacy... bits of lego, felt-tip pens, all kinds of 🤬 all mixed together in a pile of diecast. :lol:

PS. Give up the rapping, you're no Moka Only/Ron Contour. :lol:

If you're really gonna go for this one, GO for it. Like three figures, dude. That car is unique. It's the only one known in the world. I know it, I've had it in my hand. Speculation has been made that it could be a prototype. Even the one with the Long Shot tampo on the roof has been found like two or three more times, but the one with UHs is, literally, unique. The owner raves about it because it's one of a few of unique cars in his collection.

and I know at least 5 people that have been chasing it for YEARS. You're gonna have to spend quite a coin on it if you really want it.

There's the pic in the auction. I'm telling you, I've had this in my hand. It's the real deal, just like the entire collection the guy is selling.

Make no mistake, this guy is a friend of mine and internationally known. He has the biggest collection of Cipsa/Aurimat cars in the world, many of them unique, one-of-one pieces. Look at the prices for some of the stuff. The guy is the fattest fish in Mexico. His collection is absolutely mind bending. I've never seen so much money in cars in one place.

Very recent purchases.

Never seen that Bousozoku car(whatever the official name was), and what is that prisoner transport bus? Never seen that casting, ever. Niiiice photography, by the way. 👍
Surf Crate is extremely meh, if it wasn't a TH, I probably wouldn't have even given it a second look. :lol:
No, it's "meh", because it's a Treasure Hunt. If it was mainline........ they should have just filled the spot with another overproduced casting with different color. :lol: With cars like Torino, Cudas & Challengers, I am so reminded of the Skylines in the Gran Turismo games. :lol: Fiesta's nice. 👍
Am I the only one who's okay with Surfin' Crates?
Fo sho.
And why the hate to the Transformers? ;)
I don't hate the Transformers, just how hard this thing was to find. It took me couple of weeks to find it. I don't even want to guess how much it cost me in gas! I was originally going to order one from Amazon, they raised the price from $15 to $30. I passed, and spent more in gas, but I did get to say "🤬 them" in the end. :D

There's the pic in the auction. I'm telling you, I've had this in my hand. It's the real deal, just like the entire collection the guy is selling.

Make no mistake, this guy is a friend of mine and internationally known. He has the biggest collection of Cipsa/Aurimat cars in the world, many of them unique, one-of-one pieces. Look at the prices for some of the stuff. The guy is the fattest fish in Mexico. His collection is absolutely mind bending. I've never seen so much money in cars in one place.

Not that I'm calling you out on it, but you're making a lot of bold statements right now. Are you even able to back up any of these claims?

Never seen that Bousozoku car(whatever the official name was), and what is that prisoner transport bus? Never seen that casting, ever. Niiiice photography, by the way. 👍

2013 recolour of the Mad Manga. The other one is the City Bus by Jada... Badge City Heat series.

Here, have some more:

ChevroletCorvetteStingrayConceptmatteblack_zps0935daa7.jpg

ChevroletCorvetteStingrayConceptblack_zpsc9a51113.jpg

ChevroletCorvette1957white_zps2150db76.jpg

ChevroletCorvette1957black_zpsa20bb63a.jpg

ChevroletBelAir1956white_zpsa634bfc8.jpg

ChevroletBelAir1956black_zps67a21e75.jpg

CadillacEldorado1959blue_zpsd72e681f.jpg

CadillacEldorado1959black_zps46f84d47.jpg

Last edited:
No, I don't even know how. :lol:

My past photos only sucked because there wasn't enough light or the lighting was awkward. The reflective surface of the acrylic lights up the car making my life easier. When I photographed my cars in that blank space diorama, I'd only rely on the source of two 5-LED flashlights for 2 light sources. I ditched that for the time being and just using my room light.

Also, the easy trick of creating depth with the single object makes it easy to suck you in.

Not that I'm calling you out on it, but you're making a lot of bold statements right now. Are you even able to back up any of these claims?

http://redlinesbycipsamexico.com/

After Wyvern PM'ed me about the collection and I realized that Rodrigo was selling his ENTIRE collection, complete with protos and unique pieces, and not just repeats like he uses to, I called him. He's getting married, gonna buy a house and gonna honeymoon at Russia. He's also bored of the stuff, so he will get rid of everything and start over again. I can PM you his phone number if you want -tough I don't have the slightest idea of how you'd dial it from Canada-, he talks a good english aand is an extremely nice guy.

Also, I just fell for it, got damn you and your Jadas. You think you can find me both the 59 Cadillacs?

Pair of what? If it's not the one in my store, then no. I'm not going to another city just to pick up a few cars.

I... I didn't go out and buy a Hot Wheel today... and I'm still here! I'm still alive! I don't need to buy Hot Wheels to live any more!

But seriously, that's been my week, I've bought at least one Hot Wheel a day.

EDIT: Never mind. Keep reading, you'll find out.

Last edited:
I... I didn't go out and buy a Hot Wheel today... and I'm still here! I'm still alive! I don't need to buy Hot Wheels to live any more!

But seriously, that's been my week, I've bought at least one Hot Wheel a day.
At least you are paying full retail price. I've been active on eBay, and that's full retail + MARK UP!!!!!(you can add shipping on most of them, too).

Oh, well. At least we all seem to have excellent taste, and all we buy are cool cars. :D:tup:

I buy HW Originals, guy.... but I told myself to stop. I turned down the latest Retro-Active just today. It was the blue one.

hahaha, the 59 Cadillacs. You think you can still find them around in your area?

No. The Dollaramas in my area get a different case.

At least you are paying full retail price. I've been active on eBay, and that's full retail + MARK UP!!!!!(you can add shipping on most of them, too).

Oh, well. At least we all seem to have excellent taste, and all we buy are cool cars. :D:tup:

Yeah, I'm not quite to the point where I'm buying things off ebay... but I'm getting there. :nervous:

EDIT: Too late. I just found something on ebay I wanted.

My trio of desire.

Too expensive?

EDIT2: Too late, bought them.

Last edited:
I got to go through a large tub of cars that were sitting around buried in my house and I found a lot of cool stuff I haven't seen in years.

A matchbox charger police car in full livery, a 1/52 Porsche 959 matchbox as well as a 1/64 hot wheels 959 with an interesting exterior design that is etched into the casting. Also found a Porsche carerra that's about the same size as the matchbox 959. Its all metal and its quite heavy.

A matchbox premiere kenworth t2000 and a 2002 treasure hunt panoz lmp1 and Thing challenger pro car.

Two first model teslas one in red and one in silver

A matchbox Nissan prairie van that's rhd
An iroc or imsa styled trans am that looks like a happymeal toy
A yellow.lamborghini Diablo gtr1 with RRs
An old matchbox three Axel Volvo flatbed. I like this one a lot
Matchbox pick up labled "The Buster" it looks sick
A hot wheels "tooned" focus in rally livery. Its not 1:64; its a special series car
a majorette camper truck that's really interesting

Ill get pics later :)

Yeah, I'm not quite to the point where I'm buying things off ebay... but I'm getting there. :nervous:

EDIT: Too late. I just found something on ebay I wanted.

My trio of desire.

Too expensive?

EDIT2: Too late, bought them.
I don't know if it's too much, because that Ghostbusters car? I never ever saw that one in stores. Of course, I had just started collecting, so I was a total noob-hunter, but still.......

I do have two Ghostbusters, but one, Jason hooked me up with. Second one, I think I ended up paying $7(for some reason, that figures sticks in my head) on either eBay or Toy Peddler.

For me personally, A-Team replaces the Batmobile in that triangle. 80's rock so much. :P

Back