1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I don't know if it's too much, because that Ghostbusters car? I never ever saw that one in stores. Of course, I had just started collecting, so I was a total noob-hunter, but still.......

I do have two Ghostbusters, but one, Jason hooked me up with. Second one, I think I ended up paying $7(for some reason, that figures sticks in my head) on either eBay or Toy Peddler.

For me personally, A-Team replaces the Batmobile in that triangle. 80's rock so much. :P

Yeah, but I already have two A-Team vans. I didn't even know they were valuable, I opened one up!

EDIT: Help me, guys! You weren't kidding.

I just bought this.

Last edited:
$10 bucks says you could have found those at the friday meet for a lot cheaper. ;)

Not taking that bet. Need that money to buy Hot Wheels.

And I didn't see (or remember seeing) any of those three at the last Friday Meet. We'll see what happens this Friday! If anything, I buy some to sell to make my money back for the ones I just bought. :dopey:

I see the KITT all the time, think I've seen a few A-Teams. Never seen the Ecto that I know of, but there's always something new each week. :)

I feel like I'm way behind but I see folks talking about swap meets and scoring but either I'm slow or there aren't things like that around here. The only place I know where to get anything older is the local flea market. Now I'm going to feel pretty dumb if flea market = swap meet for most!

Barchetta? or Superamerica?

8263364529_a268af1b4d_c.jpg

(Both are 1:64 scale Kyoshos)

Well, ok, let's hope there's still anything left.

also, I edited some pictures of stuff but forgot to upload them to Photobucket, so I suck.

I went to Target last night. And D-cases are iiiinnnnn! :D

I got a 918, Chevrolet SS, black Camaro to complete the pair, and an NSX.
I also finally got a black Z4 race car and a Canyon Carver at Walmart.

I also spotted a matte black Aventador in a nine-pack.
Here's a good listing of the D-case if any of you don't already know.

Saw that Rennin Rig, Land Cruiser and Retro-Active; never bought any of them.

That store did however have the latest Boulevard case... I grabbed the Civic, Studebaker, and '56 Merc, but no F40s were there :grumpy:

If the El Camino is part of the Then And Now series, presumably the Then portion, than I really wonder what will be the Now. :dunce:

I know, I don't like it at all either, but it had good pictures of what I was looking for.

STDC has the segments listed. The '70 Camaro is in it, and the new Camaro with the same tampos will be in there too I'd imagine.

There's the pic in the auction. I'm telling you, I've had this in my hand. It's the real deal, just like the entire collection the guy is selling.

Make no mistake, this guy is a friend of mine and internationally known. He has the biggest collection of Cipsa/Aurimat cars in the world, many of them unique, one-of-one pieces. Look at the prices for some of the stuff. The guy is the fattest fish in Mexico. His collection is absolutely mind bending. I've never seen so much money in cars in one place.

We'll have to see. I'm bidding on several of the cars, but for a couple hundred I am/was hoping to land a few of them. :(

You may still land some of them, but it all depends on which ones you're trying to nab. Tell me!

I don't want to bid till the end, but I'm eying the bw warpath, that UH XJS, white w/ red tampo J2000, datsun 200sx, long shot and MAYBE the le car. I sell quite a bit this time of year, so I'm hoping to put the extra $ towards these. I'm certainly getting something as another won't ever come around. Already bidding on a new vintage case to display them.

...probably getting ahead of myself

But what are hopes for?

I don't want to bid till the end, but I'm eying the bw warpath, that UH XJS, white w/ red tampo J2000, datsun 200sx, long shot and MAYBE the le car. I sell quite a bit this time of year, so I'm hoping to put the extra $ towards these. I'm certainly getting something as another won't ever come around. Already bidding on a new vintage case to display them.

...probably getting ahead of myself

But what are hopes for?

I was expecting you to tell me one of the black Peugeots. I'll tell you how it always is: Le Car and Long Shot will escalate. The Jag will to, maybe dramatically. The one that I feel will REALLY skyrocket is the white J2000, because the paint job is Mexico-exclusive and they are very, very VERY hard to find. I've only seen three.

Stopped by Walgreens and bought myself two more Kenmeri Skylines. Not sure why I did it, but...just bought it on impulse.

Speaking of Skylines...I still need to get the Jada Initial D Skyline GT-R R32 from my friend who doesn't want it. :ouch:

The girlfriend and I stopped by Dollar General today and I got a black Toyota Tundra, but...
...she found the 2012 Beetle $uper TH! :D

Jarrod got the one TH I think sucks, now your GF gets the one Super TH I think sucks. No offense. :D
I feel like I'm way behind but I see folks talking about swap meets and scoring but either I'm slow or there aren't things like that around here. The only place I know where to get anything older is the local flea market. Now I'm going to feel pretty dumb if flea market = swap meet for most!
You are way ahead of me. I've never seen or heard of any local swap meets, and I've only seen one flea market thing online, but not very convincing by the pictures they had up on their site.
How did I not know this existed? If only I started collecting when these were in stores. :(
That car on the far left........ yeah. *wipes drool*
Here's a good listing of the D-case if any of you don't already know.
Nice link. 👍

I think Fast Fish(Gulf), Flintstone car & that VW Bus things are my must-haves. :)
That website is horrible. :crazy:
Oops.

By the way, how much is your eBay auction up to?
Stopped by Walgreens and bought myself two more Kenmeri Skylines. Not sure why I did it, but...just bought it on impulse.
"Dr. Nessy......"

^ Speechless. :eek:
Jarrod got the one TH I think sucks, now your GF gets the one Super TH I think sucks. No offense. :D

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Personally, I like that Beetle. I picked up one a few weeks back, I doubt I'll ever find the $uper version though.

Last edited:
Back