1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,497 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, the one I'm chasing is also way higher than I imagined it would be at this point. I may bail out, but we'll see.

If they were just toy cars (which they are, yes), we wouldn't be pushing 4 pages a day on this thread and spending untold ammounts in them. Yes they are toys and all that, but collecting them gives them a completely new meaning and value. In this case, it's a only-one-known, thought to be a prototype. judging by how the Cipsas jumped in price at the last few seconds, I'm almost sure I'll loose, but I still want to try my hand.

They're all Willy's.

IMG_20121213_091053.jpg

They're all Willy's. Gaaay. :P

I'll take one at the very least. If Snapple Jupiter or someone else doesn't want it, I'll take it off your hands too.

Thanks.

What are you, an 8-Ball? :P

I'll move that to the Listed Topic and prompt you later. You should get in there to keep track of trading.

I'll move that to the Listed Topic and prompt you later. You should get in there to keep track of trading.

All your stuff is in a box with your name on it. I can't see it now cause I'm at work like every other normal person. ;)

I really like Hot Wheels and I have a few sealed ones...
Is this anything like collecting LEGO? And what's the most important single thing I should know about this whole thread thing?

The most important to know is that you only talk about hot wheels and not legos.

Keep your cards sealed and sell it to suckers 3 years later. If you see any really nice castings, buy a lot, and sell them for 50% the retail price 10 years later.

Anyone heard of these new Flying Customs? It seems like they're similar to (or replacing) The Hot Ones.

QtcoJ.jpg

EDIT: From the looks of things the list of cars is going to be pretty impressive. Nissan 2000GT-R, Porsche 914-6, Tyrrell P34, Porsche 935/78, Lincoln Futura Concept, Turbo Mustang (possibly another SVO?), Datsun 510 Bluebird (this one's for you Jason) among many others.

And you didn't think to ask me if I wanted one? 👎:grumpy:

Oh man, tell me 917K isn't a typo. One would be way cooler than the awkward early version the normal 917 HW is. It'll be nice to get a 935 as well, too bad it won't be as nice as the Road Racers one HW screwed us out of this year.

Will be folowing. Post if you win. And blast a serious bid, that thing's gonna skyrocket.

Lost three so far were my bid was second best. :(

Bidding on several xjs...

Love the hooker tampo!

Edit. UH at 98.77

I'm out soon...

Really thought 150 would get it. 🤬 :banghead:

What's happening is the more comman cars are going just at or under while the RARE stuff is exploding

Last edited:
Purchased all 3 of them. You and Snaeper can fight over who gets 2, and who gets 1. :P

I'll just take one, I don't need two.

How much are those Flying Customs going for? I have a feeling Canada's not going to be getting any.

At Walmart they were pretty rich-blooded and going for almost $3. $2.88 to be exact.

Lost three so far were my bid was second best. :(

Bidding on several xjs...

Love the hooker tampo!

Edit. UH at 98.77

I'm out soon...

Is that you?

EDIT: Oh dear GOD. That wasn't you, right?

EDIT 2: Gotta go. Send me a PM!

Last edited:
After watching Racegroove's latest video today on stores updating stock. I thought I'd check mine out as well. Turns out, it was a good decision. :D

Rather unnecessary picture, but took it anyways of my past Walgreens Kenmeris. :P
IMG_0640.jpg

Walmart finally got new Boulevards and Flying Customs! Amazingly enough they also got HW Racing series...well just the Olds Aurora. And these Juke Box series that was $1.97. And yes, I picked up yet another Vector. The Bel Air looks nice, so... I bought it. :D
IMG_0642.jpg

Target got some of the D-case mix! Not all of it was there though and the pegs were overflowing. Got my first Porsche 918! And it was the only one on the pegs despite the pegs being full. Also got the new Mad Manga and Maisto Elite Transport with an SLR McLaren...with some not so great wheels and decals.
IMG_0641.jpg

There were quite a lot of the Chevy's, so I suppose it's stocking up what they had in the back for a while or something? Still wish I didn't miss out on the boulevard Delorean and Grand National. :grumpy:

How come most of the Boulevards you guys get got the series titles on the bottom? Only on rare occasions do ours have any text.

At Walmart they were pretty rich-blooded and going for almost $3. $2.88 to be exact.

That's cheaper than the Hot Ones here which goes for $2.99. To think I picked up 11 of those and 8 HW Classics ($3.99) in one day.

I really like Hot Wheels and I have a few sealed ones...
Is this anything like collecting LEGO? And what's the most important single thing I should know about this whole thread thing?

The most important to know is that you only talk about hot wheels and not legos.

Keep your cards sealed and sell it to suckers 3 years later. If you see any really nice castings, buy a lot, and sell them for 50% the retail price 10 years later.

Don't listen to AOS, buy what you like and open all the things. :P

What's happening is the more comman cars are going just at or under while the RARE stuff is exploding

Well the red prototype Airport Rescue escalated quite high too. I was out after 100 bucks and it almost reached 200.

And yes indeed, the more the car looks like its US/Malaysia/HK counterpart, the cheaper it is, while the unique color variations are the cars that fetch the really really high numbers, specially with a collection as unique as this one with the really rare pieces/protos.

Also, if you loose the white Lickety Six, I can do something for you.

Just found out about another indoor flea market that's not too far away. So I might try and pick through this one since the one in my town is pretty much empty. :D
http://pridescornerfleamarket.com/
Seems to only be open on Saturdays and Sundays... And there are some pics on their website, but I only see scale models in them. But since it's only on weekends, seems that vendors change, so might be something new every weekend.

Back