1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Truth be told, I probably would have opened it anyways...if I had a second one. Was planning on getting maybe two of some cars to someday hang up on the wall in their package. Much like photonrider's collection.

Cano - do you know anywhere I can find Matchbox casting info? Specifically for the Mazda RX-7? (FC version)

I tried to sign up for the Matchbox forums but they don't allow registrations based off of free email addresses like Gmail. :odd:

If I remember correctly, the thing came out in the Tyco era (1993)

Wow. I haven't heard that name in ages. I remember all those ads I saw on TV where their slogan was "Tyco: That's how you spell R/C!" and I always went "No! That's not how you spell R/C!"

http://www.matchbox1-75.co.uk/

Look for it in the model database from 1993 onwards. If I remember correctly, the thing came out in the Tyco era (1993), so there.

EDIT: It's in 1994. Also, look for the Z32 there.

Thanks!

But now I found this and must have them ALL! :scared:

1998_44.jpg

Ah, yes. Have it since new, pretty well done, very heavy, metal wing. You'll also like the Z32, it's quite a good casting but it's older than the Tyco era. If I remember correctly, it's from 1988 or so, and it was silver in it's first iteration.

I've got this Supra, but it's much more scratched up. Would love to collect the other versions of them. Also...the flea market I went to had several of those Premiere Edition Matchbox cars, from ones like the Ferrari F40 to the Cadillac Allante.
il_fullxfull.401639491_m9sg.jpg

So I just did a search of flea markets near my school and I found that "Western Pennsylvania's largest flea market" is very close to me. :scared:

Maybe in real life it isn't as evident, but in pictures the poster background really, REALLY makes it difficult to see the cars, Jason. I liked the display better in, er, white -_-

same here. I just didn't want to mention it around Christmas time.

Well, one of those NACA ducts act also as a fuel tank (in the LP400 though, you have to fill both sides)

Indeed, i remember them, don't think the owner was too pleased at me sticking my hand into the duct at the time :lol:, i was genuinely surprised at how big and deep it was.

@ R1600. I actually quite liked the look of the display with the pic behind it, but yeah, Cano & AOS are right, it does take away from the silhouette of the cars.
Oh.. and Matchbox never did make an FC, but 'MC Toys'/'Motormax' did, looks cool imo and a must for your collection.

Just realised, i forgot iv'e got the MB Supra (in black), i need to get rid of the awful red stripe down the side though... possible custom? 💡

Back