1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,499 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
If I were to purchase a new Boulevard case that includes the 510 wagon and the '71 Skyline, would you guys commit to purchasing the cars from me? I don't want to spend $64 on a case and get stuck with cars I don't need.

Better yet, we can all go in on a case and I'll take care of the shipping...

My #2 car:

*IMG*

This RX-7 is the perfect first gen in my head. Yes, absolutely.

#3 of 3:

*IMG*

Seriously in what way is a first gen RX-7 obscure? ( I'm assuming this is what you referred to yesterday) :lol: Screw you though, the other cars are cool, but you have no idea how badly I want a RX-7 now.
But I took those chill pills from the good doctor, so I'm fine. :lol:

Good to hear. :lol:

Last edited:
I want one of each, but it's a real difficult decision whether I want them "now" or when - or if - I find them on the pegs. If you mark me down for one of each, then I will for sure get them, but other people may not, so I'm not sure yet.

71 DATSUN BLUEBIRD 510 WAGON (3)
RENAULT 5 TURBO (3)
71 NISSAN SKYLINE GTR (3)
55 CORVETTE (3)
84 PONTIAC FIERO (4)

Bold = # of cars.

We're going to need several cases then. :lol:

I'm sure I'll find them in stores at the latest February so I'll pass up on this.

Who would be in? If I'm reading correctly, it would be just you and me as of yet. McZucheroo didn't deffinitely say yes, nor Andy.

This isn't going to be another Road Racers incident is it?
Because wasn't it already determined that the US would get them but then obviously Mattel took a big crap on us?

Ah! I see what's going on now. Guess I'll wait for it. The last trade shipment I was supposed to receive from the States has still not come - and I've about given up on it and called it a bad debt.
No more trading with the States for awhile.

Meanwhile - some good Karma:

IMG_0056_zpsa014a8d0karma2_zps36475bcc.jpg

Just had a wonderful nap this afternoon. Before that though, I sorted out one section of my display cabinet and gathered all of my 1/64 Kyoshos.

8285503989_a12797a89e.jpg

8285504829_1a28bd9bd8.jpg

8285510803_54c44ca6fa.jpg

8286572018_ed2bf1df69.jpg

*pics taken via Instagram*

Is there anything particularly special about that Tony-whomever Limited Exige? Is there any significant difference from it compared to the regular orange Exige other than premium wheels?

Well, this is my Tomica Limited Exige:

8286087175_54026d0018_c.jpg

8286087445_5dc7892801_c.jpg

8287144342_e40c6efb9a_c.jpg

8287157558_f4fa2f7857_c.jpg

It has more details, like the "S" badges, painted air intakes, detailed headlights and taillights, and there's even a Lotus badge (the regular version does not have one).

The regular casting's rear spoiler is made of plastic, but the Tomica Limited version's rear spoiler is made of diecast metal bolted on the body.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
RCKakashi14
Just had a wonderful nap this afternoon. Before that though, I sorted out one section of my display cabinet and gathered all of my 1/64 Kyoshos.

*pics taken via Instagram*

Well, this is my Tomica Limited Exige:

It has more details, like the "S" badges, painted air intakes, detailed headlights and taillights, and there's even a Lotus badge (the regular version does not have one).

The regular casting's rear spoiler is made of plastic, but the Tomica Limited version's rear spoiler is made of diecast metal bolted on the body.

Hope this helps. :)

Nice, is that a R34 Z-Tune in the back?

And Jason, I'll take one of each of these cars: 510 BB Wagon, 71 Skyline KPGC, 80 Turbo 5 and the C1 Vette 55 please. :)

Very nice bunch of 1:64s, Kakashi. Wonder, off hand, how much that bunch is worth. I don't think there would be too much investment ;) value in them, but as models they look very delectable. I need to go after a collection like that one day.

Very nice bunch of 1:64s, Kakashi. Wonder, off hand, how much that bunch is worth. I don't think there would be too much investment ;) value in them, but as models they look very delectable. I need to go after a collection like that one day.

I can't really say as to how much, but if I am going to average it out, I spend around 12 USD each Kyosho 1:64. ;)

This isn't going to be another Road Racers incident is it?
Because wasn't it already determined that the US would get them but then obviously Mattel took a big crap on us?

No, this would just guarantee you getting one. Since I only have a couple stores near me within a reasonable bike riding distance, I'd like to make sure I get them without getting raped at the Friday meets for something new and exciting.

I'll take the Renault, the vette and one Fiero, or any other left one of each, I'm in 100%

Id take one of each as well if there were enough and you would be willing to ship to Australia.

And Jason, I'll take one of each of these cars: 510 BB Wagon, 71 Skyline KPGC, 80 Turbo 5 and the C1 Vette 55 please. :)

To have enough for all of you we'll need more than one box. :lol:

As it stands, I want 1 of each of the Datsun and the Skyline...

Edit: If anyone was debating on getting the Boulevard set with the exclusive cars, it's $49.97 on Walmart.com right now and you get a $10 gift card with your purchase.

Last edited:
Back