1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

I hadn't looked at it as I thought it was technically a 4 seater. Not sure if the one in the game has back seats or not, but I've certainly shoe-horned my 6'4" frame into the back of one. Was none too comfortable, I'll tell ya..!!
{Cy}
Yes it has back seats but according to the rules that doesn't matter. The rules just say the car must be a 2 door, fully convertible car which the 307CC is.:D:crazy:

praiano63
Sorry i don't understand exactly what do you want to say. But your S2000 '01 is 1'24"406, faster than the '06 200"" till now.

CyKosis1973
I think what Praiano is saying, and it's something I agree with, is that the S2000 is going to win the speed element of this Shootout.

There's been lots of talk of 1:26 laptimes and the S2000 comes along and bangs in a 1:24 without breaking a sweat. I purposefully avoided this car because I suspected this would be the case. To be honest, I didn't want to go near the MX-5, as I thought there'd be a bucket of them already. Unless I can get this Pug 206 to work better, I'll go with the Mazda as it seems to be posting similar times to others.

Lord help us if someone builds an S2000 that's nice to drive and photogenic :sly:

{Cy}

Lol ya there are more elements to this than just speed. If you build a car that is super fast, but very hard to drive not all the drivers will land really great times. In one of the other shoot outs I had a Miura and I found it was handing fairly good times, but only really good drivers were landing good times as it was too difficult for everyone. Also cykosis that's what I intend lol.

According to wikipedia the Lotus Elise is a 2dr roadster, just checking. I hit a 1.24 in mine.

MUST be a 2 door, 2 seat full convertible; no targas or t-tops...both hard and soft top will be allowed

Elise is a targa top unfortunately.

Yes you can. Just follow the rules and get your tune and pic in before the deadline

Thanks for the help! :)

I do have an epic setup for S2000 but I think I'm gonna find some weird car that no one else wants to tune. S2k would be too boring. :lol:

Wait…we can do that? I thought it was 'once you submit, there's no turning back'.

We've had a long-standing "unspoken" expectation since X's FF shootout that once you post the tune you should not change it as people will be using the tune to test pretty much as soon as you post.

With photos, as it is a new idea in the tuning comps, I will allow changes up to the deadline. You can get opinions from folks if you like but I would say try not to have people decide exactly which picture you should use. In other words, ask if they think the lighting or composition are OK but try not to say "which should I use". I won't police it though. :)

Just to say it again, i do not see my name in front page as tester... i'll be a tester !!!!

><((((°>°°°°

I missed this the first time. :embarrassed: I'll add you shortly.

Can I still join as a tuner? :)

Yep! As long as you get your tune and pic before the deadline you can enter. 👍

Yes it has back seats but according to the rules that doesn't matter. The rules just say the car must be a 2 door, fully convertible car which the 307CC is.:D:crazy:

As Roj pointed out I did specify two seats. Most of what is available is of the proper configuration.

How's the photo voting go exactly?

Once the deadline rolls around and the photos are in I will create a poll in the PhotoMode Competition forum and have it open to voting from all GTP members. I'll link it here on the first page as well.

MUST be a 2 door, 2 seat full convertible; no targas or t-tops...both hard and soft top will be allowed

Elise is a targa top unfortunately.
:dunce:Okay now I feel really dumb. First I get on this morning and first thing I notice is that my killer car from last night is way way over the PP limit.:guilty:
Now this...somehow I missed the 2 seat part in the OP.:dunce::dopey:

So now I'm down to two cars. One of them I'm pretty sure is being tuned by someone else. The other one is such an oddball that I doubt many people even thought of it.

So guess which one ole Harvey Wallbanger here will be tuning for the shootout most likely.:crazy::lol:

FYI tune finally added to my OP on page 5 "The Jack-o-Lantern" was running 27.9xx-28.3xx's.I suck so just have fun in it, she wont bite.

also If your a test driver FR @Indy_Racerfan on PSN

Indy

PS on share now as well

Digitalbaka just a heads up, was just going over your OP Tuner garage links, your going to have to change link toCKR v2 it the new updated garage hope this make sense..

Thanks
Indy

You got your reading glasses on, old boy..?? Borrow mine if you like, defo 2 door, 2 seaters. Unless they mean must have at least 2 seats..??

Also cykosis that's what I intend lol.

Keep it tight to the rest of the pack and rely on making the car standout in the way it drives, that's my aim. I usually fail aiming for outright speed.

Then I hope you like chrome. :D

You know I drove all the way up to Brum from South Dorset, just to see a stripped and polished AC Cobra?? Hands down, the most stunning car I've ever seen with my own bare eyeballs :mischievous:

{Cy}

Digitalbaka just a heads up, was just going over your OP Tuner garage links, your going to have to change link toCKR v2 it the new updated garage hope this make sense..

Thanks
Indy

Oops! Guess I got the wrong link. Updating with this one shortly.

Keep it tight to the rest of the pack and rely on making the car standout in the way it drives, that's my aim. I usually fail aiming for outright speed.

This is what I had hoped for! :D From my experience in previous shootouts there have been some great feeling cars entered that, unfortunately, came in toward the middle or end of the board on time. I wanted to find a way to make both aspects important. Glad you guys caught on to my thinking. :dopey:

Last edited:
You got your reading glasses on, old boy..?? Borrow mine if you like, defo 2 door, 2 seaters. Unless they mean must have at least 2 seats..??

You know I drove all the way up to Brum from South Dorset, just to see a stripped and polished AC Cobra?? Hands down, the most stunning car I've ever seen with my own bare eyeballs :mischievous:
{Cy}
Lack of sleep will be my excuse along with needing a new prescription for my glasses and...hmm I've got to have more excuses.:lol:
Although it does make me wonder how many 4 seat convertibles are in the game. Also wonder how many have that so called jump seat behind the two seats that you stuff small children and pets in when the top isn't in the way.

Love the AC Cobra just wish PD had done a better job modeling it in GT5. It was the car most often used by a lot of car magazines as a performance measuring stick for many years when they talked about or tested high performance sports/supercars.

Lol there is like 10 four door convertibles ever made I'm sure none of them are in game. I searched for a 4wd convertible, but none as well.

DB are you going to link builds in the OP?

I had a 307 already tuned and got in it and lost where ghost was and looked back and saw seats and just died...maybe another time for it or just post it in the the garage

TFoDT
Indy

Had anyone tried the TVR V8S, Chevy corvette '54 or '69? I know the '69 is 456pp at 300hp, but it maybe could work.

I took a look at the '54 Vette, but know I had to tune the Prowler (poorly I might ad :dopey: )

The Classic Alfa or Triumph might be good as well?

Ive tried the V8S it felt a bit sluggish and the laptimes werent good enough to spend more time on it. Ive tried the old Corvette premium also, it wasnt fast enough it probably has skinny tyre syndrome.

To those that have chosen their cars already what other cars should i be considering ?

I dont want to do a Z4 as Indys done one and theres a few S2000s already I havent found anything I like yet. Theres one car the MGF which is decent but isnt terribly fast.

bigberry
Ive tried the V8S it felt a bit sluggish and the laptimes werent good enough to spend more time on it. Ive tried the old Corvette premium also, it wasnt fast enough it probably has skinny tyre syndrome.

To those that have chosen their cars already what other cars should i be considering ?

I dont want to do a Z4 as Indys done one and theres a few S2000s already I havent found anything I like yet. Theres one car the MGF which is decent but isnt terribly fast.

Nissan 350z although I found it slow. Alfa Romeo spider 3.01, spider 1600 duetto. Caterham fireblade although has no doors and one seat. Chrysler crossfire which I think could be good. Fiat barchetta which is super light weight. There's like a billion different year of s2000 and miatas and trust me each one is different. My tune doesn't apply to another s2000 I have even thou the other one has a tiny bit more HP and same weight the times are much slower in it. All MG I think. Peugeot 206 cc. RUF 3400S although slightly high on the pp already. TVR Griffith 500, but again a little high on pp. Triumph spitfire. Finally Toyota MR2 which there are a few models to try. I think that's pretty much it that qualifies and no one has submitted for yet.

TOYOTA MR-S V EDITION (6MT) '02 ,Very good , 1'26"200 with my tune, easy, very precise direction, balanced , can be faster...

Back