1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Ive tested most of Shmogts suggestions, im looking out for the Crossfire and the Ruf 3400s is over the PP limit.

Praiano I tested this earlier MR-S , I need to refine the tune but its good to drive.

Ive got an Eclipse Spyder I havent tested it yet its an FF.

Ive tested most of Shmogts suggestions, im looking out for the Crossfire and the Ruf 3400s is over the PP limit.

Praiano I tested this earlier MR-S , I need to refine the tune but its good to drive.

Ive got an Eclipse Spyder I havent tested it yet its an FF.

This is what a fully tuned Crossfire has for PP/HP. Don't go to stage 3 weight or stage 3 engine, you might get to the 450pp :dopey:

This is what a fully tuned Crossfire has for PP/HP. Don't go to stage 3 weight or stage 3 engine, you might get to the 450pp :dopey:
Unless I'm missing something the Crossfire in the game isn't a convertible. They did make one but PD didn't include it.

Unless I'm missing something the Crossfire in the game isn't a convertible. They did make one but PD didn't include it.

I think you're right. This old trucker needs to go to sleep! I forgot that this shootout was for roadsters for a moment :scared: :dunce:

Edit= and on that note, Good Night!

I was gonna say the same for the merc kompressor before because it doesn't have any fold marks in the roof or is ever a convertible when driving as far as i can tell

I was gonna say the same for the merc kompressor before because it doesn't have any fold marks in the roof or is ever a convertible when driving as far as i can tell

Yes there is a mark of the detachable hard top.

azur9.jpg

praiano63
Yes there is a mark of the detachable hard top.

Ok I new the car was in real life and haven't seen a non convertible, but I'm sure they must make one. I think the same can be said for the crossfire than.

Ok I new the car was in real life and haven't seen a non convertible, but I'm sure they must make one. I think the same can be said for the crossfire than.
Nope read the description of the Crossfire. The convertible is a separate model completely.

I had a run with numerous S2000s, the MR-S that Praiano mentioned was real good and my NC Mazda was short on PP but the time was competitive with the S2000's. The R128 SL500 is close to 450PP to start but could be good. I bought the Fiat but never got to testing it, same with the Z. The Lexus SC is under 450 but I didn't have one to check if it is a convertible or not.

DigitalBaka
I had a run with numerous S2000s, the MR-S that Praiano mentioned was real good and my NC Mazda was short on PP but the time was competitive with the S2000's. The R128 SL500 is close to 450PP to start but could be good. I bought the Fiat but never got to testing it, same with the Z. The Lexus SC is under 450 but I didn't have one to check if it is a convertible or not.

I tested the Z and once you oil change all you can do is add window reductions and it's maxed lol. It's ok, but kind of heavy I found for serious times. The SL500 is the same thing. I didn't actually test it so it could be amazing, but I'm thinking it won't be based on the weight and other times I drove it. I thiiiiiiiiiiink the Lexus is convertible and may be good. I was wrong already in the crossfire tho so i can't say for sure.

I tested the Z and once you oil change all you can do is add window reductions and it's maxed lol. It's ok, but kind of heavy I found for serious times. The SL500 is the same thing. I didn't actually test it so it could be amazing, but I'm thinking it won't be based on the weight and other times I drove it. I thiiiiiiiiiiink the Lexus is convertible and may be good. I was wrong already in the crossfire tho so i can't say for sure.
SC430 is a convertible. I tested it but wasn't impressed. Was rather sluggish and seemed to understeer so couldn't really keep up speed. Maybe someone who liked it could coax better performance out of the car but I wasn't interested enough to continue working on it.

Well so far I'm seeing half what I expected in that there are a lot of S2000s. Also expected a lot of MX-5s but so far none have cropped up...yet. :D

I may let my oddball out of the bag later in the week if anyone is still struggling with a selection. May not be competitive but it would definitely stand out in the crowd! :sly: Though that is mostly because nobody would even think to check if it were a convertible...

Well so far I'm seeing half what I expected in that there are a lot of S2000s. Also expected a lot of MX-5s but so far none have cropped up...yet. :D

I get the feeling I won't be doing an MX-5 myself...

I think A. Bush gets that feeling too.

I may let my oddball out of the bag later in the week if anyone is still struggling with a selection. May not be competitive but it would definitely stand out in the crowd! :sly: Though that is mostly because nobody would even think to check if it were a convertible...

Yeah, where's Jackthalad? I haven't seen my old boss in a while. He has a '89 Eunos posted in TPT that would rock in this competition.

I am happy to see krenkme running his Prowler. I don't think it's possible to get a more stable tune for that beast.

I should be ready to post my MG in a day or two. Got a few last minute adjustments after my family leaves town. No time now though...

Yeah, where's Jackthalad? I haven't seen my old boss in a while. He has a '89 Eunos posted in TPT that would rock in this competition.

I am happy to see krenkme running his Prowler. I don't think it's possible to get a more stable tune for that beast.

I should be ready to post my MG in a day or two. Got a few last minute adjustments after my family leaves town. No time now though...
You going with the MGF or the TF160?

The TF160 was my second choice if I couldn't get my real oddball to work decent.

The MGF seems to accelerate quicker but weight distribution makes it harder to tune and drive.

XDesperado67
Coming Soon!

"Super Spook Ride"

Haha o man I saw this and was like no way it can be good. If it is I'm gonna laugh so hard. Also all the miatas and s2000 are different I'm telling you. The rpm is different and so is the speed and weight. I tested three different s2000 and each one was totally different to actually drive. Some more stable, some quicker, etc. So it's really going to come down to the tune and parts chosen as that makes a big difference in this since there are restrictions to how much reduction you can do.

Hey, Harvey, you got the SSR already? And since I don't want to make my tune look as big a mess as it is to drive, can I nick your tune template? :D

Hey, Harvey, you got the SSR already? And since I don't want to make my tune look as big a mess as it is to drive, can I nick your tune template? :D
Please do use the template.👍👍

And yes got a couple SSRs. Now I just need to decide what color to paint the backup trucks since I'm not buying another set of the DLC paint for that fluorescent green.:crazy:

Edit: Just to show you my lack of taste both my choice of car and its colour, here's a picture :D

I thought there was a drop-top Mitsubishi, I'll have to have a look through the dustier parts of my garage for one. I'm guessing it's FWD..??

{Cy}

Looks very interesting, I wouldn't mind getting behind this but I'll have to see how things pan out over the next few weeks.

Back