200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed a 200p race last night - BMW 2002 Turbo stock (S2 tyres) but with FC trans so I could lower the gearing, in Schwarzwald Liga A at Paris Opera reverse (horrible track, though I like it OK forwards).

First attempts with (I think) Merc SLK on pole were doomed to failure, but good practice for next line-up which had Audi A3 at the front and TT second. Eventually cracked it after numerous attempts, now looking forward to trying it at Trial Mountain and Autumn Ring.

Is there a hare in this series? At Opera the AI just goes round in a procession, only time I saw positions change was if I'd messed someone up in a bend.

The 2002 does seem good at 200p races - managed one or two completely stock in the Beginners FR races. What seemed odd was that my mildly tweaked BMW 120d on S2's but with a much worse PWR than the 2002 actually got less points at Schwarzwald....

jdw
150 eh? And you didn't have too much of a problem with the GT?

Had to block it a bit, but the Impreza handles better than the GT and the GT started 4th (It wasn't there for long though!) Motegi was hard (too many straights) but the Scooby held it's own most of the time.

Gonna be in the club soon, yeah?

ANK
Finshed European classics over the weekend killed the mercedes 300 with my crappy old VW. It was a great feeling ramming him on the last corner of Nurburgring ring and cruising over the line to a 0.5 second victory for 200 pts.

Nurburgring
VW Karmann ghia coupe stage 2 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N3 tyres 152 ballast 200 points

Other 4 races VW Karmann ghia coupe stage 1 tune race chip S3 tyres 191 ballast 200 points

Against this line up

Vw Karmann ghia coupe
Alfa Romeo Giulia sprint GTA 1600
Alfa Romeo spider 1600 duetto
Ginetta G4
Mercedes 300SL coupe

OK ANK. You know I love your input, but! I sat for 50 min trying to get this line up. I felt like I was in Vagas playing a one armed bandit. I think I would have done better in Vagas.

I just work with the first two or three line ups for the other races but this one has me beat for the 200 points.

Can some one help me with this race? I dont want to go to Vagas any more!

personaly i think that the easyest 200pts race to win is in gt mode tskuba in the rain i used a std 350z jgtc car and i was up against a bently speed 8 and as long as your smooth you can builud up quite a respectable lead (i.e. 10 secs) try it. wot do u guys think??

ANK
Finished Super speedway 150 miles last night had to reset about 30 times to get a decent line up using.
Used Mazda 787b race car no oil change R1 tyres 79 ballast gear ratio set to 13 200 points against this line up

Congrats!!! Whew... good to know the 787B can work. Sorry route, but the thought of wallriding with the 390 was a bit much :sly:
How much did you win by?

ANK
Hey jdw will we be seeing you in the 100,000 club today.

route_66
Gonna be in the club soon, yeah?

Thanks guys. Almost there.
It's funny. I finished the PD cup and that's what I had for points. Standing at the threshold but haven't opened the door yet. See, if i only gave in and used the RAM... :lol:

Well, I'll get there soon enough.

Still to do:
Formula GT
12 individual races left in Hard Special Conditions
Saleen S7 (have 60s right now)
Endurances:
- Roadster 4h, Nurb 4h, Infineon, and maybe Fuji if I feel up to it. Redo El Cap and NY. Probably won't do any of the >5 hr Endurances and I probably won't bother with 1000 miles.
Mission #34.
Those extra 500p in the PD Cup.
Patching up a few holes here and there and that's it!

Probably won't quite make 110.

THEN, when I'm ready, I plan to start all over and shoot for 75,000p with STOCK cars. What you guys think about that goal?

I went through my FAQ and counted about 42,000p with stock cars already.

slotcarrod
I just work with the first two or three line ups for the other races but this one has me beat for the 200 points.

Can some one help me with this race? I dont want to go to Vagas any more!

Unfortunately, that philosophy doesn't work for this race. At least it's not as bad as World Classics. It wasn't until Lineup #26 that I found something I could work with in that race.

In Europe Classics you just need to avoid the 427, the Jag and the Fiats. Everything else is fair game.

For this one, I think it was lineup #8. I had all 3 Alfas, the Elan and the Ginetta. Very lucky. Now that's not to say that's what you'll get with #8.

It needs some more testing, but it seems like everyone has the same lineup from console reset and from there it changes.

So the first lineup from reset should be: Alfa GTA, Fiat 500F, Alfa Speciale, Elan, Karmann.
Please let me know if that's not the case.

Good news is that whatever lineups you DO get, they will be repeated for that car from console reset. So you can always come back and get the same lineups you had before.

Sorry, but... Back to Vegas! :indiff:

Here is an observation for those who are using b-spec to wear out cars - only do this at the Test Track.

While wearing out my 2CV I thought I may as well build up a few course points and went to NY, Seoul and finally the HSR. Speedway may also have been in there. 25,000 km, no oil change and I could still not get more than 124 points! I figured I had found another PAL anomaly but thought I had better just look at the oil - WTF! - yellowish brown! 🤬 We are back at the Test Track again to see if the oil will start going off again. Will report back in a while.

jdw
It's a bug. There is no other explanation. Probably a simple error with its "base" value. Like I said, FULLY modified to 660hp, it still gets 200p against lineup #1.
Agreed, definitely out of place. At first I just assumed they based the frontal area as part of the equation and had a bad constant somewhere for the calculations. However, now that I ‘valued’ the Ram, I found it to be so far out of place, it’s ridiculous. I found it to have a value of 235. The 1963 Honda S500 stock with only 40some PS/HP is at 227 and the 1997 Daihatsu Move SR-XX 4WD at 60some PS/HP has a value of 300. The truck sould probably be around 900-1000 points on my value system. The Saleen S7 is at 922.
jdw
The runaway car in #2 is the S2000.
I couldn’t match the value with the S2000 or the Fairlady in your line 1, but it appears the Fairlady is running N1 tires and dirty oil. It appears the S2000 is running N2 tires and dirty oil. Because these cars are so detuned as such, it may be impossible to find a car to beat them with. I show lineup 1 to be a value of 524 and lineup 2 at a value of 526. I did however recently find the used 1988 Honda Accord Coupe to value at 383. This would get 203 points if 200 wasn’t max. Purhaps enough power can be added and poorer tires and ballast put on to make the race. I haven’t tried it yet. I haven’t tested the PD races much, and the few I did try, I couldn’t find a 200 point car that would keep up. I thought I had the Honda Odyssey able to at first, but I am not good enough with it. It might work, but I doubt it. I tried it just below and above 200PS, but maybe it wasn’t my driving. It still might not go fast enough.
jdw
I'd say that the Element's poor points are probably accurate.
Why? Because stock, it sucks! :yuck:
But add in the dt/su ups and all of the sudden it turns into a contender :D
Yes, the power options for the Element make it a worthy opponent on several races. Besides, I think the Element has a better chance than the Odyssey, but I didn’t try the Element…
Stock Values:
391 Odyssey
322 Element
jdw
How are you deriving the values?

I think it's possible to value them, but be warned, a few extra tests need to be made to determine how consistent the values are. I have been compiling point differences between cars against the same lineup for a long time now.

The goal should be:
Race Series A: Lineup #1: Car A = 50p, Car B = 100p
Race Series B: Lineup #2: Car A = 100p, Car B *should be* 150p.
I have tested enough variables that this holds true. My system is not absolute. When spanning tests that require several cars, the possible 1 point deviation is additive. Lineups can be rated, and are consistent.

jdw
And of course the real trick is to find the highest points/performance cars.
And that is exactly why I started doing this. Besides collecting data as a side game for me, I wanted to be able to reduce the cars I needed to attempt races with.

At first, I was going to keep my method proprietary, but what the hell:

As for cars from just under 100PS to maximum, I’m using the Special Conditions Events for most. This works because you only race against one car. After several runs with various cars, I determined the range between the cars, and now can make relative values. I have other methods for determining the low HP cars, and the cars that are out of range between the Peugeot Turbo 16 and the Mazda 787B, but takes multiple steps to determine, and each step potentially has a value of 1 error. I have found as much as a 5 point deviation on some values. For reference this is still good. I also use the Formula GT race to check many of the high powered racing cars against.

As for the cars that cannot be compared at the Special Conditions Events, I go to arcade/Cities/Capri. I make sure the tires are set appropriately and use a difficulty of 6-8. I chain the cars to a known car. Of course, it helps to have all the cars unlocked. I have a mamory card copied at my 30some percent point and bought all the cars I could that needed unlocking. I have 651 cars unlocked on it. I sometimes have to switch to my regular game that I'm not at 57% for some cars, then of course, I still have quite a few unlocked cars.

Cars in Special Conditions, tarmac events, Value - Car:
509 - 1980 Renault 5 Turbo
515 - 1986 Toyota Celica 2000GT-Four (ST-165)
529 - 1982 Audi quattro
544 - 1991 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione
557 - 1974 Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car
560 - 1991 Toyota Celica GT-Four RC (ST-185)
593 - 2004 Lotus Elise 111R
622 - 2003 Mazda RX-8 Type S (J)
676 - 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR
677 - 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur
680 - 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS TME
683 - 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS
691 - 2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti Spec. C
755 - 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car
759 - 2003 Callaway C12
777 - 2004 Mercedes SL 600 (R230)
778 - 1984 Mitsubishi Starion 4WD Rally Car
795 - 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rally Car
813 - 2003 Subaru Impreza Rally Car
849 - 1985 Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car
918 - 2005 Ford GT (new oil - 586 HP)
922 - 2002 Saleen S7
935 - 2003 Mercedes SLR McLaren
938 - 1986 Peugeot Turbo 16 Evo2 Rally Car

big gap.....

1418 - 1991 Mazda 787B Race Car
1432 - 2001 Audi R8 Race Car
1444 - 2003 Bently Speed 8 Race Car
1510 - 1989 Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car
1523 - 1989 Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car
1548 - 2004 Formula Gran Turismo

Now there are still a few of those cars, 3 I think, that I haven't verified the values are for stock setup. Note that I have the Ford GT as with now oil.

My vision for this kind of info has always been:
- Have a point chart for stock cars so...

a) A user takes a "test" car against Lineup A in a Race A.
b) by looking at the chart, the user knows how many points a different car will have against the same lineup. He can figure this out by checking the points for car "B" against the "test" car and calculating the difference.
c) by looking at another chart, a user can calculate how certain mods would change those points against the same lineup.

I'm farily positive "b" works although I think there may be an issue if the computer's tires are different. Need just a bit more testing there.

"c" requires a lot of testing. The real question is, can I create a simple equation for it? Because I'll be damned if I'm going to write down the point diff for every mod for every car in the game! I *think* it's possible.

Most everything is a +/- operation. However, how tires and ballast and power affect a cars points WILL change from car to car. That I can guarantee.

My hope is that... how much a different tire affects a car's points is based on a simple percentage of it's base weight or power or PWR. Something simple. I suspect this is the case.

And if it is?

Voila! A working chart :D

Wild Cobra Z28
I couldn’t match the value with the S2000 or the Fairlady in your line 1, but it appears the Fairlady is running N1 tires and dirty oil. It appears the S2000 is running N2 tires and dirty oil. Because these cars are so detuned as such, it may be impossible to find a car to beat them with.

I'm afraid I don't understand this at all. Are you saying that you believe the CPU Fairlady is detuned? Because, it's not. All the cars in the PD Cup come stock with S2 tires on. Well, technically there is one car that you could face that comes with S3s instead - the S-tune because it comes with them

I show lineup 1 to be a value of 524 and lineup 2 at a value of 526.

How are you deriving this? Are you using your points list, applying to each car in the lineup and then averaging? I'm assuming that's the case.

BEWARE: This will ONLY work when your competition is stock. Which is true in only about 1/2 the races in the game. Against non-stock comp it becomes useless.

I have tested enough variables that this holds true.

Such as?

Lineups can be rated, and are consistent.
If the cars in the lineup are not stock, I highly doubt this is the case.

At first, I was going to keep my method proprietary, but what the hell:

:lol: sorry, I find this funny because I've essentially suggested what you're doing a few times already. Well, I'm glad someone's working on it! I have lots and lots of point differences written down in my notes as well.

As for cars from just under 100PS to maximum, I’m using the Special Conditions Events for most. This works because you only race against one car.

I have some good news!
1) Although holding your competition to one car (e.g. Special Cond) makes sense, it turns out that it's unecessary. Changing lineups is STRICLY a +/- operation.
2) All lineups are completely deterministic from console reset.
3) The First lineup from console reset is the same for every car.

Combine these and, by resetting the console, you can test as many cars as you want against the exact same lineup. That's how I've been deriving point differendes.

I also use the Formula GT race to check many of the high powered racing cars against.
Did this too. Here's some:
Formula - 60, Minolta 84, Used 92 w/oil - 95, Jag - 121, Bent - 164, Audi R8 - 176,
Pesc Courage - 177, Pesc Playstation - 184, BMW V12 - 187, GT-ONE Used w/oil - 190, 787B Used w/oil - 191, 905 - 194

And then if you link against the same lineup at GTWC:
905 - 92, Toyota 7 - 126, 390 Used w/oil - 139, CLK-GTR - 159

As for the cars that cannot be compared at the Special Conditions Events, I go to arcade/Cities/Capri. I make sure the tires are set appropriately and use a difficulty of 6-8.

Are you comparing cars against the same lineup?

1418 - 1991 Mazda 787B Race Car
1432 - 2001 Audi R8 Race Car
1444 - 2003 Bently Speed 8 Race Car

I get the same.

1510 - 1989 Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car
1548 - 2004 Formula Gran Turismo

But this isn't right. Have you used the Minolta? Have you checked its oil? Does it have any engine wear.

Ok, this is bad. My go to car for the high end races is a little TOO good :guilty:

2J at Infineon Endurance - bone stock for a 200p race.

First pit after L12, I'm up by 28s on the 787B (and that's including a number of off-road experiences trying to get used to it). Best Lap of 1'19.7 which is probably just so-so. Emerge from the pits, pop right behind the 787B only to take the lead again in 3 curves!

:dopey:

I think I'm going to quit it though and come back later. At least I know it works, but I'd prefer a Used 787B w/o oil and another one is coming soon.

The Merc looked like it had a chance. Against the 2Js 1st 200p lineup, it could get 164 w/R1s and a found a lineup worth an extra 30p. But I don't know if it has what it takes. The 390 couldn't get to 200 because I had oil change a long time ago so... oh well.

Moloch_horridus
Here is an observation for those who are using b-spec to wear out cars - only do this at the Test Track.

While wearing out my 2CV I thought I may as well build up a few course points and went to NY, Seoul and finally the HSR. Speedway may also have been in there. 25,000 km, no oil change and I could still not get more than 124 points! I figured I had found another PAL anomaly but thought I had better just look at the oil - WTF! - yellowish brown! 🤬 We are back at the Test Track again to see if the oil will start going off again. Will report back in a while.

I did the same thing i had about 7000 miles on the clock and only 3 extra points had been awarded and the oil light had not come on yet. Problem solved when i first ran the 2CV race i lowered the gear ratio, then when trying to wear the car out i forgot to widen it again. It seems unless you are getting the car up to its maximum speed engine wear does not occur.

jdw
My vision for this kind of info has always been:
- Have a point chart for stock cars so...

a) A user takes a "test" car against Lineup A in a Race A.
b) by looking at the chart, the user knows how many points a different car will have against the same lineup. He can figure this out by checking the points for car "B" against the "test" car and calculating the difference.
c) by looking at another chart, a user can calculate how certain mods would change those points against the same lineup.

I'm farily positive "b" works although I think there may be an issue if the computer's tires are different. Need just a bit more testing there.

"c" requires a lot of testing. The real question is, can I create a simple equation for it? Because I'll be damned if I'm going to write down the point diff for every mod for every car in the game! I *think* it's possible.

Most everything is a +/- operation. However, how tires and ballast and power affect a cars points WILL change from car to car. That I can guarantee.
I have had a similar vision. I have so far noted you can take a car into a lineup, then immediately know what another car will give within a small error range. As I previously noted, the +/- 1 error per car is additive. Used to new cars at the upper end like the Sauber Mercedes. 0 miles it has a value of 1523 points, but the used black version has 1453 points. It also has the ~10% reduction in power as fully burnt oil cars have. At the bottom of the scale, the range is just more than 20 points, like the Fiat 500’s. Used Fiat 500L 78 points, new (6.2 mile) Fiat 500L 101 points. Not that it appears consistant at a constant 9.9x% difference from used to new on all cars, although I haven't verified it. The same goes for weight reduction. It seems that stage 1 is 88% of stock weight, stage 2 85%, and stage 3 83%. I have not verified all cases, but it appears to hold true. I would assume there are some built in deviations.

Another interesting thing to note is that used cars with new oil have a very close power to new cars w/out oil change. Also that an oil change gives the new cars a 5% boost.

I have also noted that both tires and power are more dramatic as power increases. Weight seems to track somewhat with the power to weight ration. I have not tried to calculate any formulas here as I’ve been focusing on data collection still. Everything is interactive. I can take a stock car and derive a range from N1 to R5 tires, but that range seems to be a linear increase with power increases. I have not yet tested that theory, but it appears to be so. A chart would be an extensive endeavor to that degree. I can see charting values for cars and race lineups, but from there, a formula needs to be found for the interactions of power, weight, tires, and downforce.
jdw
My hope is that... how much a different tire affects a car's points is based on a simple percentage of it's base weight or power or PWR. Something simple. I suspect this is the case.

And if it is?

Voila! A working chart :D
We seem to think alike. Like I said, I have not yet done much backward engineering. Besides… I just found a kink! I listed the Ford GT at the Tsukuba Wet as having an oil change. Well, I just discovered it doesn’t. It seems the 2005 Ford GT you can buy yields 60 points against it, however, the one you win receives 71. I took this one against the one in Special Conditions and got the 71 points and balanced right at 60 points when I gave it an oil change. For some reason, the prize car with identical stats yield 11 more points, and may have been coincidence that it was identical with an oil change. So…. I wonder if any other prize car I tested may have a similar glitch? Hard to say without farther testing. I know others, the prize and bought are of equal value. But…. If this hold true for some, maybe you need a prize car to beat the PD Championship! The Ford GT may just be a special case. Besides, you can take one into the Premium Sports Lounge and win the non-striped version, which you then cannot race in the same race! Equal states, but the game treats it differently. It may be a unique case that doesn’t apply to others. Hopwever, now I cannot trust my number from some of the prize cars, or at least I need to go back and note the cars origin.
jdw
I'm afraid I don't understand this at all. Are you saying that you believe the CPU Fairlady is detuned? Because, it's not. All the cars in the PD Cup come stock with S2 tires on. Well, technically there is one car that you could face that comes with S3s instead - the S-tune because it comes with them
How do you figure? What do you know that I don't that makes you certain they are running the stock tires? I don't think you can add enough ballast and have the oil degraded enough in the Fairlady that is in the lineup to make the race so 'valueless...' The Nismo Fairlady has a value on my scale of 647, but the race is only a 524 point value. If this is the alpha car in the lineup, it is detuned by 123 points! This is why the race is impossible to get 200 points, if not, next to impossible. What little I have seen leads me to the conclusion that the cars are unique from standard in several races. I will agree I am wrong is it offered you 60 points against that lineup with the same Fairlady or if you can use a stock car that is in the lineup that gives 60 points. Same goes with lineup 2 is you had 60 against it with the same S2000, or other car if it is actually rated bettr. If I am mistaken, let me know, but your points are not averaged against the cars running, but against the best of the lineup. I took the same year Fairlady and was offered under 10 points. I put N1 tires on it and was still 30 or so points away from 60 if I remember right. Without actually running the car enough miles degrade the oil, I am guessing. Ballast alone is not enough to give me the difference, and I think I tested max ballast and still fell short of 60 points. Maybe the game just changes lineup values without regard to the line car settings, or maybe a lesser performing car in the lineup has a higher value? I doubt both these cases. The same with the S2000, only I have a used 2001 S2000. I didn’t play around enough to balance at 60 points and I assume the oil may not of been fully burnt to the 90-91% stock level, but I was so close, I figured it was running on N2 tires. If it had S2 tires, it also had ballast.
jdw
I show lineup 1 to be a value of 524 and lineup 2 at a value of 526.

How are you deriving this? Are you using your points list, applying to each car in the lineup and then averaging? I'm assuming that's the case.

BEWARE: This will ONLY work when your competition is stock. Which is true in only about 1/2 the races in the game. Against non-stock comp it becomes useless.
Give me some credit. I derived that value from testing with cars I already had values for. I can then determine with little error what another car will yield. As long as the lineup stays the same, so do the point values. I know that the lineups cars often don't have the same values as my cars I'm testing.
jdw

I have tested enough variables that this holds true.

Such as?
Multiple cars/multiple races… Everything remains pretty linear on the points from a relative viewpoint and within the additive error of possible being 1 point off per car when chaining the cars for values.
jdw
Lineups can be rated, and are consistent.
If the cars in the lineup are not stock, I highly doubt this is the case.
Like you said, when you reset, you get the same lineup. That lineup can be given a specific value, which will not change, as it is the identical lineup. Now some of the manufacturer races, for example, may appear to be the same lineup. However, note the car colors and order too. A red car may have a different tire, power, etc. than a blue car of the same type! Just a fictional example of what I have noted. I simply don’t remember what race I saw this type of thing. I gave up trying to figure the values of the Black Pool Racers. Bring a TVR Speed 12 against any lineup with a Speed 12, and you get under 10 points on most. I also remember reading someone say that 3 of a certain car in the lineup yields less points than 4 of the same car in a lineup. Well, that just tells me that 4th car is tuned better, or has better tires, or has reduced weight! I haven’t verified that race, but I would gamble big money that it holds true.

JDW, in case you are interested, here is one sample of my work. I had to reduce the quality and clip it to under 100kBytes...

Attachments

• sample GT4 work.gif
    sample GT4 work.gif
    89.4 KB · Views: 62
Wild Cobra Z28
How do you figure? What do you know that I don't that makes you certain they are running the stock tires? I don't think you can add enough ballast and have the oil degraded enough in the Fairlady that is in the lineup to make the race so 'valueless...' The Nismo Fairlady has a value on my scale of 647, but the race is only a 524 point value. If this is the alpha car in the lineup, it is detuned by 123 points! This is why the race is impossible to get 200 points, if not, next to impossible. What little I have seen leads me to the conclusion that the cars are unique from standard in several races. I will agree I am wrong is it offered you 60 points against that lineup with the same Fairlady or if you can use a stock car that is in the lineup that gives 60 points. Same goes with lineup 2 is you had 60 against it with the same S2000, or other car if it is actually rated bettr. If I am mistaken, let me know, but your points are not averaged against the cars running, but against the best of the lineup. I took the same year Fairlady and was offered under 10 points. I put N1 tires on it and was still 30 or so points away from 60 if I remember right. Without actually running the car enough miles degrade the oil, I am guessing. Ballast alone is not enough to give me the difference, and I think I tested max ballast and still fell short of 60 points. Maybe the game just changes lineup values without regard to the line car settings, or maybe a lesser performing car in the lineup has a higher value? I doubt both these cases. The same with the S2000, only I have a used 2001 S2000. I didn’t play around enough to balance at 60 points and I assume the oil may not of been fully burnt to the 90-91% stock level, but I was so close, I figured it was running on N2 tires. If it had S2 tires, it also had ballast.

You are mistaken - your car is averaged against the whole field (possibly with a slight bias to the lead car, but I'm not convinced of that), not just the "Alpha" car. This is why you won't get 60 points running the Fairlady against the Identical Fairlady, the lesser cars in the field bring the points down. It is the range of cars in the field at PD cup that makes finding the elusive 200pts difficult.

This can also be seen in the classic car races where a line up with the pathetic Fiat at the back will ruin chances of high points.

Finally you can see which tyres the AI is running in a series by previewing the race - the tyres being used will be listed, in PD cup all the cars run stock tyres while if you preview the Beetle Cup you'll see that the Beetle Cup Cars run on R5's!

jdw
Congrats!!! Whew... good to know the 787B can work. Sorry route, but the thought of wallriding with the 390 was a bit much :sly:
How much did you win by?

First try clean race lost by 14 seconds
Second try clean race lost by 6 seconds
Third try clean race lost by 4 seconds and started losing patience
Fourth try not such a clean race that Puegeot 905 was going to see some walls rammed it into the wall on second or third lap causing it to spin out ended up winning by 14 seconds.
I had to go for a 2 pit stop strategy piting on lap 34 and 67 the tyres were pretty much shot it for the last few laps but i could not afford another stop.

Further to my post 631, the BMW 2002 Turbo successfully knocked off all of Schwarzwald Liga A for 200p each race with standard S2 tyres and FC transmission. I always seemed to get Audis and VWs near the front, the BMWs at the back never really made much headway (including the M Coupe, which should be much faster?).

I see JDW has done this with the 120d for 200p a go, I just thought the 2002 was more interesting than some lardy modern diesel car.

I'm still curious as to why the 2002 gets high points, it's PWR is way better than the 120d and comparable with many of the AI cars in these races.

I am going to take the advice given to RenesisEvo from Route 66, going away for the weekend to play a few rounds of golf and sink a few beers at the 19th hole.

Any tips for tuning the Suzuki concept S2 for Suzuki concepts race. I have won the first two races but am struggling around Tskuba running N1 tyres and a race exhaust against 4 GSX-r's. Any tips on suspension settings or how to win the race would be greatly appreciated.

Be back on monday trying to catch Route 66.

Finished Euro Classics last night for 200 points each ( thanks to all you guys ) and got to the 96K mark. :) I am going to work on World Classics next. Any Tips?

Thanks again guys!

Quick update...

I decided to re-learn how to drive in GT4. First up - TVR T350c, N1 tyres all round, Suzuka West Course. That was hairy... wheelspin in 2.5 gears, and some very un-grippy cornering. Im beginning to think starting a bit slower might be an idea.

A-spec points... well, I'm miles behind, and going backwards. But nevermind - real driving, boozing and seeing the missus more than makes up for it. (note: none of these are done at the same time :crazy: )

ANK
I am going to take the advice given to RenesisEvo from Route 66, going away for the weekend to play a few rounds of golf and sink a few beers at the 19th hole.

Any tips for tuning the Suzuki concept S2 for Suzuki concepts race. I have won the first two races but am struggling around Tskuba running N1 tyres and a race exhaust against 4 GSX-r's. Any tips on suspension settings or how to win the race would be greatly appreciated.

Be back on monday trying to catch Route 66.

Hey ANK! Use the LSD with stock settings and put the ballast up front, together they tend to pull the front around and you can carry more speed through the corner. Use race flywheel and 3 plate clutch, play with the gears but stock is ok. N3's on the rear or N2's if you want more turn in. The stock suspension is ok but you could lower dampening from 8 to 6, up 3 on the springs and lower ride hight about 10 front and rear. I hope this helps you.

Have a good time this weekend! 👍

slotcarrod
Finished Euro Classics last night for 200 points each ( thanks to all you guys ) and got to the 96K mark. :) I am going to work on World Classics next. Any Tips?

Thanks again guys!

World classics was my first post. I used a used Honda s600 check out post 376 although you might not get the same line up anything similar should get 200 points.

route_66
You are mistaken - your car is averaged against the whole field (possibly with a slight bias to the lead car, but I'm not convinced of that), not just the "Alpha" car. This is why you won't get 60 points running the Fairlady against the Identical Fairlady, the lesser cars in the field bring the points down. It is the range of cars in the field at PD cup that makes finding the elusive 200pts difficult.

This can also be seen in the classic car races where a line up with the pathetic Fiat at the back will ruin chances of high points.
Well, I will look farther into that. Maybe I am mistaken. I have seen several examples where the same points were offered when the same 'alpha' car appeared in different lineups. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe different races are calculated differently?
route_66
Finally you can see which tyres the AI is running in a series by previewing the race - the tyres being used will be listed, in PD cup all the cars run stock tyres while if you preview the Beetle Cup you'll see that the Beetle Cup Cars run on R5's!

Hmm... I never noticed that. I will check it out. Thanx again. At least it doesn't void the work I have been focusing on, and if that holds true, maybe I can calculate what a lineup will be.

Another interesting thing to note is that used cars with new oil have a very close power to new cars w/out oil change.

Yup.

That's exactly why I've considered this to reflect the "base" value of the car.
Still needs testing.

I have also noted that both tires and power are more dramatic as power increases.

Yup. Same goes for ballast. But like I said earlier, is it *strictly* a function of power or is power/weight?

I can take a stock car and derive a range from N1 to R5 tires, but that range seems to be a linear increase with power increases.

AFAICT. Yes, it is.

I have not yet tested that theory, but it appears to be so. A chart would be an extensive endeavor to that degree.

It's been done. Can't remember where that thread was though. Anyway... yes, it was linear.

NOTE: If you haven't noticed already points really start to saturate at 10p. So be sure to throw out any data derived from a <= 10p lineup. The same may be true of 190p and above.

I can see charting values for cars and race lineups, but from there,

No point. I can guarantee changing lineups is strictly a +/- affair.

a formula needs to be found for the interactions of power, weight, tires, and downforce.

Ehh.. mostly. One thing I'm 90% positive of. There are no interactions (dependencies) between variables. All changes are applied to a base value and simply added up. I consider this good news but it does need extra testing.

Besides… I just found a kink! I listed the Ford GT at the Tsukuba Wet as having an oil change. Well, I just discovered it doesn’t. It seems the 2005 Ford GT you can buy yields 60 points against it, however, the one you win receives 71.

Well, there may be differences. First off are you comparing the '05 GT to the striped version of the '05 GT or to the '02 concept version?

How do you figure? What do you know that I don't that makes you certain they are running the stock tires?

I now have every car you could face for every race in the game with its HP and tires in my FAQ. If you'd care to see it, PM me your addy.

Other than that... like route said. Points are based on some average of the entire lineup (the order doesn't matter) That's why your reaching weird conclusions :sly:

We can guarantee this.

Spottedlaurel
Further to my post 631, the BMW 2002 Turbo successfully knocked off all of Schwarzwald Liga A for 200p each race with standard S2 tyres and FC transmission. I always seemed to get Audis and VWs near the front, the BMWs at the back never really made much headway (including the M Coupe, which should be much faster?).

I see JDW has done this with the 120d for 200p a go, I just thought the 2002 was more interesting than some lardy modern diesel car.

I'm still curious as to why the 2002 gets high points, it's PWR is way better than the 120d and comparable with many of the AI cars in these races.

Congrats! 👍
Don't know why people seem intimidated when a slot is occupied. We want MORE cars. The wider the variety of cars that can win a particular 200p race, the BETTER! :D

PWR is a good rule of thumb but it ony reflects ASpec points about 90% of the time.

The 120d handles it weight surprisingly well.

slotcarrod
Hey ANK! Use the LSD with stock settings and put the ballast up front, together they tend to pull the front around and you can carry more speed through the corner. Use race flywheel and 3 plate clutch, play with the gears but stock is ok. N3's on the rear or N2's if you want more turn in. The stock suspension is ok but you could lower dampening from 8 to 6, up 3 on the springs and lower ride hight about 10 front and rear. I hope this helps you.

Have a good time this weekend! 👍

Hmmmm. Not sure about your set up there. I agree with the LSD, but put the ballast near the middle and use N1's on the rear (less rear grip=more oversteer, which is what I like). Also stiffen up the rear suspension so the car doesn't sit back under acceleration and you get less wheelspin.

The S2 is as wheelspinning understeering pig of a car and I hate it, but it's not too bad if you can dial in a bit of extra oversteer.

Enjoy your weekend ANK (though I believe Golf to be possibly the worst "sport" in history - each to their own :sly: :) ).

Jdw - made up those last 48? 👍

i was tinkinering around in the 4wd event yesterday and noticed something quite interesting.
the N3 tires add as much a-spec value as full ballast.
that is to say N3+no ballast = S2 + full ballast.
was quite helpful as on tracks like fuji, as the extra power is more useful than the extra grip.
where on tracks like autumn ring the extra grip is much more valuable than the grunt.
it may have been just an anomaly (more testing to come) but it seems logicial that since the only chages were tire compound and weight, it would be something standard to all cars/races.

Hi guys,

First of all, congrats for getting so much A-Spec pts and for helping other people to do so. I'm now at 99,1% and I still have 5 endurance races left to do, wich are Infineon world sports, Nurb 4 hours, Roadster endurance,Laguna seca 200 miles and Tokyo 300km.

I'd like to know if you have advices on what car/enemy field combination I should use to get 200pts for all those?(except the Infineon one because JDW just gave the answer on top of page)

And as my sig says, I now have around 75000 pts. in the beginning I didn't care about A-Spec, and then I started doing my races with at least 100pts and now I'm targeting the max amount reasonably possible( this means without pushing opponents in the dirt and do mileage to dirty my oil with B-Spec Bob but use of nitrous is accepted but I usually avoid it as much as possible).

So thanks in advance and hope to see you at the 100k club soon.

These have all been reported as successful:
Nurburgring 4 hrs: ASL Garaiya (start on N1)
Roadster: MX-5 ’89 (used, start on N1, kg)
Tokyo: BMW 320i touring (NA2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back