200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spottedlaurel
I wonder if one of you point-chasing supremoes can explain this for me please. When running the Mitsubishi Evo manufacturer’s race at Tokyo (rev) I found that each time I retried the A-spec points available would go up by one, say from 90 to 91 then 92 (at work now, can't remember exact figures).
I'll bet it's the oil wear factor. I have been testing the car values and only have a few Evo's tested, but the range from new to fully burnt oil of the Evo points is probably 30-35 points. Assuming you put new oil in it, the 5% oil wear happens within 600 miles I think and the 5% range for Evo points is probably 15-18 points, or in the neighborhood of 1 point per 40 miles or less.

Keep in mind, the above is an educated guess from the work I have been doing. I also think there are only about 9-10 stages of power at about 1.7% spacing, but that is based on a small observation and not verified. The power points might actually drop 1 at a time without an indication of power drop when you look at the car in the garage. I see the approximate 1.7% stage drop at the indicated HP and Torque in the garage.

As for my work on the vehicle values, I am in the Mazda's, alphabetically. I now have all cars, completing 100% yesterday... wow mission 34 was a *****... After several hours of attempts, I finally beat it by probably less than 0.1 secs.

I stopped doing full power checks while doing my point testing so I can compile a completed car A-Spec value list faster. Unless I stay outdoors more (it's real nice here right now) I should be finished with my car value list early next week. I still have about 400 new/prize/6.2mile/fully used cars to test, then I have several cars to test in arcade mode that are only available used fully burnt in Gran Turismo mode.

When I am done with the cars, I plan to spec out the races. I have done some races already with the first several lineups, usually 10.

Once I complete this…. Watch out guys…. I will start my A-Spec point climb!

Wild Cobra Z28
As for my work on the vehicle values, I am in the Mazda's, alphabetically. I now have all cars, completing 100% yesterday... wow mission 34 was a *****... After several hours of attempts, I finally beat it by probably less than 0.1 secs.

Let me guess... you have the PAL version?

If so, consider yourself very lucky...

Wild Cobra Z28
I stopped doing full power checks while doing my point testing so I can compile a completed car A-Spec value list faster. Unless I stay outdoors more (it's real nice here right now) I should be finished with my car value list early next week. I still have about 400 new/prize/6.2mile/fully used cars to test, then I have several cars to test in arcade mode that are only available used fully burnt in Gran Turismo mode.

I had meant to make this request some time ago. Would you please add the observed HP for every car (gathered from the "Sell" screen as that's been established as the most accurate)? It would help immediately recognize any discrepanices. Without that info, it will be very hard to determine.

Wild Cobra Z28
When I am done with the cars, I plan to spec out the races. I have done some races already with the first several lineups, usually 10.

Why? Only the FIRST lineup is independent of which car you take in.

Wild Cobra Z28
Once I complete this…. Watch out guys…. I will start my A-Spec point climb!

Do you plan to do any mod testing or just the base points?

Well, good luck to A-spec climb! 👍

Hiya route_66:
Even I don't have time to read your entire Massive thread, so I hope I'm posting this in the proper "Form!"

Check this LINK for a Race Report detailing FIVE 200 A-Spec Point Races won with the CHRYSLER 300C...O.G. :D

Hi guys well I am half way to the 100K club and having a little problem. Beginners Hall, MR Challenge, race 3 at NY reverse. I've got 200 in the other races but finding this one a little tough. I am using an MGF stock+spts susp (min ride height)+S3s+NOS (set at 75)+ballast, unless there are two NSXs I am getting 170-180 which I have done but I can't win (yet) the 200 pt race.

I could try changing the NOS setting, but lower doesn't enable me to catch up soon enough, and higher will probabably run out too soon. Does a racing tranny make any difference ? With a rolling start and those long straights I am not sure it will. Should I sacrifice tyres (go to Ns) for more power ?

Please let me know what settings you used or is there a better car for 20o pts in this race ?

Thanks

Steven

StevenDunn99
Hi guys well I am half way to the 100K club and having a little problem. Beginners Hall, MR Challenge, race 3 at NY reverse. I've got 200 in the other races but finding this one a little tough. I am using an MGF stock+spts susp (min ride height)+S3s+NOS (set at 75)+ballast, unless there are two NSXs I am getting 170-180 which I have done but I can't win (yet) the 200 pt race.

I could try changing the NOS setting, but lower doesn't enable me to catch up soon enough, and higher will probabably run out too soon. Does a racing tranny make any difference ? With a rolling start and those long straights I am not sure it will. Should I sacrifice tyres (go to Ns) for more power ?

Please let me know what settings you used or is there a better car for 20o pts in this race ?

Thanks

Steven
I used an MR2 for this race but the MGF will do just as well.
On courses with quite long straights the best bet is to go with more power and worse tyres. I know Route 66 and others did alot of races on N1 tyres but i would not recomend this. Try using S1 tyres and add as much extra power as possible.
Congrats on the score and keep it up 👍 👍

Thanks ANK I'll give it go this evening.

Old Geezer & others who are interested in this now very long (but excellent) subject, try this:

Click printable version then 100 posts per page. Copy and paste the (currently) 9 pages into a word doc and save. Then use the find function in word to search for the race/car/series you are interested in.

Steven

Don't know whether this one has been posted.
All Japanese GT race- Suzuka East ( 12 laps ) Cusco Subaru Impreza ( 331 bhp) - 200 points. Handles like a dream . Won by 4 secs.
nige

Congrats on the points ANK! 👍 I have been away for a bit on some well needed holidays.

I hate to say this, but I think more points are to be had. :nervous:

StevenDunn99
Hi guys well I am half way to the 100K club and having a little problem. Beginners Hall, MR Challenge, race 3 at NY reverse. I've got 200 in the other races but finding this one a little tough. I am using an MGF...

Yeah... Ditch the MGF!
I was the one who posted it originally and I will forever be ashamed. Compared to the Elise and MR2 it's a terrible choice :guilty:

Lotus Elise Type 72 + S1s + Nitrous == EASY NY win against both NSXes. :)
As a matter of fact, nitrous was unecessary for 3 of the tracks.

Oh... and just leave Nitrous at 100. You don't need to have it held down the whole race. It's best use is coming out of a corner for extra acceleration.

Congrats on your progress so far 👍

jdw
Lotus Elise Type 72 + S1s + Nitrous = EASY
The Elise Type 72 is another of those cars where the a-spec index is a bit out, not quite to the same extent as the Dodge RAM (in fact nowhere near the same extent) but it is an a-spec point champion.

A very good car for the street special conditions events and a host of other races.

BTW: JDW, when are you going to update your sig?

Wow! Forget about N2 and full ballast in Aston Martin Festival. I've burnt my DB7 completely and I've managed to get 200 points per race, with front N3 and 100 kg.
(I've seen 188 points, with 200 kg and S1/S3!!)
I love test course :D

Moloch_horridus
BTW: JDW, when are you going to update your sig?

Ahhh... yeah, I've been needing to do that. Too lazy... :sly:
It was fun to leave it just shy of 100 for a while but I admit, that's old. Figure I'll change my sig when I provide the proof.

Probably this weekend. Been working on the Formula GT for the past 2 weeks.

Should be right at 106 when I'm finished (2 more to go!). Been using the F1 with ballast and, sometimes, reduced downforce although I've only actually managed 3 200p races (High Speed Ring, El Cap and Laguna).

That will nearly be it for me. I have the Roadster 4h, Fuji Endo and 1000 miles left but frankly, I doubt I'll ASpec 'em. Maybe... I did every Endurance that was 3hr or less + Nurb 4h and I'm happy with that. May go clean up some points here and there but probably not more than another 1000.

I nearly won NYR yesterday evening with the MGF, screwed up the final hairpin, lost momentum, out of NOS, and caught by 3 of them (I can block one but not 3) literally yards from the line. Used NOS at 100, chip, S1s & 140 wt. So, so near. I'll try again this evening and then maybe try the Elise (which I should have gone for as I used to own one).

Agree on the use of NOS, apart from the start, it is most effective using it as you hit the apexes to get good exit speed.

Steven

P.S JDW, do not be ashamed, it is definitely possible to use it to max out the MR Challenge.

slotcarrod
Congrats on the points ANK! 👍 I have been away for a bit on some well needed holidays.

I hate to say this, but I think more points are to be had. :nervous:

Thanks slotcarrod :)
I thought the same about more points, but as far as i can tell i have checked all the non 200 point races pretty well and there does not seem any more available.

jdw
Let me guess... you have the PAL version?

If so, consider yourself very lucky...
Nope… USA-NTSC
jdw
I had meant to make this request some time ago. Would you please add the observed HP for every car (gathered from the "Sell" screen as that's been established as the most accurate)? It would help immediately recognize any discrepanices. Without that info, it will be very hard to determine.
I have been collecting that data for the car specs, and I have been making my car value list at their 100% purchased setup. That said… I have been noting the PS rather than HP of the cars I test, since this is the value seen in the garage car list. For some reason, when set to HP in options, the PS is displayed instead in the garage list and the settings screen. I am aware that the advertised HP is almost always incorrect and that the HP in the ‘sell’ section is accurate. When I compile my list, I will include the HP values that I have too. The columns on one of 4 pages per car data I'm collecting are:

Garage Select (PS):
-Before Oil Change
-After Oil Change
-Max NA
-Max Turbo
-Max Superchagarger
Horsepower:
-Advertised
-Actual
-New Oil
-Max NA
-Max Turbo
-Max Supercharger
-Peak RPM
Torgue:
...... same as HP ....
jdw
Why? Only the FIRST lineup is independent of which car you take in.
Well, then maybe I’ll include the range I tested or best points lineup along with the first lineup value. I have actually been listing the cars that appear in the first 10 lineups as a means of verification too. I can then put their values in, then use Excel as a verification of values. Did you look at my Excel sheet I uploaded before?
jdw
Do you plan to do any mod testing or just the base points?
Right now, just the base points. This is already so much work. I might not do much more. I will look at various cars to see if I can assign a formula for tires weight and power, but the thought of collecting that much more data... well... I don't want to think about it. After all, nobody’s paying me to do this. Maybe if it was winter time, but the sun’s out!
jdw
Well, good luck to A-spec climb! 👍
Thanx. I don’t know if I’m skilled enough to break into the 100,000 club. When I first noted A-Spec points I was happy to get more than 40, then I realized I could easily get 100 or more on most races. Now the 200/race is nice to do, and I have 200 on all Special Conditions, Family Cup, and Beginners. I haven’t redone the other races yet. I have 200 in some of the Professional, Extreen, and manufacture events, but have so many to redo. The Speedster one was a bit too easy….. I spent some time trying to figure the the opposing cars, but decided it was a glitch. My car maxed out, reduced weight 3, and R5 tires still yielded something like 161 points. Either car and lineups didn't account for this. This made making the 200 so easy..... The Speedster Turbo was so easy to drive with 40KG (for balance) added in the front and R3 tires. I pumped the power to 367 PS... Too easy for 200 points... The car was fun to drive too!

jaywebb
When u get 2000 a -spec points apparently u get a paint shop but ive got 3567 a-spec points but no paint shop : (
You simply misunderstood....it is 2,000 K A-Spec Points, which is 2,000 x 1,000 = 2,000,000!

Nobody that I know of has been able to reach this level, and thus the hidden paint shop....at least not yet. With 3567 A-Spec Points, and at the rate you're going, you could be the first!

TigJackson
You simply misunderstood....it is 2,000 K A-Spec Points, which is 2,000 x 1,000 = 2,000,000!

Nobody that I know of has been able to reach this level, and thus the hidden paint shop....at least not yet. With 3567 A-Spec Points, and at the rate you're going, you could be the first!

You should have put a spoilers tag on that it will be no surprise now when i get there.

TigJackson

ANK
You should have put a spoilers tag on that it will be no surprise now when i get there.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Don't be mean to the newbie.
Everyone knows you only get the paintshop if you get 200 for midget racing :D

Or perhaps...there is no paintshop? Or any A-spec reward? Just a guess, not like I might know or anything......... :dunce: 💡

nismofreak
What I want to know is if there's a way to get 90+ points in races where there are LM prototypes racing. :dopey:

it's on Endurance Challenge. Infinieon 2 hour 45 min. i use the GTR LM as i remember it, red in colour with blue splash stripes. with R1/F R1/R. Nothing more than tyre change and i got 200 points. it was quite competitive. i guess. 👍

Thanks for the Elise 72 tip, that was easy. Still working my way through Professional Hall (with a LOT of help from here). Trouble is I already have good points in the rest of the prof hall so my total grows very slowly at the moment. (Unlike when I did the game first time I am leaving the manufacturer halls until last). Only Classic, Supercar & GTWC to max out.

Started Classic Hall and got 200 at Fuji - the Ginetta outbraked itself at the end of the straight, when it came back on it T-boned the Toyota 200GT, saw that in my rear view mirro and smiled knowing I would now win it. I think that long straight at the 'ring will be 'fun' when I get there, but at least the track is narrow.

Steven

StevenDunn99
Thanks for the Elise 72 tip, that was easy. Still working my way through Professional Hall (with a LOT of help from here). Trouble is I already have good points in the rest of the prof hall so my total grows very slowly at the moment. (Unlike when I did the game first time I am leaving the manufacturer halls until last). Only Classic, Supercar & GTWC to max out.

Started Classic Hall and got 200 at Fuji - the Ginetta outbraked itself at the end of the straight, when it came back on it T-boned the Toyota 200GT, saw that in my rear view mirro and smiled knowing I would now win it. I think that long straight at the 'ring will be 'fun' when I get there, but at least the track is narrow.

Steven

World classics round the Nurburgring was on the best races i had in the whole game. It was a great feeling of satisfaction when i eventually beat it.

ANK
World classics round the Nurburgring was on the best races i had in the whole game. It was a great feeling of satisfaction when i eventually beat it.

I read that and thought, oh dear trouble ahead...and guess what, I have 200pts in all Classic Hall except the ring. I have come very close a few times but it's difficult on the long straight when you have both the Elan & 2000GT overtaking you, one each side !!!
I am sure this is doable, and will take luck, patience and what we will call bravado. But, I have to check whether there is a different/better way.

I am using the Skyline Sports Coupe BLRA-3 (what a lovely looking car). 94bhp ie stock hp, I have added some susp & tranny upgrades + NOS set at 75, ASM/TCS off, N1 & N3 tyres + 25 ballast. I dropped the susp right down at the front and back, but kept the back a little higher. Shortened the tranny to 3 but then lengthened 6th gear for long downhill parts ie top speed.

That gives me 200pts verses Line up #8 after reset ie, another Sports Coupe, Skyline 1500 deluxe, Elan, 2000GT and Ginetta.

Is this the best way, or is there another. At the moment M34 seemed easier ;)

regards

Steven

StevenDunn99
I read that and thought, oh dear trouble ahead...and guess what, I have 200pts in all Classic Hall except the ring. I have come very close a few times but it's difficult on the long straight when you have both the Elan & 2000GT overtaking you, one each side !!!
I am sure this is doable, and will take luck, patience and what we will call bravado. But, I have to check whether there is a different/better way.

I am using the Skyline Sports Coupe BLRA-3 (what a lovely looking car). 94bhp ie stock hp, I have added some susp & tranny upgrades + NOS set at 75, ASM/TCS off, N1 & N3 tyres + 25 ballast. I dropped the susp right down at the front and back, but kept the back a little higher. Shortened the tranny to 3 but then lengthened 6th gear for long downhill parts ie top speed.

That gives me 200pts verses Line up #8 after reset ie, another Sports Coupe, Skyline 1500 deluxe, Elan, 2000GT and Ginetta.

regards

Steven

It looks like you got the same line up as i did here is what i used.
Used Honda S600 stage 2 tune race exhaust S2 tyres 197 ballast.
You could probably swap the S2 tyres for N1 and get quite a bit more power out of this car which will probably make it a fair bit easier.

ANK, thanks, I'll try tomorrow evening if the S600 turns up in my used car lot.

Steven

<edit> bit of a blow, I am at day 1659 and the S600 does not appear again until day 1751.

StevenDunn99
I am using the Skyline Sports Coupe BLRA-3 (what a lovely looking car). 94bhp ie stock hp, I have added some susp & tranny upgrades + NOS set at 75, ASM/TCS off, N1 & N3 tyres + 25 ballast.

Wel... there are options.

1) Put on Power, up the ballast to compensate
2) Change to N2s, up the ballast to compensate
3) Try a different lineup... I used the Skyline and went against
Alfta, GTA, Merc 300SL, '54 Vette, Alfa Speciale and Alfa Duetto.
With that lineup I could use N3s and 60kg ballast to get 200p.

I pretty much just had to deal with 300SL who isn't nearly as nimble as the Elan S1 which makes blocking him much easier Of course, that was Lineup #26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back