200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So the Suzuki K-car is off the non-200 list......

I just finished them using the above mentioned Alto Lapin Turbo, with N1's/Ballast/NOS(vital)/Custom Suspension/Transmission + 9000 miles.

for which I got 200 against this line-up (9th or 10th from reset, for those who count that sort of thing....)

Alto Works RS-Z
Alto Works Suzuki Sport Ltd
Kei Works
Cappuccino '91
Cappuccino '95

The Cappuccino's are the threat, and the NOS and close gears are essential or the thing will just not accelerate. Still, that's an extra 84 points! Please tell me these are the last ones........

New total 111,809

That's got to be it? Hasn't it? I've been wrong so many times now I've lost count......... :nervous: :dunce:

route_66
Ok. So the Suzuki K-car is off the non-200 list......

I just finished them using the above mentioned Alto Lapin Turbo, with N1's/Ballast/NOS(vital)/Custom Suspension/Transmission + 9000 miles.

for which I got 200 against this line-up (9th or 10th from reset, for those who count that sort of thing....)

Alto Works RS-Z
Alto Works Suzuki Sport Ltd
Kei Works
Cappuccino '91
Cappuccino '95

The Cappuccino's are the threat, and the NOS and close gears are essential or the thing will just not accelerate. Still, that's an extra 84 points! Please tell me these are the last ones........

New total 111,809

That's got to be it? Hasn't it? I've been wrong so many times now I've lost count......... :nervous: :dunce:

I bet there are more points to be had! :) :nervous:

The last contribution (so far) to take a-spec's to the max is mine. I'm happy. :D
Good job, Route_66, I'm burning my Lapin right now.

JUMUNGUS
The last contribution (so far) to take a-spec's to the max is mine. I'm happy. :D
Good job, Route_66, I'm burning my Lapin right now.

Yeah, so far......that's the part that concerns me..... :yuck:

route_66
New total 111,809

I liked the other number. 111,725 at least had a touch of symmetry to it.
111,809? WTF is that :indiff:

jdw
I liked the other number. 111,725 at least had a touch of symmetry to it.
111,809? WTF is that :indiff:

Im sorry guys, but I cant see PD ending with such a strange #. I bet the final # is 112,000 a nice round number.

Find the extra points guys! :yuck: There must be ways to get the main bearings blown on the cars that don't give 200 points, or cars we are missing (not thinking about) like the Lapin. :)

Did the Suzuki K car cup last night the Altin Lapin turbo only needs about 4500 miles against the line up Route 66 suggested and thats where my missing points were.

Only 1 race left to do Roadster 4 hour endurance which looks a nightmare any tips on tuning the Mazda MX5 please.

I thought I went a little crazy getting 100,000 points, but you guys are truly insane 👍 I decided to stop when I got 100,000 points but I view this thread everyday just to see where you guys are at. You guys are truly fanatics. Kudos to all that are still trying to get more!

Hey guys! I need to know the best way to kill a car for max points?

Is it, keep it at red line for a long period of time? More miles on the clock? I want to know the fastest way?

I am just starting to kill my cars now. Working on the S7 and I don't see smoke from the exaust yet. Trying to get more F1 cars while doing so.

Thanks

slotcarrod

Is it, keep it at red line for a long period of time? More miles on the clock? I want to know the fastest way?

I am just starting to kill my cars now. Working on the S7 and I don't see smoke from the exaust yet. Trying to get more F1 cars while doing so.

Thanks

My way: (I think this is a fast as I could do it) - Buy Max turbo/NA kit available, custom transmission and R tyres. Fit them. Set the gears so the top speed is in the redzone, on the limiter. Give it to Bob, let him do a few hundred laps at x3 speed, check it again, move the gears so the top speed is on the rev-limiter again, rinse, repeat until you get the necessary number of miles.....9000/10000 if you need max wear..... 👎 If you've got a better way (ANK? anyone?) please let me know! actually.....don't, I've done all mine now so I don't want to know! :yuck:

slotcarrod

Thanks
Well, I posted what I did to my Saleen here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1778325&postcount=761

I’ve still not touched it since, I’m working at getting all the prize cars now, and at about 80% complete, but I believe you need to keep running it an black oil in the max RPM area till you get it at 90.25% original power.

If you want to run it down fast, take it to the large test track and let it fly. In B-Spec, you can take it like Route 66 pointed out running it in the red. However, it looks like you want to collect the Formula colors as I do. My first run with the first lineup on Nurbringring 24hr was a breeze with the S7, however, after loosing some power, I had to add some power so I went for max NA for the run to insure the win. It is important to have proper pit timing, or you can continually miss the pits with the Saleen. I found default suspension, R2 tires, and a B-setting of “2” to work right for me.

I believe the maximum you can run a car down is to 90.25% (95% of 95%) of it’s original value. I figure the Saleen can be run down to 503 or 504 PS (~496 HP.) I use PS as my indicator because that is what you see in the garage select and ‘change parts’ even though it says HP. Mine is now down to 534 PS but I changed the oil before my last 24hr race. I now have 10130.8 miles on it, after winning 4 Formula’s with it, and the S7 Club once.

Theoretical Saleen Power Math:

New Saleen PS = 558
With oil change = 586 (558 x 1.05 = 585.9)
Max wear with new oil = 557 (585.9 x 0.95 = 556.605)
Max Wear worst oil = 504 (558 x 0.95 x 0.95 = 503.595)

Assumption… oil light comes on at 95% current clean oil value?

Note that max wear w/oil is close, but not equal to the new value. It is at 99.75% ( 1.05 x 0.95 = 0.9975.)

Although I have not tested the car power math on more than a few cars, I believe it holds true for nearly all. Of course, GT series always seems to have some cars that don’t fit the mold.

slotcarrod

Thanks

Go with what Route 66 said thats what i did and it seems to be the fastest way to wear the oil out.
How many points do you have now?

ANK
Go with what Route 66 said thats what i did and it seems to be the fastest way to wear the oil out.
How many points do you have now?

Thanks 66, Wild and ANK for all your help again. You guys are the best! 👍

I am using Wild Cobra's method on the Ring at this time, but I think I can only use the S7 this way. I may try the Lotus in 1000 miles over and over again to wear it out. I wonder if there are any other cars I can wear out on enduros? I like to get prize $ and cars for Jaques time spent on the track. ( He is an expensive driver! ) No, Im greedy! I want all the F1 cars as well!

You will get a laugh out of this! :)

I got home yesterday looking forward to getting 200 points with my S7, it was running 24hrs at the Ring for the second time and just ended. I ran in the house and the game was running, my kids were out and all was ok, so I went to use the bathroom. When I came out my young boy was cleaning up around the house. I thought! "This is strange, he will never do anything around the house. " He says" I'm sorry Dad I bumped the game and the power turned off." Doh! :ouch: :dunce:

The Lesson: Save before you flush. :)

I am only at 102,900+ points, I was working on my gold over the weekend.

slotcarrod
You will get a laugh out of this! :)

I got home yesterday looking forward to getting 200 points with my S7, it was running 24hrs at the Ring for the second time and just ended. I ran in the house and the game was running, my kids were out and all was ok, so I went to use the bathroom. When I came out my young boy was cleaning up around the house. I thought! "This is strange, he will never do anything around the house. " He says" I'm sorry Dad I bumped the game and the power turned off." Doh! :ouch: :dunce:

The Lesson: Save before you flush. :)

Hahahahahahahaha.....no, no, I'm sorry for your loss, really, it's just.....hahahahahahahahaha. Genius. I hope you made him clean the whole house for you......

Oh man, YES, YES, YES,

I finaly beat the Nurburgring on Schwarzwald league B! :)
It took a new Audi IS4 '04, a racing chip, new oil to get to 356 HP and hard sports tyres and NOS ....
a lot (and I realy mean a lot) of blocking a BMW and a Merc to beat this race with a margin of 0,119 in front of the M3!

The line up:
SL 600 '04
E55 AMG '02
SL 65 AMG '04 (the toughest and roughest :nervous: one)
CLK 55 '00
M3 '03

At first I got scared of the line up :nervous: but after just loosing my first try by a little over 1 sec I activated the racing chip for 10 HP extra and still found myself in a 200 pts challenge, next try, bingo, 200 pts are here.

Thank you all for your help and inspiration to get this done, after completing this one (and it took a lot of practice on the Ring to bring my laptimes down to around 8'03.867) I'm realy convinced I can do it. So on to the next 200 pts.

SjefGielen
Oh man, YES, YES, YES,

I finaly beat the Nurburgring on Schwarzwald league B! :)
It took a new Audi IS4 '04, a racing chip, new oil to get to 356 HP and hard sports tyres and NOS ....
a lot (and I realy mean a lot) of blocking a BMW and a Merc to beat this race with a margin of 0,119 in front of the M3!

The line up:
SL 600 '04
E55 AMG '02
SL 65 AMG '04 (the toughest and roughest :nervous: one)
CLK 55 '00
M3 '03

At first I got scared of the line up :nervous: but after just loosing my first try by a little over 1 sec I activated the racing chip for 10 HP extra and still found myself in a 200 pts challenge, next try, bingo, 200 pts are here.

Thank you all for your help and inspiration to get this done, after completing this one (and it took a lot of practice on the Ring to bring my laptimes down to around 8'03.867) I'm realy convinced I can do it. So on to the next 200 pts.

Well done only another 100,000 and your nearly there 👍 👍

SjefGielen
Thanks Route :ouch:

I know, I've still got a (very) long way to go, but eventualy I'll get there :)

Eh? What did I do? I never said nuffink guv, wasn't even there, didn't see nuffink and even if I did I wasn't looking. Honest.

For those who like a challenge, I've got a new one (although the real credit goes to Jdw!) :- Sarthe 24hr I and Sarthe 24hr II - Chapparal 2J, Stock, R1's 200 pts vs All Group C/LMP line-ups. It's wobbly, but it can do it.........

I'll be doing a write-up for it at the weekend......I really have too much time on my hands.

route_66
Eh? What did I do? I never said nuffink guv, wasn't even there, didn't see nuffink and even if I did I wasn't looking. Honest.

For those who like a challenge, I've got a new one (although the real credit goes to Jdw!) :- Sarthe 24hr I and Sarthe 24hr II - Chapparal 2J, Stock, R1's 200 pts vs All Group C/LMP line-ups. It's wobbly, but it can do it.........

I'll be doing a write-up for it at the weekend......I really have too much time on my hands.

wooops, soory I meant ANK

route_66

You certainly have! If you've done 2 x 24hr races in the Chapparal already when jdw only mentioned them on Monday night, that's incredible! Do you not need sleep?!!!!!:eek:
I'm still on the same 24hr race I started on Sunday! Should finish today though!

Smallhorses
You certainly have! If you've done 2 x 24hr races in the Chapparal already when jdw only mentioned them on Monday night, that's incredible! Do you not need sleep?!!!!!:eek:
I'm still on the same 24hr race I started on Sunday! Should finish today though!

Weeellll.. I haven't done them to a finish...just a good few tests at a few hours each, to get me in the mood for this weekends full on run - Had to get 200 pt settings, test a few cars, that sort of thing - Will be taking it on this weekend....hopefully in four 6hr stints (pretty much everyone I know is on holiday this week, so I've got nothing to do!)

ANK
Did the Suzuki K car cup last night the Altin Lapin turbo only needs about 4500 miles against the line up Route 66 suggested and thats where my missing points were.

Only 1 race left to do Roadster 4 hour endurance which looks a nightmare any tips on tuning the Mazda MX5 please.

This race is, and I can certify this, imposssible to beat with the setup Route has provided. I tried it, and even when I switched to N3s, the CPU cars still were 3 secs faster by lap than me. I can conceive Route is better than me, but to the point he wins and I get blown this bad, there's a hell of a gap. I have all gold licenses, this must mean I'm some sort of good, and this would mean Route is 10 times better than me, wich is hard to believe.

Don't want to call you liar, but I'm skeptic as hell on this one.

Lambo88
This race is, and I can certify this, imposssible to beat with the setup Route has provided. I tried it, and even when I switched to N3s, the CPU cars still were 3 secs faster by lap than me. I can conceive Route is better than me, but to the point he wins and I get blown this bad, there's a hell of a gap. I have all gold licenses, this must mean I'm some sort of good, and this would mean Route is 10 times better than me, wich is hard to believe.

POST EDITED: Was in a bad mood, so you got a face full of wrath, I've calmed down now. The race is possible. I am not the only person to have done, ANK and JUMUNGUS have too, it isn't even that hard. Excuse my temper.

BTW, I am that good. :sly: :sly:

EDIT: This was my setup: N1 Tyre's/NOS (full power)/200 ballast/Custom Transmission (Autoset 4/5)/Custom Suspension (Spring Rates + 2.0kg, ride height at minimum, Dampers at 8/8 Bound and Rebound, Stabiliser at 5/5) + 9000miles where. The Cappuccino's started 4th and 5th. I'll say it again. 200pts. IT CAN BE DONE.

Of course it's possible. I've got 200 in the first race, with just 2 golds in licenses :)
I tried the other two and they are really difficult for me (specially the one in motorland), but the points are there. We only have to drive properly to get them, as Route and Ank have done.

Smallhorses
I'll say this before Route_66 does.
MORON :dunce: :dunce:

Dude, don't even bother... he's an idiot and we all know it, so just ignore him.

Lambo: I did a 178/178/163 point version of that race in a used Wagon R (no oil) on N1s with nitrous and ballast. Considering N1s are the most serious obstacle in this series I'm sure it can be done. I can't imagine the 200p version is much more difficult that this. A note on DPM... you do need to wall ride/smack the hairpin to make it and there may some dipping the tire in the grass to help turn? In other words, a little "creative" driving is called for.

I gave up on DPM and went with N2 tires just because it was too frustrating. But I'm sure it can be done.

Lambo88

Are you talking about Suzuki K car cup or Roadster 4 hour endurance?

Thought i had got the Roadster endurance sorted last night started on N1/N3 tyres pitted after the 1st lap changed to N3/N3 tyres then used NOS to catch everyone again. Caught the leader and still had half my NOS left and thought everything was looking good. The 1800RS seemed to be the main competition but could block him quite easily, even if he got past i could normally use him to my advantage at the next corner and get back to 1st place. Then it came to the pit stops i was pulling quite a good lead on the rest of the field but i could not afford to let the 1800RS past so i had to go for the same pit stategy as him which meant doing the last 4 to 5 laps on virtualy red tyres.
To cut a long story short i managed to keep ahead till the last round of pit stops using a bit of ramming and depleting the remaning NOS. The 1800RS pitted with 6 minutes left of the race and the nearest car was only about 10 seconds behind me so i had to try and ride out the last few laps on totaly red tyres.
I got caught going round the last bend on the last lap and got rammed out of the way ended up losing by 1.2 seconds :ouch:
Will try again this afternoon after work and see if i can close the gap hopefully by about 2 seconds :)

macho3
i'm the new king of A-SPEC i have 111854 points, to get 45 extra-points is secret hahahahaha

Bwa-hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha........(*breathe*)......bwa-hahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha......(*breathe*)....bwa-hahahahahahahahahah

Thanks matey, you've made my day. Better go and find those secret points hadn't I?
:D

muppet.

EDIT: ANK That's gotta suck...........but the finish line's in sight, so to speak! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back