200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANK
On Le Mans i used a used Honda S600 with no oil change stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 58 ballast with gear ratio set to 5.
I think this looks like the car to win all 4 races.

So you got one for the series then? Excellent, well done mate.

Thanks ANK! I hope you know I was working with the VW Karman Ghia.

Is is the S600 fun to drive? With the VW every lap feels like a gold in a super licence test! No room for error!

Wild Cobra Z28 : I wonder how the Black Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo rated in the Formula Gran Turismo race? 60 points? More? Less?

I just called my kid at home and got him to try it. It gives 60 points as well. Sorry!

FINALLY, I quit dinking around and beat Nurb 4h!

I really wanted the DeLorean to work so I tried a few different lineups but it's just... not fast enough. Next up was the Crossfire which definitely *can* win and would make for a fairly exciting race (I was only 1.5 seconds up on an RX-8 S for 3 solid laps) but... it's just, I don't know, it's boring :indiff:

The Crossfire is solid, dependable and understeery (odd for an FR car but it is). But it's uninspired and I was afraid I'd fall asleep 1/2 way through the race.

So, I went back to the Clio. How could I have possibly doubted the Clio? :dopey: 👍

The first time I used it I tried to conserve the tires to make a 5 lap pit schedule. Why you ask? Well, because the Vette Grand Sport was on a 6 lap schedule and most of the other cars were on a 5 lap schedule. A 4 lap schedule == 3 more pit stops than the Grand Sport. That's a minute and a half I have to make up. Not pretty.

But I said to hell with it. Options are running thin so it's time to give it another try. Although this time I purposely avoided the Grand Sport and went against:
M3, M3 Coupe, Evo 8 MR GSR, Lancia HF, Cobra.

WOW :eek: Unbelievable car. Very, very smooth. A bit delicate but nothing like that bucking bronco of a Stratos. And it's faster than both the Stratos and Crossfire (by a full 10-15s per lap!) The Evo was the fastest but was on a 4pit schedule. I ended up winnning by more than 2 minutes. Two laps just a hair under 8'10. A couple more laps at 8'12 and most in the 8'15 range.

SO. There are 4 cars I know can win this race stock for 200p.
1) The Clio 24V (no oil) - the easiest
2) The Stratos - wild, requires nerves of steel, a light touch and incredible focus and... you'll probably be stuck in a 3 lap pitting schedule if TCS is off.
3) The Crossfire - good for excitingly close races but not for exciting driving
4) The S2000 Type V '01 (no oil) - Smallhorses used this w/an oil change. Excellent car for this race but it had already been used.

jdw
So, I went back to the Clio. How could I have possibly doubted the Clio? :dopey: 👍

I am assuming you mean a Clio V6, i.e the MR one?? But - is this a Phase 3 (i.e bought brand new) or Phase 2 (bought with used oil from the used car lot)?

I have a used one, and I do quite enjoy driving it around. 👍 good car, shame they've stopped producing them now.

RenesisEvo
I am assuming you mean a Clio V6, i.e the MR one?? But - is this a Phase 3 (i.e bought brand new) or Phase 2 (bought with used oil from the used car lot)?

I have a used one, and I do quite enjoy driving it around. 👍 good car, shame they've stopped producing them now.

For NTSC these are the Clios from the full list:

Renault Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V 2002
Renault Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car 2000
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 24V 2000
Renault Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 2003

I'm using #3 which you buy used. :)

The Clio is an excellent high point car. I beat NA sports with it slightly modified. I'm thinking that it could probably win NA stock with the driving aids off 💡

Take it for a spin on the Ring and tell me what you think!

route_66
Think I'll go back and do it with this one.............. :D :D

[Feigns shock] Really? :eek: :rolleyes: :boggled: :sly: :D

I want to see a WRITEUP on that race route! I struggle to think of a race that would translate into a better blow-by-blow account than the Stratos at the 4hr Nurb.

Anyone get 200 yet on the Saleen S7 Club?

I haven't raced it yet, but after winning 3 F1 cars on Nurnbringring 24hr, I was offered 200 points with N1 and 40 (39?) kg ballast. I still didn't have the HP to the 90% level. I haven't checked my power and points since completing the ring once more, but now won 4 F1's with the Saleen and now have 5 on my active game save.... onlt 1 duplicate color. I use the ring rather than test track just to go for all the Formula car colors. My hope is to be able to use N2 front N3 back and ballast, maybe even N3 in the front too.

Call me lazy, but I found it easy to win the Formulas with the Saleen in B-Spec with R2 tires, max NA and 40kg to the front. I used 2-cruise. This was just right to pit every 3 laps. The Saleen would still sometimes miss the pitys after the curve. Took me some time to find the right combination to not miss the pits.... I set the transmission autoset to top out less than 180 then streached 6th gear for 185, purhaps more. Suspension to defaults. I don't remember what goodies are available, but I buy any suspension and drivetrain upgrades I can when I race a car.

Anyway, I think I have my Saleen down to 90% power and may now be able to beat the Saleen S7 Club for 200. Anyone get that yet? If not, another 24 hours should do it.

Come to think of it, I think I will need one more time. After my first race, I changed the oil. Then two more on that oil. I think I need to do 48hours on this oil before getting at the 90% power level. Then of course, I'll have to take the NA off for the actual race.

You know, my first run with it on B-Spec, I could do at stock power. After degrading it some, I had to add power for B-Spec to beat the ring car lineup. That's why I just went full NA, it's not a permanent upgrade and I can let it go and win as many F1 cars as I want.

Hi 66 (and anyone else who's done the SW-L in a Audi IS4 '04),

In your list it says you used the Audi IS4 '04 to beat the Schwarzwald Liga on N2's with balast. Did you use any upgrades, cause I tried a few times last night and got beaten by 40 secs. I went to practice in arcade mode and after 10 laps (which weren't that bad) I only shaved of 7 seconds.
After that I took a BMW M3 '04 around the ring and that was 9 secs faster, but still. way to slow to beat the Audi's and Mercs I had to compete in the League.

Can you recall your mods or even your laptime on the Ring, cause maybe I'm just too bad on the Ring and have to start practicing.

T.I.A.

Sjef...

SjefGielen
In your list it says you used the Audi IS4 '04 to beat the Schwarzwald Liga on N2's with balast.

Sjef...

You can get 200p with a stock Audi S4 '02 (on the S2s it came with). (I don't know if there's something different about the PAL version with these cars...). N2s are unecessary but, well, Route likes to "challenge" himself :sly:

I had to add 70kg for a 200p win against an SL 65 starting 3rd (must block him), E 55, SL 55, S4 and CLK 55. Won with an 8'08 although I'm sure an extra 10s could off of that time easily enough. The presence of the SL 65 was key to the points.

Other than that I also did with a stock M3 on S3s for 155p. No SL 65 in that lineup. Just the SL 55 and the M3 CSL. That was a sub-8 lap. S1s will get you to 175p

Point is, there are possibilites!

First the good news finaly done 1000 miles Nurburgring with the Honda S600

Second the bad news according to my list i have 2 races left to do, 1000 miles Monaco for an extra 60 points and roadster 4 hour endurance for 200 points.
These 2 races will only get me to 111,593 points 132 behind Route 66 i thought i had checked everything fairly well as i was doing them but obviously missed something :dunce:
Trying to do the last 2 races then start checking through them all again :ouch:
According to my list i will still end up 1 point behind Route 66 as i can only get 152 points on Daihatsu Midget race, what has everybody else got there?

SjefGielen
Hi 66 (and anyone else who's done the SW-L in a Audi IS4 '04),

In your list it says you used the Audi IS4 '04 to beat the Schwarzwald Liga on N2's with balast. Did you use any upgrades, cause I tried a few times last night and got beaten by 40 secs. I went to practice in arcade mode and after 10 laps (which weren't that bad) I only shaved of 7 seconds.
After that I took a BMW M3 '04 around the ring and that was 9 secs faster, but still. way to slow to beat the Audi's and Mercs I had to compete in the League.

Can you recall your mods or even your laptime on the Ring, cause maybe I'm just too bad on the Ring and have to start practicing.

T.I.A.

Sjef...

Seems like you need to sharpen your lap times then :sly:
Seriously i used a used Mercedes SL500 with no oil change stage 1 tune + 123 ballast, for some reason i have not wrote down what tyres i used so it will probably be stock tyres.

ANK
Seems like you need to sharpen yourlar tomes then :sly:
Seriously i used a used Mercedes SL500 with no oil change stage 1 tune + 123 ballast, for some reason i have not wrote down what tyres i used so it will probably be stock tyres.

OK Thanks ANK, I'll try that one too. (wish I never bought that new IS4 :yuck: It's gonna be left standing in the garage getting burried under a pile of dust cause I don't think it'll be of any use anywhere else. It's a nice car though, shame... :guilty:

Hi. The last time I saw here the list of the races in which 200 points can't be achieved, I saw that the maximum in suzuki k-car was 172, so I tried to get them. And "oh, surprise" I was given 178 points in the third race (which I couldn't win, but I was close). I used an Alto Lapin Turbo with new oil (N1 and ballast, of course), since it's not a second-hand car. So I suppose that those 178 will increase when I burn the oil. That would take global a-spec's to more than 111.750

JUMUNGUS
Hi. The last time I saw here the list of the races in which 200 points can't be achieved, I saw that the maximum in suzuki k-car was 172, so I tried to get them. And "oh, surprise" I was given 178 points in the third race (which I couldn't win, but I was close). I used an Alto Lapin Turbo with new oil (N1 and ballast, of course), since it's not a second-hand car. So I suppose that those 178 will increase when I burn the oil. That would take global a-spec's to more than 111.750

Did you try it with or without NOS?

JUMUNGUS
I tried it with NOS, I always do it. I forgot to say it, sorry.

OK, it's a shame you didn't win it. Do you think it can be won? more practice, different trany/suspension settings maybe?

SjefGielen
OK, it's a shame you didn't win it. Do you think it can be won? more practice, different trany/suspension settings maybe?

I'm not a very good driver, lots of people here could have won that race and will be able to win with burnt oil. The question is: How many points are there in those three races waiting for us? My Alto Lapin is ready to fly in the test course to answer it.
By the way, as I said, I still need a lot of practice (specially with very fast cars), but I've got 71,000 a-spec's by now, and I want to join the 100,000 club, so I'm taking this seriously. :P

JUMUNGUS
I'm not a very good driver, lots of people here could have won that race and will be able to win with burnt oil. The question is: How many points are there in those three races waiting for us? My Alto Lapin is ready to fly in the test course to answer it.
By the way, as I said, I still need a lot of practice (above all with very fast cars), but I've got 71,000 a-spec's by now, and I want to join the 100,000 club, so I'm taking this seriously. :P

That's my goal too, joining the 100k Club, eventualy, I'm now at 7600 so i've got a realy long way to go. I must say that it makes the game a lot more fun and chalenging this way, and I'm glad that a lot of people are trying to do this and some have done it, their help is very useful (thanks to all of them)
It realy makes you a much better driver, as does golding all license tests btw. I'm also working on that. Took me the entire weekend to get International B.

JUMUNGUS
By the way, as I said, I still need a lot of practice (specially with very fast cars), but I've got 71,000 a-spec's by now, and I want to join the 100,000 club, so I'm taking this seriously. :P

Yup indeedy - I intend to join, but I currently lag well behind everyone in this thread really, at a bit over 30,000. But then, i've stopped racing - I'm just running cars around the 'Ring with N3 tyres at the moment. My peugeot 106 rallye is a blast to drive, and Subaru Impreza's suddenly are much more fun. I figure that if I keep driving stuff around on N3 tyres, then N2, then N1, eventually I'll forget what its like to drive on S-tyres, and be much better. Thats the plan, I feel like Im lacking the raw talent to go very quick. One day...

RenesisEvo
Yup indeedy - I intend to join, but I currently lag well behind everyone in this thread really, at a bit over 30,000. But then, i've stopped racing - I'm just running cars around the 'Ring with N3 tyres at the moment. My peugeot 106 rallye is a blast to drive, and Subaru Impreza's suddenly are much more fun. I figure that if I keep driving stuff around on N3 tyres, then N2, then N1, eventually I'll forget what its like to drive on S-tyres, and be much better. Thats the plan, I feel like Im lacking the raw talent to go very quick. One day...

That's what I'm doing too, drive around the Ring on N2's as long as it takes to finaly get it 💡 .
What's your reason for driving the Peugeot 106 Rallye? Do you plan to enter races with it (for 200 pts) or is it just because you like the car so much?

JUMUNGUS

aaaaaaaararrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh. What did you have to tell me that for?!
off I go again. :dunce:

EDIT: Scharwzwald liga and the Audi - jdw's right, I just used N2's for the hell of it. Use S2's and a bit of ballast instead and life will be a bit easier.

SjefGielen
That's what I'm doing too, drive around the Ring on N2's as long as it takes to finaly get it 💡 .
What's your reason for driving the Peugeot 106 Rallye? Do you plan to enter races with it (for 200 pts) or is it just because you like the car so much?

I was just browsing through the dealers, seeing what took my fancy. Saw it, and thought "it has to be in white"... its supposedly a good handling car, quite small, not too much power to start on, and it was FF - I cannot, cannot drive FF cars at any decent rate, so I thought I'll find an FF I like. Drove it around thr Ring - loved it! So I went to "Race Meeting", did 16 laps before the fuel ran out. Pitted - but the game just exits the A-spec mode :ill: good fun tho. Quickest lap on N3s, with Stage 2 turbo and chip (about 170 bhp??) was 8min58.6

SjefGielen

On N1s, Autumn Ring is the easiest. Tsukuba's a bit ugly but doable. Use your nitrous to get to the front and then it's fairly easy to block on that track.

Motorland on N1s is another matter entirely. You pretty much HAVE to wallride/wallsmack in order to win. That and all of a sudden, you'll find yourself experiementing with purposely dipping your tire in the grass to help you turn.

Ugly, very ugly.

There's two other races at DPM that are very painful. Copen and MGF.

At last finished 1000 miles last night :) heres what i used.

Race 1 Nurburgring
Used Honda S600 stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 173 ballast
against this line up.

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A)
Nissan Silvia (CSP311)
Isuzu Bellett 1600GT-R
Honda S800
Mazda 110S (L10A)

Used NOS to get ahead at the start then block for 6 laps at the end of lap 6 ram the Mazda past the pits he now has to do a full lap on bad tyres if he does get in the pits on lap 6 you will struggle to do your own pit stop and get out in front of him.
Pit on lap 8 do not swap for better tyres.
Lap 13 ram the Mazda past the pit again.
Pit on lap 16 do not swap for better tyres then run for home.
Try and save as much NOS as possible only use it if a car manages to get past then just use enough to get back in front again.

Race 2 Opera Paris
Used Honda S600 Stage 2 tune race exhaust S1 tyres 154 ballast against 1st line up.
Pit stops lap 18, 36, 53, change to S2 tyres, 67, 81.

Race 3 Cote D Azur
Used Honda S600 Stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 173 ballast against same line up as Nurburgring.
Pit on lap 30 change to N2/N3 tyres then pit on lap 53, 76.

Race 4 Circuit De La Sarthe
Used Honda S600 Stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 58 ballast against 1st line up.
Just keep blocking down the long straight or slipstream if the Alfa gets past pit on lap 19.

All races could probably be won against the 1st line up but i found it alot easier aginst the other line up on Nurburgring it was alot of resets before this line up was offered.

ANK
At last finished 1000 miles last night :) heres what i used.
All races could probably be won against the 1st line up but i found it alot easier aginst the other line up on Nurburgring it was alot of resets before this line up was offered.

Good effort, it just a shame that it's necessary to be so cheap in order to win this one (I mean no disrespect, the VW also requires some deeply cheap tactics, so it's not like I did it any better! :) )

On the earlier earlier Suzuki K-car issue.....Bob has nearly finished breakin the Alto Lapin, and I checked it and it's offered 187. so there's an extra 45 for me right there. I really wish it would just end!.........(curses self for taking up stupid A-spec points mission in the first place :crazy: )

route_66
Good effort, it just a shame that it's necessary to be so cheap in order to win this one (I mean no disrespect, the VW also requires some deeply cheap tactics, so it's not like I did it any better! :) )

On the earlier earlier Suzuki K-car issue.....Bob has nearly finished breakin the Alto Lapin, and I checked it and it's offered 187. so there's an extra 45 for me right there. I really wish it would just end!.........(curses self for taking up stupid A-spec points mission in the first place :crazy: )

On the Ring, I had to hack, block, punt them in to the sand trap. My best is running them in to the wall that juts out on the straight.

It's cheap, but in some races for max points it has to be done.

ps: I love that ANK forced him to do another lap before pitting. I must try this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back