200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all. I'm new, and from Spain, so apologies for my english, i keep improving it. I've read almost all the thread, and i wish to thank Wild Cobra his greatful list. Very useful (almost to me), nice job đź‘Ť . And thanks to jdw too (where the heck is your faq? searching, searching...), for his constructive criticism and sharp observations. I like your discussion about the subject and don't think it is "out of topic", that is, to achieve 200pt races as easy as possible.
StevenDunn99
[...]
Le Sarthe: Wow the 2J doesn't like the bumps does it ? I kept going off after being in a winning position. Too many opportunities in the second half of the lap to lose it and I did ! I'll try again tomorrow. I have raised the ride height by 10, but think I'll try a bit more at the back. Tranny was 18 for Mulsanne, but after playing around I think it is better to leave 1st & 2nd stock and just lengthen 3rd. Add 10 to LSD decel, not sure if it helped. For Real Circuit I may just try to find a line up w/o the Pescarola because everyone pits except him and then it will be a breeze.
I did both events with the 2J too, except Nurburg of course. In Real Circuits i did La Sarthe with the BMW McLaren F1 on R4 without Pescarolo and Toyota 7 (they don't pit, as you said). It was vs. Sauber C9, Bentley, another McLaren and i can't remember other two, but wasn't dangerous ones, and still get 200pt.
In GT All Stars I did La sarthe with the 2J. I put LSD decel at 40. and rise heigth (both) till first line on the gauge (Âżright spell?), i.e. about 1/4 (sorry, can't remember numbers). It was a bit difficult, so in Real circuits i switched to the BMW
StevenDunn99
Biggest problem though was the stupid AI, you have to stay away from those cars, they literally drive you off the road. Number of times I got rammed from behind under braking :mad:
Yes, i hate that... if i'll drive the batman's car i'll lauched them two rockets for sure :mischievous:.
StevenDunn99
Nurburgring: Ok I have not tried this yet, but if I am having trouble around Le Sarthe, what chance have I got around the Ring ? Is this doable, any ideas on other cars ? Do the other cars pit (and can I avoid pitting to gain 30 secs) ?
I did Nurburg with the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car'02 on R3 vs. Ford GT LM, Mazda RX-7 LM, Nissan R89C, Audi R8, BMW v12(i think). My fast lap was 6'26", and don't go faster cos my tyres was orange-red at finish. No pit stops.
Don't tryed yet in gt all stars but i think it can work at nurb too.

I hope this help you. See you.

Stumbled across a nice series of 200pt races at the weekend - European Hall British GT Championship, using Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 tuned to about 320hp, S2 tyres, brakes, drivetrain and suspension mod's, standard weight. My opposition was an Esprit V8, Aston (can't remember which, but it was slow and lost everywhere) and three different TVRs.

After a few resets as a result of my own stupidity and rubbish driving (I save between every race) won all of the five races. On some I could win without needing to qualify (Fuji and El Capitan) but on others it was tough trying to block the faster TVRs on the long straights. Midfield Reverse was particularly miserable, especially when I crossed the line at 0.000s in blue but I still only got second....

I really don't like this track now, the once-fast chicane and pair of bends leading onto the main straight in reverse just don't flow well for me.

If I'd only been chasing a championship win and not a perfect 1000/1000 A-spec points score then this would have been pretty easy, as the runner-up spots got shared around so my 50pts was trailed by 21, 20 and 19pts. I suppose my mix of starting on pole and from the back of the grid messed the AI up a bit.

The Esprit was a really nice drive. I might give it a go at the El Capitan or NY enduros, although a trial drive the other night showed that the Honda Dualnote could do the job there and might just get 200pts if the right AI shows up.

Got a nice blue E-Type for my efforts.

Nissan GT-R Concept (good choice) was great for the ring in both Real Circuit & All Stars. In All Stars the N92CP had a 9 second lead over me half way through the second lap, but I kept my head, tried to preserve my tyres, and then all of a sudden he was in front of me with worn out tyres. Won by nearly 20 secs.

BMW F1 McClaren made Le Sarthe a breeze for Real Circuit, and then I used it to win the All Stars as well - not easy (but then neither is the 2J). 2J has the top end speed, BMW F1 has the handling and ooh so late braking. I used R4s and added NOS. You need the NOS to accelerate out of two corners ( I can't remember their names but if you try this there are two places where the pick up isn't quick enough compared to the N92CP, you will know it, and the NOS just gives you the extra bit to stay ahead). A better setup merchant can probably overcome this by customising the whole gearbox. A close race.

I am at 76,000. Dream Car, All American and French to do (Enduros, F1WC and 1000 miles not being done unless I have to - so 7000 available there), then off to the Man Halls ( I have done a few of the easier ones already) and I have to start getting used to using Ns save a few that use S tyres.

Steven

First of all...Status on my list. I have extrapolated values for the used cars (max wear) that are not purchasable and made a few corrections to the values. I have tha values of all races except many of the manufacturer races. I'll be looking for a math function to explain power and weight changes, but it may be simpler to have multipliers at % increase points. I have multipliers for the tires. Downforce? I can do some multipliers and maybe a formula, but they seem to defy a formula. When I finish, I will start a new thread with all this info, and post the location.

myotragus
I've read almost all the thread, and i wish to thank Wild Cobra his greatful list. Very useful (almost to me), nice job đź‘Ť . And thanks to jdw too (where the heck is your faq? searching, searching...)

I'm glad it's being used Myotragus. You need to PM JDW for his list with an email address to send it to.

Here is another stat that surprised me - I am currently 90.8% complete and have raced for 2048 laps (at an average of 49 a-spec points per lap) and I still have 3916 laps (give or take a few) to go :scared:

Lots of Enduros ? Good luck. Completed Dream Car, now onto the French Champs decided the Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe is better than the 2.0 16V (thanks M_H). It needs less ballast and is tighter in the corners which always helps.

Won at Le Sarthe; I needed to block down Mulsanne and the following 'straights', eventually the Hommell got by but he doesn't like Indianapolis does he ! Couldn't believe it, went off and then came back on and clobbered the Peugout 106 behind me. Took a lot of stress out of the final bends. Sometimes the crappy AI can be your friend..

Steven

Wild Cobra Z28
[...]You need to PM JDW for his list with an email address to send it to.

Oh, sorry, i thought he had published it anywhere in the web :dunce: . Thanks for the info.

StevenDunn99
Nissan GT-R Concept (good choice) was great for the ring in both Real Circuit & All Stars [...]

I'm glad you like it. I'll try it soon in All Stars. Now i'm doing the DTM. I'm trying a 'new' config. for the famous Merc 190 Evo.: downforce to minimum and 100kg of ballast (on R2) and seems to work except in fuji.

If you plan to do All American Champioship, maybe yo want to try the Saleen S7 almost stock. A bit of ballast to get 200pt.(about 70kg) vs lineups #1 and #2 (these are hard races without NOS) or better vs. lineup #4 with 130kg. of ballast, no nitrous and R3 (or R2 and less ballast). In this lineup (PAL) there are 4 ford gt and one chaparral 2D. Easy one, that is which i did :). I'm now over 65000pts and growing.

regards.

Everyone seems to use something different for the All American Champs; Chapparal, Cobra (my likely choice), Delorean, Ford GT, but if I get into trouble I'll bear the Saleen in mind.

Steven

Just passed 80,000... Although I haven't done the Enduros, just so I know, what is the best for Super Speedway ? Earlier threads have 150pts. Has anyone improved on this; JDW, ANK, M_h, myotragus ??

Thanks

Steven

an easy way to get 200 pts.

buy an M3 CSL and race it in the free race on Tsukuba wet. You be against a viper concept (at +10 Difficulty), but due to the weather it is really a piece of cake. The Viper just wheelspins in anything but a straight line.

StevenDunn99
Just passed 80,000... Although I haven't done the Enduros, just so I know, what is the best for Super Speedway ? Earlier threads have 150pts. Has anyone improved on this; JDW, ANK, M_h, myotragus ??
Enduros are in my to do list, i'm afraid. Perhaps the black mazda 787 could do it... let me know your solution.

Regards.

StevenDunn99

Thanks

Steven
This is a quote from earlier in the thread - I am not sure who by - I think it was ANK:
Finished Super speedway 150 miles last night had to reset about 30 times to get a decent line up using. Used Mazda 787b race car no oil change R1 tyres 79 ballast gear ratio set to 13 200 points against this line up
Peugeot 905 race car
Sauber Mercedes C9 race car
Nissan R89C race car
Audi R8 race car
Nissan R92CP race car
I had to to force the Peugeot 905 into a spin as soon as i caught him the damn car pits only once other than that every car was lapped once or twice.
EOQ

I think the most important thing is the pit schedule of the oppposition - I know that the 88C-V, and the two Nissans can be beaten (from doing the GTWC) but any that don't pit often will beat you.

Based on Wild Cobra's list of a-spec indexes the ideal linup would contain 5 of the following cars - the more from the top the better:
Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car
Nissan R92CP Race Car
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car
Nissan R89C Race Car
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car
Audi R8 Race Car
BMW V12 LMR Race Car
Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020)

All of these are ranked higher than the Peugeot so it should be possile to get 200. I think I recall that the Jag is not good on tyres - could be wrong though. My experience of the Bentley is that it is not much of a danger. I don't know about the BMW or the GT-One.

Might try to see what I can do on the week end - I only have 8 points for this race and have been wanting to clean it up for a long time.

I don't know if this has been said already but I just won a 200pt race in the El Capitain endurance using a TVR 350c stock with oil change and stock set-up

field
motor sport elise
TVR speed 6
TVR 350c
Shelby series one
? (dont remember)
TVR 350c

Great M_h, thanks. I am now pass 83,000 and my to do list spreadsheet is now done to one page at last. Hating N1s, but I am working around this, my method is, and maybe it will help others:

Qu: I need N1s to get max pts possible but I can't drive the car with them how do I overcome this ?

Ans: Do the race with S1s first, get used to the car, make sure the car is well set up, then change to N3s then go to N1/N3s.

By set up I mean play around with; aids - setting them to 0 isn't always best, in fact if you need to rely on NOS then keep the TCS at 3-5 otherwise you'll just induce wheelspin, suspension - lower & stronger springs helps most cars, and the tranny - try to set it as low as possible without redlining top.

Steven

StevenDunn99

Thanks

Steven

The worst thing about this race is geting a decent line up.
I used the used Mazda 787b against the line up Moloch has posted. If you can get a line up similar to this without the Peugeot 905 this race should be no problem.

Hello People. I'm back........
And I have an apology to make - Particularly to ANK - 153 is a glitch. I've spent a long time trying every possibility to achieve it again on a mates copy - and I can't do it. I tried my copy on his PS2 and, I can't do it. I tried his copy on my PS2 and I can't do it. Soo...... I've fluked it. It's a random bug probably due to my knackered PS2 (which requires a head clean everytime I try and run anything) and slightly-suspect-ask-no-questions-copy of the game (anybody who buys games from a certain North London Emporium will no what I mean) Photo proof soon....but it's pretty irrelevant now, my score is tainted and I am disappointed. I will resign as King (Do kings resign?).

EDIT:\ Moloch, Jdw, Wild Cobra - Jeez' that's some serious effort. Round of applause Gents, round of applause.

route_66
I will resign as King (Do kings resign?). 111,813.
Kings abdicate - but I do not think it is warranted - kings are supposedly touched by the hand of god and it would appear that something analagous has happened to you. You have been marked and singled out as something special by the awarding of 153 for the Midget race - so enjoy it and stop with all this bs guilt trip.

route_66
EDIT:\ Moloch, Jdw, Wild Cobra - Jeez' that's some serious effort. Round of applause Gents, round of applause.
Thanks, but it is jdw and Wild Cobra that deserve the applause. Their combined work should ensure that the 100,000 club becomes very large indeed. Now that I have done it I know how much easier it would have been (not the driving part but the finding of the right lineup and car part) with the info they have provided.

EDIT: btw, welcome back :cheers: - its been a while.

Welcome back 66! :cheers:

Can you help me with the Copen race?? I am on NTSC (North America), I am only getting 164 points with old oil and 4 AT's in the race. Moloch can not get 166 points as well! What the hell! :confused:

I am only missing the 6 points and I'm done. :banghead:

Hapul
an easy way to get 200 pts.

buy an M3 CSL and race it in the free race on Tsukuba wet. You be against a viper concept (at +10 Difficulty), but due to the weather it is really a piece of cake. The Viper just wheelspins in anything but a straight line.

@ members of the 100KClub - are the ASpec points awarded on free-race (as seen above) counted in total AS ratio?

route_66
Hello People. I'm back........
And I have an apology to make - Particularly to ANK - 153 is a glitch. I've spent a long time trying every possibility to achieve it again on a mates copy - and I can't do it. I tried my copy on his PS2 and, I can't do it. I tried his copy on my PS2 and I can't do it. Soo...... I've fluked it. It's a random bug probably due to my knackered PS2 (which requires a head clean everytime I try and run anything) and slightly-suspect-ask-no-questions-copy of the game (anybody who buys games from a certain North London Emporium will no what I mean) Photo proof soon....but it's pretty irrelevant now, my score is tainted and I am disappointed. I will resign as King (Do kings resign?).

Welcome back Route 66 it is good to hear from you again :)
I think Slotcarrod deserves a mention in your sig as he seems to have as many points as his copy of the game will offer.

Amar212 - No. To check just look at your status screen in Aspec.

I completed Citroen, BMW 1 series and MGF last night. On my chart the only non-maxes (200 or highest stated on this board) are N1s at Motorland. I just can't do it with N1s at that track. Those races; Copen & MG were with N3s. Still my target is more modest, I will stop at a round 100K.

Over the next month I have 2.5 weeks away on business so although I will have access to the board my playing time will be severely restricted after Saturday. But when I get back in October I hope to be over 90K.

regards

Steven

ANK
Welcome back Route 66 it is good to hear from you again :)
I think Slotcarrod deserves a mention in your sig as he seems to have as many points as his copy of the game will offer.

Agreed.

Moloch_Horridus
so enjoy it and stop with all this bs guilt trip.

Agreed.

Slotcarrod - Is the Copen an NTSC thing? I don't remember 166 being particularly tricky - 10,000 miles VS 4 DT's right? I have the PAL version so I don't know if I'm any help......I'll have a look into it for you.

route_66
Agreed.

Agreed.

Slotcarrod - Is the Copen an NTSC thing? I don't remember 166 being particularly tricky - 10,000 miles VS 4 DT's right? I have the PAL version so I don't know if I'm any help......I'll have a look into it for you.

I think it is a NTSC Thing!

I am asking any other NTSC people, please try the Copen Race with old oil, 200 balast and N1 tires against 4 AT's? DT's? ( the faster one ). Please let us know how many points you are getting.

slotcarrod
I think it is a NTSC Thing!

I am asking any other NTSC people, please try the Copen Race with old oil, 200 balast and N1 tires against 4 AT's? DT's? ( the faster one ). Please let us know how many points you are getting.
I have the same problem with my PAL copy - I have put at least 30,000 km on my copen and cannot get past 164. Very annoying - the last 7-8,000 km were added with max power and the shortest gears possible. I lost interest when that didn't work, and as I really don't think I could get the points at Driving Park: Motor Sports Land II or Autumn Ring Mini, the motivation was not really there.

A mixed bag last night... the Mini Battle at New York, my goodness is that hard or what ? Due to the high start speed one CooperS is gone even with line up#3. As my goal is the more modest 100K I ended up using N3s and a stage 1 (shock horror) for only 117 pts ! Really spoils the look of that line in the spreadsheet. Beginning to appreciate you 110K guys and I'm not a bad player :bowdown: :bowdown:

My days hit 2072 and the used Clio became available in the Used Car Lot for the Clio Cup. I had a great race at Deep Forest, and El Capitan was fairly good as well but the AI's poor performance here takes off a little shine. Back to that tomorrow, at least if I have to qualify (Motegi ??) then I have the last races in the series completed.

regards

Steven

Moloch_horridus
I have the same problem with my PAL copy - I have put at least 30,000 km on my copen and cannot get past 164. Very annoying - the last 7-8,000 km were added with max power and the shortest gears possible. I lost interest when that didn't work, and as I really don't think I could get the points at Driving Park: Motor Sports Land II or Autumn Ring Mini, the motivation was not really there.

I had the same problem with the 2CV i put about 7000 miles on the clock and the oil light had not come on. The problem was i had shortened the gear ratio to do the race first time round.
What i did to wear engines out was max the cars power out then set the gear ratio to the widest possible that still got the revs into the red line.

ANK
I had the same problem with the 2CV i put about 7000 miles on the clock and the oil light had not come on. The problem was i had shortened the gear ratio to do the race first time round.
What i did to wear engines out was max the cars power out then set the gear ratio to the widest possible that still got the revs into the red line.

This is what I do to wear out all my cars. It just is not working for the Copen! :ouch:

Thanks for the advice though! đź‘Ť

ANK
Yes - I learnt all about wearing cars out on that damn 2CV - I put 100,000 km on 3 2CVs before someone - I think it was you - told me it had to be run in the red line. Probelm solved - but not for the Copen - there is something else going on but it is not something I will be trying to work out for a long time.

Wow! I've won my first 200 in one of the F1 races, in high speed ring (the easiest one, I guess) with the Audi R8. It's the first time a win against formulas in a-spec mode, actually. I'm happy. :D
I've got 101,952 points by now. It was hard to reach 100k, very frustrating sometimes, but now that I've done it, I'm just having fun with the rest of the races. However, I don't want all the points. 24h enduros are too much for me, althoug they don't seem to be very difficult... And there are some races in several countries that are really hard for me (N1 tyres, you know). I still have to do 6 driving missions to complete the game, so there are 1500 points there. I think 110k is my goal.
And of course, I would have never been able to do all this without your help and advice.
THANKS!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back