200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moloch_horridus
Yes - I learnt all about wearing cars out on that damn 2CV - I put 100,000 km on 3 2CVs before someone - I think it was you - told me it had to be run in the red line. Probelm solved - but not for the Copen - there is something else going on but it is not something I will be trying to work out for a long time.
Remember as you wear the car out, it will have 90.25% starting power. I add all removable power goodies and gear it for staying in the lower red without exhast or chip. Then I add these back and do 1400+ B-Spec laps on the Test Course at 3 times speed. The added HP allows the car to go 1400 laps in a shorter perion of time. Once you do all the races, shouild have about 10 million credits anyway, right? I think I still have 16M+ but did the Nubringring 24hr several times in B-Spec to wear out the Saleen and get multile Formulas.

Had a 1am conference call, so got in some good play time beforehand. Reached 90,000 - 10,000 to go, but I am away from Sun-Fri so I will not be joining the 100K club this week.

Qu/advice: how do you guys win races with N1s at Motorland ? I have 4 or 5 races (Copen, MG, K-Cup...) where I had to use N3s to get a result. Is there a 'secret techique' I am missing out on, or do I just suck at this track. I appreciate it may be the latter.

Thanks

Steven

Think this is meant to go here.

Ok I've just Won the NR-A Roadster Cup (Mazda)
In a Mazda MX-5 S Special With 130Bhp (Replay Screen) carrying 78 (kgs??) extra weight

I managed to Get 200pts from all the race's within, with the sole exception of the TokyoR246 where i got none (Came 5th). Any tips too win this 1 Lap race? The only thing i can think of is Qualify with easy then bring down the HP to get back to 200. But then your fighting ALL the cars for the entire lap where they completely overpower you.

Nice lists Wild Cobra!

So I guess that list, when ordered, also forms a ranking of how fast the cars in the game are supposed to be - the F1 being 1st, the Sauber 2nd, then the R92CP etc.

I just ran into this myself.
I took the Ram Hemi onto Chamonix, just to see what would happen with the big land yaght.
turned into a 200 Pt raice, and I actually whooped up on the Quattro on both foreward and backward runs. weird.

StevenDunn99
Had a 1am conference call, so got in some good play time beforehand. Reached 90,000 - 10,000 to go, but I am away from Sun-Fri so I will not be joining the 100K club this week.

Qu/advice: how do you guys win races with N1s at Motorland ? I have 4 or 5 races (Copen, MG, K-Cup...) where I had to use N3s to get a result. Is there a 'secret techique' I am missing out on, or do I just suck at this track. I appreciate it may be the latter.

Thanks

Steven

For Motor Land, you must get your inside front tire on the dirt/grass to help you turn. Set your ballast to the front and set up your car on the oversteer side with N1's or N2's on the rear not N3"s, high spring rates on the rear with soft fronts. Set gear ratios so you max out at the end of the only short straight.

It's hard but keep cool and drive a good line! I hope this helps and good luck on the other 10K! 👍

StevenDunn99

Thanks

Steven

I never bothered messing about with the suspension but as Slotcarrod said you need to use the grass to help with corners. If you can get a car on the outside of you as well for a little help then thats better still.
After a few practice runs it is surprising how fast you can get round the corners on those stupid N1 tyres.

I've got 3 x 200 at k-car cup al last. The key is to set transmission on the rear (N3), since the lapin turbo is 4x4 and it can be done (this is also very useful at TT cup in audi). If you do this, those races are not only possible, buy even easy. Gears to the very minimum and 100-NOS at k-car.

Extreme Hall / Like the Wind - Fully modded Yellow Bird w/ nos & all. 200pts. It's so cool to draft & pass the R8...at least that was the front runner when I ran it. You have to use everything you've got but you can just get into the R8's draft and then just play with him until just before the finish line. If the AI had any brains he'd just have to keep you out of his slipstream until the speed blast from the final drop of nos wore off, the bird can't catch him w/o the nos but it can draft with him. To bad you can't sell the VW Nardo prize car...you have to give it away.

Extreme Hall/Like the Wind? mmm... This is the easiest 200pt race yo can ever do :sly: and you don't need nitrous at all. Any car that reaches 360km/h can do it.

For instance, Gilet Vertigo stock on R1 tyres. Set gears to 18 and take care of the ¿how do you say "rebufo"? ¿streamline? ¿draft? (i hope you understand me) Fun race.
Or a tunned Cadillac CIEN, etc.

regards.

I just completed Gran Turismo All Stars with a VW Nardo - 200 A spec pts for every race. You need a turbo upgrade (I think you can only get #3). I tuned with the transmission for various races and make sure you have very hard and hard tires.

Can anybody recommend me a car for the 'ring 24h endurance? I've tried the BMW 320i touing car and it's way too slow. Also, I'd prefer a road car for this race. I've tried the Lotus Europa without spoiler, maxtuned and some ballast but it's about 10 seconds too slow.

bakabaka
Can anybody recommend me a car for the 'ring 24h endurance? I've tried the BMW 320i touing car and it's way too slow. Also, I'd prefer a road car for this race. I've tried the Lotus Europa without spoiler, maxtuned and some ballast but it's about 10 seconds too slow.

This is what i used.

Opera performance S2000 with new oil stage 1 tune race exhaust R1 tyres 173 ballast with gear ratio set to 10.

Aginst this line up which was number 6

Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 (JGTC)
Vauxhall Calibra super touring car
ABT Audi TT-R touring car
ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC)
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti

I did the race over 4 days and ended up winning by 3 minutes :)

Good choice of car there...

Now - somewhere lost in this thread is how to do the Supercar Festival in Professional Hall for 200pts. I've yet to find it - but here's my story so far.

Zonda C12 - 571bhp after oil change, S1 tyres: I cannot get that car to turn at all. Just doesnt seem to understand that the front wheels can be pointed in a different direction to the rears. So the Cien or Nardo in the various line-ups go flying past, leaving me to dream of winning 18pts.

I need a good handling car for this one - any recommendations please? All the other threads Ive checked are full of B-spec Brigade and idiots tuning their cars to 1000bhp (and then complaining of poor handling... :dunce: ) so no use to me.

Irrelevant point: my friend entered a Sauber C9 in the Legend of Silver Arrow Nurburgring round - and there was no SLR!! I didnt think such a line-up existed!

ANK
This is what i used.

Opera performance S2000 with new oil stage 1 tune race exhaust R1 tyres 173 ballast with gear ratio set to 10.

Aginst this line up which was number 6

Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 (JGTC)
Vauxhall Calibra super touring car
ABT Audi TT-R touring car
ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC)
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti

I did the race over 4 days and ended up winning by 3 minutes :)

Thanks! I'm going to try that one tonight :)

RenesisEvo
Good choice of car there...

Now - somewhere lost in this thread is how to do the Supercar Festival in Professional Hall for 200pts. I've yet to find it - but here's my story so far.

Zonda C12 - 571bhp after oil change, S1 tyres: I cannot get that car to turn at all. Just doesnt seem to understand that the front wheels can be pointed in a different direction to the rears. So the Cien or Nardo in the various line-ups go flying past, leaving me to dream of winning 18pts.

I need a good handling car for this one - any recommendations please? All the other threads Ive checked are full of B-spec Brigade and idiots tuning their cars to 1000bhp (and then complaining of poor handling... :dunce: ) so no use to me.

Irrelevant point: my friend entered a Sauber C9 in the Legend of Silver Arrow Nurburgring round - and there was no SLR!! I didnt think such a line-up existed!

Good to hear from you RenesisEvo. How is your points quest going now.

For the supercar festival i used a fully tuned Ford SVT-F-150 lightning.

Hope this helps :)

Are points are very important in the game? Do you really need the points for some races?

I had a problem before I was trying to play in the Professional Event Championship it tells me I have to finish the all the races in Beginer Event and Professional Events. I have finished them all and I'm the first in all of the races why is that problem is appering to me?

Hogake - Are you talking about A-spec points? They're not good for anything, just bragging rights. B-Spec points can improve your driver's skills.

Thirdeye
Hogake - Are you talking about A-spec points? They're not good for anything, just bragging rights. B-Spec points can improve your driver's skills.
What?

A-Spec points are a reflection of your skill when you strive to obtain it. B-Spec points are a reflection of your planning and selections and car setup. To get maximum of eith takes time and patience, but I think max B-Spec is far easier because you can be skillless at driving!

How do B-Spec points improve your skill? I've never seen it....

Hokage Dante
I have finished them all and I'm the first in all of the races
You haven't, somewhere you have missed one as did all the others that have had this problem (it is relatively common). Go back and check again, properly - make sure all championships won as championships. When you can enter the GTWC make sure you enter in a used R390 Race Car or 787B - excellent fun for 200 a-spec points a pop, and, imo, easier to drive than that 🤬 88C-V.

Hokage Dante
Are points important to help you enter some championships ? I mean the B-Space points
Definitely not, they have absolutely nothing to do with it

OK, I did it. I compiled various data on the A-Spec value system. I started a new thread titled “A-Spec Point Data; Values, Races, and Modifications” at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1910374#post1910374. The following 7 replies in that thread are titled:

A-Spec Point Data; Values, Races, and Modifications
A-Spec Point Work: Car Values in Alphabetical Order
A-Spec Point Work: Car Values in Order of Value
A-Spec Point Work: Tire Multipliers
A-Spec Point Work: Power Multipliers
A-Spec Point Work: Weight Multipliers
A-Spec Point Work: Downforce Multipliers
A-Spec Point Work: Line 1 Race Values

I will from time to time modify the incomplete part of the work and for corrections.

Have fun!

Added 9/26:

Touring Mars has closed the thread and until I figure out how to edit, I will put a few items here.

Most important: I listed the race value of El Capitan 200 Mile to be 1240. It should be 1340.

Downforce is a multiplier, but there is an added kink to it. The multiplier is modified by a factor not yet determined. On three cars, I found consistency with the multiplier through power changes, but the 0-60 adjustability range so far is 0.95, 0.96, and 0.97 for the three different cars. The multiplier works by taking the total of the original front and rear vs. the total new, i.e. adding 15 to one and removing 15 from the other yield the same value. I don’t know yet if the multipliers I found were different because of car class, or something else. My current assumption is since downforce effectively adds vertical weight to the car, it is a modifier to weight, or modified by weight.

Power is not a simple multiplier. Since the torque curve changes between NA, Turbo, and Super Charger, the values do to for the same power. I have lots of work ahead of me….

How did any of you get 200pts (or even 150) at Race 1, Apricot in the SL Challenge ? A secret short cut ? A really good line up ? :lol: Best I could do in that race was a measly 105.

Anyways now over 96,000... nearly there, maybe this week. I have 6 race series to go, after which (though I really don't think I'll need to) its about improving old scores, getting bad oil, or doing the longer events.

Steven

ANK
Good to hear from you RenesisEvo. How is your points quest going now.

For the supercar festival i used a fully tuned Ford SVT-F-150 lightning.

Hope this helps :)

That does, since I already have one in my garage :)

My quest is going slowly... crept past 35k last night. Struggling with any of the Classics series - Karmann Ghia too slow, everything else too fast (Corvette Sting Ray - 1pt. 300SL - 6pts). I have just got a Lotus Elan, however, and am looking forward to giving that a try. The Lotus Europa I used to win said Elan was hugely fun to drive.

havnet been around since my new uni accomodation lacks internet at the moment.. :yuck:

It's more than likely that someone's already stated this, but just to be thorough:

It is possible to maximize your a-spec points just by simply repeating the first couple of driving missions over and over.

Sounds boring, but its simplicity is overbearing.
But if you want, you can get a buttload of points by beating the FGT series in a midget. :rolleyes: :dunce:

crimson_menace
It's more than likely that someone's already stated this, but just to be thorough:

It is possible to maximize your a-spec points just by simply repeating the first couple of driving missions over and over.

Sounds boring, but its simplicity is overbearing.
But if you want, you can get a buttload of points by beating the FGT series in a midget. :rolleyes: :dunce:

No it's not possible, you only get awarded the points once.

crimson_menace

The Midget can easily beat the FGT series - beat them to being THE slowest car in the series, that is.

RenesisEvo
That does, since I already have one in my garage :)

My quest is going slowly... crept past 35k last night. Struggling with any of the Classics series - Karmann Ghia too slow, everything else too fast (Corvette Sting Ray - 1pt. 300SL - 6pts). I have just got a Lotus Elan, however, and am looking forward to giving that a try. The Lotus Europa I used to win said Elan was hugely fun to drive.

havnet been around since my new uni accomodation lacks internet at the moment.. :yuck:
Give the Honda s600 a whirl. I think that is the one I used. It was tuned of course and max ballast. Nurburgring was the only toughy. It took a few tries. I would easily take the lead and manage to hold it until the last few curves before the backstretch, just about the time my opponents tires were good and sticky. Then the Elan and Toyota 2000 would bully past me. I finally was able to prevail though. The Honda is a great little car tuned to around a whopping 70 horses.

JParker

JParker
Give the Honda s600 a whirl. I think that is the one I used. It was tuned of course and max ballast. Nurburgring was the only toughy. It took a few tries. I would easily take the lead and manage to hold it until the last few curves before the backstretch, just about the time my opponents tires were good and sticky. Then the Elan and Toyota 2000 would bully past me. I finally was able to prevail though. The Honda is a great little car tuned to around a whopping 70 horses.

JParker

Good choice of car that's what i used for 1000 miles and world classics. Sadly however you have to use the VW karmann ghia for the European classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back