200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as i thought...i just attempted Umbria 3 times (hard) with the Dodge Ram, at various settings/power, but i just barely touch a wall and i get penalties :grumpy: and it's so amazing to see that car go 120 MPH+ throught those narrow streets...without a minimal skid:tdown: and i can't go over 60 MPH or i'll smack into a wall.👎 I'd like to see the *******person who programmed this race, do that in real life (i'd enjoy watching his *ss splat up his face against the wall)?

And on Amalfi, don't even bother to hit the brakes behind the mountain (shaded)
nor soon afterwards, going down hill, there must be oil on the track :rolleyes: and just watch how quickly the Peugeot EVO II can make up 14+ seconds, after i managed to pass it with the Dodge Ram, at the first turn and it went smack into the wall (reverse course) so full o********, it takes off like a rocket :indiff: as if..

Is there other vehicles that somebody got 200 points with it ?? please!!!!

Try the Suzuki GSX. It's some kind of mini-Ram in terms of points, against powerful cars. I did every single race in special conditions with the Ram, but I guess the GSX will give you 200 points as well. It's a very competitive car.

JUMUNGUS
Try the Suzuki GSX. It's some kind of mini-Ram in terms of points, against powerful cars. I did every single race in special conditions with the Ram, but I guess the GSX will give you 200 points as well. It's a very competitive car.

It handles like its on rails - the trick is to work out how much faster it can go - I tried it at the JGTC races for 200 - and amazed myself by winning. It even managed to take 200 away from the Super Speedway round , which I really struggled with an ASL GT300 car. 👍 top motor

Elise Type72 was the car that got me 200 at all the street special conditions races. I think I was using R3s or 4s on the Hard events and a variety of power mods plus all the best drivetrain and suspension mods.

You can use this car for a lot more than the special condition races too - I think this car earned me more a-spec points than any other.

JUMUNGUS

I just tried the Suzuki GSX @ Umbria/hard, fully loaded @241HP and it awards 19 points ( i lost control downhill and got penalty, so i stopped the race) then i tried it with just a wing, nitro and R3 racing tires and it awards 119 points, but it just doesn't have the power to keep up...., i guess to get 200 points, it needs to be completly stock..:indiff:

phonypoly
I just tried the Suzuki GSX @ Umbria/hard, fully loaded @241HP and it awards 19 points ( i lost control downhill and got penalty, so i stopped the race) then i tried it with just a wing, nitro and R3 racing tires and it awards 119 points, but it just doesn't have the power to keep up...., i guess to get 200 points, it needs to be completly stock..:indiff:
Maybe not, try max weight addition, and drop to R1's or Sport tires. Downforce also makes a major Aspec hit. Try a little less or none.

Another 200 point race:

I used a nearly-fully tuned '91 Lexus GS300/Toyota Aristo in the Test Course race in the Dream Car Champsionship round. I removed the rear wing, the race muffler, and used the standard S2 tires.

With no power mods, an this otherwise well-tuned (flywheel, tranny, weight reduction, etc.) '91 GS300/Aristo can score 200 points (in two cases it was 198-199 points) in the Turbo Sports races.

If the '87 Lotus Esprit appears at Fuji, you're sunk, though. It was the hardest race of all to win with the GS.

Sure.... i pass him and just as i reach the arches, it hits me from behind, sending me into the wall and i get a penalty? The 🤬 guy who programmed this, should take some vi*gra to compensate for his lack of ...size ....🤬

This whole points rewards is too 🤬 confusing, considering, i can enter the Opel Speedster with a fully modified car and still get 200 points!!

They really 🤬 up the fun of GT 👎

Never again, will i buy a game as soon as it comes out, i will wait till i hear enough comments from others! I think all the delay in releasing this game, was because the programmer wanted to make sure he'd piss off enough people. I bet the Japanese version, is not as 🤬 up!!
If i would've seen/heard so many people complain about this game, i would've spent my $$ on something better, rather than buy this 🤬 crap! 👎 👎 ...

We get the point; why don't you just go to a forum about a video game you like?

Nobody's forcing you to get 200 points per race, complete the mission halls, or buy all 40+ Skylines.

yeah... a few more posts like that and you might find yourself banned. And with a username like phonypoly, I see that happening pretty soon.

phonypoly
Sure.... i pass him and just as i reach the arches, it hits me from behind, sending me into the wall and i get a penalty? The 🤬 guy who programmed this, should take some vi*gra to compensate for his lack of ...size ....🤬

This whole points rewards is too 🤬 confusing, considering, i can enter the Opel Speedster with a fully modified car and still get 200 points!!

They really 🤬 up the fun of GT 👎

Never again, will i buy a game as soon as it comes out, i will wait till i hear enough comments from others! I think all the delay in releasing this game, was because the programmer wanted to make sure he'd piss off enough people. I bet the Japanese version, is not as 🤬 up!!
If i would've seen/heard so many people complain about this game, i would've spent my $$ on something better, rather than buy this 🤬 crap! 👎 👎 ...

You are a very angry person! You need to calm down! Stop blasting PD! Work on silver and gold in all your licences, do all the missions! This will teach you to drive and you will have no problems getting 200 points in this race!

Good luck and just chill!

This stupid VW Karman Ghia on Nurb in European Classic Car
Championship was the hardest 200 pts i have ever driven...

Line up was:

1. VW Carman Ghia
2. Mini Marcos GT
3. Alfa Giulia Sprint Speciale
4. Alfa Spider 1600 Duetto
5. Mercedes 300SL Coupe
6. Me

I Used VW Carman Ghia
61HP (NA1, Racing Exhaust, Chip, N2/N2, NOS(100), DT/SP All,
Balast 135 -> F/R -20)

So far done with Beginer, Profesional, Extreme (not F1), Mission, American, Japan and European (didn't do 1000miles)... now on to Manufacturer races...
I'm going to do this long races at the end, for now to much time consuming for small amount of points...

slotcarrod
You are a very angry person! You need to calm down! Stop blasting PD! Work on silver and gold in all your licences, do all the missions! This will teach you to drive and you will have no problems getting 200 points in this race!

Good luck and just chill!
I agree. Chill Phony.

We all have our grievances with GT4. It has problems, but nothings perfect. To blast the game because you have not learned proper driving technique or vehicle dynamics is on you. Not Polyphony. The Ram is a very easy vehicle to win all the Special Conditions in except Umbra. It doesn't track well downhill and you have to be better than average driver on that one. It helps to add 200 ballast all the way over the rear axle also. It is the most underrated vehicle in the game. Look at my postings starting with https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1910374#post1910374. It is by the Honda S500, Fiat Panda, VW Karman Ghia and Daihatsu Midget for scoring value, yet if far more powerful than all them.

Like Slotcar and others have pointed out, better yourself with the attempting gold licensing and missions first. This will teach you the nuances of various vehocles. Win all the races for practice, prize cars, and money first then go back for the 200 points. Read what others have wrote about weight balance, suspension settings, transmission settings, TCS settings, etc. Get a Logitec wheel or other USB steering wheel if you don't have one. Older wheels are not as good as the newer ones made for GT3 and newer games. I have the first smooth analog that came out. The Logitec Gran Turismo Force Feedback. Wish they still made this version. I want another. I like the shifter and button placement over all others I have seen. I also have a newer Logitec with all the controller buttons. I don't like it as well as the specialized GT version! Same dynamics, but I prefer the GT version.

I also agree that if you maintain an angry demeanor that we don’t want you here! Please chill.

------Note to my "A-Spec Point Data" thread. I have been busy and have not lately updated it like planned. I haven't even fired up GT4 for probably a month. ---------

I had a bad reaction to the new brand of coffee my wife bought :lol:
and i needed to.. vent a little. BTW, is there a "vent forum" ? :rolleyes:
We should all make a list of "pet peeves", so that PD wont repeat them in the next GT and, less ppl will get "peeved"..? :cheers:

It's just a matter of learning the tracks and the proper settings and soon or later (much later) i'll ....learn :indiff:

I'm not sure if anyone's ever posted this.... I thought about not.... but there seems to be confusion about the A-Spec points system, so.... for those of you posting here who don't know Downforce-Weight-HP-Tires are the only things that count Suspension-Nitrous-Brake Controllers-Brakes-Transmissions-any limited slip-rollcage-yaw etc. is FREE these will NOT affect your A-Spec points at all. also note that HP will hurt your A-Spec points MORE than Weight---so if you want more a-spec points-take the lightest car you can get your hands on also note---FF,4WD,FR,MR,RR all do not affect points so your best of not using FF or even 4WD-(most of the time) if possible as these car cannot turn as well.

i post this because it seems as though many do not know.... it took me a long time to figure since the game does not explain it for you at all so don't feel stupid if you still haven't figured it out

The weird thing about downforce is that you get more points with less downforce although you can run much faster laps. :odd: Tried this today. Rear downforce at 48 = 19 points. Rear downforce at 43 = 24 points, and the car became much faster! :lol:

LeadSlead#2
I'm not sure if anyone's ever posted this.... I thought about not.... but there seems to be confusion about the A-Spec points system, so.... for those of you posting here who don't know Downforce-Weight-HP-Tires are the only things that count Suspension-Nitrous-Brake Controllers-Brakes-Transmissions-any limited slip-rollcage-yaw etc. is FREE these will NOT affect your A-Spec points at all. also note that HP will hurt your A-Spec points MORE than Weight---so if you want more a-spec points-take the lightest car you can get your hands on also note---FF,4WD,FR,MR,RR all do not affect points so your best of not using FF or even 4WD-(most of the time) if possible as these car cannot turn as well.

i post this because it seems as though many do not know.... it took me a long time to figure since the game does not explain it for you at all so don't feel stupid if you still haven't figured it out

The most important A-spec point factor you forgot to mention, the oposition.

good point! I did forget the easiest way to get a good STRONG field.
Option 1. make your car as crappy as possible BEFORE you enter low downforce-full weight ballast-the worst tires you can get-no mods to engine-(stock power)
Option 2. the exact opposite--boatloads of power-all Downforce-no ballast-super tires.
REMEMBER: once you enter and get strong field to change your settings to what should be a 200 point race--if you forget you'll be upset-on that you can trust me.

ANK, I noticed you have 111Thousand some points, soo how many races are in GT4 & how many is the maximum?i counted 538 before but I may have lost track once or twice & I figure your really close so maybe you know? so far I only have 62K-some but maybe If I have time & patience...
P.S. have you raced in practice mode? you can get 200 points 1 time only in the family cup if you race that---it's actually really easy to cause if you take 10 for hard they'll all be really good cars your opponents will

LeadSlead#2
" also note that HP will hurt your A-Spec points MORE than Weight---so if you want more a-spec points-take the lightest car you can get your hands on"

Actually Lead, if you want more Aspec points you want the heaviest car you can enter with, lower HP than the opposition and the crappiest tires you can get. All these things balanced to a winnable combination. :crazy:

JParker

allow me to clarify: a car with 500hp & 2000kg will get less points than a car with 250hp & 1000kg as far as i've seen at least the same---what im saying is, that car w/250hp & 1000kg will run faster times more often than not therefore is a better choice
note that adding 200kg usually only adds 15-20 points while adding 20-30hp takes about 15-20 points away----a perfect example is the lotus elise

LeadSlead#2
ANK, I noticed you have 111Thousand some points, soo how many races are in GT4 & how many is the maximum?i counted 538 before but I may have lost track once or twice & I figure your really close so maybe you know? so far I only have 62K-some but maybe If I have time & patience...
P.S. have you raced in practice mode? you can get 200 points 1 time only in the family cup if you race that---it's actually really easy to cause if you take 10 for hard they'll all be really good cars your opponents will

Begginer hall, 34 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 6,800 points.

Professional hall, 48 races 200 points possble in every race. Total 9,600 points.

Extreme hall, 59 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 11,800 points.

Special conditions hall, 63 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 12,600 points.

American hall, 14 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 2,800 points.

Japaneses hall, 35 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 7,000 points.

European hall, 48 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 9,600 points.

Endurance hall, 16 races 200 points possible in every race. Total 3,200 points.

America 21 races. Chrysler Crossfire trophy 3 races 182 max. All other races 200 points possible. Total 4,146 points.

Japan, 78 races. Daihatsu Copen 3 races 166 max. Daihatsu Midget 1 race 152 max. Isuzu sports classics 3 races 179 max. Subaru 360 race 1 race 144 max. All other races 200 points possible. Total 15,331 points.

Korea 5 races. Hyundai sports festival 5 races 176 max. Total 880 points.

Italy 3 races, 200 points possible in every race. Total 600 points.

Germany 40 races. Audi A3 cup 3 races 182 points max. All other races 200 points possible. Total 7,946 points.

France 25 races. 2hp-2cv classics 5 races 134 points max. Renault Megane cup 5 races 169 max. All other races 200 points possible. Total 4,515 points.

U.K 33 races. MG festival 5 races 180 points max. Triumph Spitfire cup 5 races 159 max. All other races 200 points possible. Total 6,295 points.

Mission hall 34 missions 250 points each. Total 8,500 points.

Family cup 1 race. Total 200 points.

If it was possible to get 200 points in every race then the total possible would be 113,100.

As far as i can tell there are 11 sets of races listed above where 200 points are not possible to get.

Have fun :)

Greycap
The weird thing about downforce is that you get more points with less downforce although you can run much faster laps. :odd: Tried this today. Rear downforce at 48 = 19 points. Rear downforce at 43 = 24 points, and the car became much faster! :lol:

Maybe thats because downforce = drag??
Normally the A-spec penalises you for downforce because it gives you more grip, which should allow you to corner faster. If you are going quicker without it, a) you are on the Test Course or b) something's not quite right.

Notice also that the "1 A-spec point lost = 1 pt of downforce gained" seems to hold true again... I'm still testing this, and so far have NOT found a car that disagrees.

LeadSlead#2
ANK=Crazy. so what do you do with it now?
P.S.--I really do mean that--you ARE crazy.

Moved on to other games now. I still pop GT4 in now and again and go for a sunday drive round Nurburgring.

My A-spec total currently stands at 45555... I've been very busy of late and as such, havent really set about improving on that. Plus I like the numbers :dopey:

Did my S-license last night - damn!! All I need is silver on Grand Canyon to get the second car - got 7 golds (including Nordschleife!!) and rest silver. I was rather disappointed with the prize car :crazy:

RenesisEvo
*speaking of downforce* If you are going quicker without it, a) you are on the Test Course or b) something's not quite right.
a) I was on Nürburgring and Fuji. b) I think everything is absolutely right as reducing rear downforce makes the car oversteer a bit more and that suits my driving style better. It also increases straight line speed a bit. 👍

NOTICE TO MODS

Since "200 Spec" has become a very improtant stand-alone theme here, it would be great to move it to stand-alone threads (sub-forums) like others relevant.

Also, the most-important posts about the theme should be clearly exposed (which car for races, Fizio's guide, WildCobra's work, ANK's work and so on), and some regular Q&A should be created.

Creation of "The Ultimate A-Spec 100K Club Guide" should be a new milestone for this community since it has clearly become a serious game-inside-a-game.

Just a proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back