200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
amar212
NOTICE TO MODS
Since "200 Spec" has become a very improtant stand-alone theme here, it would be great to move it to stand-alone threads (sub-forums) like others relevant.....
Just a proposal.
Off topic
@ Amar, your proposal sounds okay (I'd like that too) but it's in the wrong thread. You stand a better chance of this happening if

a. you post in the Sitefeedback forum.
b. you do some groundwork and e.g. add links to the threads/posts you think deserve their own (sub)forum.
Make life a bit easier on the Moderators to find the threads you mention.
c. You PM one or 2 moderators with your proposals

Apologies for going off topic.

AMG

If no-one has mentioned it, check out the Dodge Ram in the beginners 4x4, and clubman. You can mod the hell out of it and still get 200 points.

Chris

The use of the RAM is well documented. If you are going to try to max out your Aspec then all the information you need is already in this truly wonderfully informative thread, which I believe deserves a sticky in its own right.
(I copied the whole thread into a Word doc and then used the find function to get myself through many of the races).

Please do report on any new finds and if you get stuck somewhere, but note that this thread is not as active as it once was though myself, ANK and others still come along occasionally.

Steven

StevenDunn99
If you are going to try to max out your Aspec then all the information you need is already in this truly wonderfully informative thread, which I believe deserves a sticky in its own right.

Agreed - I think a condensed version would be an idea, to allow the info you want to be found quickly.

The thing I did to get 200 A-Spec pts was racing a fully tuned SLR McLaren (as mentioned on my signature) on the Like The Wind event against cars of the very fast LMP class. I mean goin against cars like the toyota 88C-V. I was draftin the cars to stay at top speed.

I must give a mention to The Honda Element.

This wagon/bus has won so many family cup races, at the moment the hardest being New York and the funniist being Umbria.

On Umbria Reverse it's an easy 200er but, take to the normal circuit and because of the hill section the car won't do no more than 77 - 79mph going uphill allowing Renault 5 to catch up and catch up Quickly, but need I worry...The Element has a backside as big as a bus, so he aint going around me.

rapapampam
I must give a mention to The Honda Element.

This wagon/bus has won so many family cup races, at the moment the hardest being New York and the funniist being Umbria.

On Umbria Reverse it's an easy 200er but, take to the normal circuit and because of the hill section the car won't do no more than 77 - 79mph going uphill allowing Renault 5 to catch up and catch up Quickly, but need I worry...The Element has a backside as big as a bus, so he aint going around me.

Ahh yes Ive heard many people mention the Element - why in the hell I have yet to buy and race one I do not know!! Need more spare time :crazy: and I might just get one....

Current A-spec points: 46060.

El capitan - 200miles enduro

Opera Performance S2000 '04 - dead stock, no oil change, downforce@0/0,stock suspension settings, stock gearbox, S1/S1 tires

Total Time 2hr10min07.933sec beating the Proto Motors SPIRRA by 1 and a half Laps

Best Lap 1min53.183sec

Pitted Every 14laps meaning 4pit stops

200 A-Spec Points

Field

1st place : ME (Opera Performance S2000 '04)
2nd : Proto Motors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04
3rd : TVR Cerbera Speed Six '97
4th Dodge Viper GTS '99
5th Calaway C12 '03
6th Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1(C4) '90

i got 200pts on the like the wind race using my espirit V8 fully tuned. i won with a 20 second lead. but i did get over 300mph on one straight then it averaged about 230mph for the rest of the race

Thx for the Beetle tip... it was very usefull. Yesterday I was trying with more power and S tyres and its not working...

For Lupo Cup I used Lupo 1.4 with su/dt ups, chip, race exhaust, S3, NOS, and 50kg ballast.... It's much more easyer than VW lupo GTi cup car(J) race exhaust N2 tyres 164 ballast

Fizio
For Lupo Cup I used Lupo 1.4 with su/dt ups, chip, race exhaust, S3, NOS, and 50kg ballast.... It's much more easyer than VW lupo GTi cup car(J) race exhaust N2 tyres 164 ballast

I was using exact same car yesterday as well.
I was having trouble at the Ring for 200 so settled for 170. I was wondering why the car was so slow?
I had forgotten to turn the driving aids off. :dunce:
That and too high gearing really killed me in the first half of the track. Was down about 20 seconds. I only won the 170 point race by 2.5 seconds.
I now have to go back and get 30 more points and this time without the aids turned on.

Turned the driving aids off. Won my 200 point race by 1.8 seconds.

Don't know if anyone has posted on this 200er before but the Mirage Cup in the Mitsubishi Show can be won by the legendary 1400GLX'78 more or less stock , i used a suspension refinement & nos on top of a stock engine and got 200 for every race in the minichamp . W/out nos it could be possible for some of these but you'd prob need pole & a broad beamend . yrs DLB

My small contribution.. :)

Laguna Seca Endurance in a tuned ASL Garaiya (tuned to some 300 hp I believe plus roughly 30 kg of ballast) R1 tyres.. (not incredibly close race)

NY Endurance in a stock BMW M3 CSL with 180 kg of ballast, S1 tyres.. - 200 points (quite close race for me)

Cheers!

Honda Type R races.
200 points in a 02 Civic Type R (10 miles) suspension, drivetrain mods, Nos.
Against 1 NSX add chip and S1 tires.
Against 2 NSX add chip and race exhaust and S1 tires.
(Had to set the traction control to 4 to stop the S1 tires from spinning.)
No NSX in field. No power upgrades and 200 ballast, S1 tires.
At motor sports land against a field of 2 Integras, 1 Accord and 2 Civics my MOV was + 37 seconds due to the AI Civics and Integras entering the pits on numerous occassions.

im not sure if its been posted but im not going to look through all the posts but a maxed out 95 mitsu 3000gt can smoke the lm's in "Like the Wind" for an easy 200 aspec points just set the tranny so you can cruise at 240 you might need a little nitro to catch up to the pack but once your ahead its smooth sailing

What's the deal with A-spec points? Do they give you a car, money or something for reaching some milestone? Do you only use A-spec points to prove that you are better driver, since you are winning more challenging races?

P.S. I really don´t understand how the game computes the B-spec skills. :drool:

ket01084
What's the deal with A-spec points? Do they give you a car, money or something for reaching some milestone?
No

ket01084
Do you only use A-spec points to prove that you are better driver, since you are winning more challenging races?
Not really proof, indicator perhaps - once you get a lot of them anyone who is 100% complete and has less than 10,000 of them seems like a bit of a joke. But that is all they are good for, nothing else.

ket01084
I really don´t understand how the game computes the B-spec skills. :drool:
There is a whole thread(s) on how to maximise your b-spec points - do a search, it shouldn't be hard to find.

200 points at Schwarzwald B.
Car used : BMW M3. shown at 344 hp.
Fitted suspension and Drivetrain upgrades and Nos.
Tyres used : S1.
Ballast added to get 200 points was 110 against a line up of 3 Mercedes, 1 BMW M3 and 1 BMW M3 CSL. It is about the 6th line up from restart.

Edit: Race time was 8 minutes and 2 seconds (Nuburgring) with a winning margin of about 2 seconds over the M3 CSL. You need to fiddle with the gearing to get good response down low and have enough top speed on the straight. I used auto set 7 and ajusted each gear from there. The first 3 I closed up and the last 3 I made taller. Top speed was about 280 kmh with NOS on the straight.

It's been a while (I just had to win the Champions League) but yesterday I finaly got to do a few races again. I felt like starting of a bit easy so I got a used Audi TT 1.8 and raced the Tourist Trophy 4 times, starting of on Medium Sports and working my way up (or is it down) to economy tires on the front and road tires on the back end of that flat-slapped beetle :sly:
I did surprisingly well considering that I hadn't raced for about 4 months. :nervous:

But one thing bothered me, is it just me or can you guys too not keep up with the pack without using NOS. After the Tourist Trophy I tried the Audit A3 races (yes they can make desent cars). On sports tyres and even on N3's this car realy handles like a dream and it can win any of the 3 races easily, but stock performance and on N3's you only get 111 points, so you fave to put all the extra weight on it and switch to N1's on the front to get the full 153 points with the new engine (I'll do the engine wear later). I also had to lower the suspension and play around with the tranny to keep up with the others, so far so good, but the NOSsing just feels cheap.

Can anyone win these races without NOS and if so, what settings did you use cause, I consider myself to be a decent (not very good) racer on GT4, lot's of 200 point races weren't that difficult for me, but with these, specialy the one on Laguna Seca seem impossible to do without NOS.

Still got a long way to go ... :indiff: '
9.8% game completion and 10.892 A-spec points so the average is ok :sly:
I just love these close races. 👍

SjefGielen
I also had to lower the suspension and play around with the tranny to keep up with the others...but the NOSsing just feels cheap.
My thoughts exactly. I don't scramble the field with a reset, Euro Classic Car Cup excluded, although I've always had to race an AC Cobra anyhow.

I'll take an honest 150 point win rather than 200 earned by nitrous, wall riding, corner cutting, and constantly re-setting of the race to level the feild.

pupik
My thoughts exactly. I don't scramble the field with a reset, Euro Classic Car Cup excluded, although I've always had to race an AC Cobra anyhow.

I'll take an honest 150 point win rather than 200 earned by nitrous, wall riding, corner cutting, and constantly re-setting of the race to level the feild.

I use NOS, reset the field, cut corners and drive dirty to win 200 point races if required.
I still sleep at night.
Seeing that my cars are usually running 200 kg ballast and inferior rubber to the AI, I think it is justified.
I will ask one question. Did PD add NOS / Nitrous to make some 200 point races possible?
Also on some longer races 4 laps and over, some interesting decisions on the use of NOS have to be made. Do I set it at max and use it all up at the start of the race to get to the lead, then have to defend against faster cars?. Do I set it for a moddest boost to last full race? Do you keep some spare for a last lap surge?

pupik

You seem to be implying (via the use of "honest") that all four of the things you have listed are somehow cheating (I am guessing that this was not your intention so don't take the following as a personal attack, it is just my opinion on the things you listed). Two, wall riding and corner cutting, are obvious "cheats" in that they use tactics unavailable to the AI to gain an advantage. There are a few max a-spec races that probably cannot be won without doing one or both of these (Crossfire at SS and Saleen at SSR5 are two that immediately come to mind) however, even using these tactics, they are still some of the hardest races available and wall riding at SSR5 is one of the hardest skills to master that I have come across (and I have not managed it myself). Those that have 111,813 have openly admited that they did this so it can't really be called cheating (cheating also implies an attempt to gain advantage by deception).

Regarding nitrous: I agree that it is the odd one out when it comes to performance enhancing mods and should probably lower a-spec points but then so should suspension and drivetrain mods (again these are all gaining advantage by using something unavailable to the AI). In many cases a full racing suspension will give more of a performance boost than nitrous will, a fully customised tranny is probably also equivalent especially when used with a triple plate clutch. Nitrous also often needs to be used tactically, you can't just hold the button down for the whole race and win. I think that unless you go for the completely stock win (no mods at all) you really don't have a leg to stand on regarding the use of nitrous.

Re-entering races to get a different, balanced lineup is definitely not cheating - it's a pita, and imo a design flaw (I don't know how this worked in previous GTs but I wish there was either one lineup or you could select the linup to race against especially given the difference between regions). If PD had been on the ball the first lineup would have been perfectly ballanced (or as close as it was possible to get) with all the stupid (427 Cobra vs a Fiat 500 - give me a break) lineups coming later. But they didn't so you need to find a lineup where you are not just racing against one car. There are not too many easy 200 point races and many are impossible without the right lineup. If I knew what I know now about searching for these poxy lineups I would have taken a completely different approach to the game - racing stock cars probably - anyone willing to go through the search deserves the reward of 200 points.

Well said MH.
For all said and done what is he doing in the 200 point thread if he is happy for 150.
Pupik, start your own thread, call it "150 clean A spec points", outline the rules required and you will find many of us here will post.
If I complete a race say 15 times and finish each time to get to the required field is that "cheating". No, I just like the car track/ combo. The end result is the same as exiting the race if you dont like the line up.

Wow, I can't remember who posted this one, but the hint for using the BMW 2002 Turbo (73?) was one of the best I've read. I took this beemer almost stock (only got the fc tranny and entered the Schwarzwald Liga A, man that cars handling is superb, the races were close, specialy the last one, because of the 2002's handling it can outrace new beemers and even the Audi S3! This was great fun!

I whish the Audi S4 handled like that so I could win the Liga B race on Suzuka too. My max points there stop at 119 now :grumpy: I just can't find a line-up the Audi can beat (or even get close to first place) :ouch: It just hates the N1 tyres on Suzuka!

Uncle Harry
200 points at Schwarzwald B.
Car used : BMW M3. shown at 344 hp.
Fitted suspension and Drivetrain upgrades and Nos.
Tyres used : S1.
Ballast added to get 200 points was 110 against a line up of 3 Mercedes, 1 BMW M3 and 1 BMW M3 CSL. It is about the 6th line up from restart.

I still need a 200 pts winner on Suzuka at Schwarzwald B, so:
Did you manage to win Suzuka with that M3?
Did you buy that M3 new?
Can you recall whick Mercs were in your line-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back