200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
thx...

Has anyone tried used Renault Megane for Megane cup??

Without wearing out the engine for New Megane, old one gives more points.
What do you think who can score more points compleetly weared out New or Old Megane???

The same question goes to Suzuki Alto Lapin Turbo and used Suzuki Wagon RR for Suzuki K Cup???

Fizio
thx...

Has anyone tried used Renault Megane for Megane cup??

Without wearing out the engine for New Megane, old one gives more points.
What do you think who can score more points compleetly weared out New or Old Megane???

The same question goes to Suzuki Alto Lapin Turbo and used Suzuki Wagon RR for Suzuki K Cup???

The new Megane with used oil gives more points.
The Alto Lapin turbo gives more points.

Uncle Harry
I have not entered an OLR competition, mate.
This is the 200 point thread.
Its about what is required to win 200 point races.
Parity in GT4 is 60 points, which is way too easy in a stock car.
200 point races are a challange, if I need to wall ride and use Nos to win so be it, some I cannot win yet.
If you decide not to play the game this way, then I am happy with that.
Fair enough , Uncle H . You do have a point , ive read down this thread a bit better and if you are going for 200 points in special conditions races then , well yeah , youd need some extra voodoo as the AI doles out 5secs like there's no tomorrow . rally D'Umbria is infuriating , the EVO in Hard II does this jump into a wall on the back straight that it never gets penalized for and means you have to slow to follow it . At the end of the day 200 is 200 but i prefer it to look clean in a video so i can use it as a skill yardstick is all .

I would like to thank ANK for giving me the incentive to challenge myself on Grand Canyon Reverse which I had previously completed a 200pts win.

Through ANK's numerous musings with me, I saw that I could do better, so I took the same race at Grand Canyon in the Special Conditions using the Beloved Mitsubishi CZ3 using it stock only with 230bhp.

And I am happy as I won and it ain't easy. I managed to slip through at the third hairpin without penelty and from then on, it was hold my own, taking the inside lines, covering up any holes/gaps, being easy on the throttle at particular bends.

There are places where he will take an inside line and he's gone, you won't catch him......You have to hold him, so the best move to do is to pass him early.

---

AKA Dubitup

rapapampam
I would like to thank ANK for giving me the incentive to challenge myself on Grand Canyon Reverse which I had previously completed a 200pts win.

Through ANK's numerous musings with me, I saw that I could do better, so I took the same race at Grand Canyon in the Special Conditions using the Beloved Mitsubishi CZ3 using it stock only with 230bhp.

And I am happy as I won and it ain't easy. I managed to slip through at the third hairpin without penelty and from then on, it was hold my own, taking the inside lines, covering up any holes/gaps, being easy on the throttle at particular bends.

There are places where he will take an inside line and he's gone, you won't catch him......You have to hold him, so the best move to do is to pass him early.

---

AKA Dubitup

As a matter of interest how may points do you have?
Have you set yourself a points goal or are you just doing it for the challenging races.

ANK
As a matter of interest how may points do you have?
Have you set yourself a points goal or are you just doing it for the challenging races.

I started when the GT4 site on Gamefaqs started their 200pts challenge, 'bout two months now and as yet I have only done the Family Cups and right now I am just finishing off the Special Conditions (32492 A - Spec Points) and I love it .

The cars I found for the Special Condion races are The Eliises, Audi A3 3.2 Quattro, Impreza Sports Wagon, Suzuki GSX, Honda Element and The Best One Of All..The Mitsubishi CZ3 Tarmac - Eats Grand Canyons.

My goal at this moment in time is to endure in GT4, Richard Burns Rally and Enthusia.

---

AKA Dubitup

I tuned a Volvo 240 Estate (wagon) with drivertrain mods, a Stage 2 turbo, and still can get 200 points for wins in the Beginner FR races. I also recommend a racing suspension, since the car sloshes around like a drunk under heavy braking or in tight ess-bends. You can leave the S2 tires on it. Tsukuba isn't easy, but if you add some weight and use a racing muffler, you'll compensate for the Ai which might leave you standing on the straights.

I'm also re-running the Beginner FF races, and tried out the used Toyota Carina '89. I did similar drivertrain mods, but just a Stage 1 turbo. I was really surprised how well that car handles for an FF sedan. I've gotten 200 points for three events so far, but for some reason Midfield won't give me 200 with this combo. I suppose I'm going to try the N1's, although the handling is what keeps this car in the hunt, so I'm not to eager use something worse than N3 tires.

Hi all, I m new. (to this forum) (not to GT4)

I m planning to follow ur list and to finish all 200 A spec pts too. but i ve just started. i ve just finished FF, and going on to FR cars now in beginning. (i m thinking since I can finish all gold licences and missions, this shouldnt be TOO hard) :sly:

but i havent done ths sunday cup yet. cause I cant find a 70hp Yaris. could this be i m playing the PAL version of GT4 instead of NTSC ??
pls help. :nervous:

lanevo8
Hi all, I m new. (to this forum) (not to GT4)

I m planning to follow ur list and to finish all 200 A spec pts too. but i ve just started. i ve just finished FF, and going on to FR cars now in beginning. (i m thinking since I can finish all gold licences and missions, this shouldnt be TOO hard) :sly:

but i havent done ths sunday cup yet. cause I cant find a 70hp Yaris. could this be i m playing the PAL version of GT4 instead of NTSC ??
pls help. :nervous:

Relax, it's not your PAL version of the game (it's you ;-) )
You can find the Yaris at used cars (late 90's)
This car won me a lot of A-spec points, Sunday Cup - FF Challenge - Yaris Cup (at Toyota) so it's worth it's price.

Good luck on your A-spec points hunt!

I'm having a lot of trouble at the Tokyo race in Tuning Car Championship.
I'm using an Amuse S2000 R1 @ 304BHP, racing Super Hard Tyres and 100 ballast against the 4th line-up from reset. The only real cometition is an Opera Performance S2000. I just can't keep up with him, I qualifie 1st every time, he's always second but outruns me from start.

Am I just using the wrong line-up? Can any of you recall the lin-up you were up against. First 3 line-ups have RUF's in it, so I know these are no option. I've searched for a lineup without the Opera but with the Fairlady Z tune which I can keep behind me on Tokyo although it's got al lot more power, but can't find one. Most line-ups have RUF's in them or are bad on A-Spec points without them!

Please HELP!

Try Opera Performance S2000 (274 HP) Sports Exhaust, R1, NOS 50, Driving Aids OFF, Balast 95 against any lineup ...

I cant believe theres all these cars i cant find.

I found the yaris (thanks SjefGielen 👍 ), dont know why i missed it the first time, but even after i found it. I had to put full weight on my yaris before i got 200 A spec pts on my sunday cup. anyways, now thats over and done with.

now, I cant find the Honda Life van, where can i find that ? i cant find that in the 3 diff second hand places either nor in the Honda. . is it under Honda life van or a different name ? :guilty:
or is it a car i have to win ??

Please do your homework before taking A-spec points hunt...
Use te search button to find things. Used cars lineup are changeing every 7 days.
There is a complete list of used car cycles GT4 Complete PAL Used Car Cycles List . There is also a summary of this thread I made, it's post No. 999...
Use the attached spreadsheet to track your points.

Attachments

• GT4_A-spec points_Race list_database_blank.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 45
thanks fizio. i know about the rotation thing, but i thought that was only for special cars. not cars like life van. anyways. thanks again..

will probably finish beginning, and start on professional now. :)

Fizio
Try Opera Performance S2000 (274 HP) Sports Exhaust, R1, NOS 50, Driving Aids OFF, Balast 95 against any lineup ...

WOW even when there are RUF's in the line-up, I didn't try the Opera because I thought it would be terible on points, considering the fact it's so fast, I will try this one later this week, thanks...

Now there was someone asking about tuning the Dodge Ram, I ran into some trouble this weekend doing the special conditions hall (normal) I bought some power ups and drivetrain mods, and all of a sudden my big ol' Ram wouldn't accelerate anymore. It felt like turbo lag but I didn't do any turbo upgrades so it couldn't be that. Now I remembered having read somewhere back in GT3 that by installing a racing flywheel or carbon shaft, your uphill speed could drop somewhat, I never noticed this behavior so, never cared about it, untill now, with these drivetrain modifications my Ram couldn't stand a change against the Mitsu's and Subaru's from Normal mode, I took them off (man I even took of the racing muffler because of the sound of it, the Ram sounds like it's got a real bad cold with it) and there I was, beatin' the 🤬 out of the AI again for 200 pts.
So it looks like the Ram is a big bug(ger) but in my opinion it's the only car (at least that I've noticed) to behave in a way it should do after certain modifications, so NEVER install the flywheel or carbon shaft!!!!

OK OK, I know, it sounds (and feels) realy cheap doing the special conditions hall this way, and I can't wait to have them all over and done with so I can redo them all with some street versions of ralley car's. First thing I'm goin to do on day 59x (that's when I buy the street version of the '85 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16) is race them in the 205 street version....

lanevo8
thanks fizio. i know about the rotation thing, but i thought that was only for special cars. not cars like life van. anyways. thanks again..

will probably finish beginning, and start on professional now. :)

I don't think you can find the Life Van in the used car cycle, if I remember correctly you win it in the Japanese Lightweight Cup in Japanes events!

Has anyone have some sugestions for suspension settings for VW Polo GTI in GTI Cup - Opera Paris??? It's my last possible 200pts race in manufacturer section...

P.S. Wearing out the engine is slooow...

VW Beetle 200 point races.
Bennifits of Ballast over hard tires.
Using 0 ballast and Super Hard race tires with approx 156 hp on a 2000 Beetle with NOS ( not the Cup Car) gave 200 points. The hard tires limit corner speed to such an extent that the AI only need to touch you to effectively push you off the track. I did not win which made Uncle Harry un happy and quit for the night.
Thinking about it I came up with another plan. I will add ballast and see if I can use medium race tires still for 200 points.
So keeping the power the same I start testing and found that 170 kg ballast and Race medium tires gave 200 points. The ballast did not seem to slow the car on the straights and I was able to maintain corner speed equal or higher than the AI with the medium tires.
After qualifing first I found I could easily keep the AI behind me and go on to win the 200 points per race.
(I did not confirm if 170 kg was the bottom limit for maintaining 200 point races.) there may be still a little bit more to take off.

Fizio
Has anyone have some sugestions for suspension settings for VW Polo GTI in GTI Cup - Opera Paris??? It's my last possible 200pts race in manufacturer section...

P.S. Wearing out the engine is slooow...

For the GTi cup i just reset the line up till the two slowest cars started in the lead.
Set the NOS to max and get the lead as soon as possible.

ANK
For the GTi cup i just reset the line up till the two slowest cars started in the lead.
Set the NOS to max and get the lead as soon as possible.

Yes, I did it in other races in GTI cup but Golf V is killing me in Opera...
I use the lineup where Golf I, Lupo and Polo are in the lead and Golf V is 5th.
I did 15000 km in Polo making possible 200 pts with 95 ballast + N1/N3.
Maybe I should try Exhaust upgrade and/or chip with more balast...

But at the start of the race while the AI is still driving first few corners he makes mistake in the last corner before start - finish line leaving me to far behind when race starts...

Fizio
Yes, I did it in other races in GTI cup but Golf V is killing me in Opera...
I use the lineup where Golf I, Lupo and Polo are in the lead and Golf V is 5th.
I did 15000 km in Polo making possible 200 pts with 95 ballast + N1/N3.
Maybe I should try Exhaust upgrade and/or chip with more balast...

But at the start of the race while the AI is still driving first few corners he makes mistake in the last corner before start - finish line leaving me to far behind when race starts...

Get as much hp on the car as possible then compensate with ballast.

I was doing the special condition hall normal races yesterday evening. Man, the mileage on my RAM is getting sky high:dopey:

I bet I haven't driven any car as far as that big daddy! Considering most of them are ralley km's the car should be written of by now. I've driven almost 500 kilometers (= 310.685596 miles ; good old google) and it's still scratchless. It should have been very dirty by now too I guess!

On the other hand, 500 km's for over 4000 A-Spec points is a good deal!!!! :dunce:

When you buy used car is it already weared out to the max, and is there a diference if it has for example 30k km or 50k km on the clock???

Fizio
When you buy used car is it already weared out to the max, and is there a diference if it has for example 30k km or 50k km on the clock???

I think they are totaly worn out but i am not 100% on that.
I got the Isuzu 117 with nearly 60,000 miles on it, i then put another 10,000 miles on it and it made no difference to hp or points.
This is the only used car i tried to put more miles on, so one with lower starting miles might make a difference.

I ve finished all the beginning hall now, and all of professional hall :) except the last race in professional which is the Gran Turismo Champ... :grumpy:

because I dont have enough money to buy the R390 or the 787B used, I have to win the CLK GTR from the German Touring Car race,

now this is where I m stuck. Who the F#$% can win this race with 200 A spec points with the Merc AMG 190 Evo II ?? with S2 tyres ?? even with NOS, I m still coming last. :ouch:

is there any other mods I can do to this car ? and also who ever has won this. Can you tell me ur mods, and specs of ur tunning and what you put on ur driving aids ?

lanevo8
is there any other mods I can do to this car ? and also who ever has won this. Can you tell me ur mods, and specs of ur tunning and what you put on ur driving aids ?

For this car I found it imposible to win without driving aids... try defaults...

I've searched for this but couldn't find anything. As the following happened to me in my quest for 200 pts races I'll post it in here, don't shoot me if it's not the correct place.

In the DTM series I'm using the mercedes 190 evo II touring car, I'm working my way down to S tyres, since I can't driv good times on them right now. I'm driving the championship races to be able to qualify, now on my first race I get much less points than on the other races. Last time I did the races on RH tyres I got 131 points on the first race and 152 on the rest of the races (not being able to win on Fuji)
Has this happened to anyone else, I don't change anything inbetween races!

Fizio
For this car I found it imposible to win without driving aids... try defaults...

I ve tried with driving aids. and non driving aids and everything in between, but i just cant win. I ve actually manageed to win all the races inbetween but not the Opera and the Fuji at this point.

Can anyone help ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back