200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
lanevo8
current update. A Spec points. 38742.
btw, (non important question. how come the apec points ends with 42 ?? how did i get that 2 points ?)

special thanks to AMGSLK, and Fizio. đź‘Ť

Are you for real ? What about getting 142 points ?

for some unknown reason, my PS2 suddenly cant read my GT4. so i wont be able to play for a while. :nervous: but until then...

so... this might be my last question for a while...

before my PS2 was "certified" dead !! I was playing...
VW Lupo cup:
VW lupo GTi cup car(J) race exhaust N2 tyres 164 ballast 200pts

is this really possible ? esp. in tsukuba ?? no walls, no shortscuts !!

or is it becuz i chose the blue cup car ?? :dunce:

I'm 5.7% now, with 8500 a-spec points after doing all missions, wish me luck with the 200 a-spec races :D

Welcome and Good Luck...

It's a long and hard path... but we are all with you... đź‘Ť

P.S. I sugest that you do not stick on 100% WR, it'll be wery frustrating and hell of alot of reseting...

Hi guys,
I've had a scan through the thread and updated the first post to link to Fizio and WildCobra's excellent work, but if there's anything else you think I should put in then let me know.

I'd also like to make a couple of points:

Wallriding and NOS/Dodge RAM - yeah, they're cheap tricks, but someone took a pop at using them a while back and I'd like to back ANK up by saying that even if you use every snidey underhanded piece of skanky driving you can think of, getting from 100000 to 110000+ A-spec is still a complete pain. Like ANK says, blocking and other dirty tricks don't make those last races easy, just POSSIBLE. of course most of the races don't need them, but if you can win 1000 miles in a karmann without resorting to cheap tricks then you're a better man than I.

Secondly, on a lighter note, 100% with 100% W.R. and 100,000pts has been achieved - by SlotCarRod (correct me if i'm wrong) and TigJackson clearly could have done if he wanted to (he decided to let a race slide while amassing B-spec points). By all means go for it, but be warned - it makes a long hard road longer and harder!

Ok, I asked in the main forum but nobody replied. What other car besides Chaparal 2D did you use in All American Championship race 3 (New York) for 200pts ?
Anybody ?

Saleen S7 almost stock. A bit of ballast to get 200pt.(about 70kg) vs lineups #1 and #2 (these are hard races without NOS) or better vs. lineup #4 with 130kg. of ballast, no nitrous and R3 (or R2 and less ballast). In this lineup (PAL) there are 4 ford gt and one chaparral 2D.

Chapparal 2D (R1, ballast) – 200
Mustang SVT Cobra R '00: R3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; NOS; DT/Susp: All
Shelby 427 Cobra : R3 tyres; R exhaust; Chip; DT/Susp: All
Shelby 427 Cobra w/dt/su ups, R3s a chip and racing muffler vs. Oreca Viper, Camaro LM, Ford GT LM, Chapparal 2D and GT40. Had to widen out the tranny to 11 for NY because it tops at 150mph

CRXnut
Ok, I asked in the main forum but nobody replied. What other car besides Chaparal 2D did you use in All American Championship race 3 (New York) for 200pts ?
Anybody ?
Camaro LM worked for me - took a while to find the right lineup though.

Thanks Fizio and Moloch. It was almost too easy with Saleen (I tried the Camaro but had to run against Panoz to get 200 pts and I just could not do it).

Nurburgring 4 hours. Thought it was time I'd had a go at it.

What a pain!!

Attempt 1: Amuse S2000 R1. Only good for around 130pts at min. hp/max weight. Great handling and thrashes the NSX's.

Attempt 2: Opera S2000 - bought it, but it ended up having a better power-to-weight than the Amuse R1, so I didnt actually try it. Beginning to wish I had.

Attempt 3: Amuse S2000 Street Version. At min power/max weight, it got 183pts against the first line-up. So I though I'd try something with a slightly worse PWR ratio...

Attempt 4: Honda NSX Type R '92 - no oil, 200 ballast - slightly worse PWR than above at 5.499. 160pts!! What the....? :crazy:

Attempt 5: Infiniti G35 Sedan (great for getting 200pts in American Hall). Far more weight, bit more power but overall, worse PWR than the NSX, a mere 5.534.

150pts!?! Is my PS2 going mad? Seems like the worse a car I choose, the less A-spec points I'm getting, despite all the normal proof to the contrary. My head hurts... its almost as bad as racing that ****ing Pao in Micra Brothers. 3pts extra for +100kgs and switching from S1 to N3. Never again...

I'm gonna try a few other things, then a normal S2000, then the Clio, as suggested previously by people who have done it. But I'm worried as the 183pt Amuse S2000 was struggling to keep up the Type R that sits on pole and vanishes into the distance unhassled.

Help - please!! :scared:

EDIT: all cars: S1 tyres; and yes I know Im quoting weight-to-power etc etc. Just tried the S2k type-V - 200pts - and I think with suspension etc it should prove quick enough - I was in 2nd, 8secs down having got to Kesselchen on the 1st lap.

Take 2 - and a much improved S2k type-V! Just got onto the main straight, the NSX a little blob 6-odd secs up the road. I'm having a blast beating it through the twisty-bits, but as soon as the road opens up, so does the NSX's throttle and its gone. I'm hoping being on S1's will enable me to equal/better their pit schedule, otherwise, I'll be fighting a lost cause.

EDIT: Definitely fighting a lost cause.

Lap 2: After an 8min22 lap, I have the blue NSX bouncing off my rear bumper quite frequently, as the white NSX gains 2 secs on every straight bit going, but I cannot gain any time at all. Unless he pits well before I do, I've not got a hope of being 2nd, never mind getting the 200pts. It's depressing driving the utter nuts of a car (clean laps!) and still be losing ground. I just checked Famine's guide and he reckons the lead NSX laps at around 8min02 - not looking good!! I think I'll complete the lap and see what my time is, then I'll really mathematically know whether I've just wasted my entire afternoon and evening.

EDIT 2: 8min 11.878. *waves white flag* clearly I'll never be good enough for this. I did get attacked by the blue NSX through the last corners, but I doubt that's a significant loss.

EDIT 3: 2nd attempt; this time with NA Stage 1 and 101kg of ballast, resulting in exactly the same WPR as beforr (5.656), hte idea being to have more torque to haul the S2crappy up the slopes. First lap a second slower, but managed an 8min06 this time - still too slow however, being about 15secs adrift of the lead NSX. Time to try a different line-up - 200pts? Not likely for a long time - I wont have time to complete the race today (4hrs time is past midnight).

EDIT 4: 3rd attempt: well, the 2nd line-up gives 199, and I managed to catch the Scooby in the lead. The question is whether I can keep the NSX Type S (bit slower than the R, but same as the blue car that hassles me before). If this fails, I'm gonna try and find a line-up wihtout such a dominant car - always the way with GT4. Can't they ever have evenly matched line-ups, not 4 duffers and a rocket?? I tried one line-up with 4 aussie/brit/yank tanks, and a VX220 Turbo. Not surprisingly, the VX220 vanished into the lead.

I think the 4hr 'Ring was an event that JDW was trying to find alternative competitive cars for - he had a very difficult time if I recall correctly. I did this race in the Garaiya and it was quite straight forward - no NSXs - my toughest competition was a Jag XKR. Loved the race - 4 hours passed in no time (mainly because I was not sure of winning until after half way, mostly due to my crap driving as this car should win easily).

I think Route_66 used a Lancia Stratos - not for the faint hearted.

Well after over 1hr and a half of intense driving, it is very clear that the S2k does not have what it takes. At all. It cant even go 5 laps - pitting every 4 means I'm losing out lots. Gods know what line-up you had because I cant find one without a) NSX b) VX200/Speedster.

The ASL - that the normal car or the JGTC?? Im not really wanting to go below S1 tyres because then I really wont be able to do anything resembling an ok lap.

Majorly pissed off.... there goes another day in my life I'll never have any claim to have done something constructive. All Ive done is damaged my hands and got myself annoyed.

Thanks GT4.:grumpy: beginning to consider abandoning 100k A-spec points - I just do not have the skills, nor shall I ever.

It was the regular ASL - I had to start the race on N1s and then I pitted after 1 lap to change to N3s - I don't know if this was worth it (ie perhaps should have done the full quota on N1s but they are a pita).

I have just gone back and had a look and I was getting 7 laps on N3s and did 29 laps total so one lap at the start is perfect.

You should get a different set of lineups when entering in a different car. The XKR was the R-Performance version. Bad on tyres and its lap before pitting is really bad - more fishtails than the Tokyo fishmarket.

200 point races.
Endurance events.
Grand Valley 300. Using the Suzuki GSX R/4 with R1 tires, stage 2 turbo, race exhaust, chip, balance, polish, race suspension and race transmission etc. Against line up 1 won by approx 35 seconds over the RX7 LM. Race time was 1 hour 56 minutes ...
I was 1 min infront at 30 laps and then lost some time as the chasis needed refreshing which caused some odd handling. The bad handling is not constant every lap so you get caught out every 3rd lap or so.

Same car got 200 points easily at New York and El Capitan enduros with S1 tires (from memory) with wins by at least a lap.

Going to try the Suzuki at Tokyo and Laguna Seca in the next few days.

Update : 200 points for Tokyo R246 300km race against line up 2 using the Suzuki GSX R/4 as above but with a chasis refresh. Won by over a lap in 1 hour 41 minutes.
Line up 1 offered 193 points.

RenesisEvo
Thanks GT4.:grumpy: beginning to consider abandoing 100k A-spec points - I just do not have the skills, nor shall I ever.

I know exactly how you are feeling right now RE.
However you dont need 200 in each race to get 100,000.
I am now at 97,963 right now with 13 F1 races at 0 points still to do, 4 races at 0 points in the 1000 miles, 2 or 3 more shorter enduros at 0 points,
the 5 euro classics at only 50-60 points. There are also still quite a few events I can pick up 20 or so more points, it is just a matter of time with enough points on offer to get there.
One question is, I dont seem to be able to win the Hyundia races with N2 or N1 tires. Currently have 122 points for each race on N3 tires. Any tricks to make this car get the power down on N2 or N1 tires.
Crappy cars and races like this really do get you down.

Edit : 23-01-06.
200 points won at laguna Seca 200 enduro.
After some testing the Shelby Series 1 Supercharged car was found to be a contender for a 200 point win.
The car was fitted with a sports exhaust, R1 race tires and all the good transmission and suspension parts.
Race was against line up 1 which I ended winning by about 54 seconds over the Saleen S7. my fastest lap was 1.30,2xx with most around the 1.32 mark. Race time was just under 2 hours and 20 minutes.
A great race!!!

First, thanks for 200pt list!!

Second, no effing way somebody gets first place in the lightweight K cup with the Honda Life Step Van.

n/g/h

i'm no newb to this game either. i can hold my own. i put down a perfect line through that course as fast as that poor box would run, and the competition just kept getting farther and farther away.....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :banghead:

frothy bowel
...Second, no effing way somebody gets first place in the lightweight K cup with the Honda Life Step Van....
If you think that one is bad wait until you get to the Suzuki K Cup!

I assume you have used all the suspension/drivetrain mods and added nitrous? You may also need to add a racing exhaust and chip. I cannot remember much about that series - it is known to be difficult. Getting 200 points is mostly about getting the correct field - make sure you do not have any very slow ops as these drag your points way down.

If that all fails try the Daihatsu Midget II (32? hp; N3 tyres; NOS)

frothy bowel
First, thanks for 200pt list!!

Second, no effing way somebody gets first place in the lightweight K cup with the Honda Life Step Van.

n/g/h

i'm no newb to this game either. i can hold my own. i put down a perfect line through that course as fast as that poor box would run, and the competition just kept getting farther and farther away.....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :banghead:

Set the NOS to max and it's easy.

Don't know why I haven't posted this one yet: Take the Chevrolet SSR to the FR series in the Beginner Hall. You will need a transmission upgrade to get your gears right (tuning the suspension helps too), but no HP upgrades are needed at all. You can get 200 point ASpec wins for the entire series. A few of the lineups only give 196 or 197, but just re-race until the magic 200 pops up. The races are actually quite easy once you get your gears right.

My specs: 2003 Chevy SSR, SH tires, 309hp (oil change), race transmission. Stock weight helps keep the ASpec points up, so don't trim any of the fat off of this one.

This setup will also get you respectable (130-150 ASpec) points in the Spider & Roadster series and net you about 35 points for each sport truck race.

SE01

I will go into a race and if I don't like the competitors, I'll leave and go back in.
Example:
4H around the ring, I'll enter and exit 3-4 times until I get to race with an ASL. He's tough and It helps with the A-spec points.

PD Cup in Extreeme Hall, enter and exit until I race an SL500. He's fast, and gets faster every lap. Also if I win a Race I add 25LBS to the center of the car. This adds up and you can really feel the difference from race to race.

Has anybody ever seen 200pt races in the PD cup? If so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back