200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an easy one:

After doing the El Capitan 200 Miles, I went on to the New York 200 Miles. The list of 200 pts races here says use the Honda HSC, so I tried, man that thing just doesn't steer and you have to start breaking a mile and a half before any corner. So I tried something different, noticing that the HSC's horspower is just a little higher than my (by now) loved Amuse S2000 R1, so I took the Amuse to New York. I had to change the gear settings a litle closer, I think I have autosettings at 9 now. So the race, the first few laps I kept overtaking the Lotus Motorsport, he, like all other competion kept outrunning me on the straits but in the corners I was way faster. By lap 6 I took first position, but it was not until lap 13 that I was able to stay there. Because of the oppositions accelaration power he kept overtaking me (me drafting ofcourse) and after the first straight he pushed me into the corner every time. After lap 13 I kept clean of him and from there on it was a very easy 200 pointer. Second car pitted every 17 laps, I pitted after laps 19, 38 and 57. I could have gone on a few more laps on the S1 tyres but I didn't think I could make it into a 2 stop strategy so I made it a 3 stop.

The entry is starting to get a little long so conclusion:

New York 200 Miles Endurance:
Amuse S2000 R1 - 311HP - S1 Tyres - (easy) 200 A-Spec
And lots of fun, winning with much less power than the opposition!

If you are new to attempting 200 A-Spec points per race, you may want to look at some reference material I compiled:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1910374#post1910374

I posted this back in September, and have not yet updated it for the incomplete parts. It can be very helpful in selecting a car for a race, and a general idea how different factors have an effect on the points. I have actually been busy doing so many other things and haven't played GT4 since early October. Does anyone think it is imperative to complete this information?

Wild Cobra Z28
If you are new to attempting 200 A-Spec points per race, you may want to look at some reference material I compiled:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1910374#post1910374
I would recommend this info - it is the most useful info source for taking most of the pain out of finding the right car and the right lineup

Wild Cobra Z28
Does anyone think it is imperative to complete this information?
It is probably the most complete set of information in GT's history so I would not get too carried away. I think anyone who is serious about a-spec points can pretty quickly be able to predict what effect different mods will have on their points.

The most useful thing that could be done now would be to have a list of all the eligible AI and human vehicles for every event - that information coupled with your list would make finding the right car and lineup a simple matter - perhaps removing some of the challenge?

I would leave it to some other uber-fanatic-nerd (j/k) to make this effort however - you ahve done more than enough - unless, of course, this is what gets your rocks off (which I suspect it does to some extent (again j/k in the nicest possible way) - I am in awe of your effort and would never contemplate taking on such a task).

I'm still struggling with the 1000 Miles race, I tried the Karman Ghia but are getting my but kicked. I'm settling now for a 133 pts race in alfa 1600 gta with 200 ballast. I can keep up with the N1 tyres, after that on the ring I used N3 to win with a margin of 40 secs. On Opera I think I will switch to N2 (jeez, those N2 feel like having loads of grip after driving N1's for a few hours :dopey:.

Are there any other cars that can get 200 pts? I'm thinking about the Alfa Spider 1600, but calculated a maximum possible of 176!

SjefGielen
I'm still struggling with the 1000 Miles race, I tried the Karman Ghia but are getting my but kicked. I'm settling now for a 133 pts race in alfa 1600 gta with 200 ballast. I can keep up with the N1 tyres, after that on the ring I used N3 to win with a margin of 40 secs. On Opera I think I will switch to N2 (jeez, those N2 feel like having loads of grip after driving N1's for a few hours :dopey:.

Are there any other cars that can get 200 pts? I'm thinking about the Alfa Spider 1600, but calculated a maximum possible of 176!

Race 1 Nurburgring
Used Honda S600 stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 173 ballast
against this line up.

Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A)
Nissan Silvia (CSP311)
Isuzu Bellett 1600GT-R
Honda S800
Mazda 110S (L10A)

Used NOS to get ahead at the start then block for 6 laps at the end of lap 6 ram the Mazda past the pits he now has to do a full lap on bad tyres if he does get in the pits on lap 6 you will struggle to do your own pit stop and get out in front of him.
Pit on lap 8 do not swap for better tyres.
Lap 13 ram the Mazda past the pit again.
Pit on lap 16 do not swap for better tyres then run for home.
Try and save as much NOS as possible only use it if a car manages to get past then just use enough to get back in front again.

Race 2 Opera Paris
Used Honda S600 Stage 2 tune race exhaust S1 tyres 154 ballast against 1st line up.
Pit stops lap 18, 36, 53, change to S2 tyres, 67, 81.

Race 3 Cote D Azur
Used Honda S600 Stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 173 ballast against same line up as Nurburgring.
Pit on lap 30 change to N2/N3 tyres then pit on lap 53, 76.

Race 4 Circuit De La Sarthe
Used Honda S600 Stage 3 tune race exhaust race chip N1/N2 tyres 58 ballast against 1st line up.
Just keep blocking down the long straight or slipstream if the Alfa gets past pit on lap 19.

All races could probably be won against the 1st line up but i found it alot easier aginst the other line up on Nurburgring it was alot of resets before this line up was offered.

Tsukuba and Autumn Ring are sure giving me some hard time in Hyundai Festival for 176pts... Still didn't manage those two... :crazy:

Tested a new car today: Professional hall - Turbo sports - High Speed Ring.

Tom's X540 CHASER '00 / FR / 315HP / 1490kg / 4.7kg/HP / 200 A-spec

Against: Impreza wrx '99, Skyline Vii-nur '02, Impreza prodrive, Rx-7 bathurst and Dodge srt4 '03.

Finaly completed Manufacturers.... I still can't decide witch race was more dificult Tsukuba with Suzuki S2 or Hyundai... I hate those types of races... :yuck:
Anyway, 7000 pts still available... 1000 Miles, F1 Series and all Endurances...
It'll take some time to complete those... but there is no more engine wearing, I hated it... didn't switched the console off for 2-3 weeks...

Since Family Cup is the only race for 200pts in witch you can choose basicly any car to drive on any track, what was your choice???

I choose Lotus 111R on El Capitain.

It was pure pleasure to drive it after maximizing manufacturers on N1's 👍

Moloch_horridus
The most useful thing that could be done now would be to have a list of all the eligible AI and human vehicles for every event - that information coupled with your list would make finding the right car and lineup a simple matter - perhaps removing some of the challenge?
Actually, I have that partially completed. I don’t remember how much, but I have gone through several lineups of each race to identify the cars possible in so many, I started getting tired of it.
Moloch_horridus
I would leave it to some other uber-fanatic-nerd (j/k) to make this effort however - you have done more than enough - unless, of course, this is what gets your rocks off (which I suspect it does to some extent (again j/k in the nicest possible way) - I am in awe of your effort and would never contemplate taking on such a task).
Well, I like doing things like this. Mind exercises for me. I had plans to complete not only the car lineups, but determine the formulas for power and the likes. I guess I was happy for the most part once I determined all the cars and the race points. I do have a partial list of which races are all stock in power and or tires. Some races improve the cars from stock, maybe about half. The speedster race boosts the opponents higher than you can with any speedster you buy!

I also have a list of all new and used cars with starting powers, max powers of NA/Turbo/Supercharger, options purchasable, and other specs including weight and reduction. This is far from complete. I completed the list in GT3, but am far from complete for GT4. I also have a list of all used cars, weeks available, price percent by mileage, etc. Much of this is not transcribed into the excel file yet. Somewhere, I also have an incomplete list of all car colors from the purchasable cars, and some of the used cars. I had planned to extend my used car list to what color car, mileage, and price when available.

So much incomplete work. It just became so cumbersome.

Anyway, for those not liking the cars others have posted for winning, check my list and find a similar one in points to try.

other than having more challenging races, what is the benefit of getting higher A-spec points. Are u able to use them for stuff or something? cause i have an awful lot, but they dont really much do they?

Gt3 Freak710
other than having more challenging races, what is the benefit of getting higher A-spec points. Are u able to use them for stuff or something? cause i have an awful lot, but they dont really much do they?
Some people want the bragging rights that they won the races with more points than others. It's easy to take a car, soup it up beyond the competition, and get one A-Spec point. 200 is difficult on most races, and impossible on some.

Who's the best at 100% completion.... Bragging rights...

Fizio
Finaly completed Manufacturers.... I still can't decide witch race was more dificult Tsukuba with Suzuki S2 or Hyundai... I hate those types of races... :yuck:
Anyway, 7000 pts still available... 1000 Miles, F1 Series and all Endurances...
It'll take some time to complete those... but there is no more engine wearing, I hated it... didn't switched the console off for 2-3 weeks...

I thought Tskuba was the worst i could not win with the Suzuki S2 on N1 tyres, i ended up putting mileage on it so i could use N2 tyres then the race was not to bad.

I just completed the nurb 24h all a-spec for 200 points, did it in a stock MPS... It was frecking hard, now onto the le sarthe 24h for 200

Schwarzwald Liga A - BMW 120 stock
Schwarzwald Liga B - M3 with suspensinsion and drivetrain upgrades on S1 tires, 200kg ballast.
Only the lineup with SL65 AMG and one other strong car will give 200 pts. I've done 4 races so far, still having hard time beating SL65 at the Ring.

Hi all!

I have been busy racing RC touring cars on carpet. :)

I hope you all have a good holiday and max points in all your races! 👍

Rod

I realy wanted to complete 1000 Miles Nurb for 200 before christmas but sadly I failed. I'm using Honda S600 with N1/N2, NA3,chip, exhaust (86hp)… 165 ballast against:
Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1)
Toyota Sports 800
Honda S800
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale

I can not get Ank's sugested lineup after 1,5 hours lineup changes so I tried those…

On two atempts Alfa GTA managed to pass me on lap 17 (that is after 3h of driving) and I had no more nitros in tank… Pit strategy is lap 8 and 16 but you have to be in front of Alfa…

Obviously it can be done but it is damn hard, it's 4 hours of blocking…
Any sugestions...??? ANK???

Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all...

Fizio
I realy wanted to complete 1000 Miles Nurb for 200 before christmas but sadly I failed. I'm using Honda S600 with N1/N2, NA3,chip, exhaust (86hp)… 165 ballast against:
Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1)
Toyota Sports 800
Honda S800
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale

I can not get Ank's sugested lineup after 1,5 hours lineup changes so I tried those…

On two atempts Alfa GTA managed to pass me on lap 17 (that is after 3h of driving) and I had no more nitros in tank… Pit strategy is lap 8 and 16 but you have to be in front of Alfa…

Obviously it can be done but it is damn hard, it's 4 hours of blocking…
Any sugestions...??? ANK???

Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all...

When the Alfa is due to pit make sure you are behind him and ram him past the pit entrance :ouch: also any time you get the chance ram any opposition off the road. Try and use the nitros as little as possible only use it when someone gets past and then just enough to get back in front.
This is the hardest race in the series (possibly the game) after you win this the other 3 will be a doddle.
Also take all driving aids off if you have not already done so.

And a merry christmas to everyone at GTPlanet :)

Finally completed 1000! Miles - Nurb!!! :D :D :D

It was ****ing hard, over 4 hours of blocking.... :nervous: but its of to do list...

Fizio

It was ****ing hard, over 4 hours of blocking.... :nervous: but its of to do list...
Congrats - champion effort - I made several attempts (in Karmann Ghia) but could not manage 200 at either Nurb' or Le Sarthe :indiff:

Fizio

Well done Fizio, the other 3 in the series will seem very easy now Nurburgring is complete.

Fizio

u ve completed all the manufacturers with all 200 points ? wheres the list for that? i dont think the two lists on page one gives a full list of ALL the maunfacturers 200 point races. Also are the lists on page one being updated by someone/ or r they really outdated? :scared:

in the japan races. in the 70's race, the skyline hard top KCPG does NOT give me 200 points, even with N1 and ballast !! what should i do ? :ouch:

OMG that was fun. I just did the GT World Championship in used Mazda 787 (no oil change) for 200 points. All the races were very close, decided by less than 10 seconds.

lanevo8
u ve completed all the manufacturers with all 200 points ? wheres the list for that? i dont think the two lists on page one gives a full list of ALL the maunfacturers 200 point races. Also are the lists on page one being updated by someone/ or r they really outdated?

Not all Manuf races will yeald 200 points.
The lists are not outdated as you can still use them, they are by no means 100% complete either but they give you a good indication of what you can try. More research can be found by reading other posts in this thread too. You don't have to use the car listed to score max points either unless that race demands 1 very specific model.
lanevo8
in the japan races. in the 70's race, the skyline hard top KCPG does NOT give me 200 points, even with N1 and ballast !! what should i do ? :ouch:
Try a different line-up.
There can be very big differences in points to be awarded depending on line-up.

AMG

I never said I did all for 200, I thought it's well known fact that it's not possible in some races... By completed all the manufacturers I ment maximizing A-spec pts in that section...

You have summary of this thread on post no.999... I used that as a guide... After that post there was some new sugestions but you'll have to update it yourself...

lanevo8

Japanese 70's Classic :
Skyline GT-R KCGP whatever ’70 – 200

Honda Life Step Van @59hp (dt/su ups, NA3, nitrous@75, 5kg ballast + had to vary auto tranny between 8 and 12 depending on track) for 200p in all vs. 280Z, Galant '70, Lancer 1600GSR, Civic 1500, Mirage 1400GLX

Some races needs noumerous lineup changes to get one that gives 200pts...

AMG_SLK
More research can be found by reading other posts in this thread too.
AMG

I guess thats not wat i wat to do ! :nervous: 59 pages of posts ???

I will now continue my little quest for 200 points.

current update. A Spec points. 38742.
btw, (non important question. how come the apec points ends with 42 ?? how did i get that 2 points ?)

special thanks to AMGSLK, and Fizio. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back