200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think that using NOS is similar to cheating. There are some cars which aren't good enough to compete no matter how good you are, and that's just that. There's no car control issues with using it, it's just free horsepower.

Every press should dock you an A-spec point or two. That's what I think. I just prefer those 200 point wins (I think I have about 10-12 of them without using the Dodge Ram, the Ram has an equal amount.) which were won with no tricks.

However you win them doesen't matter to me.

At the end of the day, I sleep well with ~32,000 A-spec points (although maybe it's the long work week, drinking, and sex?). To each his own...

First race @ Grand Valley in the European Championship in a Ruf 3400s with light mods will get you 200pts. And if I can win, you can.

pupik
I just think that using NOS is similar to cheating. There are some cars which aren't good enough to compete no matter how good you are, and that's just that. There's no car control issues with using it, it's just free horsepower.

Every press should dock you an A-spec point or two. That's what I think. I just prefer those 200 point wins (I think I have about 10-12 of them without using the Dodge Ram, the Ram has an equal amount.) which were won with no tricks.

However you win them doesen't matter to me.

At the end of the day, I sleep well with ~32,000 A-spec points (although maybe it's the long work week, drinking, and sex?). To each his own...

I agree that NOS should dock points, but it doesn't so i have no problem using it if i can't get 200 points any other way. Some races even using NOS are very hard to win so i sleep very well at night also.
At the end of the day it's a game and people get there fun in different ways.

ANK
I agree that NOS should dock points, but it doesn't so i have no problem using it if i can't get 200 points any other way. Some races even using NOS are very hard to win so i sleep very well at night also.

👍 👍 👍

For me ,anyoneone using Nitros, wall riding and any other escape route to gain an advantage in this Childrens game is a Cheater.

200pts collected at Chamonix Using Audi A3 3.2, this car totally suprised me in it's execution - Easy to control and points to where you want it....No Nitro, No Port Polishing, No Engine Balancing , No Weight Reduction..just pure skill and patience, don't let me forget there is a lot of practice involved.

Newsflash...............

Richard Burns has Died, I would like to give my condolences..A true Chamapion...Will Surely Be Missed.

AKA dubitup

rapapampam
For me ,anyoneone using Nitros, wall riding and any other escape route to gain an advantage in this Childrens game is a Cheater.

200pts collected at Chamonix Using Audi A3 3.2, this car totally suprised me in it's execution - Easy to control and points to where you want it....No Nitro, No Port Polishing, No Engine Balancing , No Weight Reduction..just pure skill and patience, don't let me forget there is a lot of practice involved.

Newsflash...............

Richard Burns has Died, I would like to give my condolences..A true Chamapion...Will Surely Be Missed.

AKA dubitup

Congrtas on Chamonix 👍
Before passing judgement try and get maximum points. Some races are not possible to get max points without using some, or all of the "cheats" that you mention.

ANK
Congrtas on Chamonix 👍
Before passing judgement try and get maximum points. Some races are not possible to get max points without using some, or all of the "cheats" that you mention.

I enter every race just for 200pts, if it doesn't come up I don't race until it does.

Yes your right ,there are some races/cars where you have to use, say weight reduction.. etc... thats o.k.

Just the nitos and wall riding and anything in that vain is not for me.

---

AKA Dubitup

rapapampam
I enter every race just for 200pts, if it doesn't come up I don't race until it does.

Yes your right ,there are some races/cars where you have to use, say weight reduction.. etc... thats o.k.

Just the nitos and wall riding and anything in that vain is not for me.

---

AKA Dubitup

My point is there are some races that can't be won for 200 points without using NOS or wall riding.
If you don't want to use these methods then that is fine, but don't try and tell me how i should be playing the game.

pupik

As is the case with a turbo. Nitrous is, really, just forced induction without having to drop a large chunk of metal into your engine bay.

ANK
I get my fun by doing 2 point races. :indiff: :yuck:
Seriously, i htink the most aspec points i've gotten at once is 49. :D

Uncle Harry
I use NOS, reset the field, cut corners and drive dirty to win 200 point races if required.
I still sleep at night.
Seeing that my cars are usually running 200 kg ballast and inferior rubber to the AI, I think it is justified.
I will ask one question. Did PD add NOS / Nitrous to make some 200 point races possible?
Also on some longer races 4 laps and over, some interesting decisions on the use of NOS have to be made. Do I set it at max and use it all up at the start of the race to get to the lead, then have to defend against faster cars?. Do I set it for a moddest boost to last full race? Do you keep some spare for a last lap surge?
PS ; Wall-riding & cutting corners are against OLR rules , mate .

Anyone who is sanctimonious enough to never touch NOS & then use the RAM for 200 is BS . If you use stock & get 200 fairplay post it in the stock car thread . One more thing about NOS though ide advise taking it lower and use it as a sort of driftpower enforcer in corners by reassigning it to one of the lower shoulder buttons , that way you get a nice smooth application but not a huge boost .

I'm not anti-nitrous (in real life, that is). It's just the game doesn't trim your points accordingly.

Famine
As is the case with a turbo. Nitrous is, really, just forced induction without having to drop a large chunk of metal into your engine bay.
Ah, but using a turbo will likely drop the amount of A-spec points that you receive. Nitrous won't devalue the A-spec points one bit.

Besides, Stage 4 (sometime 3's aren't nice) turbos aren't always the best solution for circuit racing, as some of them present a lag issue that screams "Escudo".

I suppose DeloreanBrown's reasoning of using the Ram is similar to using nitrous, it's a bit like cheating. But when Ram handles better than some so-called sports cars, and has a handling personality all it's own, it's hard to call it a cheater car.

It's funny how previous GT games tended to side with the notion of the lightweight to middleweight sports car; but to gain an A-spec advantage over the AI, the table tilts towards overweight cars with lots of power.

Big cars don't cry!

That's because power-to-weight ratio is factored and then weight is factored when points are being awarded . I did'nt say using the RAM was illegal , unlike wall-riding which a video could prove occured , it's just that the RAM is a quirk of the game and gains it's points without recourse to the points award system, it is not cheating , but neither is nos which is fair in sport of occasion and it's use would appear on any video record , as would use of the RAM LOL

pupik
I'm not anti-nitrous (in real life, that is). It's just the game doesn't trim your points accordingly.

Ah, but using a turbo will likely drop the amount of A-spec points that you receive. Nitrous won't devalue the A-spec points one bit.

That's true, but neither does it add to your A-Spec points if you turn the air-conditioning and stereo off...

DeLoreanBrown
PS ; Wall-riding & cutting corners are against OLR rules , mate .

I have not entered an OLR competition, mate.
This is the 200 point thread.
Its about what is required to win 200 point races.
Parity in GT4 is 60 points, which is way too easy in a stock car.
200 point races are a challange, if I need to wall ride and use Nos to win so be it, some I cannot win yet.
If you decide not to play the game this way, then I am happy with that.

SjefGielen
I still need a 200 pts winner on Suzuka at Schwarzwald B, so:
Did you manage to win Suzuka with that M3?
Did you buy that M3 new?
Can you recall which Mercs were in your line-up?
I bought it new.
I won Suzuka with the M3 with 200 kgs against a different line up for 200 points.
I can't remember the MB I was against, but it was the 5th or 6th line up after a restart.

pupik
It's funny how previous GT games tended to side with the notion of the lightweight to middleweight sports car; but to gain an A-spec advantage over the AI, the table tilts towards overweight cars with lots of power.

Big cars don't cry!

Never seemed that way to me... it's too much of an effort to search through the remnants of the GTF, but through the seasons of EZGT when I still did OLR, I had a consistently lower power/weight ratio (lower hp/lb) than the majority of the competitors. I found keeping a car the stock weight and adding just a bit of power was far more effective than lightening it and keeping the engine untouched. This is exactly why an Elise 111R will be considered fair competition for any of the Japanese 276hp cars, yet can't hang with them time-wise on any track.

Though, I found it had to be an FR car to really get an effective p/w ratio. IIRC, I used a DB7 Vantage, Supra SZ-R, 300ZX NA and a BMW 328Ci throughout some of the seasons. Those last two were during GT2 times, as well. So while I'm not sure if GT1 was like this, I had a fair bit of proof that adding horsepower is more effective than shaving weight :)

-Kyle

Uncle Harry
I bought it new.
I won Suzuka with the M3 with 200 kgs against a different line up for 200 points.
I can't remember the MB I was against, but it was the 5th or 6th line up after a restart.

Thanks man, I've taken the M3 (great looking and handling car btw) to Suzuka, and drove it against the 3th or 4th lineup, 2 Mercs Amg 55, man those are quick on the straights, but with the Beemer I could easily outbreak / outcorner them, very close and very fun race. :sly:

I'm now at the Tuning car championship in a slightly modded Amuse S2000, and I must say, the longer you try to get those 200 pts/race the more fun you're getting out of it. Again very close races, and to those who're saying NOS is illegal: you go and try to beat the same car you're driving in, and I mean the same car except for HP, with say 50 BHP more than yours! In this championship I'm up against a Opera S2000, which accelerates much faster than mine, so I'm using a little bit of NOS on the exits of the very slow (2nd gear) corners, just to be able to keep up with the rest. This results in a 80% filled NOS tank at the end of the race and me winning with margins under one second. :nervous:

Famine

The chunk of metal goes in the boot instead.

SjefGielen
Thanks man, I've taken the M3 (great looking and handling car btw) to Suzuka, and drove it against the 3th or 4th lineup, 2 Mercs Amg 55, man those are quick on the straights, but with the Beemer I could easily outbreak / outcorner them, very close and very fun race. :sly:

I'm now at the Tuning car championship in a slightly modded Amuse S2000, and I must say, the longer you try to get those 200 pts/race the more fun you're getting out of it. Again very close races, and to those who're saying NOS is illegal: you go and try to beat the same car you're driving in, and I mean the same car except for HP, with say 50 BHP more than yours! In this championship I'm up against a Opera S2000, which accelerates much faster than mine, so I'm using a little bit of NOS on the exits of the very slow (2nd gear) corners, just to be able to keep up with the rest. This results in a 80% filled NOS tank at the end of the race and me winning with margins under one second. :nervous:

👍 👍 Glad to help

Famine
So, an all-round score-draw then? :

You both scored own goals :grumpy:

Any sugestions on Suzuki races...???

I found for Suzuki Concepts that you can get 200 pts both with S2 or GSX/R... True???
Setup???

THX...

ANK
My point is there are some races that can't be won for 200 points without using NOS or wall riding.
If you don't want to use these methods then that is fine, but don't try and tell me how i should be playing the game.

Try............No.

Tell you.... You ain't the only One on this thread.

Mitsubishi CZ3 Road Car... this transportation gave me 200pts on Grand Canyon Reverse, racing against The Evo Rally 03. That car was on my tail from wire to wire, no let up...it was great .

Your chance will open up on the first lap at the hairpin as he leaves the door wide open and Its easy to slip through still keeping him at bay as you turn the hairpin .

No Port Polish, No Engine Balancing, No Nitro, No Weight Reduction, No driving Aids.

Just 256bhp needed against The Impreza and 244bhp against The Evo. This will give 11 minutes of pure rearguard action....and now that's done , I could go back to it and do it some more.

---

AKA Dubitup

rapapampam
Try............No.

Mitsubishi CZ3 Road Car... this transportation gave me 200pts on Grand Canyon Reverse, racing against The Evo Rally 03. That car was on my tail from wire to wire, no let up...it was great .

Your chance will open up on the first lap at the hairpin as he leaves the door wide open and Its easy to slip through still keeping him at bay as you turn the hairpin .

No Port Polish, No Engine Balancing, No Nitro, No Weight Reduction, No driving Aids.

Just 256bhp needed against The Impreza and 244bhp against The Evo. This will give 11 minutes of pure rearguard action....and now that's done , I could go back to it and do it some more.

---

AKA Dubitup

If you can keep that car behind you for 11 minutes and not once get hit from behind by the AI causing you to contact a wall for a five second penalty you are playing a different game to me.
Nos will not last for 11 minutes so your point has no comparison to ANK's example.
Blocking for 11 minutes would bring out the black "bad Sportsmanship flag" in real life so again your point is not valid. You still used a tatic to get your 200 point race that is not squeaky clean.

Fizio

I found for Suzuki Concepts that you can get 200 pts both with S2 or GSX/R... True???
Setup???

THX...

Take the GSX 175 bhp to Special Conditions - Rally d' Umbria - Hard - Impreza/ Evo. Set up the car for 200pts any way you want.....and I swear your hands will be shaking and your brain will be buzzing - enough to power the PS2 Console....It's electric and it makes the next race below the Costa di Amalfi - Hard ......Easy.

I used a racing suspension with soft settings, racing tran, 175bhp. racing clutch and fly.

The rear tyre racing hard, front tyre racing super hard, ..No weight Reduction, No Driving Aids, No Nitro - That's how I attacked it....175bhp.....Lovely.

---

AKA Dubitup

Uncle Harry
If you can keep that car behind you for 11 minutes and not once get hit from behind by the AI causing you to contact a wall for a five second penalty you are playing a different game to me.
Nos will not last for 11 minutes so your point has no comparison to ANK's example.
Blocking for 11 minutes would bring out the black "bad Sportsmanship flag" in real life so again your point is not valid. You still used a tatic to get your 200 point race that is not squeaky clean.

Yes your right, I had one five sec. pen. and I had to hold him.... and when ever I made a mistake he was on my tail , it was never a bashing contest as I have been trying 200pts in this race since March.

Bad Sportsmanship badge - No , I am not always a clean driver/racer as my past attempts at this particular circuit has not been easy, but now, I go back for more and have him like a spec in my rear view.

When I say reargurad action , then he's on my tail, not once did he hit me from behind as the A.I. tend to slow down when you are directly in front of them.

It's the car the really shines here - don't look at me - The Mitsubishi CZ3

Initially I was never replying to ANK's post as I was just posting my definition of racing.

Why....... have you done that race "squeaky clean".....

---

AKA Dubitup

rapapampam
Yes your right, I had one five sec. pen. and I had to hold him.... and when ever I made a mistake he was on my tail , it was never a bashing contest as I have been trying 200pts in this race since March.

Bad Sportsmanship badge - No , I am not always a clean driver/racer as my past attempts at this particular circuit has not been easy, but now, I go back for more and have him like a spec in my rear view.

When I say reargurad action , then he's on my tail, not once did he hit me from behind as the A.I. tend to slow down when you are directly in front of them.

It's the car the really shines here - don't look at me - The Mitsubishi CZ3

Initially I was never replying to ANK's post as I was just posting my definition of racing.

Why....... have you done that race "squeaky clean".....

AKA Dubitup

No, I cant even pass the AI without getting a penalty at this event in a 50 point race, let alone a 200 point race. (These are only the 2 special condition races I have yet to get 200 points in).
Totally clean 200 point races are few and far between mainly because the way the AI drive when close to you. They always seem to hit me at least once from the side or the back when I am passing or have just passed them.

Two questions, what was your winning race time / best lap so I can know what is required and was the suspension stock on the CZ3?

rapapampam
Try............No.

---

AKA Dubitup

I know your comments were not directly at me, but those are the tactics i had to resort to so i took it personaly.
Getting the last 10,000 points probably took the same ammount of time as getting the first 100,000. So if you don't want to do this it's fine, but using NOS and wallriding did not make the races easy they just made them possible.

Fizio

Setup???

THX...

I found Suzuki Concepts to be one of the worst sets of races.
As far as i can remeber i tried wearing the engine on the GSX/R and the best it would offer was 194 points.
I am fairly sure people have won these races with the Suzuki S2 using N1 tyres, but i could not do it at Tskuba. I ended up putting some miles on the S2 so i could use N2 tyres and it made all the difference.

Uncle Harry
No, I cant even pass the AI without getting a penalty at this event in a 50 point race, let alone a 200 point race. (These are only the 2 special condition races I have yet to get 200 points in).
Totally clean 200 point races are few and far between mainly because the way the AI drive when close to you. They always seem to hit me at least once from the side or the back when I am passing or have just passed them.

Two questions, what was your winning race time / best lap so I can know what is required and was the suspension stock on the CZ3?

200pts for races are there for the taking, after a while of trying to win 200pts for races gets easier as your skill level rises.

Totally clean 200pt races are there in the abudance, just ask the Honda Element.

When I raced against the Evo rally 03 car in a .....Evo rally 03 car with settings and upgrades to nominal, I won easily.

The Mitstubishi CZ3 road car with the settings (above) with the fastest lap time being 2.38.484 and a total time of 13.23.307 - which includes two five second penelties and one spin off into the arcoves.

The CZ3 loves this track..I went through plenty 4WD cars to win these points as in the Galant 80s version or the Legnum - A truly fun car for Grand Canyon.

I used Racing Suspension but the CZ3 is happy on stock suspension and I must repeat this... if you don't overtake him on the hairpin the Evo will leave you and you won't catch him, I haven't found a car that will keep to his pace, seeing that you have to leave them nearly stock to get the 200pts.

What do you define as clean....There are times when they clip you on the side of the car and you get the Five second penelty even if you are in the right...So ..............What do you define as clean.

---

AKA Dubitup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back