200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MRslider
I will go into a race and if I don't like the competitors, I'll leave and go back in.
Example:
4H around the ring, I'll enter and exit 3-4 times until I get to race with an ASL. He's tough and It helps with the A-spec points.

PD Cup in Extreeme Hall, enter and exit until I race an SL500. He's fast, and gets faster every lap. Also if I win a Race I add 25LBS to the center of the car. This adds up and you can really feel the difference from race to race.

Has anybody ever seen 200pt races in the PD cup? If so how?

Dodge Ram !!!

Uncle Harry
I know exactly how you are feeling right now RE.
However you dont need 200 in each race to get 100,000.
I am now at 97,963 right now with 13 F1 races at 0 points still to do, 4 races at 0 points in the 1000 miles, 2 or 3 more shorter enduros at 0 points,
the 5 euro classics at only 50-60 points. There are also still quite a few events I can pick up 20 or so more points, it is just a matter of time with enough points on offer to get there.
One question is, I dont seem to be able to win the Hyundia races with N2 or N1 tires. Currently have 122 points for each race on N3 tires. Any tricks to make this car get the power down on N2 or N1 tires.
Crappy cars and races like this really do get you down.

Thanks for the support. I've made it past the 50k barrier now (yay!) and currently, slowly, working through the FGT championship when time allows. Im getting between 103-115pts per race, depending on ballast/downforce - if I know the track well, I up the ballast to utterly cream them (first time ive done this c'ship) - even when Im pitting more often at Grand Valley, I still lapped them!!

It is good to know that 200pts everywhere isnt necessary - IIRC you can drop 11,000pts. I need to sit down and enter the values into the spreadsheet someone gave me (cheers!) and see what I can avoid doing.

Time is the main thing - University really sucks on that front! But I'm mere months away from a dream possibly coming true, so its worth it.

I've tried a fully modified Toyota Supra RZ with NOS in the Like the Wind race in Extreme Hall, won it by over 30 seconds on the R92CP.

BTW: Most cars pit except for for example the Mercedes CLK-GTR

Even without NOS you should get into their slipstream after some while and get about 180 A-spec. points?

Worth a try.

RenesisEvo
Thanks for the support. I've made it past the 50k barrier now (yay!) and currently, slowly, working through the FGT championship when time allows. Im getting between 103-115pts per race, depending on ballast/downforce - if I know the track well, I up the ballast to utterly cream them (first time ive done this c'ship) - even when Im pitting more often at Grand Valley, I still lapped them!!
It took me ages to get through the FGT championship. My two bob's worth:
All these are relatively easy to get 200 with the FGT
- Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
- New York
- High Speed Ring (stupidly easy)
- Grand Valley Speedway
- Circuit de la Sarthe I
- Seoul Central (stupidly easy)
- El Capitan
- Fuji Speedway 2005 F (stupidly easy)

Tokyo is possible but I found it very difficult - the most difficult of the series in fact. I spent a lot of time working on the suspension setup so that the tyres would wear evenly.

The rest I think are very difficult -
- Côte d'Azur 161
- Infineon Sports Car Course 183
- Laguna Seca 180
- Twin Ring Motegi 97
- Suzuka 60 (didn't even bother trying here)

I went back and won at the 'ring in an '04 Pescarolo - very easy. One day I might try the rest of the above in the same car.

route_66
Also if there are any races where you CAN'T get 200pts no mater what settings you use, then please post them here too.

Some examples:-

Daihatsu Copen Cup - Copen Active top, max ballast, no oil, N1 tires (187pts max)
Daihatsu Midget cup - Midet II, max ballast, no oil, N1 tires (152pts max)
Isuzu Cup - Isuzu Coupe, max ballast no oil, N1 tires (176pts max)

here's a thought I havent tested... why not have B-spec Bob take these cars that can't score to the 4 hour nurb on N1 tires and let him really wreck the cars up a bit first? Has anyone tried this? (it might be in here somewhere, but i'm not scanning 60 pages)

Praetorian
here's a thought I havent tested... why not have B-spec Bob take these cars that can't score to the 4 hour nurb on N1 tires and let him really wreck the cars up a bit first? Has anyone tried this? (it might be in here somewhere, but i'm not scanning 60 pages)
All the maximum points (<200) reported are for cars that have been completely worn out by Bob. My b-spec driver has logged up well over 300,000 km at the test track wearing out cars (they need to be run at max rpm to wear out and occasion mine weren't which is why the number is so big). It is a huge pita and not worth the effort imho. I think they need to run for about 9,000 miles to completely wear out (not sure of the exact number) which is a lot of nurberg' 4 hour races, expecially as most of the cars that need to be worn out will get their bottoms spanked in that race.

Moloch_horridus
Tokyo is possible but I found it very difficult - the most difficult of the series in fact. I spent a lot of time working on the suspension setup so that the tyres would wear evenly.

The rest I think are very difficult -
- Côte d'Azur 161

Strange - I remember demolishing them at Côte d'Azur - 2laps up at the end at least. But I guess once you start cutting back the downforce/upping the ballast, tyrewear becomes a bit more of a problem than it already is. I've got Seoul as my next race - might try for a bit more than 115pts. Cheers for the two cents.

Just over a year ago I started with GT4. Now 7149 PD days later having done 5139 races (including exiting numerous races due to lower point offerings or just impossibly hard) I have managed to finally reach 80.000. A big milestone for me.

Most of the tips to use particular cars have come from this thread. Thx guys! Some have come from the race report forum. 1 or two are my own trials and errors in obtaining 200 points. Most notably using the Shelby Series I in the All American championship. See https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81068

Now begins a more difficult period to obtain the next 10.000 and I doubt very much I'll ever reach 100.000 let alone 111.xxx
I suck at 5 missions / Special conditions normal + hard / Most races involving LMPs or JGTC cars / Endurances and the horrible Renault Alpine's.

Moloch_horridus
It took me ages to get through the FGT championship......
I'd be interested to know which car you used for this and what settings you applied.

AMG

I've just started a new file. For my first one, I won the Mazda Rx-8 from silver international B. And then got the RX8 Le mans and smacked everyone around with 1aspec point. Now I'm going for points, so far, 1 race, 110 pts.

Has anyone claimed to have won ALL Formula GT races while getting 200 A-spec points using ANY car? I've seen a few conflicting postings about this. Honestly I can't do it so far, but am curious if anyone has. Using a Formula One car with max ballast and low downforce just wears the tires too much in my testing. If I could get a complete set of settings that were used to get 200 A-spec points in any of those Formula races would be of great help. I achieved 150+ points in the Formula races I've run so far (I'm on the second time around for max points). I won't need 200 A-specs in all Formula races to clear the 100,000 mark but I'd sure be pleased as heck to ace the Formula races with 200 A-spec points. It might also help me to clear up my possibly naive ideas about tire wear and gearing.

AMG_SLK
I'd be interested to know which car you used for this and what settings you applied.
I did the whole series in the FGT for the points shown in the post above. I always used 200kg ballast and then adjusted DF for the 200 pts. I think in the later races I also lowered the front a little more that the back which may also help generate some DF.

The ballast creates a real problem with tyre wear - I could not get 200 at Côte d'Azur for this reason (and some of the others). Perhaps if I spent as much time tuning as I did a Tokyo I would stand a better chance but by that stage I just wanted to get it over and done with.

SirBerra
Has anyone claimed to have won ALL Formula GT races while getting 200 A-spec points using ANY car?
Yes - quite a few people, certainly the two with max a-spec. There are much harder 200 point races than the FGT (imho) - saleen, hyundai, copen, world classic car, crossfire, roadster 4 hours, 1000 miles, K cup, GTi cup and the suzuki concept are some that I will never manage to complete.

SirBerra
Has anyone claimed to have won ALL Formula GT races while getting 200 A-spec points using ANY car? I've seen a few conflicting postings about this. Honestly I can't do it so far, but am curious if anyone has. Using a Formula One car with max ballast and low downforce just wears the tires too much in my testing. If I could get a complete set of settings that were used to get 200 A-spec points in any of those Formula races would be of great help. I achieved 150+ points in the Formula races I've run so far (I'm on the second time around for max points). I won't need 200 A-specs in all Formula races to clear the 100,000 mark but I'd sure be pleased as heck to ace the Formula races with 200 A-spec points. It might also help me to clear up my possibly naive ideas about tire wear and gearing.

I won them all for 200 points using the Audi R8.

ANK

I'm definitely impressed. I had won several Formula One races using the Audi R8, but certainly not for 200 points. I guess I just have to work harder at it and hope I can find the right setup to eliminate high tire wear due to ballast weight (200 lbs is all that much but...). I can usually tell whether I'll win or not after a couple of pit stops.

I'll make the 100,000 mark for sure, but I really am gonna have to settle for that. Otherwise it will take too much time trying to gain tens of points here and there.

Did you use wall-sliding at the Oval Speedway with the Audi?

SirBerra
Did you use wall-sliding at the Oval Speedway with the Audi?

I'm not trying to answer in the Ank's name but IMO probably yes... In some races for 200 pts you'll need all kind of "dirty" tricks...

It would be have been good if there was a proper penalty for wall riding at Super Speedway - I think it is definitely faster to wallride the smaller turn - hopefully damage will sort that problem out in future GTs.

Fizio
I'm not trying to answer in the Ank's name but IMO probably yes... In some races for 200 pts you'll need all kind of "dirty" tricks...

How dare you accuse me of such dirty tactics :)

It's that long since i played the game now i can't remember, but i know i wallrode on quite a few and this was probably one of them.

I will try and dig my notes out later to see exactly what i used on the Audi.

myotragus
Wild Cobra Z28
myotragus
And thanks to jdw too (where the heck is your faq? searching, searching...)
You need to PM JDW for his list with an email address to send it to.
Oh, sorry, i thought he had published it anywhere in the web :dunce: . Thanks for the info.

Someone just recommended JDW's FAQ on A-spec, specifically for his list of all possible AI cars for all races. Unfortunately he appears to be MIA, so if anyone has this FAQ, could you please PM me and I'll reply with my email.

Thanks in advance!

SirBerra

For the FGT races i used the Audi R8 with an oil change, R2 tyres on the front and R1 tyres on the rear.

Can someone help? I have been doing the MR challenge in Beginners Hall. I have 200 points in the all races except New York. I have tried loads of cars and line ups but cannot find a good one! HELP PLEASE!!!
nige

I had a tremendously fun scrap with a Zonda in the New York 200 miles race. I used my trusty Amuse R1, and fought hard for a 25-second lead at the end. It was impossible to call until the first pit stops at lap 27. 181pts was quite satisfying after that hardcore race.

Elises: I would start with the least powered, and see how it works out. I think I used an MGF with some ballast - I may post my suspension settings if I find them, since I have managed to get it to handle quite well of late for the MG racing.

nige
Fixio thanx. Which model ? 👍 👍 👍

The Elise 72 '01, it will get you the 200 points. Just add some weight.

I ran it on N3's 160 weight Front 30, Triple clutch, RC flywheel and
TCS/ASM 003.

AMG.

Hi guys. Ran the Elise Type'72 01 on N3 tyres for 200 points. Not easy but managable.
BTW. just want to say how much I admire all you guys who have strived for 100,000 a-spec points. I'm currently on 89,000 and it's taken an absolute age!!!! I salute you.
Nige

100K is not that hard... on the other hand geting last 11k and maximizing A-spec is pain in the ass... I stoped at ...see signiture... leaving All endurances, F1 Cahampionship and 3 races in 1000 Miles ( I did Nurb for 200 ) to do...
But somehow inspiration failed for that last long races... and pedals on my DFP are killing me...

I made summary of this thread on post 999, so it might help you (that's what I used)... keep on the good work and see you in 100K Club soon...

Yep - I don't think we will see to many more getting the magic 111,813 - I still have a few points to collect and will get over 110,000 but I doubt I will make it to 111,000.

Fizio
100K is not that hard... on the other hand geting last 11k and maximizing A-spec is pain in the ass... I stoped at ...see signiture... leaving All endurances, F1 Cahampionship and 3 races in 1000 Miles ( I did Nurb for 200 ) to do...
But somehow inspiration failed for that last long races... and pedals on my DFP are killing me...

I made summary of this thread on post 999, so it might help you (that's what I used)... keep on the good work and see you in 100K Club soon...

That's why i split it up and did doing some of the endurance races as i was going through the smaller races. If i had got to the same stage as you with just long races left to do i think i would have given in as well.

ANK

Thx ANK, 👍
I tried my first race with the R8 with the R2R1 tyres on the 77 lap High Speed Ring (race 3). This track though is fairly easy to run and I wasnt looking forward to 'waste' 1h 20m time and not win. First time around I made some really stupid mistakes and lost by 23 seconds. I knew I could win if I kept my :cool:.
2nd time around I won by 42 seconds. Still managed to make 1 mistake but it only cost me a few seconds. Not having to compete immediately against the AI allows me to better concentrate. If they we're around (e.g. after pitting) I tended to try to overtake the buggers which could have resulted in overdoing it....

Having to pit less than the F1 cars certainly helped me to regain lost ground. Pitted 3 times around laps 22, 44 and 66.

Bagged 200 points. Now for the other 14 races in the FGT. Hmm 90.000 here I come :scared:

AMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back