2013 Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters (DTM)

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 185 comments
:lol: I'm sorry, wouldn't a medic have been better suited for the task, rather than his father? At my kart track, I have to tell my parents to stay away from me when I'm near the scales, so people don't think I'm slipping lead weights into my pockets. Seriously, though, what if his dad were a magician? The water would be a distraction, the lead weights would be the real problem.

You can clearly see two water bottles in the picture. How many more are on the other side that we can't see? Water is not light.

You can clearly see two water bottles in the picture. How many more are on the other side that we can't see? Water is not light.

Well, at least I hope not... The Germans had something called "heavy water" in WWII. :lol:

But, honestly, he should've gone to the medics. Even at my kart track, there's an ambulance. If that's the case, Norisring probably has a dedicated "infield care centre" full of medics who could've administered the required fluids (salt, vitamins, minerals and essential sugars) according to FIA standards, using an IV line.

Well, at least I hope not... The Germans had something called "heavy water" in WWII. :lol:

Heavy water is actually just regular water with higher Hydrogen Isotopes like Deuterium and Tritium. Nothing special, 1 per 3000 molecules are naturally occurring like this.

I find this weighing business a bit comical to be honest. You usually don't win a race just because the driver was a few kg lighter. The benefit gained is usually outvalued by any driving mistake and battles that happen throughout the race. Time Trial competitions, sure, full race...not really deciding.

Happy to see the SuperGT/DTM cooperation to advance so good. hopefully there will be official german SuperGT broadcasts soon. I dont know what to think of GrandAm joining in, currently they are closer to GT racing as far as I know.

What's stupid is that Ekstrom was 7kg over the minimum weight limit anyway.

Happy to see the SuperGT/DTM cooperation to advance so good. hopefully there will be official german SuperGT broadcasts soon. I dont know what to think of GrandAm joining in, currently they are closer to GT racing as far as I know.
The cooperation really scares me. I'm fearful that Super GT is going to be dragged down to DTM's level. We already know GT500 cars will look more like DTM cars (not good), hopefully the quality of racing won't take a similar huge hit.

What's wrong with the way DTM cars look?

As long as the DRS "fake pass" nonsense is gone, I don't care about Super GT regulations changes. The drivers had better make their own passes, though. Pushing a button to make a pass... Since when is Need For Speed more realistic than Gran Turismo? Since never... Get out, DRS.

What's wrong with the way DTM cars look?
Nothing, except that GT500 (IMO) look far better. The three GT500 cars also all have unique shapes and different wings, by contrast all three DTM cars use the same monocoque with different fronts/rears and they use spec rear wings. Development and innovation will also disappear from GT500 by moving to DTM-style regulations.

Its not happening that way. SuperGT will still have their unique cars. They aren't all the same body style. Honda is making an NSX which is MR layout. Nissan will probably stay GTR and Toyota/Lexus are using the LF-LC. The common parts are body construction, rear wing and aero properties. Still no spec tire, no drs either.

So, move DTM towards Super GT regulations? < I think this would be a reasonable idea.
It's all about cost. The shared monocoque, spec wings, no development, etc. have/are intended to cut costs in DTM for the big German manufacturers. The big Japanese manufacturers want the same.

But you get what you pay for.

Excluded from the results?!

HANG ON!! Ektrom's dad pours water in his overalls at Parc Ferme and Mattias get's excluded....Mortara playes dodgems with Paffett and he walks away with nothing?

What Edoardo did in terms of his racing close to the end was much worse. Just saw the highlights of the DTM on ITV4 and I was not impressed by some of his driving.

Regarding this Super GT thing, can we expect manufacturers like Toyota to perhaps race in the DTM?

HANG ON!! Ektrom's dad pours water in his overalls at Parc Ferme and Mattias get's excluded....Mortara playes dodgems with Paffett and he walks away with nothing?

What Edoardo did in terms of his racing close to the end was much worse. Just saw the highlights of the DTM on ITV4 and I was not impressed by some of his driving.

That's just cause you're British though, look at it from an unbiased point of view and you'll see it differently. The first one was a simple mistake by Mortara, Paffet was on older tires so had to brake earlier than Mortara, on fairly new tires. This wasn't helped by Paffet's blocking Mortara right before the braking zone. Mortara probably deserved a penalty for this one, but Paffet should have gone fully defensive and forced Mortara to the outside and then this wouldn't have happened.

The second incident was entirely Paffet's fault, He just ran Mortara into the wall and took them both out. He had the whole track, yet he clearly moved to cut off Mortara, and in the end shoved him into the wall. A stupid and dangerous move that also deserved a penalty, and maybe a fine too.

And Congrats to Rob Wickens on his 1st DTM win, great to see him back at the top!

Edit: Both Mortara and Paffet have a suspended penalty, if they are in any incidents the next 3 races they will be hit with a 5 place grid penalty.

And Congrats to Rob Wickens on his 1st DTM win, great to see him back at the top!

Edit: Both Mortara and Paffet have a suspended penalty, if they are in any incidents the next 3 races they will be hit with a 5 place grid penalty.

I wouldn't say it's nothing, then. But, I think it's a little harsh; isn't being out of a race on the last lap punishment enough for bad driving? "Oh, I haven't lost enough points, being on the podium and all, let's smash each other out on the last lap, when I can almost feel the points I'm going to get..." doesn't seem to be high on the list of thoughts a driver has.

I, being Canadian, don't mind the decision, but I'm obviously slightly biased.

Well, Paffett wasn't driving well, either. To be honest, that's the sort of rough-housing I've come to expect in 5-minute long races, like at my kart track. Given 2-3 hours to make clean passes, shouldn't you bide your time, and use it better?

Regarding this Super GT thing, can we expect manufacturers like Toyota to perhaps race in the DTM?

Does anyone else have info on this? I think this is a cool question, and I don't want it to be overlooked.

Has anyone here get paddock tickets for the 2013 season? Are they worth it? I'm thinking about going to the final race in Hockenheim, but I'm still not sure about going to the paddock.

That is pretty stupid to be honest, the whole thing is.... Ekstrom lost out through no fault of his own, DTM looks stupid...

Not Happy...

... and I hate Audi!

Hi everyone!
This Sunday, I'm going to visit the Moscow Raceway to see the first ever DTM race in Russia. Today, I was watching the practice session - the entry was free today. Ooh, those cars sound so awesome when you hear them in reality, with your own ears!
Stay focused, I'm going to post photos! ;)

Rockenfeller won, congrats to him and Audi!
I'm posting this kinda late - had connection problems... :)

Well I quite like the Moscow track... Disappointing race from my point of view though, BMW are not performing well enough at the moment. Spengler took a massive hit in terms of his championship today :(

Priaulx and tomczyk need to get it together, RMG are not performing well enough.

Back