2013 Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters (DTM)

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 185 comments
Priaulx dropped like a rock... it will be great if Hand can stay near the front, but he's got a pitstop to do so... I'm not sure this will be much of a result for BMW this week. :(

Spengler! đź’ˇ

Don't lose faith, Matski, a lot of the drivers in the top 10 are on the wrong strategy...

I'm not sure if Priaulx will want to stay in DTM beyond this year, he's not doing what he'd want to do. I don't think he imagined he'd just be making up the numbers.

Can't helping thinking he'd enjoy itself more if BMW sent him out to drive one of the customer Z4s in Blancpain or something.

And I think Ecky has got this race, I think he'll find the pace to get past Mortara.

EDIT: Told you he would :P

Joey Hand is really coming in to this, stealthily worked his way into this race :)

EDIT: maybe not :)

Spengler and Wickens both in Top 10. :)

Glock, Eki and Mortara are still on only first pit stop.

Rockenfeller, Vietoris and Juncadella are drafting w/ DRS; they're in good position.

Paffett losing time.

Final edit: Paffett losing a lot of time, Wickens into 6th, Wickens into 5th

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Priaulx will want to stay in DTM beyond this year, he's not doing what he'd want to do. I don't think he imagined he'd just be making up the numbers.

Can't helping thinking he'd enjoy itself more if BMW sent him out to drive one of the customer Z4s in Blancpain or something.

I'm not sure, this is Priaulx's best chance to get another high-profile win with BMW. He know's he's got a good thing at BMW, so he'd be crazy to leave of his own choice.. and from BMW's perspective.. who would they replace him with?

This race wasn't what I'd hoped for :(

I'm not sure, this is Priaulx's best chance to get another high-profile win with BMW. He know's he's got a good thing at BMW, so he'd be crazy to leave of his own choice.. and from BMW's perspective.. who would they replace him with?

This race wasn't what I'd hoped for :(

It's like he just not the same driver he was in the M3 GTE and the WTCC, he's just at the back of the pack all the time.

That was about to be a good move back up to 2nd for Paffett, taking two cars in the last hairpin. Thumbs down for Mortara then, I don't think Paffett didn't anything wrong.

Both Canadians in Top 5?

Edit: Wickens confirmed second, Spengler 6th.

:( Rough day for BMW, could've been one step better for Wickens...

1: Ekstrom
2: Wickens
3: Vietoris
4: Juncadella
5: Rockenfeller
6: Spengler
7: Merhi
8: Hand
9: Priaulx
10: Wittman
11: Werner

Last edited:
Priaulx and Hand in the Top 10.. not bad I guess.

Shame for Paffett.

M'eh.. I'd rather Mercedes had won than Audi.

edit: Ekstrom under investigation!

Yes, he was excluded. It's really not hard to understand. I'm not writing some sort of unintelligible form of English am I?

Yes, he was excluded. It's really not hard to understand. I'm not writing some sort of unintelligible form of English am I?

IMG_5851_2lowres.jpg

A guy I've met several times, from my hometown (sort of) won a DTM race. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť đź‘Ť đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

As much as I love Mercedes wins you have to feel for Ekstrom, mugged of 25 points for being given water in Parc Ferme after a hot race.

I really wanted him to win as well, and he was the class of the field. Sucks that you can get DQ'd for being given a water bottle but I suppose rules are rules :s

As much as I love Mercedes wins you have to feel for Ekstrom, mugged of 25 points for being given water in Parc Ferme after a hot race.

He didn't drink water, his father tried to pour water in a very sneaky way into his suit, to raise his weight.

12365_1.jpg

The penalty is very harsh, but you have to obey the rules.

Penalties off track for off-track misdemeanors... For instance, Paffet jumped the start, got a penalty, and raced back from it, I've no problem with that... Ekky, caught out after the race, which he probably won fair and square.. not great.

I hate Audi, no problem admitting that... but I love the DTM, and bringing it down to F1 level of farcicalness grates on me.

I would say the blue flags for drivers who have pitted less times (but are nevertheless ahead on track!) is a bigger farce than anything else in DTM. Really idiotic.

I feel for Ekstrom. That exclusion is a joke. Not much else needs to be said.

This technically does mean that Robbie Wickens has just won his first race. :sly: I'm excited for this guy from my almost-hometown. Seriously.

According to motorsport-total.com, Toyota and Nissan were present at the last DTM round and Toyota looks set to enter in 2015. Of note, it will be in addition to their LMP1 WEC program.

So a driver should run the race under weight and then get the weight added to his race suit with water and that is okay?

:lol: I'm sorry, wouldn't a medic have been better suited for the task, rather than his father? At my kart track, I have to tell my parents to stay away from me when I'm near the scales, so people don't think I'm slipping lead weights into my pockets. Seriously, though, what if his dad were a magician? The water would be a distraction, the lead weights would be the real problem.

Latest Posts

Back