2014 Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters (DTM)

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 165 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
BMW 2-3-4. Wickens snatched pole on his last run by 6 thousandths.

Loved the radio messages on that last lap: "Green sector 1, Green sector 2". Still didn't think he could pull it off.

I don't know how Mercedes and Audi managed to **** up this bad. How is it possible for professional racing teams to make mistakes like that?

Mercedes' handling of the situation was utterly disgraceful. How the hell could they not have just taken a simple drive-through for their mistake? Why did they have to get it to the point where their driver was forced to retire completely because of a black flag? Shocking. Utterly shocking.

Last edited:
hsv
Mercedes' and Wickens' handling of the situation was utterly disgraceful. How the hell could they not have just taken a simple drive-through for their mistake? Why did they have to get it to the point where their driver was forced to retire completely because of a black flag? Shocking. Utterly shocking.

I really feel for Wickens. He had no idea what was happening and was totally shocked that he got the black flag.

Reactions: hsv
Shame for wickens, good opportunity for Mercedes thrown away, but needless to say a 1234 for BMW makes me happy

Reactions: hsv
The early battling between Wickens and Farfus was great.

OK, well... that says something about the man on pole. :D

And 23rd? Not having a good season at all.

So did you guys watch the quali on Sportschau and speak German?

Before the quali there was a small segment on the BMW team orders in Spielberg. It went something like this:

Everybody at BMW said there were no team orders and that Wittman got past so easily just because the BMW drivers are not defending too hard against each other.
Audi was of course shocked about the team orders and has never done anything like that before. :rolleyes:

I must admit the team orders or rather make orders are really something that bugs me a lot about DTM and always has. However, what really pisses me off more is talk like that. Everybody knows about team orders in DTM and they are so extremely obvious that it is really borderline insulting the viewers if they pretend like there were none.

Anyway that's my little rant on team orders in DTM. What do you guys think about it?

Team orders are okay with me, its 3 manufacturer teams for all intents and purposes, they'll all do it. Does it make for the best racing? No, but it's a team sport, and I would expect the players to play the team game, whatever team they are on. Audi can shut up and withdraw all their cars, crying into the handkerchiefs for all I car about their opinion.. they're just mad because they can't enter more cars to guarantee victory like they do at Le Mans....

/BMW Fanboy rant.

;)

Team orders are okay with me, its 3 manufacturer teams for all intents and purposes, they'll all do it. Does it make for the best racing? No, but it's a team sport, and I would expect the players to play the team game, whatever team they are on. Audi can shut up and withdraw all their cars, crying into the handkerchiefs for all I car about their opinion.. they're just mad because they can't enter more cars to guarantee victory like they do at Le Mans....

/BMW Fanboy rant.

;)

Normally I don't mind team orders either. I do a bit more in DTM since drivers are easily gifted 2, 3 or 4 places at once which really is a shame.

But yeah I don't know what Audi is going on about since everybody is doing it exactly that way. If there is this kind of team orders I don't see the sense in pretending that there aren't any.

English version:

What a scrappy race, like watching a bottom split race on iRacing. Seems like the title is all but wrapped up now.

Wickens is a bit of an idiot. Green and Farfus were very juvenile, too... I think there should have been some penalties handed over for unsportsman-like conduct from Green's part.

Wittman needs to DNF all remaining races, and either Ekstrom or Mortara needs to win all 3 in order to have a shot. With the way the Audis have been either on or off, and with how consistent Wittman has been, I don't think it will happen.

Heikki Kovalainen to test the BMW M4 DTM this week. I quite like Heikki in F1, but I'm not convinced ex-F1 drivers are the best idea for DTM, also if this is with a view to a seat for next year, who would they drop from the squad..? Joey hand is much better than his results show, Tomczyk has under performed, Da Costa is only a rookie.... But being a rookie in a BMW relative-rookie doesn't seem to be holding Wittmann back!

Last edited:
Heikki Kovalainen to test the BMW M4 DTM this week. I quite like Heikki in F1, but I'm not convinced ex-F1 drivers are the best idea for DTM

Does anyone remember how Mika Hakkinen did in DTM?

Last edited:
The only ex F1 driver that had any form of success, if you exclude Bernd Schneider, was Jean Alesi, and even then, I think he ended up with 4 wins in total over the span of his career.

Glad for Pascal Wehrlein. He has more talent in his pinky than all the other Mercedes drivers put together, hopefully the guinea pig days are over.

Why isn't DTM in China and are all the trucks,people and cars in Zandvoort?

Audi coming on pretty strong at the moment, Marco may have clinched the drivers title, but at this rate BMW are going to struggle to collect the other titles thus year. It's not good enough, we need another clean sweep, no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back