2021 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT

1628558784077.png

All I have to say is this. Please make it look like the legendary Countachs of yesteryear and not some ugly, over-styled mess like the Veneno, Centenario, or most other Lamborghini specials of recent.

Looks like it's going to take inspiration from the Periscopio design. Not as popular to most, but definitely the cleaner, more original idea of the Countach.

Okay. Just please don't let it look like the 25th Anniversary abomination.

Last edited:
It it just me or does this thing look conspicuously like an Aventador with a cool name?

My bingo predictions:

• Stylised NACA duct on the doors
• Some form of teledial wheel
• Rear light treatment roughly in line with those of the original Countach
• The shape of the rear wheel arch cutouts to mimic Countach ones
• A slatted engine cover

Lamborghini sharing a few more teasers.

And it's dawned on me that this car is going to be the equivalent of the Bugatti Centodieci. Both cars are being built as homages. Both celebrate a milestone for the brand. Both have production numbers that relate to the homage; 112 examples likely from LP112, the Countach's project name. And both cars are the brain children of Stephan Winkelmann , who built Lamborghini's success to what it is, before leaving for Bugatti as their new President. He's likely seeing the success he's had since that promotion, to replicate it with the brand he knows extremely well now that as of this year, he has returned & become President/CEO of both marques.

Last edited:
Lamborghini sharing a few more teasers.

And it's dawned on me that this car is going to be the equivalent of the Bugatti Centodieci. Both cars are being built as homages. Both celebrate a milestone for the brand. Both have production numbers that relate to the homage; 112 examples likely from LP112, the Countach's project name. And both cars are the brain children of Stephan Winkelmann , who built Lamborghini's success to what it is, before leaving for Bugatti as their new President. He's likely seeing the success he's had since that promotion, to replicate it with the brand he knows extremely well now that as of this year, he has returned & become President/CEO of both marques.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
Indeed, but it's paying off. According to Winkelmann back in June, the last 3 years have been a financial success for the company & has allowed the company to create these "new" cars.

Edit* Seeing some drawings that might hint at what it'll look like, looks like a couple Sian-light touches here and there, but the design does look pretty clean & faithful to the Countach's blocky design. Don't see much of the "Hexagon" design Lamborghini has played off of.

Last edited:
I must say I'm looking forward to this Lamborghini more than anything teased in recent times. I second @GranTurNismo 's thoughts and hope they retain the (relatively) minimalistic cues of the original Countach without the crazy lines we have seen on limited-run Lamborghini models as of late.

Not sure how to feel about it. From the rear, shows off the Sian influence. Would've liked if the engine cover was more flat like on the Countachs than sloping back from the roof. Front is radically different. I think the iconic side vent is too big.

Looks like they tried to incorporate cues from the Periscopio and the LP400S when the wide fenders were brought in. Don't see any of the 25th in it, besides maybe the design of the bottom, front bumper.

Edit* Odds of it happening are probably zero, but I'll give them credit if they attempted to bring this good ol' boxy gauge cluster into the interior.
Lambo-countach-5.jpg

Last edited:
Back