2021 Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4

Yes. That rear end change makes a big difference.

Can you make the back of the taillights red as well?
updated

I know this is just a low-res render that we're seeing here, but it appears as if the sill area below the door and the lower lip of the front spoiler, are painted a slightly darker version of the body colour. This echos the way that area on the original curves under. Theres no doubt that its probably impossible to make this modern take copy that due to its donors construction, but this lighting trick does its best to give that impression. 👍

Last edited:
1628778888148.png

That's just a vent on a door, but wait a minute, they've done that name.

I'm generally in favor of how the new Countach looks. You can definitely tell it's Aventador-based, but I also see hints of Murcielago throughout the design, which the regular Aventador lacks.

Personally, I think the Countach should have been based on the Huracan instead. This way, the new Countach would be much closer to the size of the original. Though in that case, I think it would be harder to justify a 3.5 price tag.

Last edited:
The fact that they've used basically that exact rear end styling for every car since the Reventon makes it look less like a Countach throwback and more like an Aventador with an elaborate body kit that they couldn't couldn't change any of the hard points in the back with, though everything else looks fantastic (if not more Audi-Era Diablo than Countach).

Last edited:
The fact that they've used basically that exact rear end styling for every car since the Reventon makes it look less like a Countach throwback and more like an Aventador with an elaborate body kit that they couldn't couldn't change any of the hard points in the back with, though everything else looks fantastic (if not more Audi-Era Diablo than Countach).
Yeah, they could've made a more convincing Diablo throwback given what they had to start with.

Kinda like how the remake of the Bugatti EB110 is just a modded Chiron.

updated

I know this is just a low-res render that we're seeing here, but it appears as if the sill area below the door and the lower lip of the front spoiler, are painted a slightly darker version of the body colour. This echos the way that area on the original curves under. Theres no doubt that its probably impossible to make this modern take copy that due to its donors construction, but this lighting trick does its best to give that impression. 👍
Even better. Your two touches instantly sell that the car is a homage to the Countach and negate the Sian-influences.
I'm generally in favor of how the new Countach looks. You can definitely tell it's Aventador-based, but I also see hints of Murcielago throughout the design, which the regular Aventador lacks.

Personally, I think the Countach should have been based on the Huracan instead. This way, the new Countach would be much closer to the size of the original. Though in that case, I think it would be harder to justify a 3.5 price tag.
The owner base would've thrown a fit if the car debuted as a Huracan-underbody and had the V10 fitted instead of the V12, though.

Was hoping for flip-up headlights and a controversially-added bumper, but you can't have it all.

Not feeling it. Its better looking than basically any recent Lamborghinis - mostly because it's somewhat restrained - but I don't think it's particularly deserving of the Countach nameplate. The photoshopped version with the reduced side vent helps a lot but I'm guessing the crossectional area is pretty set by cooling & airflow needs. The front is reminiscent of the Murcielago to me, but nowhere near as pretty. The back has too much cyborg-era Lamborghini for me, though again, it's better than most of the stuff coming out of Lamborghini these days. I'll be really impressed when somebody manages to integrate switch glass into a headlight lens to replicate the appearance of flip-up headlights - at least the off appearance.

Considering the car it's built on and today's safety regulations, this is an applaudable effort by Lamborghini. They've successfully brought the Countach into the present day without ruining it's legacy. A much better effort than Bugatti with their EB110 homage...

Gotta agree with GranTurNismo on this one. It looks a bit wrong because the Aventador's too big, whereas the Huracan is a bit closer to the original Countach's proportions. Would probably need a bit of chassis modification and some cooling improvements for the V12.

There's something that's also quite generic about the design, but I just can't really put my finger on it. For one, I think the 'NACA' ducts are weird, the wheelarches aren't quite awkward enough and the front splitter piece actually looks too aerodynamically efficient. In fact, the whole car obviously looks like it's been sculpted by the air, rather than being built to look as egregious as the original was in its time.

That rear-end is absolutely perfect, though.

An attempt was made at retro. I actually like the front and rear but everything in the middle is either too much or not enough.

Diablo, Murcielago and Aventador were all EVOLUTION of the basic concept behind the Countach, mid engine V12 supercars.

Now, this is a 50th anniversary for Lambo. They couldn't ignore it and, TO ME, it seems like they rushed the project with some QUESTIONABLE choices, that i guess are mainly about PRICING AND PROJECT STRATEGY.

The car will have a 3millions euro pricetag.

It's not cheap but it's way cheaper than what i would have aimed at with such a product. I would have looked for a crowd willing to pay more, lets say 10 millions or so, for a more RADICAL, BAREBONE and FAITHFUL to the origin vehicle.

To be a real Countach they had, IMHO, to go with RWD only and a manual shifter(this would require to go through the VW inventory to find the right parts for the job). Strip out most of the amenities and mantain a more edgy look. They should have kept the Aventador tub while changing the whole roof and windows/windshield(i get that using totally the current Aventador structure saves also alot of crash testing$$$), rearranging much of the interior. This implies a lot of re engineering and custom parts,.

Stylewise, being the Countach a model that survived for 2 decades with many incarnation, from the very pure Lp400 to the outrageous 25th anniversary, the question "WHICH COUNTACH DO WE WANT TO INCARNATE ?" arises. Regardless of which Countach to chose, this new model's design it's influenced by the cooling needs of the Aventador platform. I guess they could have gone with other methods to force air into the 6.4l V12, but the ICONIC NACA INTAKE of the OG Countach is here lost, replaced by a more generous but totally out-of-place inlet.
The front is more successfulbut im not a fan of the big protuding chin;the tail is simply too much and the change of proportions of the elements makes it look less like a tribute model.

To me, the roads were 2:
1) REDESIGN on modern platform(2004 Ford GT is a good example)
2) FUTURE VISION of an iconic model(2017 Ford GT is the other example)

i think this is none of the two and it really ends up looking as a "cheap" repanelling. Sian and Centenario were both more interesting and spiritually closer to the Countach in many ways.

just like the BUGATTI CENTODIECI, this fails at paying a respectful hommage to a beloved model.
The COUNTACH NAME DESERVED MORE.

They went SAFE and offered their current crowd(mostly younger and "ignorant" asian customers that put performance numbers above all)

DISAPPOINTING

Not sure how to feel about it. From the rear, shows off the Sian influence. Would've liked if the engine cover was more flat like on the Countachs than sloping back from the roof. Front is radically different. I think the iconic side vent is too big.

Looks like they tried to incorporate cues from the Periscopio and the LP400S when the wide fenders were brought in. Don't see any of the 25th in it, besides maybe the design of the bottom, front bumper.

Edit* Odds of it happening are probably zero, but I'll give them credit if they attempted to bring this good ol' boxy gauge cluster into the interior.
Lambo-countach-5.jpg
so much of those wedge cars' appeal was in the interiors...this Countach or the first 2 gen Esprits.

Not feeling it. Its better looking than basically any recent Lamborghinis - mostly because it's somewhat restrained -
i think the Centenario's front execution is very close to the Countach's without attempting at being a redesign. The volume looks light and well kept above the road, just like the Countach. I think the Centenario it's a good example of a new Countach(in some areas) without going for a 1:1 redesign (e.g. the amazing 2004Ford Gt ).

Last edited:
without going for a 1:1 redesign (e.g. the amazing 2004Ford Gt ).

That was 1:1.15 redesign ;)

Anything Aventador based can only ever look like a modified Aventdor. It's carbon tub, which includes roof and roof pillars, dictates almost everything about the shape.

That was 1:1.15 redesign ;)

Anything Aventador based can only ever look like a modified Aventdor. It's carbon tub, which includes roof and roof pillars, dictates almost everything about the shape.
i agree completely, they should have reworked and tailored so much of the car the price would have been astronomical.

Watching the live-unveiling, Stephan confirms the car is a hybrid, running a super-capacitor. So, basically a re-skinned Sian.

Edit* Even kept the glass in the roof from the Sian.... Interior is just the Sian as well, no throwbacks to the Countach at all. The car starts off strong and just loses any of the Countach influence it should have as you go backwards. Couldn't have even bothered to put some vents on the bodywork above the rear wheels.
2022-Lamborghini-Countach-LPI-800-4-1.jpg

Last edited:
From the car suggestion forum:

I thought I would like it more, but uh...

It kind of looks like a heavily customised Huracan from the front, doesn't it? And the back is Sian but without the massive wing. Honestly, I expected more. Still voted, though.
What I said.

Fun fact: While there are plans to produce 112 models of the Countach, there are 33 colour options. Some of these may never be seen beyond the configurator :P
lamborghini-countach-colors.jpg

Fun fact: While there are plans to produce 112 models of the Countach, there are 33 colour options. Some of these may never be seen beyond the configurator :P
I'm interested in the Verde Scandal. I can't quite tell if it's green enough.

I think people should have been realistic about what is possible on a limited budget.

On a $3 mil car where the whole project will only net you just over $400 mil. I can only conclude that this is a light reskin given those cost constraints. I think it looks good.

Its not the multi billion dollar affair the new Ford GT is but what did you expecting given they spent so little.

This is merely an advertising campaign. Spend as little as possible on this project for maximum effect. This effort is less cynical than all those other updates but I dont expect them to spend a billion dollars to get $400 mil. revenue!

Lamborghini said when they showed the Miura Concept that they weren't going to build it because as a company they're all about looking forward, not backward. But I guess when you can just rebody a current model and sell it for a massive price hike it's worth butchering your own heritage.

IMO, the Veneno is a lot closer in spirit to the original Countach than this thing ever will.

Latest Posts

Back