2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
Hi, if sign ups are still open I'd like to register my interest please

GTPlanet name: HoonigaN96
PSN Name: RZR_Motorsport96
Car: Subaru BRZ GT300
Number: #10

Just a question, what are the rules on just whacking big turbos onto cars, I see the PP limit is 780, but are we allowed to just throw a big turbo at the cars or not 😅?

Thank you
Yeah mate, Sign-ups are still open.

As for your question on big turbos. That's something I want to test myself at Watkins Glen. I've been running the stock turbo on the Lancer so far (for that matter I've been running the stock gearbox too :crazy: ).

Now given as we have BoP for the power and weight, I don't see an advantage to a different turbo from stock aside from maybe it spooling up quicker and you can reach your top speed quicker. That said, I also don't see how I can police it either, given that the lobby host doesn't have the options to ban certain parts (aside from NoS).

That said personally, I would like to see a mixture of car engine types (meaning if it doesn't have a turbo from the factory, then it should stay that way.) But as I said, it's not something that can be enforced easily (aside from checking the replays back and looking for it). And that's not something I would like to have to do, as it has the potential to start arguments.

I might be easier to allow it as would add an element of strategy (do I run the big turbo, or the small one for this race.) But truthfully, I don't know if it will make a difference given the combined BoP and PP limits.

But feel free to turn up to a Pre-Season event or two and test for yourself as well.

Also, I've added a Provisional Classing List based on the opening two Pre-Season events. I've based this list purely on fastest lap speed from Kyoto and Deep Forest.

Given that we have tuning as a new element to this series (compared with our GT Sport regs) it has at the moment changed the classing of some of our returning drivers. This list will be updated as more data becomes available on each drivers true speed.

Last edited:
Yeah mate, Sign-ups are still open.

As for your question on big turbos. That's something I want to test myself at Watkins Glen. I've been running the stock turbo on the Lancer so far (for that matter I've been running the stock gearbox too :crazy: ).

Now given as we have BoP for the power and weight, I don't see an advantage to a different turbo from stock aside from maybe it spooling up quicker and you can reach your top speed quicker. That said, I also don't see how I can police it either, given that the lobby host doesn't have the options to ban certain parts (aside from NoS).

That said personally, I would like to see a mixture of car engine types (meaning if it doesn't have a turbo from the factory, then it should stay that way.) But as I said, it's not something that can be enforced easily (aside from checking the replays back and looking for it). And that's not something I would like to have to do, as it has the potential to start arguments.

I might be easier to allow it as would add an element of strategy (do I run the big turbo, or the small one for this race.) But truthfully, I don't know if it will make a difference given the combined BoP and PP limits.

But feel free to turn up to a Pre-Season event or two and test for yourself as well.
OK, I'll make a setup for each and see how it goes at the next test date 👍

Is there any requirements for the Livery? As in specific locations for the number plates, specific sponsor decals or anything like that?

I'm working on mine at the moment, I think it'd be nice if all liveries had some common decals, @paoloevans have you uploaded your number plates to gt7?

Is there any requirements for the Livery? As in specific locations for the number plates, specific sponsor decals or anything like that?

I'm working on mine at the moment, I think it'd be nice if all liveries had some common decals, @paoloevans have you uploaded your number plates to gt7?

Hi mate. No I did it all "in game". I mixed together the GTWC logo made by @Kuraudo and the old Blancpain number box with GTPlanet logos.

As @paoloevans said. There is no requirement, although a number of us are running the number boards in the fashion described.

I'll post direct links when I get home to the decals to make them easier to find.

The only set rule is that they must meet the Gran Turismo terms of service regarding content material (ie no naked girls, etc).

As promised the links to the decals.

Blancpain Number board (best version I found in the GT7 showcase)

The GTWC, Pro and AM decals curtesy of our very own @Kuraudo

As promised the links to the decals.

Blancpain Number board (best version I found in the GT7 showcase)

The GTWC, Pro and AM decals curtesy of our very own @Kuraudo

Thank you very much for that...I'll get on with it today

Yes. We will be using the Nascar layout for the third Pre-Season Test Day.

Time of day will be Sunrise. With zero chance of rain.

@Raptor013 @Kuraudo

Hi lads. Very sorry I can't make tonight. I know I've missed 2 of the pre season tests, this does not mean I am not pumped for the new season! Really hope to hit the track with you both soon!

Have fun tonight 😄

I need to be finished by 10pm, so if that’s fine then here’s my details

GTPlanet Name - coyb20
PSN - Cubiziod
Car - Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept ‘18
Racing Number - 23

Im B/S so Am might be a suitable category. Wont make any more practice sessions so sorry if that’s a pain

Hey guys. Just a heads up, I'll have to postpone this Friday's Test event at High Speed Ring, as I've been handed a last minute filming gig down at Phillip Island Raceway and will be traveling interstate.

I'll move the High Speed Ring date to the 7th of October so we still have 2 more Pre-Season events before the season proper kicks off.

Hey guys. Just a heads up, I'll have to postpone this Friday's Test event at High Speed Ring, as I've been handed a last minute filming gig down at Phillip Island Raceway and will be traveling interstate.

I'll move the High Speed Ring date to the 7th of October so we still have 2 more Pre-Season events before the season proper kicks off.
Got it :) .

Ok mate, no worries 👍

Sign me up as a part time for the official season, I will try to attend as many as possible.

PSN Name: RA-A_MrT17
Car: TBA
Number: 17
Welcome to the series.

Just a heads up for everyone. Tomorrows Pre-Season event at Nurburgring will feature rain. Please ignore the race duration of 10 Hours (we won't be doing it), but I'll be setting various wet weather settings to simulate rain showers coming in and drying tracks, etc.

Livery starting to come along nicely ahead of Round 1
Lancer Front.jpg

Lancer Rear.jpg

Just need to find a title sponsor for the car now.

Latest Posts

Back