2023-24 Formula 1 Off-Track Thread

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 825 comments
New drama. Stake, a gambling company which means it cannot be called Stake in certain countries, does not have a license to operate in Switzerland - the country Sauber is based in...

This could rival Rich Energy at this rate.

New drama. Stake, a gambling company which means it cannot be called Stake in certain countries, does not have a license to operate in Switzerland - the country Sauber is based in...

Would be a shame if Switzerland abolished their 69 year law forbidding F1 races just to embarrass Sauber.

They should make a rule where certain parts of the car must be painted so they can’t just go bare carbon and call it black.

Two years ago:
Alonso is 40, not in a front-running car and can still body most of the grid. Give him a Ferrari and Sainz is unemployed.
Well, I was almost right. Hamilton pretty much fits the same description.

Edit: Then I found this:

It took Michael Schumacher handpicking his own staff that dragged Ferrari out of the doldrums then and I don't know whom they could possibly poach to do the same thing now. The only comparable situation that would work is if Lewis Hamilton went to Ferrari and took all of Mercedes' key technical staff with him and that isn't going to happen notwithstanding that Hamilton is approaching the final quarter of his career unlike Schumacher in 1996.
I wonder if Hamilton is bringing anyone specific with him?

Last edited:
I wonder if Hamilton is bringing anyone specific with him?
I've been seeing reports that Hamilton won't be able to take certain Mercedes staff with him due to an anti-poaching agreement in his contract, but honestly, with moves like this, you never know what could happen.

The VCARB 01 has been leaked:

20240209_073015.jpg

Last edited:
The VCARB 01 has been leaked:

View attachment 1326613

I'd like to see the side by side shot of this car with the RB19. IMO, while the shape of the sidepods looks a little bit different, it looks virtually the same as the RB19. They also said that comes testing the sidepods and the floor edges will be different than what is shown so I'm curious.
Props to them for actually showing up in an actual livery.... definitely A for effort.

Looks Meh.
Was it designed in a video game livery editor?
Just so meh.
This is what I was thinking too. Yes, I appreciate the colour, but it looks horrid, there doesn't appear to be any beauty in it and it looks a mess. I have found one angle it looks any good from - directly above:

image.jpg

Last edited:
To think, Ferrari having a plain red car is probably going to end up being the cleanest looking and most visually interesting thing this year. Provided they don't give it an ugly gradient or neon blob thinly disguising Phillip-Morris sponsorship to spoil it, that is.

Last edited:
To think, Ferrari having a plain red car is probably going to end up being the cleanest looking and most visually interesting thing this year. Provided they don't give it an ugly gradient or neon blob thinly disguising Phillip-Morris sponsorship to spoil it, that is.
Speaking of Ferrari, they have just presented the new firesuits for this season. They feature a lot of yellow and white details.

Having some sort of livery that resembles their LeMans Hypercar and the works 296 GT3 entries would be a nice twist.

Speaking of Ferrari, they have just presented the new firesuits for this season. They feature a lot of yellow and white details.

Having some sort of livery that resembles their LeMans Hypercar and the works 296 GT3 entries would be a nice twist.
Looks to me they're going for the hypercar route just by the overalls. I really hope they do.

Back