2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 805 comments
With the investment they've already made, I can't see them pulling out now.
You'd be surprised. Projects like this tend to be the first to go when a new administration wants to look better than the previous. If new management comes in at Audi who wasn't responsible for that spending, they could and would quite quickly sweep it under the rug and use it to brag about how they're saving money by eliminating unnecessary spending.

Audi quitting will keep alive my favourite running joke in Formula One; Volkswagen constantly rumoured but not actually being in F1. Make it happen.

Audi quitting will keep alive my favourite running joke in Formula One; Volkswagen constantly rumoured but not actually being in F1. Make it happen.
VW in F1 will probably mean a lot of cars falling apart.

It would be in character for VAG though. I do hope they make it otherwise the sportscar withdrawal will look utterly dumb.

It would be a stupid thing for Audi to get out of F1 now.
This rumor pops up every few months now. It feels like these are started by a rival manufacturer to dissuade their people from moving to Audi.

Last edited:
This rumor pops up every few months now. It feels like these are started by a rival manufacturer to dissuade their people from moving to Audi.
Yeh, people will go there for the money even if it's only going to last a few years before bean counters logically cancel the project. Success like Toyota factory effort likely?
I personally don't see the value to associate the brand with the farce that Fl is currently - and the last few rule changes have been a disaster, I can't imagine the rule makers are suddenly going to get the next regulations much better... but maybe "it can't be any worse"... hahaha

F1.com: Briatore back at Enstone

Like fungus on a shower curtain, you can scrub and scrub but it keeps coming back.
Maybe there's hope for Andrea Sassetti to make his glorious return after all, then.

I'm presuming that the executive advisor role is similar to an executive producer in movies, where they don't actually do anything involving actual operations but having their name attached to the project makes the funding come in more generously.

Maybe there's hope for Andrea Sassetti to make his glorious return after all, then.

I'm presuming that the executive advisor role is similar to an executive producer in movies, where they don't actually do anything involving actual operations but having their name attached to the project makes the funding come in more generously.
Sounds like a similar role to what Niki Lauda had at Mercedes.

Briatore has been working directly for Domenicali at FOM/F1 as a consultant since 2021, which was also officially announced via Twitter at the time, even Horner congratulated Flavio with a tweet. (https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/n...-Flavio-Briatore-zurueck-in-der-Formel-1.html)

It's a bit funny how people from F1 are only now getting upset, although he has been in the paddock regularly in his official role for FOM/F1 for the last 2.5 years and was often seen before beeing back in a official role. Especially in Baku, Monaco, etc. with "important" guests, he is almost always in the paddock club networking. (https://www.instagram.com/billionaire_baku_event)

After he and Symonds were acquitted in court in 2010 of the "lifetime ban" imposed by the FIA in 2009, they threatened to sue the FIA for damages. Before this was realised, a settlement was negotiated out of court, i.e. the FIA paid the two of them a rumoured 6 to 7-figure sum to have peace of mind and was then allowed to say publicly that the two would not be able to return to the tracks until 2012 so as not to lose face in public. (https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/n...-Flavio-Briatore-zurueck-in-der-Formel-1.html)

Briatore had already finalised the deal for 2016 between F1 (then still with Bernie) and Baku to host the GP there. He had excellent connections to the despotic Aliyev presidential family and continues to collect $5 million (according to Joe Saward) as commission every time the GP is held. In addition, no doubt purely by coincidence, he has his Billionaire nightclub within walking distance of the track and organises annual promotional events to coincide with the F1 race. (https://www.motorsport-total.com/fo...briatore-in-baku-millionen-scheffelt-17062908)

He continues to manage Alonso, so he was certainly directly involved in the story surrounding Alonso's departure from Alpine and Piastri's cancellation.

Always in business and has never been away from F1.

Well this is a bit unexpected and left-field. Going for the James Vowles at Williams approach here.

Red Bull are now suffering from Mercedes brain drain. At this rate Max will jump ship I'm getting more sure with each development in the story.

Well this is a bit unexpected
Nope thats not true that this is unexpected. It was known that his contract ends this year and he was in talks with other teams, especially after Horner continued as TP despite the scandal and Wheatleys path was blocked to step up to TP. Back in May when RB renewed with Paul Monaghan after already renewing Enrico Balbo and Ben Waterhouse before this seemed very likely that that Wheatley would not renew at RB.

Good for Whitley though. He was never going to move up at Red Bull, despite being there for a very long time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see at least couple more key personnel from other teams making the jump before the season is out, Audi is offering a clean slate to work with and the mentality of "we do things a certain way around here" that tends to dominate the already established teams makes moving between them difficult at best.

Back