2024 Formula 1 Drivers threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 626 comments
Didn't Herta miss the 40 points?
He did, whereas Antonelli already has enough Super License points, he just wasn't old enough.

Interestingly, he turns 18 in August, meaning this rule change isn't necessarily meant for him, unless he's going to find himself in a certain Americans superpowered Duracell battery very soon.

Sainz to Audi seem seems like such a no brainer to me.
I find it really weird that it’s apparently not happening.
Was kind of bracing for a Sainz to Williams announcement this weekend.

Williams may be his best option imo. Albon would be easy to get along with, the team is getting better and a Mercedes engine for 2026 is probably lucrative. A 2+2 deal sounds pretty good too.

Sauber hasn't made a good car in a long time, and Ferrari won't be doing them any favours on the supplier side in their final year. Who knows if Audi will have a good engine too.
He's also going to have to face off against Hulkenberg again, which I don't think will go well for him, especially in a bad car.

Alpine/Renault just cannot seem to catch up and has the most toxic work enviroment out of them all. They were even talking about using another manufacturer's engine for 2026 instead of the one they developed, that says it all really.

Last edited:
Williams may be his best option imo. Albon would be easy to get along with, the team is getting better and a Mercedes engine for 2026 is probably lucrative. A 2+2 deal sounds pretty good too.

Sauber hasn't made a good car in a long time, and Ferrari won't be doing them any favours on the supplier side in their final year. Who knows if Audi will have a good engine too.
He's also going to have to face off against Hulkenberg again, which I don't think will go well for him, especially in a bad car.

Alpine/Renault just cannot seem to catch up and has the most toxic work enviroment out of them all. They were even talking about using another manufacturer's engine for 2026 instead of the one they developed, that says it all really.

Williams seem to be going backwards though and Sauber is not gonna be Sauber much longer.
Both money and long term perspective should be better at Audi I assume.

Nobody should go to Alpine, but I think Liam Lawson might end up there because RB refuse to let go of their underperforming drivers.

Last edited:
Well, Mechachrome built the F2-derived engines in their A424s that went poof (even though the F2 engine seems to have a history for doing so) & tmu, they currently assist Renault in building the engine in the F1 cars. I could see why maybe Alpine wants something else, although engine reliability seems to be at its peak & I don't think the engine is where they're struggling? They've done better the last 2 races, maybe they think Sainz will see that as optimism since they're still ahead of his other 2 options.

Last edited:
Well, Mechachrome built the F2-derived engines in their A424s that went poof (even though the F2 engine seems to have a history for doing so) & tmu, they currently assist Renault in building the engine in the F1 cars. I could see why maybe Alpine wants something else, although engine reliability seems to be at its peak & I don't think the engine is where they're struggling? They've done better the last 2 races, maybe they think Sainz will see that as optimism since they're still ahead of his other 2 options.
I think the engine is about 25bhp down vs everyone else which is quite a lot. Probably closer to 75bhp per tonne.

Still weird that one of the 3 factory teams would ditch themselves. Especially with the new engine regs coming up, surely a chance to redeem.

It's just very expensive building your own engines. Aston Martin and McLaren also running Merc instead of building their own. I understand the point and don't get the hate about it.

Really astonishing how many drivers are currently on the grid that shouldn’t have a contract at all. Considering there are only 20 places it’s wild that like 25% of them are garbage.

I love how teams actually don't care. Red Bull and Aston, that is. I mean, Ferrari fits that list too, kinda, when they sacked Sainz?

But the difference with Ferrari is they at least hire quality drivers.

Last edited:
Stroll, Sargeant, Zhou, Bottas, Magnussen, Perez, Ricciardo, Tsunoda, Ocon, Gasly are 50% of the grid and Alonso is debatable.
You have Formula 1 consisting of Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton, Russell and Piastri.
Formula 1.5 consisting of your drivers.
Formula Unknown consists of Alonso and Albon.

You have Formula 1 consisting of Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton, Russell and Piastri.
Formula 1.5 consisting of your drivers.
Formula Unknown consists of Alonso and Albon.
you forgot someone

F1 GIF by Lando Norris

Zhou is out of F1 next year according to Edd Straw. I can't think of any stand out things from him other than his crash at Silverstone. He's completely anonymous.

Zhou is out of F1 next year according to Edd Straw. I can't think of any stand out things from him other than his crash at Silverstone. He's completely anonymous.
That's surprising unless there is another Chinese driver waiting to take over.

Stroll, Sargeant, Zhou, Bottas, Magnussen, Perez, Ricciardo, Tsunoda, Ocon, Gasly are 50% of the grid and Alonso is debatable.
To Yuki's credit, he is improving. We're halfway through the season and he's already scored more points than he did last year & 2022. If they put Liam next to him, that team might actually have a shot at besting Aston Martin.

Latest Posts

Back