2024 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

The #01 Cadillac takes the win in the 2024 Petit Le Mans! What an amazing finish for this partnership.

The #23 Aston Vantage GTE can only manage 3rd-in-class, meaning that AO Racing snatches this years GTD Pro title from the jaws of defeat!

The #01 Cadillac takes the win in the 2024 Petit Le Mans! What an amazing finish for this partnership.

The #23 Aston Vantage GTE can only manage 3rd-in-class, meaning that AO Racing snatches this years GTD Pro title from the jaws of defeat!
ed7.jpg

And Rexy is ahead by a four-point deficit, especially considering IMSA's points system which would have left the folks at AO Racing scratching their heads and biting their nails.

The Porsche 911 GT3 R really is the greatest modern FIA GT3 race car, having dominated this year's IMSA season, as well as FIA WEC and even won its class at Le Mans. The way this car raced will be remembered forever.

I just watched the last two hours of the race now... :eek: Incredible finish, and unbelievable drama right at the end!

Congrats to the #7 Porsche Penske on the Championship win :cheers:

Some of the interviews and comments made me sad:
  • BMW won't build gtp cars for customers, because "the gt3 machinery is already too complicated"...
  • Lamborghini entering a second sc63 next year, but (probably) pulling the existing car out for the next wec season

About the race:
  • the accident with the ford mustang and the leading acura was terrifying and heartbreaking (And I'm not even a fan of acura gtp :D), great that both drivers were not physically injured
  • some of the lambo gt3 cars were performing very well, the gtd pro car with Pepper onboard and the two in the top 6 in the gtd class
  • bad luck for the iron dames, but at least they finished the race
  • one of the proton mustangs set a new record by not finishing a single race this season :(
  • the battles in lmp2 made me realize how much I miss them in the wec

Overall the race was very entertaining (no hours long fcy or rad flags) and I'm excited for the next season :D

Back