2024 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 413 comments
And with that, the 34th car in points, lowest of all full time drivers, has made the playoffs. 😐

And with that, the 34th car in points, lowest of all full time drivers, has made the playoffs. 😐
Only a couple years ago, it wouldn't have put Burton or the #21 in because there was a top-30 requirement.

Honestly, I feel like Burton's win, as well as his stellar defense from Kyle Busch, will be end up being undermined in the long run because of the playoff system.

What an insane result. Have you ever? Playoffs aside, this win was a fantastic surprise and Leigh Diffey only made it better. I'm not a Harrison Burton fan but I was screaming for him as he charged to the lead and edged out Kyle Busch. I thought Harrison would get turned as he got lose in front of Kyle, but he held on for what I'd consider a classic finish. Jeff, your little boy has done it. Wow. Unbelievable scenes.

Looks like Cup is going south of the border - motorsport.com is reporting that they'll be at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in June 2025, along with Xfinity (which ran the track 2005-2009) and NASCAR Mexico. There might be an additional chicane on the main straight (likely matching the configuration Xfinity ran in 2005 and 2006), but otherwise it will be what F1 runs.

Also, the final appeal officer upheld the modified RCR penalty, noting that the in-car data supported the NASCAR claim a rule violation occurred.

Looks like Cup is going south of the border - motorsport.com is reporting that they'll be at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in June 2025, along with Xfinity (which ran the track 2005-2009) and NASCAR Mexico. There might be an additional chicane on the main straight (likely matching the configuration Xfinity ran in 2005 and 2006), but otherwise it will be what F1 runs.

Also, the final appeal officer upheld the modified RCR penalty, noting that the in-car data supported the NASCAR claim a rule violation occurred.
sweats in Kyle Busch

Photo in this tweet implies that Xfinity will race there as well.

Edit: confirmed

Last edited:

Photo in this tweet implies that Xfinity will race there as well.

Edit: confirmed

That is the Iowa weekend this year. Guess that track is a one-and-done.

Meanwhile, the Trucks aren't coming back to my track, the Milwaukee Mile, next year because Indy took their weekend and the promoter couldn't find another weekend that didn't interfere with the Wisconsin State Fair.

Edit - Or is it Richmond that's losing out to Mexico? Richmond will be down to 1 race next year.

Last edited:
That is the Iowa weekend this year. Guess that track is a one-and-done.

Meanwhile, the Trucks aren't coming back to my track, the Milwaukee Mile, next year because Indy took their weekend and the promoter couldn't find another weekend that didn't interfere with the Wisconsin State Fair.

Edit - Or is it Richmond that's losing out to Mexico? Richmond will be down to 1 race next year.
As long as they run the option tire at the only remaining Richmond race I am okay with this.

Xfinity and Truck series are expected to return to Rockingham next year.

I am so, SO excited for this. I fell in love with Rockingham thru iRacing and have been hoping that NASCAR would give it another chance. I will be in attendance for both races there.

Last edited:

Xfinity and Truck series are expected to return to Rockingham next year.

I am so, SO excited for this. I fell in love with Rockingham thru iRacing and have been hoping that NASCAR would give it another chance. I will be in attendance for both races there.

Carson Hocevar was right.

I’m really stoked for Mexico. Hopefully they race on the full layout.

Also now that it’s on the schedule, iRacing will most likely have it in the future.

Xfinity Schedule:

Rockingham on Easter Weekend, Mexico City is June 14th.

Trucks Schedule:

Rockingham with Xfinity, Lime Rock Park on June 28th.

Truex is fairly safe but if there is a new winner, he might have just knocked himself out of the playoffs with that crash.

Chase Briscoe wins the Southern 500 over Kyle Busch, and puts a Stewart Haas car in the playoffs in their final season.

IMG_1424.jpeg

Last edited:
Josh Berry somehow clinched the spot for the 54 despite Gibbs wrecking because it knocked out enough cars that he couldn't fall behind the 17 or 23.

Surprise Corey LaJoie bringing home P9.

Can we also talk about how Briscoe and Busch put over five seconds on Bell by the end of the race.

I was disappointed that Suarez got caught up in that last wreck because he seemed to have a top ten finish going. overall i thought it was a great race though and I am super happy for Chase.

Last edited:
Back