2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 216 comments
That was Dave Canales only choice to bench Young. I feel he risked losing the locker room. Young looks skittish and he needs to sit awhile can he come back probably not. We'll see though
Edit: It has been really hard to evaluate Bama QBs since they had the best of everything

Last edited:
It was a 22-21 victory for the Atlanta Falcons at the Philadelphia Eagles last night.

Before I hype up Week 3 of the NFL, did you know that on this day (September 17) in 1920... today's National Football League was born? The NFL of then was originally called the American Professional Football Association and based in Canton, Ohio; and it was also mostly confined to the Midwestern market. It would be called the National Football League in 1922. At this time, college football was bigger than the future NFL. Each of the APFA team owners assembled while sitting in some of the old cars (called "Hupmobiles") at Ralph Hay's car showroom. Team owners had to pay a $100 USD fee to be part of this meeting, and a lineup of your roster had to be submitted by mail. There were 10 founding member teams that joined followed by four more later that Fall/Autumn. A team called the Massillon Tigers left the meeting. The founding members:

• Akron Pros
  • Buffalo All-Americans
  • Canton Bulldogs
  • Chicago Cardinals <- still around, as today's Arizona Cardinals
  • Chicago Tigers
  • Cleveland Tigers
  • Columbus Panhandles
  • Dayton Triangles
  • Decatur Staleys <- still around, as today's Chicago Bears
  • Detroit Heralds
  • Hammond Pros
  • Muncie Flyers
  • Rochester Jeffersons
  • Rock Island Independents

Interesting, huh? I got this from a Yahoo! Sports e-mail I got recently. Let's do Week 3 now!

Here are my own previews of some upcoming games, most of which may interest active GTPlaneteers:

* A classic NYC-Boston rivalry ensues for Thursday Night as the New England Patriots head into the shadow of New York City to meet Blitz24's New York Jets.

* The other New York City team will leave the NYC area and go to northeastern Ohio. The New York Giants will try to take down the Cleveland Browns on the road.

* The Houston Texans got tested at Indianapolis and against Chicago- winning both. Now, the Texans (the only AFC South team that has won after two weeks) will head up north to take on the 2-0 Minnesota Vikings in their house.

* The Green Bay Packers will be going down to the Music City to take on the Tennessee Titans. The Titans are seeking their first win of the season.

* Philadelphia, fresh off of failing against the Atlanta Falcons, will go to New Orleans to take on the New Orleans Saints, who demolished the Dallas Cowboys on the road last week.

* The other Pennsylvania NFL team will be hosting the Los Angeles Chargers. Find out if the Pittsburgh Steelers can take care of the Bolts at home.

* The Denver Broncos will head on down to Tampa Bay to take on the Buccaneers.

* Omnis' Miami Dolphins will take a LONG flight northwest to play at the Seattle Seahawks.

* The Carolina Panthers made a QB change. Will it make a difference, though, when the Panthers play at the Las Vegas Raiders?

* Dallas seen and heard all of the memes and jokes about them losing bad to New Orleans. The Cowboys can get back into winning graces with the surprisingly 0-2 Baltimore Ravens coming to the DFW area.

* Joey D's Detroit Lions will go into the desert to take on the Arizona Cardinals.

* Our Sunday Night Football game this week will be the Kansas City Chiefs at the Atlanta Falcons.

* We got TWO Monday Night Football games this week! First, the AFC is in vogue as the Jacksonville Jaguars of the AFC South will go well north to take on the AFC East's Buffalo Bills.

* The other Monday Night game coming up involves the Washington Commanders going into southwestern Ohio to play at Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals.

Whew... that was a lot! Enjoy the 2024 NFL Season's Week 3, GTPlaneteers!

Being a Rams fan, I thought our season was going be tough. However, we played well in Wk1 against the Lions, so I was then thinking that the season might not be as bad as I expected.

But then Kyler Murray showed up and made the most of 99 not being there.

Too many injuries to key players already, and you can't lose the best defensive player in all of football and not notice.

49ers next and I'm not holding out much hope there either.

I finally get to watch the Jets! Unfortunately it will have to be on my laptop as I haven't mounted any TVs in our new place yet. The Pats run & play good defense which always works. Hopefully the Jets can beat them. Looking at the rosters they should beat able to them very easily but it is rivalry game and they can go differently than what is expected. I wll probably watch the Panthers as well to see how they fare with Dalton. I have been listening UnSportsmanlike on ESPN the past few days and Evan Cohen has been pushing now is a good time for Miami to trade for Bryce Young and let McDaniels work with him while Tua is on IR. I must say that is an interesting idea because while Bryce Young has been bad, Carolina set him up to fail so it would be interesting to see what he could do with some real coaching

Last edited:
Who are the most annoying players in the NFL right now? According to a poll on Action Network, here are the top 5 most annoying players in the NFL right now:

• Aaron Rodgers (NYJ) - 27%
  • Travis Kelce (KC) - 17%
  • Odell Beckham, Jr. (MIA) - 10%
  • Patrick Mahomes (KC) - 8%
  • Dak Prescott (DAL) - 5%

So it's safe to say lots of people are annoyed on the Chiefs. Two out of the five most annoying players voted in this poll are Kansas City Chiefs. I was surprised Dak Prescott didn't top this list. As a "Swiftie," I can certainly see Travis Kelce ranked more annoying than Patrick Mahomes. What do you all think about this list?

Who are the most annoying players in the NFL right now? According to a poll on Action Network, here are the top 5 most annoying players in the NFL right now:

• Aaron Rodgers (NYJ) - 27%
  • Travis Kelce (KC) - 17%
  • Odell Beckham, Jr. (MIA) - 10%
  • Patrick Mahomes (KC) - 8%
  • Dak Prescott (DAL) - 5%

So it's safe to say lots of people are annoyed on the Chiefs. Two out of the five most annoying players voted in this poll are Kansas City Chiefs. I was surprised Dak Prescott didn't top this list. As a "Swiftie," I can certainly see Travis Kelce ranked more annoying than Patrick Mahomes. What do you all think about this list?
It would be more bearable if the camera didn't cut to Taylor celebrating like crazy every time the Chiefs simply got a first down. And it doesn't even matter if it's Kelce who made the play, the network shows her anyway. I couldn't care less about the players themselves. Though I guess it can get annoying watching Mahomes put his arms up in the air in the "That was clearly pass interference!!!" manner every time a pass isn't caught. To be fair, I think just about all the quarterbacks do that, so it could be the camera pans to him more often whenever it does happen.

NFL Week 3 begins tonight with an AFC East battle. The New England Patriots will be at Blitz24's New York Jets. It's a classic NYC vs. Boston battle. Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following in some capacity!

Back