2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 344 comments
GG @Dolph Drago I sure wish we had a kicker worth a bleep. But I'm happy it was a close, good game.

Sorry to hear about Hutchinson @Joey D, is that a season ending injury?

Jerome
There's an outside chance he could be good to go if the Lions make the Super Bowl, but that would require some serious healing. He'll likely be out until Week 1 next year. The good news is that Hutch's dad is an ER trauma doctor at one of the major health systems in the Detroit area. I'm guessing he'll be there to help his son out when he's not with the team's doctors.
What did Dallas do to make Dan Campbell that mad?
They refused to give him a contract when he played for them, and despite being brought in as a TE1, they skipped over him from Jason Witten. Dallas was also never straightforward with him, which is why Campbell is pretty upfront with his players. Campbell has had a grudge against Dallas since 2005.

It looks like the Hassan Riddick saga might come to an end as he has hired a new agent Drew Rosenhaus. I suspect the Jets will cave and give him a multiyear contract 🤣

It was an ugly win the for Bengals last night. It's just crazy that their only touchdown up until Brown took it in near the end was Burrow's 40+ yard rush on the first drive of the game. The defense finally had a good game. Having a healthy D-line certainly helps.

On this day in NFL history Joe Montana passed for his career high of 476 yards and 6 touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. Jerry Rice had 5 touchdown catches and 225 receiving yards. AND I WAS THERE!!!! I didn't realize it until I saw Pardon The Interruption mention it today. It was magical to watch. We were sitting in the upper part of the endzone that was in the shade if you watch the highlights. Sitting in the endzone you could really watch Montana and Rice just torch the Atlanta secondary. The timing of the passes, the routes Rice was running, it was a thing of beauty and I'm so glad I got the chance to see it.

Two things:
  • no one wants to win tonight?
  • NY has the worst kickers. Change my mind :lol:

Jerome

The Buffalo Bills at New York Jets Monday Night match goes to the Bills. It was 23-20 in favor of the team from upstate New York. So the Bills bounce back after taking a loss at my Houston Texans.

Welcome to Week 7! Lucky 7... or unlucky 7? It is already halfway through October. Let's keep this rock rolling with these games (among others) coming up:

* Who Dat? Thursday Night Football takes place at the site of Super Bowl LIX- New Orleans. The Denver Broncos will go from a Mile High above sea level to below sea level New Orleans and 'dem Saints.

* London has itself another game, but this time at Wembley Stadium. After both teams got whacked last week, whacking each other in London will be the New England Patriots and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

* The Houston Texans face a stern test in Green Bay when they will meet the Green Bay Packers. Can the Texans improve to 6-1 on the 2024 season?

* Buckeye State pride is on the line. Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals will try to get back-to-back wins when they go to Cleveland to face the Browns. Cleveland tries to "Defend the Land" against the Cats from southwestern Ohio.

* Omnis' Miami Dolphins will head up to Indianapolis to take on the Colts.

* The NFC North is balling. They are the only Division where every team has a winning record. Joey D's Detroit Lions will go to Minneapolis to try to hand the Minnesota Vikings their first loss of the season. They will be playing with heavy hearts after Aidan Hutchinson went down with an injury last week.

* Jump_Ace's New York Giants will welcome a flock of Eagles from Philadelphia. This is an NFC East match as the Giants will try to shock the Philadelphia Eagles.

* The Carolina Panthers will head up to the Washington, D.C. area to take on the surprising Washington Commanders.

* The San Francisco 49ers hope to hand the Kansas City Chiefs their first loss of 2024. Will KC still be undefeated after their trip to Santa Clara?

* A glamour city meets a Blue Collar city for Sunday Night football. The Pittsburgh Steelers host a Sunday Night game as Blitz24 and kjb' New York Jets try to tame the Steelers in the Steel City.

* TWO Monday Night football games coming up this week. First, it's the Baltimore Ravens of the AFC North going south to meet the NFC South's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Baltimore is trying to stay hot after a slow start to the season.

* West meets West. The Los Angeles Chargers of the AFC West venture eastward to take on the NFC West's Arizona Cardinals.

** BYE WEEK: Chicago, Dallas

Many more games to be played than what I mentioned, but I hope you all get to enjoy this week's games. Cheer on your beloved teams!

Well it's the same old Jets. Do they just enough to not win. This game the offense was decent but the defense got gashed by a back up running back no less. Kicker can't kick. Has someone put a curse on NY kickers? The soccer better watch out 🤣 . Anyway the Steelers are up next and it might be another loss for the Jets. I wanna say I have seen this movie before the Jets get a GB QB people get excited about it and then the coach gets fired. I'm not quite to saying Just End The Season but I will give them a few more games. The season is very long and any thing can happen

Not sure if the Jets or Steelers fans are more pessimistic for this one :lol:

We finally got our running game going vs Las Vegas, but lost our 4th starting lineman. The only one left is pretty much the worst tackle in the entire league. Luckily the defence is playing well and keeping us in games, it’ll be fun sending them against Rodgers.

And let Crosby go. He deserves better.
So I know this isn't going to happen because the price will justifiably be too high. But the Raiders should let him go to Detroit. We have a need for a pass rusher and he'll be close to home.

So I know this isn't going to happen because the price will justifiably be too high. But the Raiders should let him go to Detroit. We have a need for a pass rusher and he'll be close to home.
Hassan Riddick is available and he can be had for a 3rd of 4th rder 🤣

Back