2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 372 comments
So there seems to be discrepancies in the transient dyno testing, but and this is an insane but IMHO, it could be down to the Chev engine being near the bottom of the performance window.

From Adcafe: ''Where the two engines that were tested in the USA fit within that tolerance may also explain the differences recorded at AVL, with the Chev believed to have been at the lower end of its performance window.''

:confused::confused::confused:
Why the **** weren't the engines that were sent over for testing both the same. :crazy:

So there seems to be discrepancies in the transient dyno testing, but and this is an insane but IMHO, it could be down to the Chev engine being near the bottom of the performance window.

From Adcafe: ''Where the two engines that were tested in the USA fit within that tolerance may also explain the differences recorded at AVL, with the Chev believed to have been at the lower end of its performance window.''

Why the **** weren't the engines that were sent over for testing both the same. :crazy:

Well, i would swear but i might get community service.

2569eb5597fe9f2995ee5c94df0ea270.jpg

Thats certainly what Toyota wants to hear after confirming they will join the series, being an extra wheel to the discussion of Parity

I've defended Supercars on a lot of things that have pretty unpopular on social media (once the 'dying sport' parade get going they'll eat from the palm of any hand with something negative to say about the sport), but i really hate this. A proper case of fixing something that isn't broken. Last year we had a championship naturally come down to the final round, and this year its likely it'll do so again. Trying to manufacture a close championship spoils all good that a close championship is.

Last edited:

Sandown has lost the 500KM enduro yet again as it goes to The Bend, but I'm OK with 2 250KM single driver races.
500KM of The Bend sounds like paint drying. The cars don't suit the track and it's a completely atmosphere-less dustbowl.

I've defended Supercars on a lot of things that have pretty unpopular on social media (once the 'dying sport' parade get going they'll eat from the palm of any hand with something negative to say about the sport), but i really hate this. A proper case of fixing something that isn't broken. Last year we had a championship naturally come down to the final round, and this year its likely it'll do so again. Trying to manufacture a close championship spoils all good that a close championship is.
At the very least there is no "win and your in" 🤬 like in NASCAR

But yeah I really hate this, it stops a lot of interesting elements the play out in the season and keeps it a safe linear season repeatedly. Sure you avoid dull dominant seasons like early 2010s Whincup and 2019-2020 Scott Mclaughlin but you avoid amazing seasons as well.

Comparisons to other Sports is ridicilous as I said it before and I'll say it again. AFL, NRL, A-League etc. matches are 1v1, its only you and your opponent. Supercars is a glorified Battle Royal, you and your championship rival can lose at any time entirely because of someone else. Making a race do or die is horrible in the long term.

Sandown has lost the 500KM enduro yet again as it goes to The Bend, but I'm OK with 2 250KM single driver races.

God, Sandown and Supercars have a really bad abusive relationship.

Honestly not that big on The Bend. Track doesnt seem interesting to drive or race with the only thing going for it is that its longer than Le Mans but shorter than Nürburgring on its full layout ignoring that those 2 tracks have way more going for it than it being long

Back