2024 Touring Car Thread - BTCC, TCR, and more.Touring Cars 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... he might be a great touring car driver, but Sutton is such a whiney little *****. Congrats to Cammish anyway.
Great drive from Cammish, just bided his time well.

Shout out to Andrew Watson as well, what a stunning debut.

Big moment for Zelos in the Mini, looked like his head was down when the car came to rest, almost like he'd blacked out.

Jake Hill was penalised for the incident with Sutton. 3 places back on the grid for race 2.

Jake Hill was penalised for the incident with Sutton. 3 places back on the grid for race 2.
The start incident? That's seems extremely harsh given Jake got squeezed from both sides and Sutton moved across.

The start incident? That's seems extremely harsh given Jake got squeezed from both sides and Sutton moved across.

Without seeing Jake’s onboard it’s hard to judge whether he could’ve avoided the contact/backed out or had absolutely nowhere to go. Stewards have more data so will trust their judgement.

Without seeing Jake’s onboard it’s hard to judge whether he could’ve avoided the contact/backed out or had absolutely nowhere to go. Stewards have more data so will trust their judgement.

Yeah, unfortunately we never see the other views or anything so we do have to take their word. Just on viewing it seems harsh given the conditions and how the start panned out.

Looking forward to race 2 though, dry line is there, Watson's in a great position for his 2nd race and if he has the same sort of pace he had in race 1 he might be a dark horse here.

Just started raining at the start of the formation lap, lots of cars diving for wets but a lot of cars staying out. This is going to be messy.

He did so well to hold on as well, one tiny mistake but in those conditions, he was hardly the only one. Brilliant drive.

Great win for Chilton, timed to perfection, debut weekend podium for Pearson as well. Debutants all having a great day so far.

Not long got back after a day out at Donington, what a blast, even with all the weather! Based ourselves at the Craners for most of the day.

Ultimately, the highlight of the weekend for me is Nic's race 2 performance. Superb drive, and a superb call by Team HARD. Very well deserved, Hamilton is a top guy for the work he puts into it 👍.

Last edited:
Not long got back after a day out at Donington, what a blast, even with all the weather! Based ourselves at the Craners for most of the day.

Ultimately, the highlight of the weekend for me is Nic's race 2 performance. Superb drive, and a superb call by Team HARD. Very well deserved, Hamilton is a top guy for the work he puts into it 👍.
Picked a good spot in those conditions then. Hope you dry out before you go to Oulton 😂

Picked a good spot in those conditions then. Hope you dry out before you go to Oulton 😂
Definitely, was perfectly placed for the action. Got a better view of the whole circuit from the Craners, compared to 7 years ago when I based myself purely at the Old Hairpin. The the latter provides a good view looking up the Curves though.

Thankfully I came prepared this time, plenty of layers and a massive Umbrella meant I was largely unscathed :lol:.

Last edited:
Definitely, was perfectly placed for the action. Got a better view of the whole circuit from the Craners, compared to 7 years ago when I based myself purely at the Old Hairpin. The the latter provides a good view looking up the Curves though.

Thankfully I came prepared this time, plenty of layers and a massive Umbrella meant I was largely unscathed :lol:.
So how far were you from Sir Lewis Hamilton then! Turns out he was in the crowd supporting Nic as a fan, which I think is really great, could have had a VIP box or been in the pits but he chose to do it properly and get soaked with the fans.

So how far were you from Sir Lewis Hamilton then! Turns out he was in the crowd supporting Nic as a fan, which I think is really great, could have had a VIP box or been in the pits but he chose to do it properly and get soaked with the fans.

Now there's brotherly love for you!

That's awesome to see! By the looks of it, Lewis would have been just several feet in front of where I was based, at most. All without me even realising :eek:. Must have been an awesome time to come and see his brother put in his best BTCC drive to-date, and what a race to do it.

Team HARD as a whole had a very solid weekend, considering the effort they've put in to build 6 cars. Also, the PMR Astra's were running strong, both the debutants; Watson and Doble had some superb debut weekends. Watson especially in that first race.

People who show the disrespect to him that he gets just truly have no idea. He probably works harder than anyone on the grid, just to be able to get into the car and drive it, never-mind race. Describing people as an inspiration or influential can be bandied around a bit too freely, but if anyone truly deserves those tags, it is Nic Hamilton.

Met him at Goodwood FoS way back in 2011 when he was in Clio Cup (or at least driving a Clio Cup car up the hill). He showed me around the cockpit and is a genuinely lovely bloke who just loves his racing.

People who show the disrespect to him that he gets just truly have no idea. He probably works harder than anyone on the grid, just to be able to get into the car and drive it, never-mind race. Describing people as an inspiration or influential can be bandied around a bit too freely, but if anyone truly deserves those tags, it is Nic Hamilton.

Met him at Goodwood FoS way back in 2011 when he was in Clio Cup (or at least driving a Clio Cup car up the hill). He showed me around the cockpit and is a genuinely lovely bloke who just loves his racing.
I know how he feels.

Could have done without loosing Jelly and Morgan from R1, but glad to see Turk on top. Hoping to see BMW win this year, but more than that I'd like to see Turk get his fifth title.

Latest Posts

Back