2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,494 comments
Have you not been paying attention to Biden for a while? How have you managed to do that? I'm genuinely curious how you seem to have been unexposed to any video of him speaking for the past year.

The point of saying "really" was not to establish truth. I agree with you that wouldn't make it true. The point of saying "really" three times was to emphasize how painfully obvious this is.
Don’t need the video’s. Know what i can do with video, and im not any good with it. Im not going to dox myself, but the last time i spoke with someone who’s been close with the family for decades, everything was normal and had been.

I still get the feeling that big money is behind this. That big money got him in, 4yrs ago and he’s pissed them off. And that you guys are carrying all this water, day after day, posting the same tired redundant things, are contributing to the end of the american experiment.

Also, the idea that any of these candidates you all have suggested will actually make some sort of fictitious youth vote materialize and actually count for something is delirious.

Ps: don’t know about you all but my ballot arrives in 30days..kinda tight for hotseating…

Don’t need the video’s. Know what i can do with video, and im not any good with it. Im not going to dox myself, but the last time i spoke with someone who’s been close with the family for decades, everything was normal and had been.
jennifer-lawrence-okay.gif

Glad we got that cleared up, and I can stop trusting my own eyes and ears.
I still get the feeling that big money is behind this.
That's a personal issue. This one is super obvious. Debate went terribly, played directly into the biggest fears about biden, and his polling looks bad.
Ps: don’t know about you all but my ballot arrives in 30days..kinda tight for hotseating…
You're doxing yourself. I don't get my ballot anywhere near that time.

Some outlets are reporting that Biden may step down from the Democratic nomination race as early as this weekend.
If he drops out, I'm going to post about how amazing that is. The fact that it's even being talked about is just so... remarkably different and superior to what's happening with the republicans.

If he drops out, I'm going to post about how amazing that is. The fact that it's even being talked about is just so... remarkably different and superior to what's happening with the republicans.
Republicans have no shame voting for a convicted felon, and if he's alive in 2028, they'll probably nominate him too.

I do wonder how it'll be spun if Biden drops out. I mean, he's not going to go on camera to address the nation and say, "I'm old and have dementia."

Yes, I think it would be a tremendously difficult but courageous thing to do for Biden to bow out with dignity - but it would also be the sensible thing, both for the party and for Joe Biden himself. Personally, I think that even if Biden were to cling on and somehow beat Trump again in the election, the knives would be out for him very soon after in any case.

I'd imagine it might be a Harris-Buttigieg or Harris-Newsom ticket?

Last edited:
That's what I was gonna say. If they write the speech correctly, it could really set the example for what happens when a leader is ready to pass on the torch gracefully.

Problem is, that still won't matter to Republicans at large because they still believe that tough guys don't quit and they don't go to the doctor when they're sick and they don't read the instructions and they don't ask for help. No matter how professionally Biden conducts himself in this situation, they will see it as weakness. Hopefully moderates on the fence can be swayed by Biden acting like a reasonable adult.

That's what I was gonna say. If they write the speech correctly, it could really set the example for what happens when a leader is ready to pass on the torch gracefully.
Yea, that's the route I'd prefer - the stakes are too high for one person's personal beliefs, I'm not the person I used to be, etc., it seems easy to write actually.
Problem is, that still won't matter to Republicans at large because they still believe that tough guys don't quit
Well they won't be running against Biden anymore so it won't matter.

Last edited:
Yes, I think it would be a tremendously difficult but courageous thing to do for Biden to bow out with dignity - but it would also be the sensible thing, both for the party and for Joe Biden himself. Personally, I think that even if Biden were to cling on and somehow beat Trump again in the election, the knives would be out for him very soon after in any case.

I'd imagine it might be a Harris-Buttigieg or Harris-Newsom ticket?
Harris-Newsom is very improbable, IMO. Way too San Francisco for a general election, even for me. I think Whitmer should be on the ticket, and I think Mark Kelly would be a terrific front man.

If he drops out, the speech is easy. Biden can just say that America is bigger than he is, and that he is no longer the candidate that can beat Trump, which is the paramount goal.

Last edited:
If Harris is the nominee we lose. Even Newsom is frowned upon by Middle America Democrats. He just seems like a dude who hasn't worked a day in his life.

Kelly_About_Image1.jpg

Kelly_About_Image2.jpg

kelly21-5b314ba7a7915c326f706418ac66d28448f4bd3c.jpg

Mark-Kelly.jpg

This guy calms me down just looking at him. He looks thoughtful, he looks kind, he looks smart, he looks professional, he looks like he's got things under control. All the things that Trump & Vance don't have.

Last edited:
Harris-Newsom is very improbable, IMO. Way too San Francisco for a general election, even for me. I think Whitmer should be on the ticket, and I think Mark Kelly would be a terrific front man.
I agree. From what I've been reading, the play is to bring someone in who has clout in an important state, and CA just isn't important in the electoral college. That's the perversity of the EC. For a popular vote it'd probably more like newsom.

Last edited:
With Mark Kelly, it's kind of hard to beat someone who's an astronaut. Kelly is also married to Gabby Giffords, so he has a political assassination card in his pocket for when Trump pulls out the "you don't understand" thing.

I still like Hakeem Jeffries, although Gary from Middle America might be afraid of the name Hakeem.

I agree. From what I've been reading, the play is to bring someone in who has clout in an important state, and CA just isn't important in the electoral college. That's the perversity of the EC. For a popular vote it'd probably more like newsom.
Newsom and Harris were the Mayor and DA, respectively, of San Francisco at the same time. It's just way too much ammunition with how vilified SF has become to mainstream America.

IMO you need a Rust Belt moderate and you need a Sun Belt moderate. This is no time for a progressive and no time for a coastal candidate. Michigan & Arizona, it's a great combo. Forget Florida, Forget Texas - they are not in play.

Newsom and Harris were the Mayor and DA, respectively, of San Francisco at the same time. It's just way too much ammunition with how vilified SF has become to mainstream America.

IMO you need a Rust Belt moderate and you need a Sun Belt moderate. This is no time for a progressive and no time for a coastal candidate. Michigan & Arizona, it's a great combo. Forget Florida, Forget Texas - they are not in play.
Well I think Harris is all but locked in.

It's probably more about "I'm recovered from COVID and am preparing to resume activities next week" than anything else.

Until he says he's out he has to say he's in, so this isn't very unusual IMO. Just imagine if he said he's thinking about dropping out. There's no coming back from that.
If he were planning to drop out I don't see why he would make any announcements to the contrary when he could just stay quiet for a day or two.

Harris-Newsom is very improbable, IMO.
It's also unconstitutional.

Which is actually great, because a Harris-Newsom would be eaten alive by the Republican advertising machine.

Last edited:
Speaking of potential tickets, there are a couple polls that suggest Gov. Shapiro has a strong chance of being the best candidate. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, he even has the support of more than a third of Trump supports in his state with a 57% approval rating all-around.

Edit* Newsom & Whitmer both ruled themselves out being VP to Harris. I think they both have their sights set on 2028.

Last edited:
What about Fetterman?
Fetterman was too controversial in PA during the last cycle. Plus, though he seems recovered, he had a well=publicized stroke. The Democrats don't need someone else with potential neurological issues on the ticket.

If we're going that route, why not RFK Jr? Let's give the worm a shot.

Latest Posts

Back