2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,539 comments
This is not hard to understand. Biden is 81 years old. He stumbled his way through a debate and looked too old. That's it. People are worried that he'll lose because he's too old to have a cogent debate.
He is also a lifelong, diagnosed stutterer. Of course, he had lots of speech therapy as a kid (and maybe since; who knows?). That can be improved with training, effort, and practice - but it never goes away.

I still don't think he's in any shape to be president. He wouldn't have been a good president 20 years ago. He's just better than the likely alternative.

He is also a lifelong, diagnosed stutterer. Of course, he had lots of speech therapy as a kid (and maybe since; who knows?). That can be improved with training, effort, and practice - but it never goes away.
For sure. He was never the most polished speaker. But the deterioration from 2020 to today is quite noticeable. I think it's tough to claim that he's super attractive to swing voters when he's calling Zalenskyy President Putin, or when he trails off without being able to return to his point.
I still don't think he's in any shape to be president. He wouldn't have been a good president 20 years ago. He's just better than the likely alternative.
I friggin hated him 20 years ago. I was so pissed the day Obama picked him for VP, because I despised him. Danoff encouraging people to vote for Biden was not on my bingo card. Anyway, I think folks are right to question whether he can win this election based on his decline.

I'm just speaking from my own experience as an outsider looking in, but that debate really just laid bare Biden's biggest weakness to me. Ever since then, he's had the Sword of Damocles hovering over him at each public appearance. It doesn't matter how lucid he appeared since then, clips of that are barely going to get 1% as many views as his stumbles in that debate. Prior to the debate my main exposure to Biden's gaffes would've been one of the Eight Buck Schmucks taking 10 second clips out of context, I could just write it off as trolling. I can't write off 80 minutes or so of pauses, mumbling and mix-ups. I can't write off "Vice President Trump" or him introducing Zelensky as Putin. It doesn't matter how I think he's managing the economy, improving infrastructure (particularly access to renewable energy) regardless of whether I could vote, when that'd get cancelled out by the sort of person who got swayed by a 10 second clip of his senile moments.

I friggin hated him 20 years ago. I was so pissed the day Obama picked him for VP, because I despised him. Danoff encouraging people to vote for Biden was not on my bingo card. Anyway, I think folks are right to question whether he can win this election based on his decline.
I've lived near Delaware almost all my life. I don't need any lessons on hating him.

And, yeah, I don't think he's electable except as the Turd Sandwich to Trump's Giant Douche. Let's hope he is, because I can't see the DNC doing anything except shooting themselves in the junk between now and November.

Maybe Biden should step down. Al Sharpton has spoken.

I’m sure main contributors in this thread asked the question and been discussing it, but why so late to act? They knew this day was coming. How could there not be any politicians to replace two men that should have long been in retirement?
My Mother is 84 soon to be 85 in October. She’s very active, has her wits about her and still enjoys driving her own car. She’s been enjoying retirement for thirty years. Why on the planet earth are these men the choices to be the faces of a nation? Many elections have been insane, but this one has to be by design.

Maybe Biden should step down. Al Sharpton has spoken.

I’m sure main contributors in this thread asked the question and been discussing it, but why so late to act? They knew this day was coming. How could there not be any politicians to replace two men that should have long been in retirement?
My Mother is 84 soon to be 85 in October. She’s very active, has her wits about her and still enjoys driving her own car. She’s been enjoying retirement for thirty years. Why on the planet earth are these men the choices to be the faces of a nation? Many elections have been insane, but this one has to be by design.
Biden was so vanilla in 2020 that Trump had trouble bullying him and making criticisms stick. He campaigned well against Trump's particular style, because he gave nothing for Trump to latch on to. Much of the republican campaign was centered on making whoever Trump was up against look like an insane liberal bent on communism or something. Biden was just very difficult to get people scared of. That's why he worked well in 2020.

The general rule of thumb is that the incumbent gets to try to remain in office. Even if that incumbent has been impeached twice apparently. It's considered their election to lose, and as long as he was giving speeches like the one he did at the state of the union earlier this year, where he was cogently fielding hecklers and looking completely on top of his game, everyone was fine with it. We all knew he was aging, we all knew that it wouldn't last forever, but it didn't seem like it was a real problem until the debate.

Last edited:
Biden was so vanilla in 2020 that Trump had trouble bullying him and making criticisms stick. He campaigned well against Trump's particular style, because he gave nothing for Trump to latch on to. Much of the republican campaign was centered on making whoever Trump was up against look like an insane liberal bent on communism or something. Biden was just very difficult to get people scared of. That's why he worked well in 2020.

The general rule of thumb is that the incumbent gets to try to remain in office. Even if that incumbent has been impeached twice apparently. It's considered their election to lose, and as long as he was giving speeches like the one he did at the state of the union earlier this year, where he was cogently fielding hecklers and looking completely on top of his game, everyone was fine with it. We all knew he was aging, we all knew that it wouldn't last forever, but it didn't seem like it was a real problem until the debate.
..and that’s what I mean. Both parties do it to their demise. Thing is, well I can’t see any way, there’s no back up plan.

..and that’s what I mean. Both parties do it to their demise. Thing is, well I can’t see any way, there’s no back up plan.
Well, I'm not sure it was a bad plan honestly. Biden has a strong history of campaigning against Trump, and he was looking pretty good not that long ago. Time just ran out.

Well, I'm not sure it was a bad plan honestly. Biden has a strong history of campaigning against Trump, and he was looking pretty good not that long ago. Time just ran out.
For sure.

I’ve been registered as Independent since 18yo, but voted Democrat all my life. Been looking at that current Independent lineup and uhh,… nah.

Everyone blames Biden for the debate, but isn't it really his debate team that deserves the blame? They're the ones that prep Biden, and they clearly didn't do a good job of it.

Last edited:
Everyone blames Biden for the debate, but isn't it really his debate team that deserves the blame? They're the ones that prep Biden, and they clearly didn't do a good job of it.
There's a few guesses that they over-prepared him, but ultimately, his voice being very low & coarse and fumbling over his words didn't do his presentation any favors and that's what people are remembering. I think ultimately, even in the speaking appearances/interviews since, he hasn't been as bad as his debate night, but he's still showing signs of fumbling his words.

Obviously, he does have a stutter/speech impediment that he has worked to overcome, but he may be hitting that point where his age is making it harder and harder to do so. I think @Danoff just recently pointed out the difference in how he's been speaking recently versus just a couple years ago & it's noticeably changed.

A pathological liar with no shame obviously fits right in with the Republican party.
Someone here mentioned about sick people(this thread or a different thread). Yeah, ya gotta be a special sick to believe the words coming out of these mouths.

Edit: I’m not going to talk about it in the God thread, but wow. Just wow.

Last edited:
A pathological liar with no shame obviously fits right in with the Republican party.
Displayed gross racism towards black people, cheated on his wife with his daughter's friend, & had multiple questionable interactions with his daughter.

No wonder Trump's a hero to him.

Hollywood Hogan has form for significant heel turns.

hulk-hogan-walking.gif

They’ve been keeping Biden away from the media since his 2020 campaign. His mental decline was evident then, and depending what branch of reality entertainment you consume (ie; political news media) his decline was either hidden from the consumer, or perhaps slightly embellished

Last edited:
Trump's speech summed up.

Unity was "Stop trying to hold me accountable for crimes in court". Everything else was him literally saying the same thing he's said at every single rally from Hannibal Lecter to powerful, thick, hard runways. It was nothing more than xenophobia fear mongering, & declaring himself as the only man who can save the country and the world b/c he can solve any war, any issue with just a phone call.
adam sandler comedy GIF

Trump's speech summed up.

Unity was "Stop trying to hold me accountable for crimes in court". Everything else was him literally saying the same thing he's said at every single rally from Hannibal Lecter to powerful, thick, hard runways. It was nothing more than xenophobia fear mongering, & declaring himself as the only man who can save the country and the world b/c he can solve any war, any issue with just a phone call.
adam sandler comedy GIF
Well, not that room. Like splashing water on someone in the pool and thinking they'll get wetter.

Also seen at the convention …

I think that's Australia's version of The Onion.

The RNC showed ear bandages are in, bragging about diaper wearing is out.
hansel that hansels so hot right now GIF

I thought the main thing that screwed Trump over was how poorly he handled COVID and the chain of reactions after George Floyd which peaked right before the election?

Hollywood Hogan has form for significant heel turns.

hulk-hogan-walking.gif
Has he ever turned face since his racist scandal? His "apology" was more about getting caught than what he actually said...

Has he ever turned face since his racist scandal? His "apology" was more about getting caught than what he actually said...
Lol, no. Dude got caught just 2 years ago pushing Covid-19 conspiracies, that Bob Saget & Betty White died from the vaccine. His daughter revealed last year that she's distanced herself from him.

He also goes on the religious TV and podcast circuit virtue signalling about the ultimate Hulkamaniac upstairs and he's apparently seeing or been seeing a Scientologist.

Back