Shooting at the Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Election Rally

• Thread starter TheCracker
  • 395 comments
There was a time of the opposite end where you were much more level headed & had interest in an actual discussion. For whatever reason, you've been doing that weird "guerilla" type posting style others did where they would come in here, stir things up & then exit back to other parts of the forum. Rinse & repeat every few months. If that's the way they wanted to post, fine, but when it was combined with just bait/troll type posts without a zero desire to carry out a discussion & go straight to an aggressive attitude every time, it got old fast. And since that's the way they wanted to act, I have no problem rolling like that. But, when guys like Joey D & Danoff who avoid all the chest thumping by actually presenting a more calmed approach to debate, they catch that same attitude. So by the point, we might as well be **** posting for funsies, then.

I do honestly think you're still a more reasonable conservative that ventures into this forum who seems genuinely interested in giving a take on a topic. But, them last few posts where you flat out refuse to engage in your own thoughts, ignore a genuine question by Eran0004, & post tin-foil hat memes ain't it.
I am, very reasonable.

…which is why when I actually take the time to post something of substance, I’m rarely far off the mark - although people around here are apt to call me a conspiracy theorist at the time of said posts

I’m more than capable of defending in-depth, my oftentimes realistic hypocritical-speak-out-of-both-sides-of-my-mouth positions.

However, I’m only able to type with one thumb and/or two fingers… I mean can you blame me, I’m a non college-educated Caucasian male 😂

But alas, I don’t because I honestly don’t care that much. And too much context gets lost in translation when one communicates strictly via text - especially when in a room that’s largely stacked against you. No biggie.

Last edited:
You guys are insane. Welcome to the Banana Republic of America. The fact that people even have these attitudes shows how screwed up everything is.

If Trump were assassinated, the Trumpets would have had an excuse to go totally ape-caca against their political and conspiratoidal enemies. That said, let's not forget that the left has plenty of wackos as well that have actually tried to murder people. I feel that Trumpicide would have made our country and the world a much less secure place. That's not a powderkeg that we need going off right now.
These are the attitudes that Trump and the Republicans have been trying to stoke for the past 8+ years. It was already foreshadowed by the attempts to undercut the rule of law, to bypass due process, to make sure that under no circumstances would Trump and his allies ever be held liable or responsible for their actions.

In a country where the leaders are not able to be held responsible for their actions through peaceful means, people will resort to non-peaceful means. That's why it's so important that the democratic process works, that people feel that it's fair, and that even when people lose they don't attempt to undermine it. Ditto with the justice system.

The Second Amendment may make sure that people have weapons to defend themselves against external enemies, but it also makes sure that they have weapons to attack internal ones. Like the government, or the President.

Eventually it stops becoming about left and right and starts becoming about those who are above the law and those who are getting stomped. That's kind of where it is now, to most of the world the two parties in the US are centre right and far right. So it's really not so much a political ideology thing as it is just about power, control and hierarchy.

Ironic, since that's one of the big things that led to the founding of the US in the first place.
On the otherhand, we'd maybe have prevented the fall of the nation.
That suggests that something would happen in the next four years that would stop us from just being back at the same place again. Maybe it would, but probably not. It'd be a less incompetent version of Biden versus a much less incompetent version of Trump.

The systems are broken, and unless someone starts making major steps to fix them this is only going to get worse. I fail to see who is going to do that. The first term of Trump should have been enough to show the flaws in the system and get people to start working on it, but that hasn't really happened.

I think you're kinda ****ed, to be honest. It's just a question of how long it takes and how bad it gets. Not that things are heaps better over here, but the culture is at least such that we're unlikely to get to the assassinations stage for quite a while.
If the attempt resulted in a more serious injury, it may have been a reality check because realistically only Trump can unwind his supporters now.
As if Trump would ever do that. The man is 78 years old. Apart from his thought processes being at the best of times word salad, he's not changing his mind now because someone shot at him. He is exactly the sort of person who is incapable of that sort of empathy or self-reflection.

"Someone tried to kill me, is this maybe because of something that I'm doing wrong" is a thought that will never, ever enter his head.

There is nothing anyone can do or say to someone like Trump to get him to back off at this stage of the game.
I am, very reasonable.

…which is why when I actually take the time to post something of substance, I’m rarely far off the mark - although people around here are apt to call me a conspiracy theorist at the time of said posts

I’m more than capable of defending in-depth, my oftentimes realistic hypocritical-speak-out-of-both-sides-of-my-mouth positions.

However, I’m only able to type with one thumb and/or two fingers… I mean can you blame me, I’m a non college-educated Caucasian male 😂

But alas, I don’t because I honestly don’t care that much. And too much context gets lost in translation when one communicates strictly via text - especially when in a room that’s largely stacked against you. No biggie.
That's a whole lot of words just to say "I'm very smart so obviously I could explain but I don't wanna".

The 'don't get your ears pierced at Claire's' meme won the day :lol:

Jerome

So, what you're saying is you don't care to engage with your statements in a discussion b/c "you're already correct" in your assessment from the get-go and it's everyone else who just responds with you as a "conspiracy theorist" instead of presenting counter-points you ignore with "whatever you say" & "rolling my eyes".

Then, do so.
But alas, I don’t because I honestly don’t care that much.
You care enough to come in & **** post, though.
And too much context gets lost in translation when one communicates strictly via text - especially when in a room that’s largely stacked against you. No biggie.
"I'm the victim here".

Be brave, go ahead and actually explain what you're rolling your eyes at.

Na.

All the women in my life have always preached; “if you don’t have anything nice to say, it’s best just to say nothing at all - or better yet, give them a compliment”

Besides, I don’t want my crayons taken away here as well. I mean…it’s THEIR business. They’re free to run it as however they see fit 🇺🇸

Na.

All the women in my life have always preached; “if you don’t have anything nice to say, it’s best just to say nothing at all - or better yet, give them a compliment”

Besides, I don’t want my crayons taken away here as well. I mean…it’s THEIR business. They’re free to run it as however they see fit 🇺🇸
You're fine as long as you stick within the AUP

A little late for that moral high ground.

I think you're kinda ****ed, to be honest.
For sure, and it has already started.
It's just a question of how long it takes and how bad it gets.
That's my primary concern. Which is why I was saying it would prevent the fall of the nation. I don't mean indefinitely. I mean in November (or January). I agree that regardless of what happens, damage has been done, and people are already suffering because of it. But America hasn't actually fallen to autocracy as of this moment.

Well then kindly just don't bother posting "rolling my eyes" nonsense. If you can't actually talk about it, don't pretend to. If you don't have anything nice to say, how is "rolling my eyes" not saying anything at all? You're pretending to take the high road without taking it.

The combination of arrogance that you know better and refusal to actually submit what you know to criticism is entirely too hypocritical. You're trying to protect yourself, not anyone else, because of your insecurity, not anyone else's.

Last edited:
You realise you kinda sound like a Trump supporter (albeit a much less unhinged one)

Fair enough 👍🏼

Still have my morals, the ‘like’ of this website, and the acknowledgement that I’m in their neighborhood

Last edited:
Man it's such a shame all the Trumpers that were once so active here and who weren't so given to pussying out...oh. Nevermind.

Twas’ a sincere comment.

While I don’t necessarily agree with some of your stances, I at the very least, find them thought-provoking

'Kay.

Oh and the apostrophe goes in place of what was removed, y'know.

I'd do the exact same thing to be honest.
Perpetrate or advocate for acts of physical violence in retaliation for disfavored expression? Awesome.

Wait, aren't you a cripple? Just the advocacy, then?

Last edited:
Thanks

Like I’ve previously admitted; “I’m a non college-educated Caucasian male”
I mean contractions are typically covered in elementary school, but now you do know. Also I don't care what race you are and I don't know why I'm supposed to have seen you admit as much.

Why is violence an appropriate response to speech?
If you come to a rally with the intent of using a tomato as a projectile, you should get aggressive with them. That's not speech.

Last edited:
I mean contractions are typically covered in elementary school, but now you do know. Also I don't care what race you are and I don't know why I'm supposed to have seen you admit as much.
Elementary school was 26 years, and just as many concussions ago for me

Edit…24

See? I’ve already lost count

Wait…

28 years

Last edited:
Back