2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,455 comments

Tim Walz has strong opinions. Is it like JD Vance's strong opinions about whether or not you have children? No. About how it's wrong for rape victims to get an abortion? No. About how divorce is too easy and same-sex marriage is bad? No.

None of that. Tim Walz has strong opinions about gutters, and has some advice on how you can maintain a clean gutter with less effort.

Obviously this is silly and unimportant when it comes the presidential race. But how silly is it really? He feels strongly about getting the word out because he doesn't want random people to suffer some kind of misfortune or great personal cost when they just needed some information and encouragement to do things thoughtfully. As someone who has spent a lot of time around narcissists, I can tell you for certain that not everyone feels this way. There are plenty of people out there who would love to see someone suffer great personal cost for not knowing about how to keep leaves out of their gutter. It makes them feel good, superior, special. They want to see other people fail, because they want evidence to support the idea that they're better than other people.

You don't get even a little whiff of that kind of toxicity in Tim's PSA about gutter maintenance. It's a wholesome recognition that society is better off when each individual succeeds. There's no broken window fallacy present, no economic misunderstanding, no personal gratification or selfishness.

So yea, it's silly. But I can't see this kind of silly coming from the republicans right now, because this particular kind of silly still has a layer of character in it that differentiates the candidates.

Tim Walz has strong opinions. Is it like JD Vance's strong opinions about whether or not you have children? No. About how it's wrong for rape victims to get an abortion? No. About how divorce is too easy and same-sex marriage is bad? No.

None of that. Tim Walz has strong opinions about gutters, and has some advice on how you can maintain a clean gutter with less effort.

Obviously this is silly and unimportant when it comes the presidential race. But how silly is it really? He feels strongly about getting the word out because he doesn't want random people to suffer some kind of misfortune or great personal cost when they just needed some information and encouragement to do things thoughtfully. As someone who has spent a lot of time around narcissists, I can tell you for certain that not everyone feels this way. There are plenty of people out there who would love to see someone suffer great personal cost for not knowing about how to keep leaves out of their gutter. It makes them feel good, superior, special. They want to see other people fail, because they want evidence to support the idea that they're better than other people.

You don't get even a little whiff of that kind of toxicity in Tim's PSA about gutter maintenance. It's a wholesome recognition that society is better off when each individual succeeds. There's no broken window fallacy present, no economic misunderstanding, no personal gratification or selfishness.

So yea, it's silly. But I can't see this kind of silly coming from the republicans right now, because this particular kind of silly still has a layer of character in it that differentiates the candidates.
This example of gutter politics (sorry) and his earlier video regarding Ford's low quality headlight harnesses really do seem to give off a fireside chatty accessible approach which appears diametrically opposed to what Vance exudes. No wonder MAGA is desperate to smear him with their stolen valor claims.

Last edited:

Clean gutters are a matter of public safety out in wildfire country too.

Dude's from the Midwest and understands what an absolute pain in the ass bad gutters are.

Honestly, I'd 100% watch a show on HGTV where Tim Walz goes on homeownership rants. It'd be like a disappointed dad talking to people about how they're keeping their house poorly. Think Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares with house and less insults.

I just changed my gutters and decided to put in gutter covers cause of having so many trees near my house. 100% worth the money (as long as you don’t go with LeafFilter and their crazy prices) and gutters are now clean AF. Walz knows what’s up.

I just changed my gutters and decided to put in gutter covers cause of having so many trees near my house. 100% worth the money (as long as you don’t go with LeafFilter and their crazy prices) and gutters are now clean AF. Walz knows what’s up.
To contrast, Vance has probably had flooding and/or leaf fires in his gutters because he thinks gutter maintenance is "weird".

Dude's from the Midwest and understands what an absolute pain in the ass bad gutters are.

Honestly, I'd 100% watch a show on HGTV where Tim Walz goes on homeownership rants. It'd be like a disappointed dad talking to people about how they're keeping their house poorly. Think Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares with house and less insults.
Futurama Buy GIF

So cool…

Vibes, man.

Seriously…

…I was listening to some Stick Figure this morning on my headphones when I caught this Sand Bass

IMG_4963.jpeg

Last edited:
Would have thought the California fire fighter would appreciate clean gutter talk at least a little.

Trust me, I do.

And I recommend it.

Especially if you live in a brush area.

Just having a bit of fun. Besides the GTPTMZHATEONTRUMPUSUALTRAFFIC

…it’s been slow around here as of late

Just waiving ✋🏼

That’s all 😎

Last edited:
Conservative is when you cry like a little bitch because James Carville called Bobby Brainworm crazy.

carville.jpg

carville1.jpg

Conservative is when you cry like a little bitch because James Carville called Bobby Brainworm crazy.

carville.jpg

carville1.jpg
I don't think they realize what a fun little can of worms this would open up against Trump given the things he's said about others. But hey, go for it Maga.

1724920035637.png

Trumps thumb for everything disgraceful he is doing there simultanously.
Looking quite happy to stand above someone who died in service, when the Quackerjack previously and repeatedly was very negative to any soldier.
Violation of laws around section 60 photography and filmin.
Assault on offical staff from 2 of his bullies.
Anything to add?

Harris is bringing Walz to her CNN interview and Republicans are complaining despite Obama and Trump holding joint interviews in the past. "New nickname"... who honestly cares, Newsweek?

Last edited:
Does Vance have like 9 children or something? What is his berking obsession with biological parenting?

I added an extra downspout to a second floor gutter earlier this summer. While cleaning, I found this particularly gutter wasn't hung level at all so this end, the end farthest from the existing downspout, was a low spot and had a few inches of water and tons of asphalt pebbles in it. Luckily a first floor gutter was right below, so I cut the hole and run another downspout to the gutter below.

IMG_7871.jpeg

IMG_7878.jpeg

You have to make sure upper downspouts drain directly into the lower gutter. If they simply spill onto the shingles the concetrated flowing water will erode the shingles much quicker than normal.

Last edited:
ABC News and Ipsos have polled Americans about their willingness to accept the outcome of the election and their assessment of the two main candidates' ability to do the same.

ElectionOutcome_v02_ly_1724895311851_hpEmbed_1x1.jpg

ABC News and Ipsos have polled Americans about their willingness to accept the outcome of the election and their assessment of the two main candidates' ability to do the same.

View attachment 1385453
For a second I thought this was a poll stating what acceptance rate people would have if the candidate on the y-axis won and then questioned why only 4 in 5 would accept themselves as winning the election.

Back