2024 World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 1,005 comments
GM...GM...GM. What happened? We went from crushing everybody to getting crushed. Granted, the C8.R was cut short and it's the first inependent GT3 year, but the Caddies deserved better. Also, Adam Driver why did you have to bring Enzo back from the dead?! his red horses can't stop winning!

Would have liked Cadillac, BMW or Porsche better, but what can I do.

Congratulations to the winners. At least BMW got on the podium in GT3.

Time for me to make my exit. Thank you everyone for providing company for these 24 hours.

See you all Next year for the Daytona 24h. No Spa for me, at least in here on the forum.

Cheers! :gtpflag:

GM...GM...GM. What happened? We went from crushing everybody to getting crushed. Granted, the C8.R was cut short and it's the first inependent GT3 year, but the Caddies deserved better. Also, Adam Driver why did you have to bring Enzo back from the dead?! his red horses can't stop winning!
It seems the GT3.R needs alot of work to deal with , kinda a irony that the C8.R GTE won last year

M'eh.

Congrats to Ferrari.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Still think BMW can feel very hard done by for their #15; early in the race or not, it was such an unnecessary and harsh way to have a car eliminated but congratulations to Ferrari, what a good race this was.

Im not a mustang guy..but watching this really convinces me that gt7 needs a new mustang and/or a solid reworking of the bop in gt3 to aline the game with reality.
You're not kidding. After doing the Le Mans GR.3 weekly race on Friday, I'm now convinced the Gr.3 class needs a total rework, and just straight up cut in half. Half the cars have no business being classified as essentially IRL GT3 cars. Both the Mustang AND the Corvette Gr.3 cars need severe updates. Fuel economy is horendous in the current cars, and personally, I have a small issue with the fact that a well modified C8 Corvette will objectively smoke a C7 Gr.3 at its own game with few mods. And don't get me started with the open top cars that would get laughed off the grid anywhere but the game

Congrats to Ferrari; that #50 is going to look nice to last year's #51 they reportedly have left as is.

Side note, whenever Martin decides to retire from F1 commentating, Alex's commentary style would blend in seamlessly.

Last edited:
What a race. Shame about the extended safety car period but 9 cars on the lead lap after 24 hours is crazy. Was really hoping it would be Cadillac's year but hopefully GM stays in it. The car seems to be popular and very competitive. It looks like a step back from last year's podium, but that (2023) car wasn't on the lead lap and there was a larger amount of attrition (half as many cars finished last year) that worked to Cadillac's benefit, so I think it's a good result for them. Congrats to Ferrari for defending their win.

The FIA has come up with something special with these Hypercars. Hoping next year will be even more diverse, with the quasi-homologated Aston Martin Valkyrie joining the fray...and maybe Red Bull??

Last edited:
You're not kidding. After doing the Le Mans GR.3 weekly race on Friday, I'm now convinced the Gr.3 class needs a total rework, and just straight up cut in half. Half the cars have no business being classified as essentially IRL GT3 cars. Both the Mustang AND the Corvette Gr.3 cars need severe updates. Fuel economy is horendous in the current cars, and personally, I have a small issue with the fact that a well modified C8 Corvette will objectively smoke a C7 Gr.3 at its own game with few mods. And don't get me started with the open top cars that would get laughed off the grid anywhere but the game
Agreed.

Two things confuse me. First. The massive categories, which only serve to make the majority of cars included, completely useless.

And the second, if your going to run the game as a gaas, wouldn’t it make sense to bop the cars to reflect current events. Seems like the simplest and most cost effective thing to drive engagement in the game as well as encourage people to become interested in watching motorsports. Do that well enough and it can almost become a self perpetuating thing. Because, lets face it. Gas has been $3-$4+ per/gal for over a decade. Its hard to fall in love with driving when its that expensive leaving sim’s with the responsibility of enticing fans(to a degree) to motorsports as the last generation with gas affordable enough to fall in love with the drive is genX.

Couldn't take 6 seconds a lap from the Ferrari, which should have got a drive through for unsafe release.
They should've gotten the firing squad, nay, they should've been hung, drawn and quartered! - despite the fact that far more clear-cut cases of unsafe releases got a 10 second penalty. Just say you dislike Ferrari more than you actually like car racing, man, it's alright. :lol:

So... Ferrari won this nail-biter of a 24h (and probably won't have to drain the fuel tank when they pack up the #50 for transport), Toyota got the silver after starting from dead-last-in-class, but I wonder what's the mood at Porsche? After their good performance in the WEC and the Hyperpole, they're out of the podium (even if by just a second), and seemed to have slipped back in the "best of the rest" role around the Circuit de la Sarthe... At least Manthey won the GT3 class, but I doubt that will be of any consolation at Penske.

What a race. Shame about the extended safety car period but 9 cars on the lead lap after 24 hours is crazy. Was really hoping it would be Cadillac's year but hopefully GM stays in it. The car seems to be popular and very competitive. It looks like a step back from last year's podium, but that (2023) car wasn't on the lead lap and there was a larger amount of attrition (half as many cars finished last year) that worked to Cadillac's benefit, so I think it's a good result for them. Congrats to Ferrari for defending their win.

The FIA has come up with something special with these Hypercars. Hoping next year will be even more diverse, with the quasi-homologated Aston Martin Valkyrie joining the fray...and maybe Red Bull??
I would definitely love to see GM come back next year and hopefully get anothe podium or finish the job against Ferrari

Side note, whenever Martin decides to retire from F1 commentating, Alex's commentary style would blend in seamlessly.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think he's got the cut through the bull edge that Martin has, although today wasn't a day to demonstrate that, but his technical explanations are very good. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

Agreed.

Two things confuse me. First. The massive categories, which only serve to make the majority of cars included, completely useless.

And the second, if your going to run the game as a gaas, wouldn’t it make sense to bop the cars to reflect current events. Seems like the simplest and most cost effective thing to drive engagement in the game as well as encourage people to become interested in watching motorsports. Do that well enough and it can almost become a self perpetuating thing. Because, lets face it. Gas has been $3-$4+ per/gal for over a decade. Its hard to fall in love with driving when its that expensive leaving sim’s with the responsibility of enticing fans(to a degree) to motorsports as the last generation with gas affordable enough to fall in love with the drive is genX.
Another thing I would add is GT's dependence on what is essentially a "Gotta pass em All/time trial" style of play for races. The gaps between cars, time lost in the pits per fuel/tire use and field size is utterly ridiculous. There should not be a 30 second gap in a 16 car race that is 5 laps long. Le Mans or not it gets insane sometimes. A realistically tuned BOP would be very interesting and would allow the classes to slim down and be less ridiculous

I can see both arguments for Toyota calling it. The times weren't coming down and it's better to conserve, you never know if a mistake or a yellow gets called.
Yup. Besides, Jose Lopez isn’t as seasoned as many of his teammates at Toyota (Hartley, Buemi, Kobayashi are all better-qualified drivers for the final stint at LM). I’m not even sure why Toyota would opt to put a lesser-decorated driver in either of the cars for the final stint both this year and the previous to maximise their winning chances.

If anything, Lopez has done a hell of a decent job with his stint. Raining (even drenching as the race comes to an end) conditions; finished only ~15 seconds behind the winner as they crossed the line; didn’t make much massive and time-costing mistakes. Dude managed this even when he hasn’t actually won at Le Mans (not with substantiable competition anyways, as it should only matter), so his drive, I reckon, is better than Hirakawa’s drive last year, although that wasn’t bad either.

So I suppose it’s a consolation for Toyota for finishing so close behind the winners this year, which I honestly didn’t expect, given 2024’s stiff competition and how Toyota’s current participation since 2012 has always seen them faltering one year after a very strong showing before becoming very strong next year again. And a team principal who races with his drivers. :D

Last edited:
And the second, if your going to run the game as a gaas, wouldn’t it make sense to bop the cars to reflect current events. Seems like the simplest and most cost effective thing to drive engagement in the game as well as encourage people to become interested in watching motorsports.
That makes no sense. PD should make all the cars somewhat equivalent in Gr.3 in terms of performance, rather than having a strict meta, or trying to mimic real life BOP. In real life things change pretty much on a weekly basis, monthly at best, which means PD would have to change BOP constantly.

Just ask yourself this question: will people be more interested in racing and the game if the BOP mimics real life cars, or if the racing is just better, more cars are viable in each class, and if PD gradually updates the roster?

It's much better to have more competitive cars on each class, and have them BOP'd according to each track. This will allow players to choose a wider variety of cars, which will make racing far more interesting, rather than everyone using the same thing.

The 24h of Le Mans wouldn't interesting if the top class was filled with only one car. That's what a bad BOP gives you, a one make race.

Great race.

I had high hopes for Kubica, right up until he took out the BMW and ruined his chances.

Both Alpines retiring was amusing, that’s what you get for trying to use a modified F2 engine in a endurance race. Once again the people at the top of Renault show they want to win but aren’t willing to invest into it like the other manufacturers, just like their F1 team. I wonder how many people will be fired for this.

Last edited:
Another thing I would add is GT's dependence on what is essentially a "Gotta pass em All/time trial" style of play for races. The gaps between cars, time lost in the pits per fuel/tire use and field size is utterly ridiculous. There should not be a 30 second gap in a 16 car race that is 5 laps long. Le Mans or not it gets insane sometimes. A realistically tuned BOP would be very interesting and would allow the classes to slim down and be less ridiculous
I blame that gotta-pass-em all style for training people to be (i)hats once they finally make the foray into sport mode.

As for bop, i get why certain cars are locked into other games…but their just pixels..! Making the Bop relevant to real life events seems the easiest way to ‘solve’ alot of the angst about modern racers.

Back