2025 BMW X3 (G45)

MedigoFlame

Premium
United States
Maine
MedigoFlameX
(Not sure if this needed a new thread or could have been combined with another one)

Fourth generation BMW X3 (G45) was revealed in both 30e Plug-in Hybrid and M50 guise. PHEV is said to now do 50-56 miles of electric range (considerably better than the last gen's 26-31 miles) whilst the M50 now makes 393HP and 428lb-ft of torque.

X3 30e: https://www.bmwblog.com/2024/06/18/2025-bmw-x3-plug-in-hybrid-specs/
2025-bmw-x3-30e-xDrive-11.jpg

2025-bmw-x3-30e-xDrive-42.jpg

2025-bmw-x3-30e-xDrive-34.jpg

M50: https://www.bmwblog.com/2024/06/18/2025-bmw-x3-m50-specs-photos-pricing/
2025-bmw-x3-m50-66.jpg

2025-bmw-x3-m50-84.jpg

2025-bmw-x3-m50-47.jpg

2025-bmw-x3-m50-55.jpg

Seeing too much of the iX's design in the side profile. The last (third) generation G01 probably was the best looking X3 they've made. (In my personal opinion)

That looks absolutely horrid.

German companies are doing this weird thing in their designs where they have no framing elements for any of the graphics. No chamfers or other types of frames to set the design elements in stone. The headlights and taillights just look like they were drawn on with a pen, literally like a decal stuck on, no depth at all. The grille on this car at least is framed but besides that it doesn't actually seem to exist so it's still flat. You can actually see how important depth is on that white M50 - on the rear bumper, that little corner reflector does have a chamfer next to it which appears to create a frame around it, making the reflector look like it was put there on purpose. Besides that, nothing on this car. Might as well be covered in stickers. BMW and Mercedes are consistently guilty of this and I don't understand why.

Compare this to a similar car, Mazda CX-50:

2024-mazda-cx-50-v-volkswagen-tiguan-118-6602fa974e6a9.jpg

Layers and depth and layers and depth. It looks like all the pieces fit into the next one. The headlights go inside the fascia, the grille locks them in, the whole body sets down on the black fender flares. It looks finished.

I'm sorry you've had to make a new car thread for something so gaudy and plain.

What the actual **** is that interior? The exterior is terrible but that's to be expected since it's a modern BMW, but that M50's interior is just...
Im Not No Way GIF

That fascia, man... Even matches the colour. :lol:
1718778778314.png

Now, about that interior.
Look like they based it on a Sim Racer set up. A PC with the Cooling tubes and disco lights. Brown, red, blue, silver, black. This is a case for a fabric interior.
Perfect opportunity:
1000000551.jpg

It does not look good, inside or outside and will sell loads and they'll all be outside schools dropping kids off.

Oh boy, yet another chungus to clog the roads.

Every day I become more and more relieved about all the failed job applications I sent to car manufacturers.

I don't really mind the interior all that much, I imagine you can spec it with a bit less chintz, but the exterior is just a mess. Why on earth did they feel the need to add another angle to the grille lines?!

Last edited:
Why on earth did they feel the need to add another angle to the grille lines?!
They just did it with the new F70 1-Series too. It likely offers visual continuity with the Neue Klasse models when released, that will (it seems) have a diagonal lighting element within the psuedo-grille of the EV's.

Latest Posts

Back