400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
I just copied his reviews on note pad, i will edit everything from the experience i had with the cars, i did the reviews for the cars i have done so far, i need to drive all the miata's and the old MR2, the Mercedes, the Vauxhal, RX8 ... still some left but i should be ready to post tonight :)

I just copied his reviews on note pad, i will edit everything from the experience i had with the cars, i did the reviews for the cars i have done so far, i need to drive all the miata's and the old MR2, the Mercedes, the Vauxhal, RX8 ... still some left but i should be ready to post tonight :)
No rush, you have 2 weeks yet. ;)
But if you want, you can always start your reviews post, and add cars/results to it as you finish them up.👍

Thanks to everybody. Yes it was a great ride with each car i have driven. When you are tuning alone in your own corner,you need a long time to change the way you tune a car. It´s a slow evolution. Like this with so much good people building fantastic cars for the same event, you have the opportunity to test news ideas, this is great, i learn a lot like this.
Let´s wait the others testers to see the final results , next round after this, for sure a lot of fun ..... and speed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):nervous:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Praiano, GREAT overall review! Very good job ;)

Thank you MR.Fisher :D

Hey praiano, did you forget Jahgee's Vauxhal VX220? just in case ... :)

Just finished running the last car! finaly! :D

i will post the reviews soon, i need to type them in the thread, i also ran oppositelock's Mazda roadster... lol

Ok:crazy:, heres my results :)
All laptime can be improve but would require more time, i tried to run them with the same pace, some required more lap than others, but most of time it was 2-3 laps. Good job everyone it was a lot of fun to drive!!

450PP on the same track should be even more fun :dopey:

Laptimes:

1. 8:19.950 praiano63 - PSN: praiano63–Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97

2. 8:21.504 Chuyler1 - PSN: chuyler1// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

3. 8:21.783 Rotary Junkie - PSN: RJs_RX-7// Mazda RX8 Type E `03

4. 8:21.914 Jackthalad - PSN: CHRYSTALBUDS// Toyota MR2 Spyder `99

5. 8:22.133 tris_73 - PSN: TRIS_73// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

6. 8:22.781 CSLACR - PSN: CSLACR// acura type R 2001

7. 8:23.975 bypo - PSN: bipito// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

8. 8:24.329 Tuner // car : Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123 – Hyundai Tiburon GT ´01

9. 8:24.389 Hermanvongerman - PSN: Jontank5// Honda CR-X SIR ´90

10. 8:24.746 CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973 // Ford focus ST170 ´03

11. 8:24.791 Theo777 PSN: Zigatan// Ford Focus ST170`03

12. 8:25.341 -raVer- - PSN: CSLACR// Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 – 16 Evolution II ’91

13. 8:26.797 VTiRoj - PSN: RoJJieE – HONDA INSIGHT LS '09

14. 8:27.252 C-ZETA - PSN: V16T91// MG TF 160 '03

15. 8:27.286 LineR32 - PSN: LineR32// Toyota MR2 1600 G `86

16. 8:27.642 Motor City Hami - PSN: MotorCtyHamilton// Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

17. 8:28.347 Johnnypenso - PSN: Yuritardid// Nissan Silvia spec S AERO (S15) ´99

18. 8:28.816 Jahgee1124 - PSN: Jahgee1124–Vauxhall VX220 '00

19. 8:28.846 XDesperado67 - PSN: XDesperado67// Toyota 2000 GT ´67

20. 8:28.857 SolidSnake7735 - PSN: SolidSnake7735 //Honda CR-X SIR ´90

21. 8:28.945 DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka// Mazda6 5-door ´03

22. 8:28.955 Rallywagon - PSN: rallywgn81// Toyota 2000 GT ´67

23. 8:29.621 oppositelock -PSN: oppositelock27// Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

24. 8:29.639 sean10mm - PSN: sean10mm// Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

25. 8:31.524 MrGrado - PSN: MrGrado// Nissan 280Z '78

26. 8:33.320 Krenkme - PSN: krenkme// RENAULT AVANTIME ´02

27. 8:34.065 sheephead99 - PSN: sheephead99 // Volkswagen Lupo GTI `01

28. 8:34.555 oopssorryy - PSN: CyKosis1973// Toyota Celica SS II ´99

29. 8:40.384 Cowboys965 - PSN: Cowboys965–BMW 120D `04

DRIVER REVIEWUsing praiano's point system

8:19.950

Test drive result // total points=115 pts

Max speed under bridge: 229 km/h = 128 mph =28 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments: Theres slightly too much oversteer on braking mixed with change of directions, it make the car oversteer quickly and you can lose your racing line, the car respond very well to oversteer, when done properly it will shave some tenth here and there.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 10
Comments: retake could be better in some area, awesome balance in curves, entry is easy and the car will absolutly like to slide a little, dont fight with it, keep light throttle input until it regain tractions, the feel of the road is nice, counter steering is a blast with this car, feel like a go-kart.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments: Easy to point into the right directions on entry, the car have a lot of entry speed and will keep it and enought power on exit to make it the quickest of the lot.

Dominating car, very fast cornering and a blast to drive, high speed sliding at its best, only did 2 laps but it was enought to be the fastest car tested, very nice tune it was a nice drive!

8:21.783

Test drive result // total points= 112 pts

Max speed under bridge: 216 km/h = 134 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:10 Out:9
Comments: Very easy to drive and well balanced, theres still some oversteer on agressive entry, and in very low speed retake the 2ndgear is a bit too long, and the 1st would be too short, but the car real feel great.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Very precise steering, the car keep a lot of speed and stay planted, perfect balance.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 10 Out: 10
Comments: The car make it really easy, it just want more and more, entry is very nice, but other cars do just as good, the mid and exit is superb though.

Excellent car tune, a good mix of grip and smoothness, steering is the way i like it, very good!

8:21.504

Test drive result // total points= 111 pts

Max speed under bridge: 225 km/h = 140 mph = 28 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Very easy to get into the right direction on corner entry, it will overtseer in 2nd gear in middle of the curve, the line between grip and sliding is very thin, but will reward you if you find the sweet spot.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 10 Out: 9
Comments: Well balanced, you can use the slight oversteer to your advantage to have a fast corner exit.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Its getting better with more speed, solid handling a with the right amount of turn-in/overtseer

Its a fast car around the track but require a good racing line that is smooth, the oversteer can serve you well or ruin your lap, its a very good tune that make the car a lot of fun to drive, got used to it in the first lap, good job!
Just needed 3 laps, 2nd lap was already good but wanted to make sure i couldnt improve a lot.

8:22.781

Test drive result // total points= 110 pts

Max speed under bridge: 218 km/h = 135 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle:9 Out: 10
Comments: Awesome control for an FF for low speed corners, turn-in is solid.

Medium speed corner:

Comments: Impressive cornering, it will hold its line really good.

High speed corner:
Comments: Very precise steering, will not carry as much speed as it could due to the power.

It was really fun to drive, i did only 2 laps, i felt comfortable instantly, theres still some time to shave for sure but it was still a solid lap, well done!

8:24.791

Max speed under bridge: 215 km/h = 134 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: Turn-in is very good, the front bite and the car is predicatble at all time.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The car react almost perfectly, no real understeer.

High speed corner:
Comments: Surprising balance, it can run on curbs, dont understeer, keep its line, awesome for an FF.

Only did 2 laps with this one, its one of the easiest car to drive of the lot, very good tune the car is neutral at any time, cant imagine with just a little more speed!

8:28.945

Max speed under bridge: 211 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: The car react very well at low speed, the front will stay planted on retake

Medium speed corner:
Comments: I could almost drive with closed eyes, cannot be more predicatable than that, and will run over curbs without understeer or geting unbalanced.

High speed corner:
Comments: It will keep the line you want, and will keep a good pace that help compensate for the low straight line speed.

Running the ghost of the 2000GT for fun i could really see the Mazda shine in the twisty part, its a briliant tune, Uber easy to drive, i did 2 laps.

8:29.639

Test drive result // total points= 109 pts

Max speed under bridge: 213 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Very good balance, you can use oversteer and apply full throttle AND gain speed.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Just like low speed corners, the car feel agile and counter steering is easy and fun, feel at home on the ring.

High speed corner:
Comments: Awesome handling, very precise.

Comments: I felt immediatly comfortable with it, had some fun medium speed corners counter steering it is very quick but suffered from lack of power in 4th gear, a better gearing would have helped, the funniest roadster '07 to drive.

8:24.389

Test drive result // total points= 108 pts

Max speed under bridge: 227 km/h = 141 mph =28 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: Good turn-in, but will suffer from understeer if you brake hard from high speed for a tight corner, but the power is well put on the ground on acceleration without too much oversteer.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Good overall in medium speed corners, it remain neutral and easy to aim in the right direction, and the gearing is just right, theres tons of power out of most corner.

High speed corner:
Comments: have some oversteer depending of the angle but will do very well and keep a good pace, it carry enought speed through high speed corner to really use its power in straight line.

Very good tune, i really liked the gearing, it really helped this car, the handling is also very good.

8:27.642

Max speed under bridge: 212 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: can oversteer at corner entry if driven agressively, can be tricky, but great steering and good grip.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: steering is precise, can still surprise you with fast oversteer if too agressive on downshifting while getting into the curves, the car really stick on the road and is still predicatable, lot of corner speed.

High speed corner:
Comments: The car react very good on bumpy surface liek curbs, keep a good pace and the gearing is good.

Comments: Its the fastest Roadster '07 ive tested, feel more tamed than
sean10mm's one, still a great ride, good job!

8:28.846

Max speed under bridge: 237 km/h = 147 mph =30 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:8 Out: 9
Comments: Its tail happy and will not like you if you use the curbs and the throttle in same time, but once you get the feel of it you can follow the pace.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 9 Out: 8
Comments: Getting the car in the right place on entry is easy, but you need to pay attention how you get into the corner, the angle is important, then you need to be careful with the oversteer, you can use a small amount it can reward you, but then you can easily go too far and lose control.

High speed corner:

Comments: It does really well on most high speed corners, probably the car that kept the highest speed in Flugplatz corner, the racing line is really important to keep the balance.

The most challenging car to drive of the shootout, and one of the most enjoyable, require all your attention. There was may be some work left for the oversteer, but the top speed
of this car was ballistic, awesome!

8:21.914

Test drive result // total points= 107 pts

Max speed under bridge: 222 km/h = 138 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good turn-in, you have to be careful with sliding to not lose speed.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Precise steering, very stable and will run over curbs easily, can lose speed if you oversteer, hard to define a limit of traction, the car seem to be tamed too much and make it hard to predict loss of traction... thats where you will lose the most time.
Make the learning curve of the car longer.

High speed corner:
Comments: Very stable from entry to exit, and will carry a good speed even with the wing, might wanted slightly more turn-in at high speed, may be slightly too much rear downforce, but its really easy to drive that way.

Very easy MR2 to drive, forgive a lot, slightly too tamed imo but was still a blast to drive!

8:22.133

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph = 26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Corner entry is critical, it can oversteer brutaly if you are not careful, but when done right it will not slow it down, its just doesnt help consistancy.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The car feel alive and responsive, no margin for much errors though, but once you get the feel of it you can use the oversteer very well.

High speed corner:
Comments: Very good grip despite the fact theres still some oversteer if you push too much but its manageable, very fast cornering.

Its a very good car, the 2nd fastest MR2 of this generation, the oversteer on acceleration and high speed braking when pushing it to its limit are the only negative thing i can say and it is still not that bad when you get the feel of the car, i needed 3 laps to confirm the 2nd lap was decent.
Driving this car you will never make you fall asleep, well done!

8:24.746

Max speed under bridge: 213 km/h = 132 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Doesnt feel as planted as the other Focus, but it still does very well, not much overtsteer and theres a good amount of grip.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The turn-in is very nice, the car can be a litle unstable over bumps if you push too much or use the curbs but its still very quick, the gearing also match the track really well.

High speed corner:
Comments: very good line good grip , safe car with no surprise.

Theo77 Focus feel more planted overall, but this was really good in some corners, enought to finish just in front, very nice tune, well done!

8:40.384

Test drive result // total points=107 pts

Max speed under bridge: 197 km/h = 122 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Turn-in is perfect the car is easy to change direction.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Very good lateral grip, very predictable and you can feel the road, braking point and speed entry can be tricky if you keep it in higher gear for more torque. ( i was using 4th gear where it would normaly use 3rd with an engine that has more top end... but it made some corner entry speed tricky...

High speed corner:
Comments: Solid handling, very precise, just need more power on exit

The car is perfectly balanced, perhaps less ARB will allow more roll to play with weight displacement more than with the wheel, but it´s my personal opinion, the car is great like this too.
The only bad point is the very bad top speed. The fact that he use a 6 speed close ratios gearbox don´t help. With this car the max power is at 4000 rpm. After this torque and power fall dramatically. You need to shift at 4000 rpm and retake at 2800/3000 rpm. So you need a longer gearbox to stay in this range. It will be faster for sure.

8:28.347

Test drive result // total points= 106 pts

Max speed under bridge: 219 km/h = 136 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:8 Out: 9
Comments: More stable than a house, will rarely oversteer on agressive braking on entry, the weak point is middle of the curve where it understeer a lot, you need to wait before going full throttle and make sure you will have a fast exit.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 7 Out: 10
Comments: Again, very stable, very precise on corner entry and exit, unfortunatly will lose a lot of time with the loss of front grip... very easy to drive.

High speed corner:
Comments: It will have enought turn-in for high speed corner, the car go where you want it to go, be careful not touching curbs iin middle of corners if you are at the limit it will throw you out of your line.

Extremely stable car, its its best and quality and worst disadvantage, but it make the car really easy to drive and more consistant lap after lap, ertake can be slow sometimes but overall very nice car, and the horn sound great! lol.

8:23.975

Test drive result // total points= 105 pts

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph = 26 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: Good turn-in but can be tricky the car react fast.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Very precise steering, easy to place the car at the right spot but is prone to oversteer and but can get unstable over curbs or bumps, the suspension feel a little too stiff, but will grip a lot on smooth curves.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: the stiff suspension can make it unstable you need to pay attention to your racing line

Good overall car, with a softer suspension and less oversteer i think it would been closer to the other ones, it just couldnt keep pace on bumpy surface, it was still a lot of fun to drive, thx for sharing!

8:24.329

Max speed under bridge: 224 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good turn-in on entry, if you push too much on entry the car will swing and oversteer in middle part, exit is good.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Can take curves and handle the tire heat without understeering, you lose speed though if you push too much...

High speed corner:
Comments: Very good cornering capability at high speed, you can get the car where you want it to be.

Very surprised by its performance, the handling is sharp, good steering response and will stay planted on curbs, it was very easy to drive and a lot of fun, almost dont feel like an FF.

8:25.341

Max speed under bridge: 223 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Easy to drive, but can oversteer in mid part, you need to pay attention not not slide too much or you will lose speed, keep a nice smooth line.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Entry is good, but the car cant hold grip most of time you need to focus on your speed for the exit.

High speed corner:
Comments: It has great handling on high speed corners, feel like its slightly sliding but keep the pace and the line, easy and fun!

Overall very nice, need some times to get used to the car tendency to slide especialy in a curve that has elevation change where it can ''float'' a little, it is very quick around the track, good job!

8:28.816

Test drive result // total points=104 pts

Max speed under bridge: 207 km/h = 128 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Very thin edge between grip and drift, the car feel very loose and will require very small steering input.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Corner entry is critical, you almost need to steer before you would normaly do theres a delay since the car is very ''soft'' but is really quick when you get used to it, its just not easy to drive.

High speed corner:
Comments: Enought turn-in to steer a battleship, again with precise use of the steering, the car will make good use of its light weight and oversteer carrying good speed trough corners, would need more power on exit tough...

The car would need a more user friendly handling, its fun to drive but would be even better with a better grip, despite the low power and top speed it did really well, surprising car well done :)

8:28.955

Test drive result // total points= 104pts

Max speed under bridge: 228 km/h = 141 mph =28 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:8 Out: 8
Comments: Easy to get in the right place on entry, will oversteer if too agressive, i just let the rear barely slide with mid throttle i just let it do the work and slowly get on the throttle as the grip come back, in a smooth curve, it will easily spin out without a lot of angle, so be careful!

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 8
Comments: Entry is never a problem, the car will respond very well on curbs, it has slightly smoother feeling than XDesperado's 2000GT, but you still need to pay attention of what you are doing, throttle control is important.

High speed corner:

Comments: Great stability on entry and will keep a good pace with a good line, need to be careful of your entry speed for corners like Mutkurve.

Another fun car to drive! I wished the gearing was slightly longer would have helped a little, it wasnt as fast on straight line as XDesperado's 2000GT but the smoother handling helped keeping a good pace to have very similar final lap time.

8:29.621

Test drive result // total points= 104 pts

Max speed under bridge: 212 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:9 Out: 8
Comments: Will have fast cornering speed and grip, but can also oversteer brutaly if driven to agressive, you need to be careful.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The car grip a lot, again be careful when the corner speed is slow enought on entry the rear can say goodbye, once you find the limit it is nice though.

High speed corner:
Comments: The car react well on curbs, it has great turn-in and will kep its line, corner exit can be difficult with the 6th gear too wide vs the erst of the gearing.

Very good car, may be slightly too tamed, dont feel as good as the other one, the 3rd gear was a bit short could helped on some corners, the grip waas excellent though.

8:26.797

Max speed under bridge: 217 km/h = 134.8 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Initial turn-in is good, the grip dont fade, you need to get on throttle earlier with teh CVT transmission, need sometime to get use to it.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Again turn-in is good, control is linear and predictable minus the throttle response than can either make you go too fast or too slow, timing is the key.

High speed corner:
Comments: Solid car, very stable and will keep its line.

The throttle response is the main challenge with this car, otherwise the handling is very good and well balanced.

8:27.286

Test drive result // total points= 104pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: It has a lot of oversteer but can be used when done properly, its still well balanced.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: You need to find the right angle of approach to be able to use the oversteer, because it will oversteer if you are going for an hotlap, steering is precise but you cant go beyond the car capability, you have to find the best balance at its limit.

High speed corner:
Comments: The car feel great on high speed cornering, it will be limited on middle part though, the rear dont want to grip as much as it could but it can take corners fast.

Despite the oversteer this car can go pretty fast is a lot of fun to drive, but it is difficult to have consistant driving you need to stay focused on what you are doing, i like it!

8:31.524

Max speed under bridge: 217 km/h = 135 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: The entry is really easy, but the middle part can be tricky the car can react differently sometimes, feel like the diff tame it too much making it hard to feel the limit correctly.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Excellent control, it feel predictable and is easy to countersteer if anything happen.

High speed corner:
Comments: Good turn-in will keep a good pace during high speed corner is very stable.

Nice tune im impressed with the car performance, the low speed can feel strange sometimes but for the rest it was fun to drive!

8:28.857

Test drive result // total points= 103 pts

Max speed under bridge: 223 km/h = 139 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 8
Comments: Turn-in is fantastic, very good control and not much understeer, 2nd gear is slightly too short, and 3rd too long, making you slow down too much in some corners to use the 2nd gear since the 3rd is unusable.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 7
Comments: Again, the front is glued to the track very sharp turn-in with stability, on the other hand it will not like curbs, if you touch one the car will be thrown out of the line
and you will lose some time, on exit the 3rd gear is too long and thats where all the gains from the turn are lost.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 7
Comments: Very predictable corner entry, again if you touch the curbs you will be ejected of the racing line, otherwise it will keep a good speed, but will not keep a good pace because of the gearing.

The handling was superior to the other CRX minus the curb part.. it has better steering response, but the gearing really ruined its chance, i raced the other CRX's ghost and as soon there was a straight line the other CRX was putting bus lenght.
None the less impressive handling!

8:34.555

Test drive result // total points= 103 pts

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Turn-in is very good, a little oversteer if you push too much.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The car has a great handling capability, but will lose stability and speed on the curbs on middle part, losing time and speed for the exit depeding the area.

High speed corner:
Comments: Same thing as medium speed cornering, the suspension is too stiff for the curbs, might need a smoother suspension.

Comments: Despite the suspension a little too stiff, it had a very good handling with good turn-in, it was fun to drive but would have used a slightly longer gearing, it was hitting the rev limiter on few area. Good job nontheless :)

8:27.252

Test drive result // total points= 102 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: The diff seem to tame the power too much and make the car understeer on a high speed hard braking for a tight corner, make corner entry more difficult, will also react weird in some area, would benefit from more power at both wheels.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Turn-in is good, the car stay oriented the way you want, it will not like running on curbs though wich is a must on the ring to keep perfect control of the car, exit is very smooth.

High speed corner:
Comments: It will have predicatable high speed entry on corners, the mid part is crucial to have a nice exit, and it can get tricky to maintain a good pace, again it doesnt like curbs wich doesnt help keeping the car perfectly balanced to have a fast corner exit.

An easy car to drive, look great and sound nice, just require some attention to get the best out of it, its easy to get confused by its limit of grip, it just need more power to both wheels to be more predictable.
Still a very good car to drive.

8:33.320

Max speed under bridge: 211 km/h = 133 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: SUrprisingly good low speed cornering for its size, but you can still feel it is not comfortable, can be tricky to find the right momentum, it has good low end punch on retake though.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Braking from high speed corner entry can be tricky, on hard braking it will have a good turn-in but if your still too fast it will then oversteer, making it crucial to have the right braking point, other than that it react really well and stay planted over curbs wich is good!

High speed corner:
Comments: Predictable and have a good stability.

Comments: I wasnt expecting a lot from the mini-van but you surprised me! very well done it had a sharp handling for the weight.

8:34.065

Test drive result // total points= 98 pts

Max speed under bridge: 209 km/h = 130 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 7 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: Some understeer on corner entry, but has a good low end punch for the exit, can suffer from understeer though if the line is not good.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The car feel neutral, very stable.

High speed corner:
Comments: Not too bad but it feel like its top heavy and will not stay planted on high speed corners.

I expected a slower lap time than this, it was still very competitive considering the lenght of the track, well done!

EDIT:
I will try to add some videos, icant add all of them i will explode my upload limit ! :D lol

praiano63's MR2 G-Limited 8:19.950 :

Chuyler1's MR2 Spyder (6MT) '02 8:21.504:

CSLACR's Acura Integra Type-R '01 8:22.781:

XDesperado's Toyota 2000GT '67 8:28.846

Onboy's Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 8:24.329

Krenkme' Renault Avantime 8:33.320

Last edited:
Thanks for the great time and review on "Aki" mike.:cheers:

Looks like its official with two of the fastest test drivers, she loses to much time in the corners to make it up in the higher speed sections.:drool: Oh well had a blast tuning her so I'll take a look at RallyWagon's tune after the shootout and see if I can't improve the handling a little bit.:D

Again great job on the testing mike.👍👍

Great lap Mike, seems so easy like this...:ouch: ,i will learn with this. Happy with my result. Thanks a lot and congratulations to everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°/

Thanks for the great time and review on "Aki" mike.:cheers:

Looks like its official with two of the fastest test drivers, she loses to much time in the corners to make it up in the higher speed sections.:drool: Oh well had a blast tuning her so I'll take a look at RallyWagon's tune after the shootout and see if I can't improve the handling a little bit.:D

Again great job on the testing mike.👍👍

No problem! it was a lot of fun, if your car would be slightly softer on bumps and curbs and keep its grip it would improve a lot. :)
It was a lot of fun, and the car looked really nice too!

You can see in the review i talk a lot about the curbs :D lol but thats an important part of the racing line on the ring, it need grip and stability on the curbs!. :dopey:

Great lap Mike, seems so easy like this...:ouch: ,i will learn with this. Happy with my result. Thanks a lot and congratulations to everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°/

Thank you praiano! :) You did great too, if the video can help anyone improving then its a great bonus! 👍
i can upload ghost replay as well if anyone want one. :)

Wow. Just wow. :lol:👍
I was impressed with the performance of your car, it had really good grip and precise steering, well done! 👍 and id say theres a low 8:25 in it with more runtime.

26. 8:33.320 Krenkme - PSN: krenkme// RENAULT AVANTIME ´02

Krenkme - PSN: krenkme// RENAULT AVANTIME ´02

8:33.320

Max speed under bridge: 211 km/h = 133 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: SUrprisingly good low speed cornering for its size, but you can still feel it is not comfortable, can be tricky to find the right momentum, it has good low end punch on retake though.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Braking from high speed corner entry can be tricky, on hard braking it will have a good turn-in but if your still too fast it will then oversteer, making it crucial to have the right braking point, other than that it react really well and stay planted over curbs wich is good!

High speed corner:
Comments: Predictable and have a good stability.

Comments: I wasnt expecting a lot from the mini-van but you surprised me! very well done it had a sharp handling for the weight.

I know the van has no place here, but I thank you for toughing it out and putting in an amazing lap!!! I think the kids in the back seats enjoyed the ride too :dopey:

Thanks 👍

I know the van has no place here, but I thank you for toughing it out and putting in an amazing lap!!! I think the kids in the back seats enjoyed the ride too :dopey:

Thanks 👍

No problem Krenkme! I think we all knew it was not the quickest, but i thought it would end last and it didnt :D good job on the tune!

8:28.347

Test drive result // total points= 106 pts

Max speed under bridge: 219 km/h = 136 mph =24 pts

Blah, blah, blah, blah...etc...

...........and the horn sound great! lol.

Another awesome review Mike thanks!!! I was hoping someone would notice the extra work I put into "tuning" the horn. Can't say I'm not thorough!!:sly:

Is cowboy's tune posted somewhere? I am doing some comparisons between all of the tunes posted and am missing his.

I will post some data for the community to discuss. For example, how many people did high front/low rear. How many did the transmission slider trick? What was the range of camber used? Some interesting results so far.

Is cowboy's tune posted somewhere? I am doing some comparisons between all of the tunes posted and am missing his.

I will post some data for the community to discuss. For example, how many people did high front/low rear. How many did the transmission slider trick? What was the range of camber used? Some interesting results so far.

Im reading this topic several times a day, didnt see his nor ravers tune yet :scared:

Last edited:
Mike, some great times you managed there well done, and very good feedback.

Thanks for putting in the time:tup:

the feedback from both mike and praiano was really well done!!!

I am reading this thread god knows how many times a day....

and have been driving bucket loads of cars round the ring seeing if I can find a hidden Gem......

so far biggest surprise for me has been the VW samba van fully worked....that thing absolutely fly's.... managed a 8:30.xx thus far............@420pp....... will put it up on share tomoz for those on FR to try out!!!!

Im reading this topic several times a day, didnt say his nor ravers tune yet :scared:

CSLACR has raver's on share and said a few posts ago that he would get the tune posted. I got ravers through borrow. Cowboy isn't in my friends list so I haven't seen his. Is he still tuning this far past the deadline or was his car at least on share by Saturday?

CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973 // Ford focus ST170 ´03

Low speed corner:
Comments: The car have a little tendency to float if your direction input is too important. Need some laps to feel it but after it´s ok. Brakes and wheel need very smalls input. The car dance well.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Same as above, use only the half of the brake,stay smooth and take your line.If not you will be sanctioned by a little understeer and lose your speed.
The car have a very low rear spring rate and because of this (I think) Cy let it very high above the road. If you force it too much, you will pass over the tire easy , but if you go smooth ,you will be very fast.

High speed corner:

I run this car with the ghost of the other focus ST170 that is a top car talking about handling, more planted and stiffer. First lap , I stay behind till I find the way to drive smooth and on the line , like Cy say on his first comments. After this I stick to the other perfectly all the way. A better driving line at km 13 to km 14 let me 0.500 in front. They have exactly the same performance with two very different way to tune.

Personally I prefer the Zigatan focus only for one reason. Stiffer car more planted are easy to race on the ring in the middle of others cars. With the Cy one, need to make a perfect line with a perfect speed control. Great car to drive in any other condition than with other crazy people wanting passing you or not wanting let you pass…

Congratulations my friend.

You would never want to take this car online. The balance of the rear is so fine that the slightest knock or harsh input and it'll spin. I've tried it online and it wouldn't survive a lap. The rear of the car is lifted to give the suspension room to work. The springs and the dampers are relatively soft, with a thick roll bar trying to keep the whole thing flat. Whilst the rear is precarious, there should be plenty of control and it should obediently follow the front of the car. In order to take the car online, I think lowering it all round, decreasing the rear toe, increasing rear camber and possibly increasing the rear springs would suffice. Please remember, on these tyres, this is strictly an "offline-only" car. It also doesn't drive particualrly well on 'flat' tracks. Bumpy tracks are fine, like the 'Ring, Trial Mountain, etc, etc 👍

You know I like my cars setup softer, we spoken before about it. I tried a few other submissions and I just feel that stiff cars get away from me, slipping and sliding across the track. I like my rides to be more compliant and forgiving. As you say, I like to 'float' around a track, rather than pull the tarmac off..!!

3 seconds faster than myself, which is a smaller margin than I was expecting. Which leads me to think that I'm fast in my own car, rather than my car being fast ;)

As ever, thank you for your time and efforts, Sir...

8:24.746

Low speed corner:
Comments: Doesnt feel as planted as the other Focus, but it still does very well, not much overtsteer and theres a good amount of grip.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The turn-in is very nice, the car can be a litle unstable over bumps if you push too much or use the curbs but its still very quick, the gearing also match the track really well.

High speed corner:

Theo77 Focus feel more planted overall, but this was really good in some corners, enought to finish just in front, very nice tune, well done!

Bejeezuz man..!! 8:24..?? Pray tell, which planet is it that you herald from?? I'm glad to see I managed a second win over Theo (sorry fella), although I am disappointed to still be behind OnBoy's Hyundai. I'll be accepting his thanks later, after furnishing him with his car ;)

Thank you also for your time and efforts, I do hope you enjoyed the car itself and the event as a whole...

{Cy}

Bejeezuz man..!! 8:24..?? Pray tell, which planet is it that you herald from?? I'm glad to see I managed a second win over Theo (sorry fella), although I am disappointed to still be behind OnBoy's Hyundai. I'll be accepting his thanks later, after furnishing him with his car ;)

Thank you also for your time and efforts, I do hope you enjoyed the car itself and the event as a whole...

{Cy}

Liking soft cars…floating over tarmac > ripping tarmac…James May is here! :dopey:

And yea, thank you very much for that car! :D It's thanks to you that I'm for once in the Top Ten of a shootout. :D Though Praiano did say the '99 was better, so…yea. :P

Liking soft cars&#8230;floating over tarmac > ripping tarmac&#8230;James May is here! :dopey:

And yea, thank you very much for that car! :D It's thanks to you that I'm for once in the Top Ten of a shootout. :D Though Praiano did say the '99 was better, so&#8230;yea. :P

Captain Slow to the rescue..!! I did quite like the Vauxhall Corsa they made him drive on last nights episode of Top Gear.

Praiano doesn't count, he's part Brazillian, part Alien. I was a good handful of seconds faster in the later model. Good build all round, Sir, it translated well on both models of the car 👍

I might call off my hunt for a 420PP car, unless the rest of the Test Drivers suddenly start submitting 8:15s for my car :scared:

{Cy}

Captain Slow to the rescue..!! I did quite like the Vauxhall Corsa they made him drive on last nights episode of Top Gear.

Praiano doesn't count, he's part Brazillian, part Alien. I was a good handful of seconds faster in the later model. Good build all round, Sir, it translated well on both models of the car 👍

I might call off my hunt for a 420PP car, unless the rest of the Test Drivers suddenly start submitting 8:15s for my car :scared:

{Cy}

Yea, shame May's too much of an old fart to get it. :lol:

Yup. :lol: I thank you, good sir. :dopey:

Vauxhall Corsa? :lol:

Also, have you read this? Not a bad result from you.

Back