400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
My car is ready with the 1000 kg rule. Without it change everything, let see what cars can enter in my actual top 3.

:ouch::ouch: ><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°
Sorry, it just didn't make any sense the second time I thought about it.:dopey:

No problems, i discover a car 4 seconds faster than the one with 1000 kg mini rule. I´m going to check some more ,but if there is no others, it will be a very good battle anyway. :):)

Actually since the idea was/is to create an interesting challenge that wouldn't necessarily be dominated by one or two cars the weight restriction made a certain sense so as tuners we would have the option of a slightly light car using ballast to meet weight requirements but having less power or a heavier car with more power or trying to do a bit of both by trimming excess weight off a heavier car but keeping it at minimum weight with ballast. Many real world racing series use minimum weights for the cars as well. However the no minimum weight will help ensure more options get explored.

Hoping my 2000GT can help me make the cut although it will mean a lot more testing to find an interesting car for the second round...hmm maybe a Lexus will get a shot in the second round, or that Mercedes I was lusting after...:crazy::D

Round 2

Top 10 tuner entries, any drivers

All rules same as the first round, except as follows:
PP limit will be 420PP
The use of power limiter is not allowed at all.
Ballast is free to be added as pleased.
No car from the top 10 in the first round can be entered into the second round, all entries must be with different cars, car boundaries are the same as round 1. No concepts, RM's, race cars, rally cars allowed.

Just a bit of clarification and I apologize if it's been asked already. Not that I expect to make the top 10 but in case of a fluke, are you saying that a car that makes the top 10 in the first round is off limits to every tuner that goes on to the second round or off limits to the tuner who tuned it in the first round only?

Just a bit of clarification and I apologize if it's been asked already. Not that I expect to make the top 10 but in case of a fluke, are you saying that a car that makes the top 10 in the first round is off limits to every tuner that goes on to the second round or off limits to the tuner who tuned it in the first round only?
Way I read it is that no one can use any of the cars that are in the top 10 for the first round. Also don't count yourself out yet I think this is going to be a surprisingly tight event especially considering the length of the course.:cheers::gtpflag:

XDesperado67
No you need the post the tune for your car. You know what parts you used and the suspension and transmission setup etc.:D:tup:👍

I meant tune maybe autocorrect put time? Or just me lol.

Will post here in a few.

I meant tune maybe autocorrect put time? Or just me lol.

Will post here in a few.
If you have your own tuning garage you can post the tune there and a link to it here. Otherwise just post it here in the shootout thread.👍👍

Looks like my time is at a premium lately. I don't know that I will be able to get to everyone but I am going to try. Hopefully I will have the time to get to everyone but we'll see how it goes with so many entries. :scared:

CSLovato :D, please put me down as a tester for Group 2 at the very least.

XDesperado67
If you have your own tuning garage you can post the tune there and a link to it here. Otherwise just post it here in the shootout thread.👍👍

Will in a few. Has everyone tested my car? I think I've added all of the testers.

EDIT: On share now!

Deadline is over where is your tune Cowboy ..??? Don´t see your car on share ...???? :nervous::nervous:

There´s still 2 or 3 hours left till deadline , if I´m not mistaken.

Edit :
I guess deadline is 11:59pm PST , so it´s maybe a few hours more left.

raVer

Last edited:
Not tested yours yet, still have a couples car left, the miata's, the RX-8, the MR2 '86, the Mercedes annnnnd i think thats it :)

There´s still 2 or 3 hours left till deadline , if I´m not mistaken.

Edit :
I guess deadline is 11:59pm PST , so it´s maybe a few hours more left.

raVer

If deadline 11:59pm PST , now it´s 12:40 PST.. over, i´m testing Cowboys car, my last one.

Here we go, congratulations to everybody !!!

laptime.jpg

driverchoice.jpg

maxspeed.jpg

400PP Nordschleife Shootout
Points attribution System

Max speed end of straight under the bridge: till 220kmh= 24pts // 220-225 kmh= 26 pts // 225 +230 kmh = 28 pts // 230 kmh + = 30 pts

Low speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = quick driving direction changes without loosing the rear

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

medium speed corner:
entry 10 pts = agressive entry with little overster oriented inside the corner.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line with throttle ,eagerness ,good grip staying in line.

out 10 pts = little oversteer with full early power allowing round corner out.

High speed corner:
entry 10 pts = Good and sharp direction to place the car , grip, precision and stability.

mid 10 pts = perfect control of driving line ,constant grip ,no floatty (snake).

out 10 pts = When full gas, no little oversteer that make loose speed, no understeer that don't allow full throttle, perfect balance.

Test drive result // total points= 96 pts

Max speed under bridge: 209 km/h = 130 mph *=24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 7 Out: 8*
Comments: Good entry (if don´t need lot of brakes) over-steer mid corner , loose rear changing direction, very sharp.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle7 Out: 8
Comments: *good grip,very unstable under strong braking, over-steer mid corner, need to gowith 2 fingers on the wheel looking for the right input and ready to counter steer to not spin.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 8*
Comments: Need to brake early to stay inline, need lot of control mid corner, good out.

Comments: I have tried to push the car hard and make a better time, the car can do this, but I would need 20 laps before to make a clean one without losing control. So driving safe even with a bad top speed, you can make a decent time. Gear box not well spread.

Tuner // car : VTiRoj - PSN: RoJJieE &#8211; HONDA INSIGHT LS 09

Test drive result // total points= 103 pts

Max speed under bridge: 212 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: medium changes of direction, easy to drive where you want, just can´t use throttle to help weight transferl.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 8
Comments: good grip,good entry under break, just difficult to stay at the right speed ,stay on the line easy,out corner very soft, strange accel ,difficult to know the right moment, need more than five laps for sure.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: Perfect line, good direction.

Good grip just strange to drive, don´t allow to play with weight transferat acceleration, and low top speed. No engine brake.

Tuner // car : Onboy123- PSN: Onboy123 &#8211; Hyundai Tiburon GT ´01

Test drive result // total points= 104 pts

Max speed under bridge: 224 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 9
Comments: good changes of direction, less grip than the Tiburon ´09, safe car,little understeer mid corner.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: good grip,good entry under break,stability stay in the line you chose

High speed corner:
Comments: good line, car very planted , no surprises.

The fist Onboy Hyundai I have tested , show more grip, I run this one with the ghost of the Tiburon, and it show perfectly that this car have less grip , just a little, but a higher top speed. Just enough to fill the gap 2 times mid track and make the difference in the straight. Well done my friend, this one is faster but I prefer the handling of the first Tiburon. Congrats Mr Onboy.
__ _______________________

C-ZETA - PSN: V16T91// MG TF 160 03

Test drive result // total points= 104 pts

Max speed under bridge: 218 km/h = 135 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: good changes of direction,Just to much open LSD ,9/5/5, that let the car very safe but to lazy.I prefer a little controllable reaction on accel , it help a lot out corner low speed .

Medium speed corner:
Comments: very good grip,good entry under break,Neutral mid corner easy to control , just maintaining speed, Out corner safe , forgive a lot, car steady on the road.

High speed corner:
Comments: Neutral and safe entry and mid corner, stay concentrate out corner to not drift, it´s still safe but can loose speed.

Very good car all level of driver, neutral, safe and responsive .
________________________________________ _______________________

Chuyler1 - PSN: chuyler1// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

Test drive result // total points= 107 pts

Max speed under bridge: 225 km/h = 140 mph = 28 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good direction, easy to place and to drive where you want, just some oversteer out corner that don´t allow early acceleration.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: very good grip,good entry under break, mid corner steady line ,take care of your direction input and your speed if not a little oversteer will brake you, easy to control, good out corner.

High speed corner:
Comments: Perfect line, good direction ,maintaining speed .

Very fast car, good grip good top speed, just a little too soft on his springs and dampers in my opinion, this increase the proportion of weight transfer over low grip tires and sometimes if you are above the speed for the driving line, the car will oversteer, no danger but you will loosing some speed. At this PP it is difficult to regain.
I think 20% more stiffness on dampers and springs will let the car perfect for me.
Congratulations, excellent drive, excellent car.

Theo777 PSN: Zigatan// Ford Focus ST170`03

Test drive result // total points= 109 pts

Max speed under bridge: 215 km/h = 134 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 9
Comments: excellent grip and line , always perfectly balanced. Perhaps a higher rear bias will let the front tires with more grip after strong braking, staying red when trail braking.From 5/6 to 4/7 for example.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments: Still excellent grip,good entry under break, when at good speed stay on line steady on his way, out corner you can accelerate early without a bad surprise and no understeer at all, perfect.

High speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 10
Comments: Faster , more grip and more line carrying more speed than all the other cars I have tested. Just perfect again.

This is the perfect tune for me. The car just don`t have a good top speed for the ring, but I can´t see any wrong thing in his balance and grip.
Very good job, congratulations.

LineR32 - PSN: LineR32// Toyota MR2 1600 G `86

Test drive result // total points= 101pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 7
Comments: This car is very quick and the direction is sharp. The oversteer is not tamed at all and you can`t explore his potential out a corner or during change of direction.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 7
Comments: The same, still excellent grip,good entry under break, but after the mid corner the same big oversteer again. Impossible to go faster , the car want , but you can´t need to negociate with the throttle and direction input with only 2 fingers even with a G27. It´s fun, but not fast.

High speed corner:
Comments: Here the problem with the accel on exit is not there anymore, but take care all the time with weight transfer. If not the sanction is : you´re out.

Very good car , fun, but nothing was done to reduce oversteer and the acceleration exit corner. For example equal ride height , high LSD value, same dampers, lower front ARB value than rear&#8230;.low rear TOE&#8230;.. This does not help to correct the oversteer problem. This is a good driving lesson, very fun I have to say, but it was difficult to finish one lap, even reducing the speed.

DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka// Mazda6 5-door ´03

Test drive result // total points= 110 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 10
Comments: perfect tune.What you want this car to do , it do the same way you think it will. The entry and mid corner are not perfect 10 because of the front weight ,FF ,but even like this the car is very aggressive with a lot of grip

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 9 Out: 10
Comments: The same,perhaps there is room for more aggressive ride height,lower front dampers and front ARB, not a lot, just to let it more sharp.

High speed corner:
Comments: The car is just perfect at high speed.

Such a perfect car is not at his place on the ring just because it have a bad top speed. But on another track where the speed is not so important, it can be in the top 3 for sure.

sean10mm - PSN: sean10mm// Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Test drive result // total points= 101 pts

Max speed under bridge: 213 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:8 Out: 8
Comments: Very reactive car with the grip of the premium.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: good grip very good brakes , beware oversteer out corner or change of direction with too much direction input.

High speed corner:
Comments: perfect grip direction and safe.

Comments: Don´t know why not use a custom gearbox at the place of the stock. Just doing this it´s 3 seconds shaved easy. Better accel, no hole between 3 & 4&#8230;.. The car is good to drive , just show some dangerous oversteer during change of direction. This let the car unsafe sometime, I did a test with stock suspension settings and i´m faster because more confident in the car.

oopssorryy - PSN: CyKosis1973// Toyota Celica SS II ´99

Test drive result // total points= 105 pts

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:9 Out: 8
Comments: Some few oversteer entry and out corner.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: good grip ,at this speed it is easy to use the weight displacement and the stiff rear to place the car.

High speed corner:
Comments: The car is neutral and safe.

Comments: I love the shape of this car, stock it is really bad to drive, so the tune is very positive. Not a great FF but 100% better than stock , this is a very good point, congrats.

tris_73 - PSN: TRIS_73// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph = 26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Very sensitive to wheel driving angle,must have precison in your input, few throttle control needed out corner ,but no problems

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Must take corners at the right speed to be very safe and fast,good balance and good grip,good entry under break, mid corner steady line , during sucession of turns ,change of direction ,don&#8217;t let the car pass over the tires, its easy to control but you will loose time easy, good out corner.

High speed corner:
Comments: Perfect line, good direction ,maintaining speed .

This car have exactly the same performance as chuyler1 car. During my 2 laps, the car stay sticked at the chuyler 1 car, perfectly, everywhere.
2 differents cars, one very soft , a smooth ride, the other more sharp on harder springs and dampers. The result is the same , but there is one difference at the end.
Tris ´s car top speed is set at a lower value, and the result is 4 kmh less in the last straight. 221kmh x 225 kmh. This when Chuyler1 ghost pull more than 1 second away.

I let the same points for both cars, but the top speed points make the difference for chuyler1 in front of Tris´s car.

Krenkme - PSN: krenkme// RENAULT AVANTIME ´02

Test drive result // total points= 102 pts

Max speed under bridge: 214 km/h = 133 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: Big car, 1741 kg, not easy to move in a short space, but stll very controllable . A little understeer in and out corner ,and a good grip for his size.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Extremely safe , the rear is planted, you can attack anything but you will be sanctioned by a little understeer if you are to fast.

High speed corner:
Comments: very good line control with wheel angle and throttle.

Comments: Excellent car for his size, rear very planted and safe , perhaps could be more incisive ,aggressive,with more extreme settings, giving more live to this fat planted rear. It was a very pleasant drive, must be a real cool car for a family in the real life.
Congrats my friend

CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973 // Ford focus ST170 ´03

Max speed under bridge: 213 km/h = 132 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: The car have a little tendency to float if your direction input is too important. Need some laps to feel it but after it´s ok. Brakes and wheel need very smalls input. The car dance well.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Same as above, use only the half of the brake,stay smooth and take your line.If not you will be sanctioned by a little understeer and lose your speed.
The car have a very low rear spring rate and because of this (I think) Cy let it very high above the road. If you force it too much, you will pass over the tire easy , but if you go smooth ,you will be very fast.

High speed corner:
Comments: very good line good grip , safe car with no surprise.

I run this car with the ghost of the other focus ST170 that is a top car talking about handling, more planted and stiffer. First lap , I stay behind till I find the way to drive smooth and on the line , like Cy say on his first comments. After this I stick to the other perfectly all the way. A better driving line at km 13 to km 14 let me 0.500 in front. They have exactly the same performance with two very different way to tune.

Personally I prefer the Zigatan focus only for one reason. Stiffer car more planted are easy to race on the ring in the middle of others cars. With the Cy one, need to make a perfect line with a perfect speed control. Great car to drive in any other condition than with other crazy people wanting passing you or not wanting let you pass&#8230;

Congratulations my friend.

XDesperado67 - PSN: XDesperado67// Toyota 2000 GT ´67

Max speed under bridge: 237 km/h = 147 mph =30 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle:8 Out: 8
Comments: Need a lot throttle control and wheel input , oversteer is the sanction if you not aware.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: good grip ,need to drive always taking care of the weight displacement when you place the car on the line. Concentration.

High speed corner:

Comments: Good grip , safe at this speed, just take care when you need to change direction , the car is very fast. Great top speed.

Comments: A wallbanger car for sure, they are unique . The way they drive, always sharp, needing skills to be fast and a lot of concentration. Great car. If you can drive it fast on the ring, take an easy car after this and for sure you will do a better time with what you would have learn.
Congrats my friend, was a great ride.

Hermanvongerman - PSN: Jontank5// Honda CR-X SIR ´90

Max speed under bridge: 227 km/h = 141 mph =28 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good change of direction , perfect balance, good grip .

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Always perfect balance very well spread on his spring, no underersteer , just go the right speed and brake at the good moment.No surprise very safe.

High speed corner:
Comments: Always the same things, this car is good any sector , slow medium high speed cornerfrom the entry to the out of the corner carrying a lot of speed constantly.

This car is a surprise for me. I don´t have it in my garage. Anybody can go fast safely with it, with a great top speed and acceleration. The balance is always perfect and neutral any condition.
The only reason that I did not give any ten is because the grip is just good, I think only premium have a little bit more for some few, also because he is good overall without a special and unique quality ,like eagerness entering (rare for FF) or out a corner (most common). I enjoy a lot this car and I will check it at UCD to put it in my garage as a best of. Congratulations.

Johnnypenso - PSN: Yuritardid// Nissan Silvia spec S AEO (S15) ´99

Test drive result // total points= 111 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Very neutral car ,no way to play with his weight at low speed , perfect balance, good grip , so it´s very easy to place and move thru the turns.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: The perfection , you can place the car where you want , millimetric driving line, no bumps or anything take it out of the trajectory you chose. Very reactive, perfect grip , perhaps to safe for my style , there is still room for more eagerness staying safe.

High speed corner:
Comments: Just perfect, smooth ,quick , safe&#8230;.. everything, even with comfort tires.

Any kind of driver will love the car. Johnny make an excellent tune one more time. The car is the same as the varieta. One of the best car in the game.Just a medium top speed , but on any other slower track, it´s a killer. Everybody need this car in his garage. Congratulations.

Rotary Junkie - PSN: RJs_RX-7// Mazda RX8 Type E `03// DRIVER CHOICE

Test drive result // total points= 114 pts

Max speed under bridge: 215 km/h = 134 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle:10 Out:10
Comments: Excellent brake , front and rear grip, very aggressive and safe out, just perfect.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: One word ,perfect , when you enter a corner thinking you´re too fast, just put more brake together with light and sharp direction input and you will grab the apex at the point you thought it was not possible. Great sensation.

High speed corner:
Comments: Again ,perfection. When you take a point to reach at the apex at high speed, you go exactly there . During your deceleration , if you feel you´re too fast, just put more wheel, this will not brake you sanctioned with an understeer, but the rear will follow softly and then you can take your perfect line again. Magic.

Mister Professor RJ, one more time congratulations for this awesome car. You´re the boss, I am still learning a lot with your magic tunes. At this time , I have still some test to do, but I think it will be difficult to reach your car . Even penalized by a low top speed , you have my vote for the driver´s choice.

bypo - PSN: bipito// Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02

Test drive result // total points= 108 pts

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph = 26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: the car is very aggressive ,need to pay attention to not loose the rear. Principally during quick changes of direction.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 9
Comments: Very good grip, front wheel very aggressive, just need to turn the right angle, if your input is excessive, you will spin or oversteer and loose speed .If you´re able to maintain the rear in line with smooth driving line and minimum weight transfer, you will go very very fast. But, it´s not easy.

High speed corner:
Comments: One more time ,don´t make quick mvt with the direction, any excessive weight transfer will be a disaster.

This is a fantastic but very sharp car. The fastest of the MR2 Spyder (6MT) ,but I needed more lap to be a good la. This car don´t forgive . This is a real pilot car, drive it smoothly and you will be very fast.

sheephead99 - PSN: sheephead99 // Volkswagen Lupo GTI `01

Test drive result // total points= 98 pts

Max speed under bridge: 213 km/h = 132 mph = 24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 7 Out: 8
Comments: The car understeer , no quick change of directions,slow but safe.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: This is the best sector of this car, no understeer entering a corner, stay in line at the apex if good speed, normal good out corner.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 7
Comments: Good entry, normal medium grip stay in line mid corner, slide out the corner under acceleration.

This is a good medium car like a lot in this game, some specifics settings would help to let it better, the base is good. I increase the top speed to reach the max speed of the car in straight.

SolidSnake7735 - PSN: SolidSnake7735 //Honda CR-X SIR ´90

Test drive result // total points= 102 pts

Max speed under bridge: 223 km/h = 139 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 8
Comments: Good change of direction , goodbalance, good grip.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Good entry, good grip and steady on driving line ,neutral brake no understeer, retake is slow due to stock gearbox . Loose a lot of time at this moment.

High speed corner:
Comments: Good line steady , good grip , good active direction mid corner,light understeer out corner before the straight and low retake due always to stock gearbox.

The car is a very good car, balanced safe and fast. I just don´t understand the 5 stock gearbox, with 1-2 very short, long 3 -4 -5 &#8230; Not very efficient. Just to test , I use on it a custom 6 gearbox and I was 4 seconds faster .

Jackthalad - PSN: CHRYSTALBUDS// Toyota MR2 Spyder `99

Test drive result // total points= 107 pts

Max speed under bridge: 222 km/h = 138 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Very good response at the wheel, easy to place , good grip. No oversteer ,eliminated by very good springs and dampers, and also the right LSD settings for the car. Right in the middle.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Safe car , stay in line, good front grip ,forgive more than most of the others MR2 Spyders.Few less retake out a corner than his cousins perhaps due to aerofoil and less power lost to PP.

High speed corner:
Comments: Very good, here the foil help to maintain the car in line and you are confident to be more aggressive during some hard high speed turns on the Ring track.
Always steady ,efficient throttle control.

I stick to the ghost of the fastest MR2 Spyder with this car during all the lap, The 3 kmh less to speed in the last straight make the difference, only 1 sc.

oppositelock -PSN: oppositelock27// Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Test drive result // total points= 108 pts

Max speed under bridge: 214 km/h = 132 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle:9 Out: 8
Comments: Excelent grip ,very aggressive on the entry, some little oversteer during change of direction, controllable on the wheel by smooth input, weak retake out corner.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 10 Out: 8
Comments: Excellent grip and brakes ,can be very aggressive on the entry,just take care not turn the wheel too much to not generate oversteer and loose speed.Slow out bad retake.

High speed corner:
Comments: perfect grip,good direction steady and safe car, just take care to the rear stay in line, do not turn to much the wheel or you´ll loose speed.

I build this car to test it, the balance is perfectly aggressive, sharp but not so much and very efficient. The only thing is the low top speed and retake. Adding to this the car is only 198PP / 173PP. It´was possible to have a car at 400PP and 177 HP, I have one ,that could help to reinforce the weak point of this car ,Top speed and retake.
It was a very good drive, with a pleasant car to drive fast. Congratulations.

Rallywagon - PSN: rallywgn81// Toyota 2000 GT ´67

Test drive result // total points= 104pts

Max speed under bridge: 227 km/h = 141 mph =28 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:8 Out: 8
Comments: Good entry the car is safe even when your direction input is strong (have to do this)till the mid corner. After that you need to turn back the wheel slowly taking care to make the out very round, if not you will oversteer, spin or loose speed.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: good entry under brake , aggressive line ,steady, but during change of direction take care with the weight displacement,if not you will spin or loose speed ,a lower LSD initial would help also out corner.Like Xdesperado car ,need concentration.

High speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle: 8 Out: 8

Comments: Good grip at the entry ,not so safe mid corner,lower retake as the other Toyota GT because less HP and only 198PP.

Comments: This car is sharp, ,the only safe moment is entering any corner. For the rest , you will have to negociate. If you stay on the line with smooth input, you will be fast. Can´t reach the max speed at 2 points of the circuit, lower top speed du to early rev. But overall good car to drive, good sensations.

MrGrado - PSN: MrGrado// Nissan 280Z '78

Max speed under bridge: 217 km/h = 135 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 9 Middle:9 Out: 8
Comments: The car have a very good balance good grip , just take care at few oversteer out corner, nothing big.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle: 9 Out: 9
Comments: excellent entry under brake ,carve very well, good grip mid corner and throttle control, good exit .

High speed corner:
Comments: Very steady and balanced safe car, good grip , just need some more HP for the retake 169 hp for 1043 kg, the MR2 spyder have 16 for 980&#8230;. ????

Very good car , a pleasure to drive , excellent balance , responsive&#8230;.. I had fun during this test. Just not good to see the ghost of the Honda insight going away at acceleration. Top speed and retake ,this is just what is penalizing this car, the rest is very very pleasant to drive.
Congrats.

CSLACR - PSN: CSLACR// Honda acura type R 2001

Test drive result // total points= 110 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 10 Middle:9 Out: 10
Comments: Perfect car,any sector, perfect brakes, good grip stay perfectly in line.

Medium speed corner:

Comments: Very soft to drive , easy to put on the ideal line ,follow your mind perfectly.

High speed corner:
Comments: One more time, excellent entry ,no surprise, constant very good grip.

I love this car, it was a very good drive. For me it´s the perfect car for a FF. Just can´t put note 10 all the sectors, just because it´s an FF and don´t have the agressivity and eagerness that a FR , 4WD or MR can have with a perfect tune like this.
Congratulations.

-raVer- - PSN: CSLACR// Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 &#8211; 16 Evolution II &#8217;91

Test drive result // total points= 106 pts

Max speed under bridge: 221 km/h = 137 mph =26 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Good grip well balanced, easy to place.

Medium speed corner:
Comments:good grip on entry, good brake. Oversteer mid corner, good retake when at right RPM .(gearbox not well spread)

High speed corner:
Comments: Steady on his line , fast, good grip, good retake out the corners .

The car is very good , this is one of the best 190 E 2.5 I have driven. The only problem is the gearbox, some gears are not adapted to some corners because you have too much space between some gears and this also is not good for the acceleration on 2 or 3 corners.

Motor City Hami - PSN: MotorCtyHamilton// Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Low speed corner:
Comments: Perfectly balanced, great gearbox,safe, easy to take the line you want.

Medium speed corner:
Comments: very good grip very good brakes , still the great balance of the car that forgive anything, give confidence to be fast.

High speed corner:
Comments: perfect constant grip , steady direction car in line always, very safe.

Comments: The car is perfect, no weak points, just a low top speed and acceleration that don´t allow a better time. Congratulations.

Tuner // car : Cowboys965 - PSN: Cowboys965&#8211;BMW 120D `04

Test drive result // total points=108 pts

Max speed under bridge: 196 km/h = 122 mph =24 pts

Low speed corner:
Comments: Excelent balance, brake and direction .

Medium speed corner:
Comments: Very good grip helped with strong brakes, high precision sharp direction. Steady on his line, you can oversteer if you are too much confident, but nothing dangerous. You´ll only loose speed.

High speed corner:
Comments: Perfect line, huge grip ,good direction.

The car is perfectly balanced, perhaps less ARB will allow more roll to play with weight displacement more than with the wheel, but it´s my personal opinion, the car is great like this too.
The only bad point is the very bad top speed. The fact that he use a 6 speed close ratios gearbox don´t help. With this car the max power is at 4000 rpm. After this torque and power fall dramatically. You need to shift at 4000 rpm and retake at 2800/3000 rpm. So you need a longer gearbox to stay in this range. It will be faster for sure.

Congrats for the chassis tune, great car.

Last edited:
Since all tunes are final and all cars shared I'm not sure why the testers need to wait any longer before posting...

Of course that's just ole Harvey Wallbanger here following that parrothead krenkme's lead and feeling a bit anxious like the slightly naughty boy who can't wait to see if he got candy or coal in his Christmas stocking...:crazy:

Since all tunes are final and all cars shared I'm not sure why the testers need to wait any longer before posting...

Of course that's just ole Harvey Wallbanger here following that parrothead krenkme's lead and feeling a bit anxious like the slightly naughty boy who can't wait to see if he got candy or coal in his Christmas stocking...:crazy:

Of course, and if it was 23:59 CSLACR would have writen 11:59 PM. But there is nothing and what is the interest to put a deadline when everybody is sleeping :ouch::indiff::indiff:

Of course, and if it was 23:59 CSLACR would have writen 11:59 PM. But there is nothing and what is the interest to put a deadline when everybody is sleeping :ouch::indiff::indiff:

It actually is pm, I should have listed 23:59. :dunce:

If Cowboys car is shared though, everyone's car is shared so we're good to go.👍

I never drink alcohol before noon...of corset its always after noon someplace...:D

Can we use that same logic here and just claim intoxication later?:crazy::lol:

That's like 7 or 10 beers :dopey: :D

But I only drink alco-pops because I drive. :dopey: There's actually no point drinking them though since there's so little alcohol in them. You might as well just but a soft drink. :lol:

Edit: My Insight didn't come last place in anything?! That's awesome. :lol:

@praiano63 Thanks for the great review and as always excellent driving amigo.👍👍 I do have a bit of a question though about my top speed. I just ran my backup car to confirm what I thought and I was running at about 147-148 under the Bilstein bridge at the top of the hill and around 151mph at the end as I entered the braking zone for the final set of curves. It's not unusual for me to hit 143mph coming up to Schwedenkreuz before braking slightly to keep on track over the hill there. Where were you getting your top speed readings at since its so much slower than my observed ones?:confused:

@RallyWagon looks like if we combined our tunes we might have cracked the top 10 with praiano.:lol: Yours appears to have a better corner entry and mid corner. Maybe after the shootout we can see about putting the two together for the ultimate 400PP 2000 GT.:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back